Al Maktoum International Airport is a major airport located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the world’s largest airport in terms of land area and is designed to handle up to 160 million passengers annually. The airport serves as a hub for several airlines and offers a wide range of facilities and services to its passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Al Maktoum International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Al Maktoum International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Al Maktoum International Airport
- Other Airports in Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates
How to Get to Al Maktoum International Airport
Al Maktoum International Airport is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, bus, and metro.
If you are driving, take the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and follow the signs to the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport.
Taxis are readily available throughout Dubai and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey to the airport takes approximately 45 minutes from central Dubai.
The Dubai Metro also provides a convenient way to get to the airport. Take the Red Line to the Jebel Ali station and then transfer to the Route F55 bus, which will take you directly to the airport.
Finally, several bus routes also serve the airport, including the Route F55 from the Jebel Ali Metro station, the Route F55A from the Ibn Battuta Metro station, and the Route F55B from the Dubai Mall Metro station.
No matter how you choose to get to Al Maktoum International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to arrive before your flight.
Al Maktoum International Airport, also known as Dubai World Central, is located in Jebel Ali, Dubai. It is the second-largest airport in Dubai and serves as a hub for low-cost carriers and cargo airlines. If you are traveling to or from Al Maktoum International Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Bus: The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) operates several bus routes that connect Al Maktoum International Airport to different parts of Dubai. The bus fare is affordable and can be paid using a Nol card.
3. Metro: The Dubai Metro does not currently serve Al Maktoum International Airport, but there are plans to extend the Red Line to the airport in the future.
4. Car Rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can choose from a range of vehicles and book in advance or on arrival.
5. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport and offer a more personalized and comfortable option for transportation. You can book a private transfer in advance or on arrival.
6. Hotel Shuttle: Some hotels in Dubai offer shuttle services to and from the airport. If you are staying at a hotel, it is worth checking if they offer this service.
In conclusion, Al Maktoum International Airport offers several transportation options to suit different preferences and budgets. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, bus, metro, car rental, private transfer, or hotel shuttle, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Al Maktoum International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different types of car parking and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking option is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking option is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Valet parking: This parking option is located at the terminal building and offers a convenient way for travelers to drop off their car and have it parked for them. The rates for valet parking are charged hourly.
4. Premium parking: This parking option is located closest to the terminal building and offers a premium parking experience for travelers who want to park their car in a secure and convenient location. The rates for premium parking are charged daily.
5. Economy parking: This parking option is located a short distance from the terminal building and offers an affordable parking option for travelers who want to save money on parking fees. The rates for economy parking are charged daily.
Overall, Al Maktoum International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Al Maktoum International Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Europcar Car Rental
- SIXT Rent a Car
- Alamo Rent a Car
- Dollar Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Easy Rent Cars
Al Maktoum International Airport is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is one of the largest airports in the world and serves as a hub for many airlines. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Terminal 1 is the main terminal and is used by many international airlines. It has a capacity of 90 million passengers per year and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The terminal has a wide range of shops, restaurants, and lounges for passengers to enjoy. It also has a duty-free shopping area, where passengers can purchase a variety of products at tax-free prices.
Terminal 2 is used by low-cost airlines and has a capacity of 5 million passengers per year. It is a smaller terminal compared to Terminal 1, but it still offers a range of facilities for passengers. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a duty-free shopping area.
Both terminals are connected by a shuttle bus service, which runs every 20 minutes. The airport also has a range of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for passengers to get to and from the airport.
Overall, Al Maktoum International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that offers a range of facilities for passengers. Its two terminals cater to different types of airlines and passengers, making it a convenient choice for travelers.
3. Wizz Air
4. Air Arabia
8. Azur Air
9. Ural Airlines
10. Himalaya Airlines
11. Jazeera Airways
12. Gulf Air
13. Kuwait Airways
14. Mahan Air
15. Qatar Airways
16. Royal Jordanian
19. Ukraine International Airlines
20. Uzbekistan Airways.
Al Maktoum International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are safe.
The security protocols at Al Maktoum International Airport include a range of measures such as baggage screening, passenger screening, and security checks. All passengers and their luggage are screened before they are allowed to board their flights. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a full-body scan of each passenger.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These security personnel are equipped with the latest technology and equipment to ensure that they can quickly and effectively respond to any situation.
Overall, the security protocols at Al Maktoum International Airport are designed to provide passengers with a safe and secure travel experience. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Al Maktoum International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and senior citizens.
One of the most popular traveler’s assistance services offered at Al Maktoum International Airport is the Meet and Greet service. This service is designed to help passengers navigate the airport and its facilities. A dedicated team of airport staff is available to assist passengers with check-in, baggage handling, security clearance, and boarding. The Meet and Greet service is particularly useful for first-time travelers or those who are unfamiliar with the airport.
Another important traveler’s assistance service offered at Al Maktoum International Airport is the Special Assistance service. This service is designed to cater to the needs of passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility. The airport provides a range of facilities and services, including wheelchair assistance, special seating arrangements, and dedicated staff to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking.
Overall, Al Maktoum International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned globetrotter, the airport’s dedicated staff is always on hand to help you navigate the airport and its facilities.
Shops and Restaurants
Al Maktoum International Airport, also known as Dubai World Central, is a modern and spacious airport located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers.
1. Dubai Duty-Free – This is a world-renowned duty-free shop that offers a wide range of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, electronics, and souvenirs.
2. WHSmith – This is a popular bookstore chain that offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers.
3. Pure Gold – This is a jewelry store that offers a range of gold, diamond, and precious stone jewelry.
4. Sunglass Hut – This is a popular sunglasses store that offers a range of designer sunglasses.
5. Victoria’s Secret – This is a well-known lingerie and beauty store that offers a range of products such as bras, panties, and fragrances.
1. Costa Coffee – This is a popular coffee chain that offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
2. McDonald’s – This is a well-known fast-food chain that offers a range of burgers, fries, and drinks.
3. Subway – This is a popular sandwich chain that offers a range of sandwiches, salads, and drinks.
4. KFC – This is a well-known fast-food chain that offers a range of fried chicken, burgers, and drinks.
5. Brioche Doree – This is a French bakery that offers a range of pastries, sandwiches, and drinks.
Overall, Al Maktoum International Airport offers a great shopping and dining experience for travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or some last-minute shopping, you’ll find everything you need at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Al Maktoum International Airport, also known as Dubai World Central, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These facilities are located throughout the airport to ensure easy access for all.
1. Main Prayer Room: Located in the departures area, this spacious prayer room is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 500 worshippers. It is equipped with ablution facilities and separate areas for men and women.
2. Concourse A Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in Concourse A and is open 24/7. It can accommodate up to 50 worshippers and is equipped with ablution facilities.
3. Concourse B Prayer Room: Located in Concourse B, this prayer room is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 50 worshippers. It is equipped with ablution facilities.
4. Concourse C Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in Concourse C and is open 24/7. It can accommodate up to 50 worshippers and is equipped with ablution facilities.
5. Transit Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the transit area and is open 24/7. It can accommodate up to 50 worshippers and is equipped with ablution facilities.
6. Multi-Faith Room: Located in the departures area, this room is open 24/7 and is designed for passengers of all faiths. It provides a quiet space for meditation and reflection.
Overall, Al Maktoum International Airport offers a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the needs of its diverse passengers and visitors. These facilities are conveniently located throughout the airport and are equipped with all necessary amenities.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Al Maktoum International Airport, also known as Dubai World Central, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study during their layover, Al Maktoum International Airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Center:
The airport has a fully-equipped business center that provides a range of services, including printing, scanning, and photocopying. The center also has private meeting rooms that can be booked in advance for business meetings or conference calls.
The airport has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, charging points, and free WiFi access. These lounges are perfect for passengers who need a quiet and comfortable space to work or relax.
3. Quiet Zones:
The airport has designated quiet zones where passengers can work or rest in a peaceful environment. These zones are equipped with comfortable seating and charging points, making them ideal for passengers who need to recharge their devices or work on their laptops.
In conclusion, Al Maktoum International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive travel experience. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
The Al Maktoum International Airport provides several lounges to offer passengers a comfortable and relaxing experience while they wait for their flights. Here is a list of the lounges available and where they are located:
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Terminal 1, Departures
- Emirates Business Lounge – Terminal 1, Departures
- Marhaba Lounge – Terminal 1, Departures
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Terminal 2, Departures
- Marhaba Lounge – Terminal 2, Departures
- Marhaba Lounge – Terminal 3, Departures
Accomodation Options Nearby Al Maktoum International Airport
At Al Maktoum International Airport, passengers are offered a range of accommodation options to ensure a comfortable and convenient stay. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, the airport has got you covered. Here, we present a comprehensive list of accommodation options at Al Maktoum International Airport, catering to various preferences and budgets:
1. Sleep Capsules: For those seeking a short rest, sleep capsules are a convenient and cost-effective option. These individual sleep pods provide a cozy and private space to recharge before your next flight.
2. Transit Hotels: Al Maktoum International Airport offers transit hotels that are perfect for passengers with longer layovers or overnight stays. These hotels provide comfortable rooms, amenities such as Wi-Fi, television, and access to fitness centers, ensuring a pleasant stay.
3. Economy Hotels: If you are looking for an affordable yet comfortable option, there are several economy hotels located near the airport. These hotels provide clean rooms, essential amenities, and often offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport.
4. Mid-Range Hotels: For a slightly more upscale experience, mid-range hotels in the vicinity of the airport provide additional amenities and services. These hotels feature comfortable rooms, on-site dining options, fitness centers, and complimentary shuttle services.
5. Luxury Hotels: For travelers desiring a luxurious stay, Al Maktoum International Airport offers a selection of high-end hotels. These establishments provide lavish rooms, top-notch services, fine dining experiences, spa facilities, and sometimes even concierge services to cater to every guest’s needs.
6. Serviced Apartments: Ideal for longer stays, serviced apartments near the airport offer spacious accommodations with separate living areas, fully equipped kitchens, and laundry facilities. This option is perfect for families or individuals looking for a home-away-from-home experience.
7. Airport Lounges: Airport lounges are an excellent option to relax and rejuvenate during your layover. These lounges often feature comfortable seating, Wi-Fi, complimentary refreshments, showers, and even access to business facilities.
Please note that specific accommodations may have varying price ranges and additional services. It is advisable to check the respective hotel’s website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information and to make reservations that suit your requirements.
1. Dubai Parks and Resorts: Located just a short drive from Al Maktoum International Airport, this mega entertainment complex offers a variety of theme parks including Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai. Visitors can enjoy thrilling rides, live shows, and immersive experiences for the whole family.
2. The Dubai Miracle Garden: A truly awe-inspiring attraction, the Dubai Miracle Garden is the world’s largest natural flower garden. With millions of blooming flowers arranged in beautiful patterns, visitors can stroll through the stunning displays and take in the vibrant colors and fragrant scents.
3. Global Village: This multicultural extravaganza brings together different cultures from around the world, offering a unique shopping and entertainment experience. Visitors can explore pavilions showcasing food, handicrafts, and performances representing over 75 countries.
4. The Palm Jumeirah: One of the most iconic landmarks in Dubai, the Palm Jumeirah is an artificial island shaped like a palm tree. Visitors can indulge in luxurious resorts, fine dining, and enjoy stunning views of the Dubai skyline. It also offers water parks, like Aquaventure, perfect for thrill-seekers.
5. Dubai Marina: A vibrant waterfront district, Dubai Marina offers a stunning skyline view and a bustling atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the promenade, dine at trendy restaurants, or take a relaxing boat ride to see the impressive yachts and luxury residences.
6. The Dubai Mall: As one of the world’s largest malls, the Dubai Mall is a shopper’s paradise. With hundreds of stores, from high-end luxury brands to popular international chains, visitors can indulge in a shopping spree. The mall also features entertainment options such as an aquarium, ice rink, and a large indoor theme park, VR Park.
7. Dubai Autodrome: Motorsports enthusiasts will be thrilled by the Dubai Autodrome, a state-of-the-art racing facility. Visitors can experience high-speed thrills by taking a driving course, watching a race, or even booking a supercar driving experience on the track.
8. Butterfly Garden: Nestled within Dubai Miracle Garden, the Butterfly Garden showcases a tropical sanctuary with thousands of colorful butterflies fluttering around. It offers visitors a unique opportunity to observe these delicate creatures up close and learn about their life cycle.
9. Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve: Located a short drive from Al Maktoum International Airport, this vast desert reserve offers visitors a chance to experience Dubai’s natural landscapes. From exhilarating dune bashing and camel rides to falconry and traditional Bedouin experiences, this desert retreat promises an unforgettable adventure.
10. Dubai Frame: Standing tall in Zabeel Park, the Dubai Frame is a unique architectural marvel that offers panoramic views of the city. Visitors can take an elevator to the top and enjoy stunning 360-degree views of both old and new Dubai, providing an excellent photo opportunity to capture the city’s evolving skyline.
History of Al Maktoum International Airport
Al Maktoum International Airport is a relatively new airport located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The airport was officially opened in June 2010, and it was initially designed to be the world’s largest airport with a capacity of 160 million passengers per year. The airport was named after Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai and the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates.
The construction of Al Maktoum International Airport was part of Dubai’s ambitious plan to become a global aviation hub. The airport was built in the Dubai World Central (DWC) complex, which is a massive development project that includes residential, commercial, and logistics facilities. The airport was designed to handle both passenger and cargo traffic, and it was expected to become the main airport in Dubai, replacing the older Dubai International Airport.
However, the development of Al Maktoum International Airport has been slower than expected, and the airport has not yet reached its full capacity. As of 2021, the airport has a capacity of 26 million passengers per year, and it mainly serves low-cost carriers and cargo airlines. Nevertheless, the airport has played an important role in Dubai’s aviation industry, and it has contributed to the city’s economic growth and development.
Other Airports in Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates