Allama Iqbal International Airport is the second largest airport in Pakistan, located in Lahore. It serves as a hub for both domestic and international flights, connecting the city to various destinations around the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Other Airports in Punjab, Pakistan
How to Get to Allama Iqbal International Airport
Allama Iqbal International Airport is located in Lahore, Pakistan. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use a reputable taxi company or app-based service. The journey from the city center to the airport takes approximately 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic. It is important to allow enough time for potential traffic delays, especially during peak hours.
Alternatively, there are several bus routes that connect the city center to the airport. The Lahore Transport Company operates a dedicated airport shuttle service, which runs every 30 minutes from various locations in the city. The journey takes approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on the route and traffic.
If you are driving to the airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. It is recommended to check the airport website for up-to-date information on parking rates and availability.
Overall, getting to Allama Iqbal International Airport is relatively straightforward, with several transportation options available. It is important to plan ahead and allow enough time for potential traffic delays, especially during peak hours.
Allama Iqbal International Airport is the second busiest airport in Pakistan, serving the city of Lahore. The airport offers a range of transportation options for passengers to reach their destination in the city or beyond.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to reach your destination. The airport has a dedicated taxi stand where passengers can hire a taxi. The fares are fixed and displayed at the stand, so passengers can be assured of a fair price.
2. Ride-hailing services: Popular ride-hailing services like Uber and Careem are also available at the airport. Passengers can book a ride through their mobile app and the driver will pick them up from the airport.
3. Airport shuttle: The airport also offers a shuttle service that runs between the airport and various locations in the city. The shuttle is a cost-effective option for passengers traveling to popular destinations in the city.
4. Public transport: Public buses and minibusses are also available at the airport. These are the cheapest transportation options but may not be the most convenient for passengers with luggage.
5. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their counters at the airport. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit the needs and budget of every passenger.
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, Pakistan offers several car parking options for travelers. Here is a list of the car parking options available at the airport and where they are located:
1. Terminal Car Park: This car park is located right in front of the airport terminal building and is the most convenient option for travelers. It offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
2. Remote Car Park: This car park is located a short distance away from the airport terminal and is ideal for travelers who are looking for a more affordable parking option. A shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminal.
3. VIP Car Park: This car park is located near the airport terminal and is reserved for VIPs and business class passengers. It offers a premium parking experience with dedicated parking spaces and a valet service.
4. Disabled Parking: The airport offers designated parking spaces for disabled passengers near the terminal building. These spaces are located in the Terminal Car Park and are easily accessible.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers. Whether you are looking for a convenient parking option or an affordable one, the airport has got you covered.
Car Rental at Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Ace/E-Z Rent-A-Car
Allama Iqbal International Airport is the second busiest airport in Pakistan, located in Lahore. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the older terminal and is used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is the newer terminal and is used for international flights.
Terminal 2 is a modern and spacious terminal, with a capacity to handle up to 6 million passengers annually. It has 14 gates, 10 of which are equipped with jet bridges. The terminal has a variety of facilities for passengers, including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and lounges. There are also prayer rooms, currency exchange counters, and ATMs available for passengers.
Terminal 1, on the other hand, is a smaller terminal with a capacity to handle up to 2 million passengers annually. It has 5 gates, all of which are equipped with jet bridges. The terminal has basic facilities for passengers, including a few shops and restaurants. However, it lacks the modern amenities and facilities that are available in Terminal 2.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. Terminal 2, in particular, is a modern and well-equipped terminal that offers a range of facilities for passengers traveling internationally.
1. Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)
4. Saudi Arabian Airlines
6. Qatar Airways
7. Turkish Airlines
8. Oman Air
9. Gulf Air
10. Etihad Airways
11. Shaheen Air International
13. Air Arabia
14. Kuwait Airways
15. Thai Airways
16. China Southern Airlines
17. Mahan Air
18. Iran Air
19. Uzbekistan Airways
20. SriLankan Airlines
21. Malindo Air
23. Jazeera Airways
25. Air China
26. Biman Bangladesh Airlines
27. Kam Air
28. Ariana Afghan Airlines
29. Turkmenistan Airlines
30. Air Astana.
Allama Iqbal International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Pakistan, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure a safe and secure environment for all passengers.
The security protocols at Allama Iqbal International Airport include a range of measures such as baggage screening, passenger screening, and security checks. All baggage is thoroughly screened before it is allowed on board the aircraft. Passengers are also screened using metal detectors and body scanners to ensure that they are not carrying any prohibited items.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed. The airport also has a dedicated security control room that is equipped with the latest technology to monitor all areas of the airport.
Overall, the security protocols at Allama Iqbal International Airport are designed to provide passengers with a safe and secure environment. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, Pakistan offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available 24/7 to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have.
One of the key services offered by the airport is the Meet and Assist service, which is designed to help passengers navigate through the airport and complete all necessary formalities quickly and efficiently. This service includes assistance with check-in, immigration, security, and baggage handling, as well as escorting passengers to their departure gate.
In addition to the Meet and Assist service, the airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including wheelchair assistance, porter services, and baggage wrapping. There are also information desks located throughout the airport where passengers can get information on flight schedules, airport facilities, and other travel-related queries.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport is committed to providing a high level of customer service and ensuring that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. With its range of traveler’s assistance services, the airport is well-equipped to handle the needs of all types of travelers, whether they are first-time flyers or seasoned globetrotters.
Shops and Restaurants
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, Pakistan is a bustling hub of activity with a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here is a list of some of the shops and restaurants available at the airport:
1. Al-Fatah Departmental Store: This store offers a wide range of products including groceries, snacks, toiletries, and souvenirs.
2. Sialkot Sports: This shop specializes in sports equipment and accessories.
3. The Body Shop: This store offers a range of skincare and beauty products.
4. Crossword Bookstore: This bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers.
5. Tariq Bookstore: This bookstore specializes in Islamic books and literature.
6. The Gift Shop: This store offers a range of souvenirs and gifts.
1. McDonald’s: This fast-food chain offers burgers, fries, and other quick bites.
2. Pizza Hut: This restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, pastas, and sides.
3. KFC: This fast-food chain offers fried chicken, burgers, and sides.
4. Subway: This sandwich chain offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and sides.
5. Coffee Planet: This café offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
6. Cinnabon: This bakery offers a variety of sweet treats including cinnamon rolls and pastries.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers, whether they are looking for a quick bite or some last-minute shopping.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, Pakistan, has several prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. These areas are located in different parts of the airport terminal and are easily accessible.
1. Main Terminal Prayer Room: This prayer room is located on the ground floor of the main terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate a large number of worshippers.
2. Departure Lounge Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the departure lounge area of the main terminal building. It is open 24 hours a day and is accessible to passengers who have cleared security.
3. Domestic Terminal Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the domestic terminal building, near the check-in counters. It is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate a large number of worshippers.
4. International Departure Lounge Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the international departure lounge area of the main terminal building. It is open 24 hours a day and is accessible to passengers who have cleared security.
5. Hajj Terminal Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the Hajj terminal building, which is separate from the main terminal building. It is open during the Hajj season and can accommodate a large number of worshippers.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with facilities such as prayer mats, ablution areas, and Qurans. They are maintained regularly and kept clean and tidy for the convenience of worshippers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, Pakistan offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Among these facilities are WiFi and workspace options.
The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers and visitors. This service is available throughout the airport, including the departure and arrival lounges, as well as the food courts and waiting areas. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work remotely while waiting for your flight.
For those who need to work while at the airport, Allama Iqbal International Airport offers a range of workspace options. The airport has a business center located in the departure lounge, which provides a quiet and comfortable environment for business travelers. The business center is equipped with computers, printers, and other office equipment, making it easy for you to get your work done.
In addition to the business center, the airport also has several cafes and restaurants that offer comfortable seating and tables for those who need to work or study. These cafes and restaurants provide a relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or a meal while working on your laptop or reading a book.
Overall, Allama Iqbal International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that your travel experience is as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether you need to stay connected with your loved ones or work remotely, the airport has everything you need to make your time at the airport productive and enjoyable.
Allama Iqbal International Airport offers travelers a variety of lounges to choose from. Here are the lounges located at the airport:
- Bia Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
- Business Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
- VIP Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
- Air Blue Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
- PIA Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
- Royal Lounge – Terminal 2, Level 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Allama Iqbal International Airport
Allama Iqbal International Airport, located in Lahore, Pakistan, offers a range of accommodation options suitable for various budgets and preferences. Whether you are a budget traveler seeking affordable lodging or someone looking for indulgent luxury, the airport area has got you covered with a plethora of choices. Here are some accommodations near Allama Iqbal International Airport:
1. Budget Hotels:
– Hotel Gulberg: A modest hotel that offers clean rooms, basic amenities, and friendly service. Perfect for travelers seeking economical options.
– Hotel Venus: Another pocket-friendly hotel known for its comfortable rooms and convenient location near the airport.
– Hotel Al Raheem: A budget hotel offering affordable rates and decent rooms, making it a popular choice for travelers on a tight budget.
2. Mid-range Hotels:
– The Nishat Hotel: A contemporary hotel with stylish rooms, excellent hospitality, and a range of facilities including dining options, fitness centers, and more.
– Avari Hotel Lahore: A well-known name in the hospitality industry, this hotel delivers comfort, quality, and a variety of amenities such as swimming pools, recreation facilities, and multiple dining options.
– Hotel One: This mid-range hotel chain provides comfortable rooms, good service, and complimentary breakfast, perfect for a hassle-free stay.
3. Luxury Hotels:
– Pearl Continental Lahore: One of the finest luxury hotels in the city, offering plush rooms, top-notch amenities, multiple dining options, spa services, and a pool. It promises an opulent experience.
– Faletti’s Hotel: A historic luxury hotel with an elegant ambiance, grand interiors, exquisite rooms, and a range of amenities including on-site dining, fitness facilities, and a business center.
– The Residency Hotel: A luxurious boutique hotel with tastefully designed rooms, personalized services, and access to a fitness center, spa, and fine dining options.
Note: Please keep in mind that some of these accommodations might require a short commute from the airport, but they offer convenient access to Allama Iqbal International Airport and the nearby areas. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability and favorable rates.
1. Badshahi Mosque: Located just 3 kilometers from Allama Iqbal International Airport, Badshahi Mosque is one of Lahore’s most iconic landmarks. It is a masterpiece of Mughal architecture and boasts stunning marble inlay work.
2. Lahore Fort: Situated adjacent to Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort is an impressive UNESCO World Heritage Site. It offers a glimpse into the city’s rich history, with its magnificent palaces, stunning gardens, and historic structures like Sheesh Mahal.
3. Walled City of Lahore: Just a short drive away from the airport, the Walled City of Lahore is a treasure trove of culture. The historical streets, bustling bazaars, and beautiful Havelis (traditional mansions) are a delight to explore.
4. Minar-e-Pakistan: Located about 10 kilometers from the airport, Minar-e-Pakistan is a significant national monument. It marks the site where the Lahore Resolution for an independent Pakistan was passed in 1940 and offers panoramic views of the city.
5. Lahore Museum: Offering a fascinating insight into Pakistan’s history and heritage, Lahore Museum is a must-visit attraction. It houses a vast collection of artifacts, including Gandhara sculptures, Islamic calligraphy, and Mughal-era paintings.
6. Shalimar Gardens: Just 15 kilometers from the airport, Shalimar Gardens is a stunning example of Mughal garden design. Built in the 17th century, it features beautifully landscaped terraces, reflective pools, and an array of vibrant flowers.
7. Anarkali Bazaar: For those interested in shopping, Anarkali Bazaar is a bustling marketplace filled with traditional clothing, jewelry, handicrafts, and delicious street food. It is easily accessible from the airport, located around 6 kilometers away.
8. Lahore Food Street: Nestled in the heart of the city, the Lahore Food Street offers a culinary adventure that should not be missed. From savory kebabs and rich Mughlai cuisine to delectable desserts, this street is a food lover’s paradise.
9. Lahore Zoo: A family-friendly attraction, Lahore Zoo is located just a short distance from the airport. It is home to a diverse range of animals and offers an enjoyable day out amidst beautiful greenery.
10. Wagah Border: For a truly unique experience, witnessing the flag-lowering ceremony at the Wagah Border is a must. Located around 30 kilometers from the airport, this daily ceremony between India and Pakistan is a vibrant and patriotic event.
History of Allama Iqbal International Airport
Allama Iqbal International Airport is the second largest airport in Pakistan, located in Lahore, the capital city of Punjab province. The airport was named after the famous philosopher, poet, and politician Allama Muhammad Iqbal, who is considered one of the most influential figures in the history of Pakistan. The airport was inaugurated in 2003, replacing the old Lahore airport, which was unable to handle the increasing number of passengers and cargo.
The airport has undergone several expansions and renovations over the years to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region. In 2017, a new state-of-the-art terminal was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 20 million passengers annually. The terminal is equipped with modern facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, lounges, and prayer areas.
Allama Iqbal International Airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including Pakistan International Airlines, Airblue, and Serene Air. The airport offers domestic and international flights to various destinations, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Istanbul, London, and Toronto. The airport has played a significant role in promoting tourism and trade in the region, contributing to the economic growth of Pakistan.
Other Airports in Punjab, Pakistan
- Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Benazir Bhutto International Airport
- Dera Ghazi Khan Airport
- Faisalabad International Airport
- Islamabad International Airport
- Mangla Airport
- Mianwali Air Base
- Minhas Air Base
- Multan International Airport
- Mushaf Air Base
- Rafiqui Air Base
- Shaikh Zaid Airport
- Sialkot International Airport
- Walton Airport