Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is a major airport serving the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. It is located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland and is the largest airport in the state. The airport serves as a hub for several major airlines and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Other Airports in Maryland, United States
How to Get to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Baltimore and 30 miles northeast of Washington, D.C. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. These services are available 24/7 and can be hailed from anywhere in the city. The cost of a taxi or ride-sharing service will vary depending on your location and the time of day.
Another option is to take public transportation. The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) operates a bus service that connects the airport to downtown Baltimore and other nearby areas. The MTA also operates a light rail service that connects the airport to downtown Baltimore and other nearby areas.
If you are driving to the airport, there are several parking options available. The airport offers both short-term and long-term parking options, as well as a cell phone lot for those waiting to pick up passengers. The cost of parking will vary depending on the length of your stay and the type of parking you choose.
Overall, there are several transportation options available to get to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. Whether you choose to take a taxi, ride-sharing service, public transportation, or drive yourself, it is important to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to get to the airport.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available 24/7 outside the baggage claim area of each terminal. The fare to downtown Baltimore is approximately $35, and to Washington, D.C. is approximately $90.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are available at the airport. Passengers can request a ride through the app and meet their driver at the designated pick-up area outside the baggage claim area.
3. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate at the airport, providing transportation to various destinations in the Baltimore-Washington area. Some of the popular shuttle services include SuperShuttle, GO Airport Shuttle, and Airport Shuttle.
4. Public Transportation: The airport is served by the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) bus system, which provides service to downtown Baltimore and other destinations in the area. The MTA Light Rail also connects the airport to downtown Baltimore and other locations.
5. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Passengers can rent a car at the airport and drive to their destination.
No matter what your transportation needs are, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport has a variety of options to choose from. Passengers can choose the option that best suits their budget and travel plans.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and where they are located:
1. Hourly Garage: Located adjacent to the terminal, the Hourly Garage is perfect for short-term parking needs. Rates start at $4 per hour and go up to $22 per day.
2. Daily Garage: Also located adjacent to the terminal, the Daily Garage is ideal for longer stays. Rates start at $12 per day and go up to $22 per day.
3. Express Parking: Located just a short walk from the terminal, Express Parking is a convenient option for those who want to park their car and get to the terminal quickly. Rates start at $10 per day.
4. Long-Term Parking: Located off-site, Long-Term Parking is a budget-friendly option for travelers who need to park their car for an extended period of time. Rates start at $8 per day and a free shuttle service is available to take you to and from the terminal.
5. Valet Parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, Valet Parking is available at the terminal curb. Rates start at $30 per day.
No matter which parking option you choose, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport has you covered with safe and secure parking facilities.
Car Rental at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is a major airport located in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. The airport has five terminals, labeled A through E, which serve both domestic and international flights. Each terminal is equipped with a variety of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges.
Terminal A is primarily used by Southwest Airlines, and features a variety of dining options, including fast food and sit-down restaurants. Terminal B is home to several airlines, including American Airlines and Spirit Airlines, and offers a range of shopping and dining options. Terminal C is used by Delta Air Lines and features a variety of restaurants and shops, as well as a Delta Sky Club lounge.
Terminal D is primarily used by international airlines, including British Airways and Air Canada, and offers a range of amenities, including duty-free shopping and a variety of dining options. Finally, Terminal E is used by several airlines, including JetBlue and United Airlines, and features a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a United Club lounge.
Overall, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a range of amenities and services across its five terminals, making it a convenient and comfortable airport for travelers.
1. Air Canada
2. Alaska Airlines
3. American Airlines
4. Boutique Air
5. British Airways
7. Delta Air Lines
8. Frontier Airlines
9. JetBlue Airways
10. Southwest Airlines
11. Spirit Airlines
12. United Airlines
13. WOW air (seasonal)
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
One of the most visible security measures at BWI is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint. All passengers must pass through this checkpoint before boarding their flight. TSA agents use advanced imaging technology and other screening methods to detect prohibited items and potential threats. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets, and place all liquids and electronics in separate bins for screening.
In addition to the TSA checkpoint, BWI has a number of other security measures in place. The airport has a 24-hour security presence, including uniformed police officers and K-9 units. The airport also uses closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to monitor activity throughout the terminal and parking areas.
Overall, BWI is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all travelers. The airport works closely with federal and local law enforcement agencies to stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and to implement effective security measures. Passengers can help ensure a smooth and efficient security screening process by following all TSA guidelines and arriving at the airport with plenty of time before their flight.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport has a team of friendly and knowledgeable staff who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. The airport also provides a variety of amenities and facilities to make the travel experience more comfortable.
One of the key traveler’s assistance services offered at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is the information desk. The information desk is staffed by knowledgeable personnel who can provide passengers with information on flight schedules, gate locations, baggage claim, and other important details. The airport also offers a mobile app that provides real-time flight information, airport maps, and other useful features.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a range of services and facilities. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible restrooms, and designated parking spaces. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for passengers who have enrolled in the TSA PreCheck program, which allows for expedited security screening.
Overall, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is committed to providing a high level of traveler’s assistance to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. Whether you need help with directions, have a special request, or require assistance due to a disability, the airport’s staff and facilities are there to help.
Shops and Restaurants
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a wide variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the top options:
– America! – This store offers a range of souvenirs, gifts, and apparel that showcase American pride.
– Brooks Brothers – A high-end clothing store that offers classic and stylish apparel for men and women.
– Duty Free Americas – A duty-free store that offers a range of products including liquor, tobacco, and luxury goods.
– Hudson News – A convenience store that offers snacks, magazines, books, and travel essentials.
– Swarovski – A jewelry store that offers a range of crystal accessories and gifts.
– Chick-fil-A – A popular fast-food chain that offers chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and salads.
– DuClaw Brewing Company – A local brewery that offers a range of craft beers and pub-style food.
– Obrycki’s – A seafood restaurant that offers Maryland-style crab cakes, shrimp, and other seafood dishes.
– Peet’s Coffee – A coffee shop that offers a range of coffee, tea, and baked goods.
– Silver Diner – A diner-style restaurant that offers a range of classic American dishes including burgers, sandwiches, and milkshakes.
Overall, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to pray, meditate, or reflect.
1. Multi-Faith Chapel: Located on the lower level of Concourse D, the Multi-Faith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the lower level of Concourse B and is open 24/7. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass for prayer direction.
3. Christian Prayer Room: The Christian Prayer Room is located on the lower level of Concourse C and is open 24/7. The room features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a cross.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the lower level of Concourse B and is open 24/7. The room is equipped with prayer books, a Torah, and a menorah.
5. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the upper level of Concourse D and is open 24/7. The room features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, soft lighting, and a calming waterfall.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to people of all faiths. They provide a quiet and peaceful space for individuals to practice their religion or simply take a moment to reflect.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
For those who need to get work done, the airport offers a number of workspace facilities. There are several business centers located throughout the terminal, which provide private workstations, printing and copying services, and other amenities to help travelers stay productive.
In addition, the airport has a number of lounges that offer comfortable seating, charging stations, and other amenities to help travelers relax and work in a quiet environment. These lounges are available to passengers who have access through their airline or credit card membership.
Overall, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected with loved ones, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport features several lounges for travelers to relax and enjoy before their flights. Here are the available lounges and their locations:
- Delta Sky Club – Concourse A
- USO Lounge – Concourse D
- The Club at BWI – Concourse C
- The Club at BWI – Concourse E
Accomodation Options Nearby Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
There are several accommodation options available at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, catering to various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for something affordable or a more luxurious stay, you’ll find suitable options nearby. Here are the accommodation options at BWI Airport:
1. Economy hotels:
– Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore – Washington DC/BWI Airport: A budget-friendly hotel offering comfortable rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, and free parking.
– Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport: Another reasonably priced hotel providing basic amenities, including free breakfast and shuttle service to the airport.
2. Mid-range hotels:
– Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport: This hotel offers modern and stylish rooms, an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, and a free airport shuttle.
– Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport: A contemporary hotel offering spacious rooms, on-site dining options, a fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle service.
3. Upscale hotels:
– The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI: A luxury hotel with elegant rooms, an outdoor pool, a well-equipped fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle service.
– Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel – BWI: A refined accommodation option featuring comfortable rooms, an indoor pool, a full-service restaurant, and a free shuttle to the airport.
4. Extended-stay options:
– Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport: Ideal for longer stays, this hotel provides apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens, a complimentary breakfast, and evening social events.
– TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport: Another excellent extended-stay choice, offering spacious suites with separate living areas, a fitness center, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
5. Airport hotels with park and fly options:
– Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport: This hotel provides parking facilities, making it convenient for travelers to leave their cars while flying out of BWI.
– SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport: A hotel offering secure parking and a complimentary shuttle to the airport, allowing easy access to both.
These accommodation options at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport ensure that visitors have a wide range of choices to suit their needs, whether it’s a quick layover or an extended stay.
1. National Aquarium: Located in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, the National Aquarium is a world-class facility that houses an impressive array of marine life. Visitors can explore exhibits showcasing diverse aquatic species, including sharks, dolphins, and tropical fish.
2. Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine: Situated on the Patapsco River, this historic site played a significant role during the War of 1812 and inspired Francis Scott Key to write “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Visitors can take guided tours, witness live demonstrations, and learn about the fort’s fascinating history.
3. Oriole Park at Camden Yards: Known for its retro-style architecture, this iconic baseball stadium is home to the Baltimore Orioles. Baseball enthusiasts can catch a game amidst the electric atmosphere, indulge in local ballpark snacks, and soak up the rich baseball heritage.
4. The Maryland Zoo: Nestled in Druid Hill Park, the Maryland Zoo is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts. Housing over 1,500 animals from all corners of the world, including elephants, giraffes, and penguins, the zoo offers interactive exhibits, educational programs, and even behind-the-scenes tours.
5. The United States Naval Academy: Located in Annapolis, just a short drive from the airport, this prestigious institution educates and trains future naval officers. Visitors can explore the beautiful campus, visit the Naval Academy Museum, and witness the precision of the Midshipmen’s drills.
6. The National Cryptologic Museum: Situated adjacent to the NSA headquarters, this unique museum is dedicated to the history of cryptology and the work of the intelligence community. Visitors can delve into the world of code-breaking, explore fascinating artifacts, and learn about vital contributions to national security.
7. George Washington’s Mount Vernon: Standing as a testimony to America’s founding father, this historic estate, located along the Potomac River, offers a glimpse into the life of George Washington. Visitors can tour the regal mansion, stroll through the lush gardens, and learn about Washington’s remarkable legacy.
8. National Air and Space Museum: Part of the Smithsonian Institution, the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. is a must-visit for aviation and space enthusiasts. The museum showcases captivating exhibits, including the Wright Brothers’ first airplane and the Apollo 11 command module.
9. Annapolis Historic District: Known as the sailing capital of the United States, Annapolis boasts a charming historic district. Visitors can wander through picturesque streets lined with colonial-era homes, browse unique boutiques, and enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many waterfront restaurants.
10. Six Flags America: For thrill-seekers and families alike, Six Flags America is an exhilarating destination. Hosting a variety of roller coasters, water rides, and live entertainment shows, the amusement park promises a day filled with excitement and adventure.
Whether you’re interested in history, nature, sports, or entertainment, the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport vicinity caters to a wide range of interests. From exploring iconic museums to enjoying vibrant cultural hubs, the region surrounding the airport offers an abundance of attractions to suit every taste.
History of Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, commonly known as BWI, is a major airport located in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. The airport was originally established in 1950 as Friendship International Airport, and was renamed in 2005 in honor of Thurgood Marshall, the first African American Supreme Court Justice and a native of Baltimore.
Over the years, BWI has undergone significant expansion and modernization to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region. In the 1970s, a new terminal was built to handle the increasing number of passengers, and in the 1990s, a second runway was added to improve efficiency and safety.
Today, BWI is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers each year with flights to destinations across the country and around the world. The airport is also a major hub for several airlines, including Southwest Airlines, which operates more than 70% of the flights at BWI. With its convenient location and modern facilities, BWI continues to play a vital role in the transportation infrastructure of the Baltimore-Washington region.
Other Airports in Maryland, United States
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Hagerstown Regional Richard A Henson Field
- Joint Base Andrews
- Martin State Airport
- Patuxent River Naval Air Station (Trapnell Field)
- Phillips Army Air Field
- Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport
- Tipton Airport