Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. It serves the Inuit community of Aupaluk and provides essential air transportation services for the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Aupaluk Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Aupaluk Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Aupaluk Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Aupaluk Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Aupaluk Airport
Aupaluk Airport is located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water transportation. The most common way to get to Aupaluk Airport is by taking a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq. There are daily flights available from both cities to Aupaluk Airport. The flight duration from Montreal is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, while the flight duration from Kuujjuaq is approximately 1 hour.
If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a boat from Kuujjuaq to Aupaluk. The boat ride takes approximately 8 hours, and it is only available during the summer months when the water is not frozen. It is important to note that the boat ride can be rough, and it is not recommended for those who are prone to seasickness.
Once you arrive at Aupaluk Airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to your final destination. There are no public transportation options available in Aupaluk, so it is recommended that you arrange for transportation in advance. It is also important to note that the airport is located in a remote area, and there are limited services available. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring all necessary supplies with you, including food, water, and warm clothing.
Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, there are a few transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the transportation options available at Aupaluk Airport:
1. Car Rental: There are several car rental companies located near the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding area at their own pace.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport for travelers who prefer a more convenient and hassle-free mode of transportation. The fare for a taxi ride from the airport to the town center is reasonable and takes about 10 minutes.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked accommodation in advance.
4. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available at Aupaluk Airport. However, travelers can take a taxi to the nearest bus station or train station to continue their journey.
5. Walking: Aupaluk Airport is located in a remote area, and there are no sidewalks or pedestrian paths leading to the town center. Walking is not recommended, especially during the winter months when the weather can be harsh and unpredictable.
In conclusion, Aupaluk Airport offers a few transportation options for travelers, including car rental, taxi, shuttle service, and public transportation. It is recommended that travelers plan their transportation in advance to avoid any inconvenience or delays.
Aupaluk Airport offers car parking facilities for passengers who need to park their vehicles while traveling. The airport has two parking areas located near the terminal building.
The first parking area is located in front of the terminal building and is reserved for short-term parking. This parking area is ideal for passengers who are dropping off or picking up someone at the airport. The short-term parking area is free for the first 30 minutes, after which a fee is charged for each additional hour.
The second parking area is located behind the terminal building and is reserved for long-term parking. This parking area is ideal for passengers who are traveling for an extended period and need to leave their vehicles at the airport. The long-term parking area is charged at a daily rate, and passengers can pay for their parking at the airport’s payment kiosk.
Both parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of passengers’ vehicles. Passengers are advised to park their vehicles in the designated parking areas and to lock their vehicles before leaving them unattended.
Car Rental at Aupaluk Airport
- Aéroport de Aupaluk Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent a Car
- Avis Rent a Car
- National Car Rental
Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is a small, modern building that offers basic amenities for passengers.
The terminal building at Aupaluk Airport has a waiting area with seating for passengers, as well as a small café that serves snacks and drinks. There are also restrooms available for passengers to use before or after their flights. The terminal is equipped with basic facilities to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers.
Despite its small size, Aupaluk Airport is an important transportation hub for the region. The airport serves as a gateway to the remote communities of Nunavik, providing essential air transportation services to residents and visitors alike. The terminal building at Aupaluk Airport is a vital part of this transportation network, providing a comfortable and convenient space for passengers to wait for their flights.
- Aupaluk Airport (YPJ) is served by Air Inuit, offering flights to Montreal, Kuujjuaq, and Puvirnituq.
- Air Creebec also offers flights to Kuujjuaq, Montreal, and Puvirnituq.
- First Air offers flights to Puvirnituq, Kuujjuaq, and Montreal.
Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes security very seriously. All passengers and their belongings are thoroughly screened before boarding their flights. This includes a baggage screening process, as well as a personal screening process for each passenger.
In addition to the standard security measures, Aupaluk Airport also has a number of unique protocols in place to ensure the safety of its passengers. For example, the airport has a strict policy regarding the transportation of dangerous goods. Any items that are deemed hazardous or potentially dangerous are not allowed on board the aircraft.
The airport also has a number of security personnel on site at all times, including trained security guards and airport staff. These individuals are responsible for monitoring the airport and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed. Overall, Aupaluk Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of its passengers.
Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the main services offered at Aupaluk Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair at the airport and trained staff will be on hand to assist them throughout their journey. Additionally, the airport has accessible washrooms and ramps to ensure that passengers with disabilities can easily navigate the airport.
Another service offered at Aupaluk Airport is baggage assistance. Passengers can request assistance with their luggage, whether it is checking it in or retrieving it from the baggage carousel. This service is particularly useful for elderly passengers or those with physical limitations.
Finally, Aupaluk Airport offers translation services for passengers who do not speak English or French. The airport has staff members who are fluent in Inuktitut, the language spoken by the local Inuit population. This service ensures that all passengers can communicate effectively with airport staff and receive the assistance they need.
Overall, Aupaluk Airport’s traveler’s assistance services demonstrate the airport’s commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Aupaluk Airport Café: Offering a wide selection of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks and sandwiches.
2. Aupaluk Airport Gift Shop: A great place to find souvenirs and gifts for friends and family.
3. Aupaluk Airport Duty Free: Offering a wide selection of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
4. Aupaluk Airport Restaurant: Serving up a variety of delicious local dishes and international cuisine.
5. Aupaluk Airport Bar: Enjoy a refreshing drink and some light snacks in a relaxed atmosphere.
6. Aupaluk Airport Bookstore: Offering a wide selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
7. Aupaluk Airport Newsstand: Pick up the latest newspapers and magazines from around the world.
8. Aupaluk Airport Pharmacy: Offering a wide selection of over-the-counter medications and other health-related items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
1. Aupaluk Airport Prayer Room – Located in the main terminal, this dedicated prayer room includes a quiet space for prayer and contemplation, as well as a selection of religious texts for those who wish to study or reflect.
2. Aupaluk Airport Worship Area – Located in the main terminal, this versatile area can be used for a variety of religious services and activities. Visitors will find comfortable seating and access to audio equipment, as well as a variety of religious texts and other resources.
3. Aupaluk Airport Mosque – Located in the main terminal, this purpose-built mosque provides a peaceful environment for Muslim visitors to pray and engage with religious texts. The mosque also features a Quranic library and a separate area for women to pray in.
4. Aupaluk Airport Chapel – Located in the main terminal, this small chapel is a quiet place for visitors of all faiths to pray and reflect. The chapel is equipped with a variety of religious texts and other resources, as well as comfortable seating and audio equipment.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Aupaluk Airport, located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
The airport provides free WiFi access for passengers, allowing them to stay connected and browse the internet while waiting for their flights. However, due to the remote location of the airport, the WiFi signal may not be strong and may experience intermittent connectivity issues.
In terms of workspace facilities, Aupaluk Airport offers a small seating area with a few chairs and tables for passengers to use. While not specifically designed as a workspace, this area can be used for travelers who need to work on their laptops or other devices.
Overall, Aupaluk Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are basic but sufficient for the needs of most travelers passing through this remote airport.
- Lounge Boreal – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Quebec, Canada.
- Sala VIP Internacional – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Mexico.
- The Lounge – Located in Aupaluk Airport, France.
- The Hub – Located in Aupaluk Airport, United Kingdom.
- The Club – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Germany.
- The Room – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Italy.
- The Haven – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Spain.
- The Nest – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Portugal.
- The Garden – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Denmark.
- The Retreat – Located in Aupaluk Airport, Sweden.
Accomodation Options Nearby Aupaluk Airport
1. Aupaluk Airport Hotel: Located just a few steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, and a restaurant.
2. Aupaluk Airport Campground: This campground is located just outside the airport and offers basic camping facilities, including fire pits and picnic tables.
3. Aupaluk Airport Hostel: This hostel is located within walking distance of the airport and offers basic dormitory-style accommodation.
4. Aupaluk Airport Cabins: These cabins are located just outside the airport and offer basic amenities, including a kitchenette and private bathroom.
5. Aupaluk Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located within walking distance of the airport and offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a complimentary breakfast.
Aupaluk Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada, and is surrounded by beautiful natural attractions that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near Aupaluk Airport:
1. Pingualuit National Park: This park is home to the Pingualuit Crater, a stunning meteorite impact crater that is over 1.4 million years old. Visitors can hike around the crater and take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
2. Salluit: This Inuit community is located just a short distance from Aupaluk Airport and is a great place to learn about Inuit culture and traditions. Visitors can take part in traditional activities like dog sledding, fishing, and hunting.
3. Hudson Bay: The Hudson Bay is a vast body of water that is home to a variety of marine life, including beluga whales, narwhals, and seals. Visitors can take a boat tour to see these animals up close and learn about their habitat.
4. Mount Caubvick: This mountain is the highest peak in eastern Canada and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Visitors can hike to the summit and take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
5. Kuururjuaq National Park: This park is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in Canada, including glaciers, fjords, and mountains. Visitors can hike through the park and take in the stunning views of the surrounding wilderness.
Overall, Aupaluk Airport is surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural attractions in Canada, making it a great destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
History of Aupaluk Airport
Aupaluk Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. The airport was built in the 1970s to serve the Inuit community of Aupaluk, which is located on the eastern shore of Ungava Bay. The airport was originally built as a gravel runway, but it was later paved to improve safety and accessibility.
Over the years, Aupaluk Airport has played an important role in connecting the Inuit community of Aupaluk to the rest of Quebec and Canada. The airport is primarily used for passenger flights, with Air Inuit providing regular service to destinations such as Kuujjuaq, Montreal, and Quebec City.
Despite its small size, Aupaluk Airport has undergone several upgrades and improvements over the years. In 2015, the airport received a new terminal building, which features modern amenities such as a waiting area, washrooms, and a small restaurant. The airport also has a small parking lot and a helipad for emergency medical evacuations.
Overall, Aupaluk Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in connecting the Inuit community of Aupaluk to the rest of Quebec and Canada. Despite its remote location, the airport is an important lifeline for the community, providing access to essential services and connecting residents to the wider world.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport