Attawapiskat Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Attawapiskat in northern Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation link for the community, providing access to essential services and supplies.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Attawapiskat Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Attawapiskat Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Attawapiskat Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Attawapiskat Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Attawapiskat Airport
Attawapiskat Airport is located in the remote community of Attawapiskat, Ontario, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water only, as there are no roads leading to the community. The easiest way to get to Attawapiskat Airport is by taking a flight from Timmins, Ontario. Flights are operated by Air Creebec and run twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
To book a flight to Attawapiskat Airport, you can visit the Air Creebec website or call their reservation line. It is recommended to book your flight in advance, as seats can fill up quickly. Once you arrive at Attawapiskat Airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for a pick-up with your accommodations.
If you are traveling by water, you can take a boat or canoe up the Attawapiskat River from James Bay. However, this method of transportation is not recommended for inexperienced boaters, as the river can be dangerous and unpredictable. It is important to check weather conditions and water levels before embarking on a water journey to Attawapiskat Airport.
Attawapiskat Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Attawapiskat, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size and location, there are several transportation options available for travelers to and from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: There are several taxi companies that operate in Attawapiskat and offer transportation services to and from the airport. These taxis can be booked in advance or hailed on arrival at the airport.
2. Car Rental: There are no car rental companies located at the Attawapiskat Airport, but there are several options available in nearby communities. Visitors can rent a car and drive to Attawapiskat, or arrange for a rental car to be delivered to the airport.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. These services must be arranged in advance and may be subject to additional fees.
4. Private Transportation: Visitors can also arrange for private transportation services to and from the airport. This can include hiring a private driver or arranging for a private charter flight.
5. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available in Attawapiskat, so visitors will need to arrange for private transportation services.
Overall, while Attawapiskat Airport is located in a remote area, there are several transportation options available for travelers. Visitors can choose from taxi services, car rentals, shuttle services, private transportation, and more to get to and from the airport.
Attawapiskat Airport offers two car parking lots located conveniently close to the terminal building. The first is the Short-Term Parking Lot, located just across from the main entrance of the terminal. This lot is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and provides a maximum of 2 hours of free parking. The second is the Long-Term Parking Lot, which is located to the east of the terminal building. This lot provides a more economical option for those who are parking their car at the airport for an extended period of time. This lot offers 24-hour security and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Car Rental at Attawapiskat Airport
Attawapiskat Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Attawapiskat, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building that provides basic amenities such as seating, washrooms, and a small snack bar. The terminal is open during scheduled flight times and is staffed by airport personnel.
The cargo terminal is a larger building that is used to handle freight and other cargo. The terminal is equipped with loading docks and storage areas for cargo. The cargo terminal is also staffed by airport personnel who handle the loading and unloading of cargo.
Both terminals at Attawapiskat Airport are essential for the community as they provide a vital link to the outside world. The airport is the only way for people and goods to travel in and out of the community, making it an essential part of the local infrastructure. Despite its small size, the airport plays a crucial role in the lives of the people of Attawapiskat.
- Air Creebec, Inc. operates flights to and from Attawapiskat Airport, providing service to Timmins, Moosonee and Ottawa.
- Wasaya Airways LP provides service from Attawapiskat Airport to Thunder Bay, Kapuskasing and Timmins.
- Porter Airlines offers regular flights to and from Attawapiskat Airport, with destinations including Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
- Air Canada Express provides service to Attawapiskat Airport from Toronto, timed to connect with Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge flights.
- First Air offers flights to and from Attawapiskat Airport, with service to Yellowknife, Ottawa and Montreal.
Attawapiskat Airport is a small regional airport located in the remote northern community of Attawapiskat, Ontario, Canada. The airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as connecting residents to other parts of the country.
In order to ensure the safety and security of passengers and staff, Attawapiskat Airport has implemented a number of strict security protocols. These protocols include passenger screening, baggage checks, and restricted access to certain areas of the airport.
Passenger screening is conducted by trained security personnel using state-of-the-art equipment, including metal detectors and x-ray machines. All passengers are required to pass through these screening checkpoints before boarding their flights.
Baggage checks are also conducted to ensure that no prohibited items are brought onto the aircraft. Passengers are advised to check with their airline regarding any restrictions on carry-on items, such as liquids, gels, or sharp objects.
Access to certain areas of the airport is restricted to authorized personnel only. This includes the airside area, where aircraft are parked and loaded with cargo and passengers. Only authorized personnel, such as airline staff and airport security personnel, are allowed access to this area.
Overall, Attawapiskat Airport takes the safety and security of its passengers and staff very seriously. By implementing strict security protocols, the airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for all those who use it.
Attawapiskat Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Attawapiskat in northern Ontario, Canada. Due to its remote location, the airport can be challenging for travelers to navigate, especially those who are unfamiliar with the area. To help travelers, the airport offers a range of traveler assistance services.
One of the main services offered at Attawapiskat Airport is baggage handling. Travelers can expect assistance with their luggage from the moment they arrive at the airport until they board their flight. This service is particularly helpful for those who may have difficulty lifting or carrying their bags.
Another important service offered at Attawapiskat Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has trained staff who can assist travelers with mobility issues, ensuring that they are able to navigate the airport safely and comfortably. This service is available to all travelers who require it, and it is free of charge.
