Abbotsford International Airport is a regional airport located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a hub for both passenger and cargo flights, connecting the Fraser Valley region to destinations across North America. The airport is known for its modern facilities and efficient operations, making it a popular choice for travelers and businesses alike.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Abbotsford International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Abbotsford International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Abbotsford International Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Abbotsford International Airport
Abbotsford International Airport is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. It is easily accessible by car, bus, or taxi. If you are driving, take the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) and exit at Sumas Way. Follow Sumas Way south until you reach the airport, which is located on the left-hand side of the road.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The #3 Clearbrook and #31 Abbotsford-Mission Connector both stop at the airport. You can also take a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft to get to the airport.
If you are coming from Vancouver, you can take the West Coast Express train to Mission City Station and then transfer to the #31 Abbotsford-Mission Connector bus. Alternatively, you can take the Greyhound bus to Abbotsford and then transfer to the #3 Clearbrook bus.
Overall, getting to Abbotsford International Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available. Whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or using a taxi or ride-sharing service, you can easily reach the airport from anywhere in the region.
Abbotsford International Airport is a popular airport located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Fraser Valley and the surrounding areas. If you are planning to travel to or from Abbotsford International Airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi stand is located outside the terminal building, and you can easily hail a taxi from there.
2. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the many car rental companies located at the airport. The car rental counters are located in the terminal building, and you can easily book a car in advance or on the spot.
3. Shuttle service: There are several shuttle services available at the airport that can take you to your destination. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Public transportation: The airport is well-connected to the public transportation system, and you can take a bus or a train to your destination. The bus stop and train station are located outside the terminal building, and you can easily find the schedule and route information online.
5. Private car service: If you prefer a more luxurious and comfortable ride, you can book a private car service. These services are often more expensive than taxis and shuttle services, but they offer a higher level of comfort and convenience.
In conclusion, Abbotsford International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer to drive yourself, take public transportation, or hire a private car service, you can easily find a transportation option that works for you.
Abbotsford International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Here are the different parking options available at the airport:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates for short-term parking are $3 for the first hour and $2 for each additional hour, up to a maximum of $18 per day.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are $15 per day, with a maximum of $75 per week.
3. Valet Parking: This is a premium parking service that allows travelers to drop off their car at the terminal building and have it parked for them. The rates for valet parking are $25 for the first day and $15 for each additional day, up to a maximum of $100 per week.
4. Disabled Parking: Abbotsford International Airport offers designated parking spaces for disabled travelers. These spaces are located in the short-term parking lot and the long-term parking lot, and are available at the same rates as regular parking.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport provides convenient and affordable parking options for all travelers. Whether you need to park for a few hours or several days, there is a parking option that will suit your needs.
Car Rental at Abbotsford International Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
Abbotsford International Airport is a small airport located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. It has two terminals, the main terminal and the west terminal. The main terminal is the larger of the two and is used for commercial flights. It has a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, gift shop, and a lounge area. The main terminal also has a number of airlines that operate out of it, including WestJet, Flair Airlines, and Swoop.
The west terminal is used primarily for general aviation and charter flights. It is smaller than the main terminal and has fewer amenities, but it is still a fully functional terminal. The west terminal is used by a variety of companies, including Abbotsford Flying Club, Coastal Pacific Aviation, and Conair.
Both terminals at Abbotsford International Airport are well-maintained and offer a comfortable experience for travelers. The airport is known for its friendly staff and efficient service. It is a popular airport for travelers who are looking for a more relaxed and stress-free travel experience. Overall, Abbotsford International Airport is a great option for travelers who are looking for a convenient and comfortable airport experience.
- Air Canada: Flights to Vancouver and Toronto.
- WestJet: Flights to Calgary and Winnipeg.
- Central Mountain Air: Flights to Prince George and Fort St. John.
- Air North: Flights to Whitehorse and Yellowknife.
- Flair Airlines: Flights to Edmonton and Kelowna.
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Flights to Vancouver and Victoria.
- Alaska Airlines: Flights to Seattle.
Abbotsford International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and airport personnel. To achieve this, the airport has implemented a range of security protocols that are designed to detect and prevent potential threats.
One of the key security measures at Abbotsford International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners, X-ray machines, and metal detectors, which are used to screen passengers and their belongings for prohibited items. In addition, all passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight.
The airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest security equipment and are trained to identify and respond to a range of security incidents.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and airport personnel. By implementing advanced screening technology and employing highly trained security personnel, the airport is able to detect and prevent potential threats, ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Abbotsford International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have, from flight information to baggage handling.
For passengers with mobility issues or disabilities, the airport provides wheelchair assistance and accessible facilities, including accessible parking, restrooms, and elevators. The airport also offers a dedicated security screening line for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions, allowing them to move through security more quickly and comfortably.
In addition, Abbotsford International Airport offers a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable, including free Wi-Fi, a selection of restaurants and cafes, and a duty-free shop. The airport also has a pet relief area for passengers traveling with pets.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, the airport’s friendly and helpful staff are there to assist you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Abbotsford Airport Café: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Café offers a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, as well as a selection of snacks and beverages.
2. The Abbotsford Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Gift Shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items.
3. The Abbotsford Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
4. The Abbotsford Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Duty Free Shop offers a selection of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. The Abbotsford Airport Pharmacy: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Pharmacy offers a selection of over-the-counter medications, as well as a variety of health and beauty products.
6. The Abbotsford Airport Bookstore: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Bookstore offers a selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
7. The Abbotsford Airport Bar: Located in the main terminal, the Abbotsford Airport Bar offers a selection of beer, wine, and spirits.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Abbotsford International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in various parts of the airport, making them easily accessible to travelers.
The first prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalators. This room is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. It is a quiet space where passengers can pray, meditate, or reflect.
The second prayer room is located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the food court. This room is also open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. It is a spacious area that can accommodate a large number of people.
In addition to the prayer rooms, Abbotsford International Airport also has a chapel located on the second floor of the terminal, near the escalators. This chapel is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. It is a peaceful space where passengers can worship or attend religious services.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport provides several options for passengers to practice their faith or find a quiet space for reflection. These prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and available for passengers of all faiths.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Abbotsford International Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport terminal and can be accessed by selecting the “YXX-Free-WiFi” network on your device.
For those who need to get some work done, the airport also provides a number of workspace facilities. The airport’s business center is located on the second floor of the terminal building and offers a quiet and comfortable space to work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, as well as a printer and scanner for your convenience.
In addition, there are several cafes and restaurants throughout the airport that offer seating and tables where you can work or relax. The airport also has a number of charging stations located throughout the terminal, so you can keep your devices powered up while you work.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers and visitors can stay connected and productive while they are at the airport.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in the US Departure Area, near Gate 6.
- Delta Sky Club – Located in the Domestic Departure Area, near Gate D1.
- United Club – Located in the Domestic Departure Area, near Gate D2.
- WestJet Lounge – Located in the International Departure Area, near Gate 11.
Accomodation Options Nearby Abbotsford International Airport
1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Abbotsford Airport: Located just minutes away from Abbotsford International Airport, this hotel offers comfortable and modern accommodations with complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
2. Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
3. Quality Hotel & Conference Centre Abbotsford: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
4. Sandman Hotel Abbotsford Airport: Located just minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and modern accommodations with complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
5. Comfort Inn & Suites Abbotsford Airport: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
Abbotsford International Airport is located in the beautiful city of Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is surrounded by many attractions that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near Abbotsford International Airport:
1. Castle Fun Park: This family-friendly amusement park is located just a few minutes away from the airport. It features mini-golf, go-karts, bumper cars, arcade games, and much more.
2. Abbotsford Exhibition Park: This park hosts many events throughout the year, including the annual Abbotsford Agrifair and Rodeo. It also has a playground, picnic areas, and walking trails.
3. Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery: This hatchery is a great place to learn about fish conservation and see different species of trout. Visitors can also feed the fish and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
4. Clayburn Village: This historic village is located just a short drive from the airport. It features heritage buildings, a museum, and a tea house.
5. Sumas Mountain Regional Park: This park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the Fraser Valley. It is a great place to enjoy nature and get some exercise.
6. Abbotsford Downtown: The downtown area of Abbotsford is a vibrant and bustling place with many shops, restaurants, and cafes. It is a great place to explore and experience the local culture.
Overall, Abbotsford International Airport is surrounded by many attractions that cater to a variety of interests. Whether you are looking for family-friendly activities, outdoor adventures, or cultural experiences, there is something for everyone near the airport.
History of Abbotsford International Airport
Abbotsford International Airport is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1943 as a Royal Canadian Air Force base during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for civilian purposes and was eventually purchased by the City of Abbotsford in 1997.
Since then, Abbotsford International Airport has undergone significant expansion and modernization. In 2008, a new terminal building was constructed, which increased the airport’s capacity and improved passenger amenities. The airport also has a large cargo facility, which handles a variety of goods, including perishable items and oversized cargo.
Abbotsford International Airport is now a major transportation hub in the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia. It serves as a gateway to the Pacific Northwest and provides convenient access to Vancouver, Seattle, and other destinations. The airport is also home to the Abbotsford International Airshow, which attracts thousands of visitors each year and showcases a variety of military and civilian aircraft. Overall, Abbotsford International Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in the local economy and transportation infrastructure.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport