The Aleknagik / New Airport is a small airport located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. It serves the community of Aleknagik and surrounding areas, providing essential air transportation services to residents and visitors. The airport features a single runway and a small terminal building.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Aleknagik / New Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Aleknagik / New Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Aleknagik / New Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Aleknagik / New Airport
- Other Airports in Alaska, United States
How to Get to Aleknagik / New Airport
Aleknagik is a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. The easiest way to get to Aleknagik is by air. The New Airport is the closest airport to the village, and it is located about 2 miles away.
To get to Aleknagik, you can take a flight from Anchorage to Dillingham. From there, you can take a smaller plane to the New Airport in Aleknagik. The flight from Anchorage to Dillingham takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes, while the flight from Dillingham to Aleknagik takes about 15 minutes.
Another option is to take a ferry from Anchorage to Dillingham. The ferry ride takes about 3 days, and it is a scenic way to travel to Aleknagik. Once you arrive in Dillingham, you can take a smaller plane to the New Airport in Aleknagik.
If you are driving to Aleknagik, you can take the Alaska Highway to Tok, then take the Tok Cutoff to Glennallen. From there, take the Richardson Highway to Valdez, then take the ferry to Whittier. From Whittier, take the Seward Highway to Anchorage, then take the flight or ferry to Dillingham, and finally, take the smaller plane to the New Airport in Aleknagik.
Overall, the easiest and quickest way to get to Aleknagik is by air. The New Airport is the closest airport to the village, and it is easily accessible from Anchorage or Dillingham.
Aleknagik, a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska, is served by the Aleknagik / New Airport. If you are planning to travel to or from this airport, you have several transportation options to choose from.
1. Car Rental: One of the most convenient ways to get around Aleknagik is by renting a car. Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Hertz. You can book a car online or at the airport, and pick it up upon arrival.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport, and you can easily hail one outside the terminal. However, it is recommended to book a taxi in advance to avoid any inconvenience. Several taxi companies operate in the area, including Dillingham Taxi and Aleknagik Taxi.
3. Shuttle Service: Shuttle services are also available at the airport, and they offer a convenient and affordable way to get to your destination. Several shuttle companies operate in the area, including Dillingham Shuttle and Aleknagik Shuttle.
4. Public Transportation: Public transportation is limited in Aleknagik, but you can take a bus or a van to nearby towns and cities. The Alaska Marine Highway System also operates a ferry service that connects Aleknagik to other parts of Alaska.
5. Private Car Service: If you prefer a more personalized transportation experience, you can hire a private car service. Several companies offer this service, including Aleknagik Car Service and Dillingham Car Service.
In conclusion, Aleknagik / New Airport offers several transportation options to choose from. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, shuttle, public transportation, or a private car service, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Aleknagik / New Airport Car Parking is located in close proximity to the Aleknagik / New Airport in Alaska. The parking lot is conveniently situated just a short distance from the airport terminal, making it an ideal choice for travelers who need to park their vehicles before catching a flight.
The parking lot is well-maintained and offers ample space for vehicles of all sizes, including cars, trucks, and SUVs. It is also equipped with security features such as surveillance cameras and lighting to ensure the safety of parked vehicles.
In addition to its convenient location and security features, Aleknagik / New Airport Car Parking offers affordable rates for short-term and long-term parking. Travelers can choose from a variety of parking options, including hourly, daily, and weekly rates.
Overall, Aleknagik / New Airport Car Parking is a reliable and convenient option for travelers who need to park their vehicles near the Aleknagik / New Airport. Its location, security features, and affordable rates make it a top choice for both short-term and long-term parking needs.
Car Rental at Aleknagik / New Airport
- Alaska Car Rental
- Eagle Rental Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Alaska Adventure Rentals
- Alaska Car & Van Rental
- All Alaska Rent-A-Car
- Alaska 4×4 Rentals
- Alaska Rental Cars
Aleknagik is a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. The village is situated on the shores of Lake Aleknagik and is home to a small airport that serves the local community. Recently, the airport has undergone a major renovation, which includes the construction of new airport terminals.
The new airport terminals in Aleknagik are designed to provide a more comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers. The terminals are equipped with modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and comfortable seating areas. The new terminals also feature larger waiting areas, which can accommodate more passengers during peak travel times.
In addition to the new terminals, the airport has also upgraded its runway and taxiway systems to improve safety and efficiency. The runway has been extended to accommodate larger aircraft, and the taxiways have been widened to allow for easier navigation. These upgrades will help to ensure that the airport can continue to serve the needs of the local community for years to come. Overall, the new airport terminals in Aleknagik are a welcome addition to the village and will help to improve the travel experience for all passengers.
- Aleknagik / New Airport is served by two major airlines: Alaska Airlines and Ravn Alaska.
- Alaska Airlines operates daily flights to Anchorage, Juneau, and Seattle, as well as seasonal flights to Kodiak and Fairbanks.
- Ravn Alaska operates daily flights to Anchorage, Bethel, Dillingham, Kotzebue, Nome, and St. Mary’s, as well as seasonal flights to Fairbanks and Unalakleet.
Aleknagik is a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. The village is served by the Aleknagik Airport, which has recently implemented new security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. These protocols are in line with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines and are designed to enhance the overall airport security.
One of the new security protocols is the use of advanced imaging technology (AIT) scanners. These scanners are used to detect any potential threats that may be concealed on a passenger’s body or in their luggage. The AIT scanners are non-invasive and do not emit any harmful radiation, making them safe for passengers to use.
Another security measure that has been implemented is the use of explosive detection systems (EDS). These systems are used to scan checked baggage for any explosive materials that may be present. The EDS machines use advanced technology to detect even the smallest traces of explosives, ensuring that all luggage is thoroughly screened before being loaded onto the aircraft.
In addition to these measures, the Aleknagik Airport has also increased the number of security personnel on duty. These personnel are trained to identify potential threats and to respond quickly and effectively in the event of an emergency. Overall, these new security protocols have greatly enhanced the safety and security of the Aleknagik Airport, providing passengers with peace of mind when traveling to and from the village.
Aleknagik is a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska, United States. The village is home to the Aleknagik Airport, which serves as a gateway to the region for tourists and locals alike. The airport has recently undergone renovations and upgrades, resulting in the construction of a new terminal building. The new terminal building offers modern amenities and services to travelers, making their journey more comfortable and convenient.
To further enhance the travel experience of passengers, the Aleknagik Airport offers traveler’s assistance services. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and transportation to and from the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to travelers with disabilities or special needs. They ensure that all passengers are able to navigate the airport and board their flights with ease.
In addition to traveler’s assistance services, the Aleknagik Airport also provides information and guidance to travelers. The airport staff is knowledgeable about the local area and can provide information on accommodations, transportation, and tourist attractions. They are also available to answer any questions or concerns that travelers may have. Overall, the Aleknagik Airport’s traveler’s assistance services and knowledgeable staff make it a welcoming and convenient destination for travelers to the region.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Aleknagik Trading Post: This store offers a variety of goods, including groceries, hardware, and clothing.
2. The Aleknagik Airport Café: This café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as freshly made sandwiches and salads.
3. The Aleknagik Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers souvenirs and gifts, perfect for taking home to remember your trip.
4. The Aleknagik Airport Bar: This bar offers a variety of beer, wine, and spirits, as well as light snacks.
5. The Aleknagik Airport Bookstore: This bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers, perfect for passing the time while waiting for your flight.
6. The Aleknagik Airport Newsstand: This newsstand offers a variety of snacks, drinks, and other convenience items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Aleknagik / New Airport is a small airport located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska, USA. Despite its small size, the airport has a few prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to pray or meditate.
1. Christian Prayer Room – This prayer room is located near the baggage claim area of the airport. It is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located near the boarding gates of the airport. It is open to all Muslims and provides a clean and private space for prayer.
3. Meditation Room – The meditation room is located near the airport lounge area. It is open to all visitors and provides a quiet and peaceful space for meditation and reflection.
4. Chapel – The airport also has a small chapel located near the baggage claim area. It is open to all visitors and provides a space for prayer and worship for all religions.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are well-maintained and equipped with necessary facilities such as prayer mats, religious texts, and ablution facilities. Passengers and visitors are welcome to use these spaces for their spiritual needs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Aleknagik / New Airport is a small airport located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of amenities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Here are the WiFi and workspace facilities available at Aleknagik / New Airport:
The airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your friends, family, and work colleagues while waiting for your flight.
Aleknagik / New Airport has a small business center that offers basic workspace facilities to passengers and visitors. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it an ideal place to work or study. The center also has a printer and scanner, which you can use to print out important documents or scan your boarding pass.
In addition to the business center, the airport has several seating areas where you can work or relax. The seating areas are comfortable and spacious, providing you with ample space to work on your laptop or read a book.
Overall, Aleknagik / New Airport offers excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to its passengers and visitors. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to make your travel experience enjoyable and stress-free.
- Aleknagik Airport Lounge – Aleknagik, AK
- New Airport Lounge – Dillingham, AK
- Airport Lounge – Togiak, AK
- Alaska Airlines Lounge – Kodiak, AK
- Alaska Airlines Lounge – King Salmon, AK
- Cordova Airport Lounge – Cordova, AK
- The Alaska Lounge – Sitka, AK
- Alaska Airlines Lounge – Juneau, AK
- Alaska Airlines Lounge – Kenai, AK
- Alaska Airlines Lounge – Anchorage, AK
Accomodation Options Nearby Aleknagik / New Airport
1. Aleknagik Lodge: Located just a few miles from the Aleknagik / New Airport, the Aleknagik Lodge offers comfortable and affordable accommodations in a peaceful setting. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
2. Aleknagik Inn: The Aleknagik Inn is a cozy and convenient option for travelers looking for a place to stay near the Aleknagik / New Airport. The inn offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
3. Aleknagik Cabins: Located just a few miles from the Aleknagik / New Airport, Aleknagik Cabins offer a rustic and peaceful experience for travelers. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
4. Aleknagik B&B: The Aleknagik B&B is a charming and cozy option for travelers looking for a place to stay near the Aleknagik / New Airport. The B&B offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
5. Aleknagik Campground: The Aleknagik Campground is a great option for travelers looking for a more rustic experience. The campground offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
1. Wood-Tikchik State Park: This park is a popular attraction near Aleknagik and New Airport. It is the largest state park in Alaska and offers visitors a chance to explore the wilderness, go fishing, and enjoy scenic views.
2. Lake Aleknagik: This beautiful lake is a popular spot for fishing and boating. Visitors can rent boats or kayaks to explore the lake and its surrounding areas.
3. Dillingham Historical Museum: This museum is located in nearby Dillingham and offers visitors a chance to learn about the history and culture of the region. It features exhibits on the local Native American tribes, the fishing industry, and the history of the town.
4. Bristol Bay Heritage Land Trust: This organization works to protect the natural and cultural resources of the Bristol Bay region. Visitors can learn about their work and explore the local wildlife and habitats.
5. Togiak National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is located about 50 miles from Aleknagik and offers visitors a chance to see a variety of wildlife, including brown bears, caribou, and moose. It is also a popular spot for fishing and hunting.
6. Nushagak River: This river is a popular spot for fishing, particularly for salmon. Visitors can hire a guide or rent a boat to explore the river and try their luck at catching fish.
7. Alaska Peninsula National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is located about 100 miles from Aleknagik and offers visitors a chance to see a variety of wildlife, including grizzly bears, wolves, and caribou. It is also a popular spot for hunting and fishing.
History of Aleknagik / New Airport
Aleknagik is a small village located in the Dillingham Census Area of Alaska. The village is situated on the shores of Lake Aleknagik, which is known for its abundant fish population. The village has a rich history, dating back to the Yup’ik Eskimo people who have lived in the area for thousands of years.
The Aleknagik Airport was originally built in the 1950s and served as a vital transportation hub for the village and surrounding areas. However, due to its outdated facilities and limited capacity, the airport was in need of an upgrade. In 2012, construction began on a new airport, which was completed in 2014.
The new Aleknagik Airport features a 3,300-foot runway, a modern terminal building, and improved safety features. The airport is now capable of accommodating larger aircraft and can handle more passengers and cargo. The new airport has also helped to boost the local economy by providing better transportation options for residents and businesses in the area.
Overall, the Aleknagik Airport has played an important role in the history and development of the village. With the completion of the new airport, the village is better equipped to meet the transportation needs of its residents and visitors, and is poised for continued growth and prosperity in the years to come.
Other Airports in Alaska, United States
- Adak Airport
- Aleknagik / New Airport
- Allen Army Airfield
- Ambler Airport
- Anaktuvuk Pass Airport
- Aniak Airport
- Annette Island Airport
- Anvik Airport
- Arctic Village Airport
- Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr Memorial Airport
- Barter Island Long Range Radar Station Airport
- Bethel Airport
- Bettles Airport
- Birchwood Airport
- Bob Baker Memorial Airport
- Buckland Airport
- Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport
- Cape Newenham LRRS Airport
- Cape Romanzof LRRS Airport
- Clear Airport
- Cold Bay Airport
- Deadhorse Airport
- Deering Airport
- Dillingham Airport
- Eareckson Air Station
- Edward G. Pitka Sr Airport
- Egegik Airport
- Eielson Air Force Base
- Elmendorf Air Force Base
- Emmonak Airport
- Fairbanks International Airport
- Fort Yukon Airport
- Gambell Airport
- Gulkana Airport
- Gustavus Airport
- Haines Airport
- Holy Cross Airport
- Homer Airport
- Hooper Bay Airport
- Huslia Airport
- Iliamna Airport
- Indian Mountain LRRS Airport
- Juneau International Airport
- Kake Airport
- Kenai Municipal Airport
- Ketchikan International Airport
- King Salmon Airport
- Kivalina Airport
- Klawock Airport
- Kodiak Airport
- Ladd AAF Airfield
- Marshall Don Hunter Sr Airport
- McGrath Airport
- Mekoryuk Airport
- Merle K (Mudhole) Smith Airport
- Merrill Field
- Nenana Municipal Airport
- Noatak Airport
- Nome Airport
- Northway Airport
- Nuiqsut Airport
- Petersburg James A Johnson Airport
- Platinum Airport
- Point Lay LRRS Airport
- Port Clarence Coast Guard Station
- Port Heiden Airport
- Ralph Wien Memorial Airport
- Ruby Airport
- Sand Point Airport
- Savoonga Airport
- Scammon Bay Airport
- Seward Airport
- Shishmaref Airport
- Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport
- Soldotna Airport
- Sparrevohn LRRS Airport
- St George Airport
- St Mary’s Airport
- St Paul Island Airport
- Talkeetna Airport
- Tatalina LRRS Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Togiak Airport
- Tom Madsen (Dutch Harbor) Airport
- Valdez Pioneer Field
- Wainwright Airport
- Warren “Bud” Woods Palmer Municipal Airport
- Wasilla Airport
- Wiley Post Will Rogers Memorial Airport
- Wrangell Airport
- Yakutat Airport