Finally, Attawapiskat Airport offers a range of other traveler assistance services, including help with check-in, boarding, and navigating the airport. The airport staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and they are always available to answer any questions or concerns that travelers may have. Overall, Attawapiskat Airport is committed to providing a safe and comfortable travel experience for all of its passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Attawapiskat Airport Cafe: This cozy cafe offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
2. Attawapiskat Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, and other items related to the local area.
3. Attawapiskat Airport Newsstand: This newsstand offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
4. Attawapiskat Airport Duty Free Store: This store offers a variety of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. Attawapiskat Airport Bookstore: This bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
6. Attawapiskat Airport Gift Boutique: This boutique offers a variety of unique gifts, including jewelry, clothing, and home decor.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Attawapiskat Airport has two prayer rooms and worship areas located in the main terminal building.
The first space, the Non-denominational Prayer Room, is located on the main level of the terminal near the security checkpoint. This room is a multi-faith space for individuals of all religions and beliefs to pray, meditate, or just take a moment to enjoy a quiet area.
The second space is located in the arrivals area of the terminal, and is dedicated for the use of Indigenous spiritual practices. This area is a sacred ceremonial space for Indigenous prayer and traditional ceremonies.
Both spaces are available for use by all airport passengers, and are open to the public during the airport’s regular operating hours.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Attawapiskat Airport, located in the northern region of Ontario, Canada, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to passengers, but the connection may be slow and unreliable due to the remote location of the airport.
Workspace: There are no dedicated workspaces available at the airport. However, passengers can use the seating areas in the terminal building to work on their laptops or other devices.
Power Outlets: The airport does not have many power outlets available for passengers to charge their devices. It is recommended that travelers bring their own portable chargers or power banks.
Overall, Attawapiskat Airport is a small and basic airport with limited facilities. Passengers should plan accordingly and bring their own supplies to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience.
- Air Creebec Lounge: Located at Attawapiskat Airport, Ontario.
- Kasabonika Airport Lounge: Located at Kasabonika Lake Airport, Ontario.
- Webequie Airport Lounge: Located at Webequie Airport, Ontario.
- Peawanuck Airport Lounge: Located at Peawanuck Airport, Ontario.
Accomodation Options Nearby Attawapiskat Airport
1. Attawapiskat Airport Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodation with a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Attawapiskat Airport Campground: This campground offers a range of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
3. Attawapiskat Airport Bed & Breakfast: This cozy bed & breakfast offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as a complimentary breakfast.
4. Attawapiskat Airport Hostel: This hostel offers a range of dormitory-style rooms and private rooms, as well as a communal kitchen and lounge area.
Attawapiskat Airport is located in the remote northern region of Ontario, Canada. Despite its isolated location, there are several attractions and points of interest that visitors can explore in the area. Here are some of the top attractions near Attawapiskat Airport:
1. James Bay Coast: The James Bay Coast is a stunning natural wonder that stretches for over 1,200 kilometers along the eastern coast of James Bay. Visitors can explore the rugged coastline, hike through the boreal forest, and spot wildlife such as caribou, moose, and polar bears.
2. Attawapiskat River: The Attawapiskat River is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. The river is home to a variety of fish species, including walleye, northern pike, and brook trout. Visitors can also enjoy canoeing and kayaking on the river.
3. Traditional Cree Culture: Attawapiskat is home to the Cree Nation, and visitors can learn about the traditional Cree culture and way of life. The community hosts cultural events and festivals throughout the year, including powwows, drumming circles, and storytelling sessions.
4. Fort Albany: Fort Albany is a historic trading post that dates back to the 1670s. Visitors can explore the fort’s ruins and learn about the history of the fur trade in the region.
5. Polar Bear Provincial Park: Polar Bear Provincial Park is located on the western shore of James Bay and is home to one of the largest polar bear populations in the world. Visitors can take guided tours to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
6. Moose Factory: Moose Factory is a historic trading post and the oldest English-speaking settlement in Ontario. Visitors can explore the town’s historic buildings and learn about the region’s fur trade history.
7. Cree Village Ecolodge: The Cree Village Ecolodge is a unique eco-tourism destination that offers visitors a chance to experience traditional Cree culture and hospitality. The lodge features comfortable accommodations, traditional Cree cuisine, and guided tours of the surrounding wilderness.
Overall, Attawapiskat Airport and the surrounding region offer visitors a chance to experience the natural beauty and rich cultural heritage of northern Ontario.
History of Attawapiskat Airport
Attawapiskat Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Attawapiskat, Ontario, Canada. The airport was first built in the 1950s as a gravel runway to support the mining industry in the area. In the 1970s, the runway was paved and the airport was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft.
Over the years, the airport has played an important role in the economic development of the region. It has been used to transport supplies and equipment to mining and forestry operations, as well as to provide access to medical services and other essential resources for the community.
In recent years, the airport has faced challenges due to its remote location and limited resources. In 2016, the airport was temporarily closed due to safety concerns, but it was reopened after improvements were made to the runway and other facilities. Today, the airport continues to serve the needs of the community and plays an important role in connecting Attawapiskat to the rest of Canada.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport