Alert Bay Airport is a small airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community and visitors to the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Alert Bay Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Alert Bay Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Alert Bay Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Alert Bay Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Alert Bay Airport
Alert Bay Airport is located on Cormorant Island, which is part of the Alert Bay community in British Columbia, Canada. The airport is primarily used for small aircraft and charter flights. If you are planning to travel to Alert Bay Airport, there are a few options available to you.
The most common way to get to Alert Bay Airport is by taking a ferry from Port McNeill or Telegraph Cove. The ferry ride takes approximately 25 minutes and drops you off at Alert Bay’s ferry terminal. From there, you can take a short walk to the airport, which is located just a few minutes away.
Another option is to take a water taxi from nearby communities such as Port McNeill or Campbell River. This is a great option if you are traveling with a larger group or have a lot of luggage. Water taxis can be arranged in advance and will drop you off directly at the airport.
If you are coming from further away, you can also fly into Vancouver International Airport and then take a connecting flight to Alert Bay Airport. There are several airlines that offer flights to Alert Bay, including Pacific Coastal Airlines and Central Mountain Air.
Overall, getting to Alert Bay Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to take a ferry, water taxi, or flight, you will be able to reach your destination quickly and efficiently.
Alert Bay Airport is a small airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination on Cormorant Island or to the ferry terminal for transportation to other destinations.
2. Shuttle Service: There are several shuttle services available that can take you to your destination on Cormorant Island or to the ferry terminal. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
3. Car Rental: There are several car rental companies located near the airport that offer a variety of vehicles for rent. This option is ideal for travelers who want the flexibility to explore Cormorant Island and the surrounding areas at their own pace.
4. Public Transportation: The island has a public transportation system that includes buses and ferries. The bus system operates on a fixed schedule and can take you to various destinations on the island. The ferry system connects Cormorant Island to other islands and the mainland.
5. Walking: Cormorant Island is a small island, and many of the attractions and accommodations are within walking distance of the airport. This option is ideal for travelers who want to explore the island at a leisurely pace and enjoy the scenic views.
Alert Bay Airport offers convenient and secure car parking options for travelers. The parking areas are located in close proximity to the airport terminal, making it easy for passengers to access their vehicles.
The airport has two parking lots available for use. The first is a short-term parking lot located directly in front of the terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The short-term parking lot is free for the first 30 minutes, after which a fee of $2 per hour applies.
The second parking lot is a long-term parking lot located just a short walk from the terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time, such as overnight or for several days. The long-term parking lot is also free for the first 30 minutes, after which a fee of $10 per day applies.
Both parking lots are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles and passengers. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosk located in the terminal building or through the HonkMobile app.
Overall, Alert Bay Airport provides convenient and affordable parking options for travelers, making it easy to park and fly with peace of mind.
Car Rental at Alert Bay Airport
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Avis Rent a Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Dollar Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Alert Bay Airport is a small regional airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arrivals and departures. The terminal is small but well-maintained, with a waiting area, check-in counters, and a baggage claim area. The airport is primarily used for charter flights and small aircraft, with limited commercial service.
The terminal building at Alert Bay Airport is designed to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The waiting area is equipped with comfortable seating and ample natural light, creating a welcoming atmosphere. The check-in counters are staffed by friendly and knowledgeable personnel who are available to assist passengers with their travel needs. The baggage claim area is located adjacent to the check-in counters, making it easy for passengers to retrieve their luggage upon arrival.
Despite its small size, Alert Bay Airport is an important transportation hub for the region. The airport provides essential air service to the local community, connecting residents and visitors to other parts of British Columbia and beyond. The terminal building is an important part of this service, providing a safe and comfortable environment for passengers to travel in. Overall, Alert Bay Airport is a vital transportation link for the region, and its terminal building plays a key role in ensuring that passengers have a positive travel experience.
- Pacific Coastal Airlines offers regular flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
- Central Mountain Air provides flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
- Kootenay Air Service provides flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
- West Coast Air provides flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
- Island Express Air provides flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
- KD Air provides flights to and from Vancouver, BC.
Alert Bay Airport is a small airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
Firstly, all passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding the aircraft. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on items and a scan of checked baggage. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes and any metal items before passing through the metal detector.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has a security perimeter fence and security cameras to monitor the area. Access to the airport is restricted to authorized personnel only, and all visitors must check in at the airport office before entering the premises.
Finally, the airport has a security plan in place in case of emergencies or security threats. This plan includes procedures for evacuating the airport, contacting emergency services, and communicating with passengers and staff.
Overall, Alert Bay Airport takes security seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of all those who use the facility. Passengers can feel confident that their safety is a top priority at this airport.
Alert Bay Airport is a small airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the key traveler’s assistance services offered at Alert Bay Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair at the airport and be accompanied by a trained staff member who will assist them throughout the check-in and boarding process.
Another important service offered at Alert Bay Airport is baggage assistance. Passengers who require assistance with their luggage can request help from airport staff who will assist them with loading and unloading their bags onto the aircraft.
In addition to these services, Alert Bay Airport also offers a range of amenities for passengers, including a comfortable waiting area, free Wi-Fi, and vending machines for snacks and drinks. Overall, Alert Bay Airport’s traveler’s assistance services and amenities make it a convenient and comfortable option for travelers visiting Cormorant Island.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Alert Bay Airport Cafe: Enjoy a delicious meal at this cozy cafe, which serves up a variety of hot and cold dishes.
2. Alert Bay Airport Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs, snacks, and other items to take home with you.
3. Alert Bay Airport Bar: Relax with a cold beer or cocktail before or after your flight.
4. Alert Bay Airport Bookstore: Browse a selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
5. Alert Bay Airport Duty Free: Take advantage of tax-free shopping on a variety of items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Alert Bay Airport, located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada, does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas within its premises.
However, visitors and passengers of Alert Bay Airport can find several places of worship in the nearby vicinity. The closest church is St. Michael’s Anglican Church, located just a few minutes’ walk from the airport. The church offers regular services and welcomes visitors of all faiths.
Another nearby place of worship is the Alert Bay United Church, located about a 10-minute walk from the airport. The church also offers regular services and welcomes visitors of all faiths.
In addition, visitors and passengers can also find several other churches and places of worship in the nearby town of Alert Bay, which is just a short ferry ride away from Cormorant Island.
Overall, while Alert Bay Airport does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas, visitors and passengers can easily find several places of worship in the nearby vicinity.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Alert Bay Airport is a small regional airport located on Cormorant Island, British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of amenities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Here are the WiFi and workspace facilities available at Alert Bay Airport:
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work on important tasks while waiting for your flight.
Workspace: Alert Bay Airport has a small seating area with tables and chairs where you can work or study. The area is well-lit and quiet, making it an ideal spot for those who need to concentrate. Additionally, there are power outlets available to charge your devices.
Overall, Alert Bay Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are basic but sufficient for most travelers’ needs. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your friends and family, the airport has got you covered.
- Vancouver International Airport – Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 3
- Vancouver International Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 3
- Victoria International Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 2
- Comox International Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 2
- Nanaimo Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 2
- Prince Rupert Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 2
- Alert Bay Airport – Aspire Airport Lounge: Located in Domestic and International Departures, Level 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Alert Bay Airport
1. Alert Bay Inn: Located just a short drive from Alert Bay Airport, the Alert Bay Inn offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers. The inn features a variety of room types, including single and double rooms, as well as family suites.
2. Alert Bay Lodge: This cozy lodge is situated close to the airport and offers a range of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi. Guests can choose from a variety of room types, including single, double, and family rooms.
3. Alert Bay Vacation Rentals: For those looking for a more private accommodation option, Alert Bay Vacation Rentals offers a selection of fully-furnished vacation homes. These rentals are located within walking distance of the airport and come with a variety of amenities, such as fully equipped kitchens and private patios.
4. Alert Bay Campground: For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, the Alert Bay Campground is a great choice. The campground offers a variety of camping sites, as well as basic amenities such as showers, toilets, and laundry facilities.
Alert Bay Airport is located on Cormorant Island, which is a small island in the northern part of British Columbia, Canada. The island is home to the Namgis First Nation, and it is a popular tourist destination due to its rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. Here are some of the attractions near Alert Bay Airport:
1. U’mista Cultural Centre: This museum is dedicated to preserving the cultural heritage of the Kwakwaka’wakw people. It features a collection of masks, carvings, and other artifacts that showcase the rich history and traditions of the First Nations.
2. Alert Bay Ecological Park: This park is a great place to explore the natural beauty of Cormorant Island. It features hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains and ocean.
3. Alert Bay Heritage House: This historic building was once a schoolhouse for the Namgis First Nation. Today, it serves as a museum and cultural center, showcasing the history and traditions of the local community.
4. Alert Bay Seaplane Base: If you’re looking for a unique way to explore the area, consider taking a seaplane tour from the Alert Bay Seaplane Base. You’ll get a bird’s-eye view of the island and the surrounding waters.
5. Whale Watching: The waters around Cormorant Island are home to a variety of marine life, including whales, dolphins, and seals. There are several companies that offer whale watching tours, giving you the chance to see these majestic creatures up close.
6. Fishing: Cormorant Island is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. You can fish for salmon, halibut, and other species in the surrounding waters, or take a guided fishing tour to learn more about the local fishing culture.
Overall, Alert Bay Airport is a gateway to a unique and fascinating destination. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or outdoor adventure, there’s something for everyone on Cormorant Island.
History of Alert Bay Airport
Alert Bay Airport is a small airport located on Cormorant Island in British Columbia, Canada. The airport was established in the early 1960s to serve the small community of Alert Bay and the surrounding area. The airport was built by the Canadian government to provide better access to the remote island community, which was previously only accessible by boat.
The airport was originally a gravel runway with a small terminal building. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and improvements. In the 1980s, the runway was paved, and the terminal building was expanded to accommodate more passengers. In 2012, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building, a new control tower, and upgrades to the runway and taxiways.
Today, Alert Bay Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the local community and visitors to the area. The airport is primarily used for general aviation, including private and charter flights, as well as air ambulance services. The airport is also used by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for search and rescue operations. Despite its small size, Alert Bay Airport plays an important role in connecting the remote island community to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport