Almaty International Airport is the largest airport in Kazakhstan and serves as the main hub for Air Astana, the national airline. Located in the city of Almaty, the airport handles both domestic and international flights, connecting Kazakhstan to destinations around the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Almaty International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Almaty International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Almaty International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Almaty International Airport
- Other Airports in Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
How to Get to Almaty International Airport
Almaty International Airport is the largest airport in Kazakhstan and serves as a major hub for both domestic and international flights. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use a reputable taxi company or app to ensure safety and avoid scams. The journey from the city center to the airport takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Alternatively, you can take a bus from various locations in the city to the airport. The bus service is affordable and reliable, with frequent departures throughout the day.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking. It is recommended to book your parking in advance to ensure availability and avoid any last-minute stress.
Overall, getting to Almaty International Airport is straightforward and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget.
Almaty International Airport is the largest airport in Kazakhstan and serves as a major hub for both domestic and international flights. If you are traveling to or from the airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient option for those who want to get to their destination quickly. The fare is usually negotiated with the driver before the journey begins.
2. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city by public buses. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and the fare is affordable. However, buses can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option.
3. Shuttle: Many hotels and travel agencies offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for those who want to avoid the hassle of finding transportation on their own.
4. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, and renting a car is a good option for those who want to explore the city on their own. However, driving in Almaty can be challenging, especially for those who are not familiar with the area.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport, and they offer a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination. The fare is usually higher than other options, but the convenience and comfort are worth it.
In conclusion, Almaty International Airport offers several transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Whether you prefer a taxi, bus, shuttle, car rental, or private transfer, you can easily find a way to get to your destination.
Almaty International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is reserved for VIP passengers. The rates for VIP parking are charged hourly.
4. Disabled parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is reserved for passengers with disabilities. The rates for disabled parking are charged hourly.
5. Express parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for express parking are charged hourly.
All parking areas at Almaty International Airport are secure and monitored 24/7. Passengers and visitors can pay for parking using cash or credit card at the parking kiosks located in each parking area.
Car Rental at Almaty International Airport
Almaty International Airport is the largest airport in Kazakhstan and serves as a major hub for both domestic and international flights. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are located approximately 2 kilometers apart.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and primarily serves domestic flights. It has a capacity of 1.5 million passengers per year and features a range of amenities, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers.
Terminal 2, which opened in 2004, is the newer and larger of the two terminals. It serves both domestic and international flights and has a capacity of 6 million passengers per year. The terminal features a modern design and a range of amenities, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and currency exchange services. It also has a VIP lounge, as well as a business center and conference rooms for business travelers.
Both terminals are well-equipped to handle the needs of passengers with disabilities, with wheelchair-accessible facilities and assistance available upon request. Additionally, the airport offers a range of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, to help passengers get to and from the airport. Overall, Almaty International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
1. Air Astana
2. SCAT Airlines
3. Turkish Airlines
6. S7 Airlines
7. Uzbekistan Airways
9. China Southern Airlines
10. Korean Air
11. Air Arabia
12. Pegasus Airlines
13. Ukraine International Airlines
15. Qatar Airways
16. Etihad Airways
18. Air China
19. Asiana Airlines
Almaty International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Central Asia, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
The airport’s security measures begin before passengers even enter the terminal building. All vehicles entering the airport grounds are thoroughly checked by security personnel, and passengers must pass through a security checkpoint before entering the terminal.
Once inside the terminal, passengers must go through a series of security checks, including metal detectors and X-ray machines for carry-on luggage. Liquids and gels are also subject to strict restrictions, and passengers are only allowed to bring small amounts of these items in their carry-on bags.
In addition to these measures, the airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and its surroundings for any suspicious activity. The airport also has a dedicated emergency response team that is ready to respond to any security threats or incidents.
Overall, Almaty International Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in the region.
Almaty International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Central Asia, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of passengers with disabilities, families with young children, and those who require special assistance.
One of the most important traveler’s assistance services offered by Almaty International Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a team of trained staff who can provide wheelchair assistance to passengers who require it. Passengers can request this service at the time of booking their flight or upon arrival at the airport. The airport also has special facilities for passengers with disabilities, including accessible restrooms and elevators.
For families with young children, the airport offers a range of services to make their travel experience more comfortable. These services include baby changing facilities, strollers, and children’s play areas. The airport also has a dedicated family lane at security checkpoints, which allows families to go through security checks at their own pace.
In addition to these services, Almaty International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage assistance, lost and found services, and medical assistance. The airport has a medical center staffed by trained medical professionals who can provide emergency medical assistance to passengers who require it. Overall, Almaty International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Almaty International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-Free Shop – offers a wide range of products including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, and confectionery.
2. Souvenir Shop – offers traditional Kazakh souvenirs such as hats, scarves, and handicrafts.
3. Bookstore – offers a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers in various languages.
4. Fashion and Accessories – offers a range of clothing, bags, and accessories from popular brands.
1. Starbucks – offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
2. Burger King – offers a range of burgers, fries, and drinks.
3. Sbarro – offers Italian cuisine such as pizza and pasta.
4. Cinnabon – offers a variety of sweet treats such as cinnamon rolls and coffee.
In addition to these options, there are also several cafes and bars available for passengers to grab a quick bite or drink before their flight. Overall, Almaty International Airport provides a diverse range of shops and restaurants to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience for its passengers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Almaty International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in different parts of the airport and are easily accessible to all travelers. Here are the details of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Almaty International Airport:
1. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the check-in counters. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with a Bible, prayer books, and seating arrangements.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The multi-faith prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the duty-free area. It is open 24 hours a day and is designed to accommodate people of all faiths. It is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and seating arrangements.
4. VIP Lounge Prayer Room: The VIP lounge at Almaty International Airport also has a prayer room for its guests. It is located within the lounge and is accessible only to VIP passengers.
All the prayer rooms and worship areas at Almaty International Airport are maintained regularly and are kept clean and hygienic. Passengers of all faiths are welcome to use these facilities and are encouraged to respect the religious sentiments of others while using them.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Almaty International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several options. There are comfortable seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, as well as designated workstations with desks and chairs. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and free WiFi, making it easy for passengers to stay connected and get work done.
Business Lounge: For passengers who require a more private and exclusive workspace, the airport has a business lounge. This lounge offers comfortable seating, free WiFi, power outlets, and a range of other amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages.
Overall, Almaty International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Almaty International Airport offers these lounges to travelers:
- Air Astana Lounge, located in Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
- Kazakhstan Airlines Lounge, located in Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
- SkyTeam Lounge, located in Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
- Plaza Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Almaty International Airport
Almaty International Airport, located in the vibrant city of Almaty, Kazakhstan, offers a range of accommodation options catering to travelers’ budgets and preferences. Whether you are seeking a budget-friendly option or a luxurious stay, the airport provides several choices to ensure a comfortable and convenient experience.
1. Transit Area Lounges:
If you have a short layover or want to freshen up, you can find several comfortable and affordable lounges within the transit area. These lounges typically offer recliners or sleeping pods, shower facilities, workstations, and complimentary Wi-Fi for a modest fee. Perfect for those on a budget or looking for a quick rest before continuing their journey.
2. Transit Hotels:
For travelers looking for a more extensive rest period during a layover, Almaty International Airport features transit hotels located within the airport premises. These hotels provide cozy rooms with comfortable beds, private bathrooms, and essential amenities. Some options even include complimentary access to fitness facilities, spa services, and a breakfast buffet.
3. Nearby Hotels:
If you prefer to step outside the airport and explore the city, Almaty offers a few nearby hotels, ranging from budget-friendly options to upscale establishments. These hotels are conveniently located within a short distance from the airport and offer shuttle services for added convenience. Guests can enjoy comfortable rooms, modern amenities, on-site restaurants, fitness centers, and often additional perks like spa facilities or swimming pools.
4. Luxury Hotels:
For those seeking the epitome of luxury and utmost comfort, Almaty International Airport is in close proximity to some of the city’s most prestigious hotels. These 5-star accommodations boast opulent rooms with stunning city views, elegant furnishings, and exceptional service. Guests can indulge in world-class amenities, including multiple dining options, lavish spas, fitness centers, swimming pools, and 24-hour concierge services.
Regardless of your accommodation choice at Almaty International Airport, you can rest assured that your stay will be tailored to suit your needs. From affordable resting options to extravagant luxury, the airport provides a wide range of accommodations to ensure a pleasant experience during your visit.
1. Big Almaty Lake: Located just 28 km southeast of Almaty, this stunning mountain lake is a popular attraction for nature lovers. Surrounded by majestic peaks of the Tian Shan Range, the lake offers breathtaking views and opportunities for hiking and picnicking.
2. Chimbulak Ski Resort: Situated in the Zailiyskiy Alatau mountain range, this world-class ski resort is a must-visit during the winter season. With a range of ski slopes catering to all skill levels, Chimbulak offers thrilling winter sports activities and a charming alpine atmosphere.
3. Medeo Ice Skating Rink: Known as the highest mountain ice rink in the world, Medeo is located just 15 km from the airport. It’s a popular destination for both locals and visitors, providing a unique experience of ice skating in a stunning natural setting.
4. Kok-Tobe Hill: Offering a panoramic view over Almaty, Kok-Tobe Hill is an excellent spot for sightseeing and relaxation. Visitors can take a cable car ride to the top and explore the park, which features restaurants, souvenir shops, and an amusement park.
5. Zenkov Cathedral: Also known as Ascension Cathedral, this iconic Russian Orthodox cathedral in the heart of Almaty is a testament to the city’s rich history. The beautifully constructed wooden structure is one of the few remaining wooden buildings of its kind in the world.
6. Almaty Central Park: Located near the city center, this expansive park offers a peaceful retreat from the urban bustle. Visitors can stroll along tree-lined pathways, enjoy rides in the Ferris wheel, or relax by the tranquil pond.
7. Shymbulak Mountain Resort: Just a short drive from the airport, this ski resort provides a wide range of winter activities. With multiple slopes and modern facilities, it caters to both beginners and seasoned skiers, offering a thrilling experience in the stunning mountains.
8. First President’s Park: A true oasis in the heart of the city, this park is dedicated to Kazakhstan’s first president and features lush greenery, beautiful flowers, and a serene atmosphere. The park is also home to a variety of monuments, sculptures, and memorials.
9. Almaty Central Mosque: The largest mosque in Kazakhstan and one of the most stunning in Central Asia, this architectural masterpiece showcases intricate Islamic design and a magnificent blue dome. It is a significant place of worship and a symbol of the country’s cultural heritage.
10. Tau Spa & Wellness: Situated near the airport, this luxurious spa and wellness center provides a haven of relaxation and rejuvenation. Offering a wide range of treatments, including massages and traditional rituals, it’s the perfect place to unwind after a long flight or explore local spa traditions.
History of Almaty International Airport
Almaty International Airport is the largest airport in Kazakhstan and is located in the city of Almaty. The airport was first opened in 1935 and was initially used for military purposes. In 1954, the airport was opened for civilian use and became the main airport for the city of Almaty.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1993, a new terminal was built to replace the old one, which was no longer able to handle the increasing number of passengers. The new terminal was designed to handle up to 1,000 passengers per hour and was equipped with modern facilities.
In 2017, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the expansion of the existing runway. The new terminal building is designed to handle up to 6 million passengers per year and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Today, Almaty International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Central Asia, serving millions of passengers each year. The airport is a hub for several airlines, including Air Astana, SCAT Airlines, and Bek Air, and offers flights to destinations all over the world. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Almaty International Airport is an important gateway to Kazakhstan and the rest of Central Asia.
Other Airports in Almaty Region, Kazakhstan