Located in the charming coastal town of Barwon Heads, Australia, the Barwon Heads Airport serves as a vital hub for aviation enthusiasts and recreational pilots alike. Offering a picturesque runway nestled amidst stunning natural surroundings, this regional airport provides convenient access to the mesmerizing beaches and scenic landscapes of the Bellarine Peninsula.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Barwon Heads Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Barwon Heads Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Barwon Heads Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Barwon Heads Airport
- Other Airports in Victoria, Australia
How to Get to Barwon Heads Airport
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Australia, can be easily accessed by following these directions. If you are coming from the city of Melbourne, drive southwest on the M1 freeway toward Geelong. Take the exit onto the A10 highway, following the signs for Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove. Continue on this road until you reach the roundabout at Barwon Heads town. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Bridge Road and follow it for approximately 4 kilometers. Then, turn right onto Barwon Heads Road and proceed for another 3 kilometers until you see the airport entrance on your left-hand side. Park your vehicle in the designated parking area and you have successfully arrived at Barwon Heads Airport.
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Barwon Heads, Australia, provides various transportation options for travelers to conveniently access and explore this beautiful region. Whether you are visiting for business purposes or leisure activities, here are some transportation options available to you:
1. Car Rental: A common and popular choice, car rental services are available at Barwon Heads Airport. Several reputable companies offer a wide selection of vehicles to suit your preferences and needs. Renting a car enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to explore the region at your own pace.
2. Taxis and Ridesharing Services: Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber and Ola are readily available outside the airport terminal. These services provide a convenient and reliable way to reach your destination without the hassle of driving and parking. Simply book a ride through the respective mobile applications, and a driver will pick you up from the airport.
3. Airport Shuttle Services: Some hotels and accommodations in the Barwon Heads area offer airport shuttle services. These shuttles provide a convenient and cost-effective means of transportation to and from the airport. It is advisable to inquire with your hotel beforehand to check if they provide this service and make necessary arrangements.
4. Public Transportation: If you prefer public transportation options, there are bus services that operate near Barwon Heads Airport. Local buses can take you to different parts of the region, allowing you to explore nearby towns and attractions. Timetables and routes are easily accessible, making it convenient to plan your journeys.
5. Private Transfers: For a more luxurious and hassle-free transportation experience, private transfer services are available. These services offer personalized pick-up and drop-off directly from the airport to your desired location. Engaging a private transfer ensures a comfortable and seamless transition, especially if you have a large group or excessive luggage.
Regardless of the transportation option you choose, Barwon Heads Airport provides easy access to the stunning coastal landscapes, charming townships, and popular attractions in the surrounding area. Consider your preferences, budget, and travel itinerary to select the most suitable transportation option for your needs.
There are several car parking options available at Barwon Heads Airport, conveniently situated in Australia.
1. Main Terminal Parking: Located within close proximity to the terminal building, this parking area offers easy access to the airport facilities. It is suitable for short and long-term stays, providing a hassle-free parking experience for all travelers.
2. Long-Stay Parking: Situated slightly further away from the main terminal, long-stay parking at Barwon Heads Airport offers cost-effective solutions for those planning an extended trip. This option provides ample space for various vehicle sizes and ensures the safety and security of parked cars.
3. Disabled Parking: To accommodate individuals with disabilities, designated parking spots are available near the terminal entrance. These spaces prioritize accessibility and convenience for passengers requiring special assistance, making their journey more comfortable.
4. Drop-Off/Pick-Up Zone: For those needing a quick drop-off or pick-up, a designated area is provided adjacent to the terminal building. This allows for efficient passenger transfers, minimizing any inconvenience or delays during arrival or departure.
5. Overflow Parking: During peak travel periods or when other parking areas are full, overflow parking spaces are made available at Barwon Heads Airport. Conveniently located nearby, these extra spots ensure that all passengers have access to safe and secure parking options.
These various car parking areas at Barwon Heads Airport cater to the diverse needs of travelers, whether they require short or long-term parking, disabled access, or quick drop-off pick-up options. Passengers can feel confident that their vehicles are secured while they enjoy their journey from this bustling airport in Australia.
Car Rental at Barwon Heads Airport
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Victoria, Australia, is a small regional airport that serves the local community and nearby areas. The airport boasts a single terminal building that is well-equipped to cater to the needs of travelers. Despite its size, the terminal provides a comfortable and efficient experience for passengers.
Upon arrival, passengers will find a well-organized terminal with clear signage and helpful staff readily available to assist with inquiries. The terminal features a dedicated check-in area that is hassle-free and ensures a smooth process for travelers. Security measures are also in place, ensuring the safety of all passengers through rigorous screenings.
Inside the terminal, passengers can find a range of facilities to meet their needs. From duty-free shops offering a variety of products to cafes and restaurants providing delicious meals and refreshments, the terminal offers a pleasant and convenient experience. Additionally, there are comfortable seating areas where passengers can relax before their flights.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport’s terminal is a compact yet functional facility that provides all the necessary amenities for a pleasant travel experience.
There is no commercial airport in Barwon Heads, Australia. The nearest major airport is Avalon Airport (AVV), which is approximately 40 kilometers away. The operating airlines at Avalon Airport include:
1. Jetstar Airways
2. AirAsia X
3. Alliance Airlines
4. Tigerair Australia (on hold due to COVID-19)
5. Regional Express Airlines (REX)
6. Qantas (limited services)
7. FlyPelican (limited services)
Please note that this list is subject to change, and it is always recommended to check with the respective airlines for updated information on operating flights from Avalon Airport.
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Australia, has stringent security protocols in place to ensure the safety and protection of its passengers, aircraft, and facilities. These measures comply with international aviation standards and are constantly reviewed and updated to effectively respond to evolving security threats.
Access to the airport premises is strictly regulated, with entry restricted to authorized personnel only. The airport employs a comprehensive identification system, requiring individuals to provide valid identification before gaining entry. This includes passengers, employees, and visitors alike. This meticulous process ensures that only approved individuals have access to restricted areas, reducing the risk of unauthorized activities.
Baggage screening is another crucial aspect of Barwon Heads Airport’s security protocols. All checked-in baggage is subjected to thorough scanning using state-of-the-art X-ray equipment. This helps identify any prohibited items or potential threats before they are loaded onto aircraft. Additionally, passengers go through a similar screening process, which includes the use of metal detectors and body scanners to detect any concealed weapons or dangerous objects.
To further bolster the security of the airport, it employs a comprehensive surveillance system utilizing a network of cameras strategically placed throughout the premises. These cameras provide continuous monitoring and recording, enabling security personnel to promptly identify and respond to any suspicious or unauthorized activities. Additionally, security staff conducts regular patrols within and around the airport to maintain a visible presence and deter potential threats.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport’s security protocols prioritize the safety and well-being of all individuals within its premises. Through strict access controls, thorough baggage screening, advanced surveillance systems, and diligent security personnel, the airport remains committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for travelers and aviation operations.
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Victoria, Australia, is a small regional airport that serves as a gateway to the picturesque coastal town of Barwon Heads. While not a major transportation hub, this airport provides essential traveler’s assistance for those visiting the area. With its informative and helpful services, Barwon Heads Airport ensures a smooth and enjoyable travel experience for all.
Upon arrival at Barwon Heads Airport, travelers can find a dedicated assistance desk where friendly staff members are available to provide guidance and support. Whether it’s information about local attractions, transportation options, or accommodation recommendations, the knowledgeable staff can offer valuable insights to make the most of a visit to Barwon Heads. This personalized attention ensures that visitors have all the necessary information to explore and enjoy the best of this charming coastal destination.
In addition to the assistance desk, Barwon Heads Airport offers a range of practical amenities for travelers. These include car rental services, taxi stands, and shuttle buses, making it convenient for visitors to reach their desired destinations. The airport also provides ample parking facilities for those who prefer to drive, as well as baggage handling services to ensure a hassle-free experience. With its well-maintained facilities and superb customer service, Barwon Heads Airport is committed to facilitating a pleasant and stress-free journey for its passengers.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport stands as a reliable and efficient travel hub, catering to the needs of both domestic and international travelers. Its commitment to providing informative assistance and essential services ensures that visitors can seamlessly navigate their way through this coastal paradise. Whether arriving for a short vacation or an extended stay, Barwon Heads Airport is a trusted partner in making every trip to this idyllic region a memorable one.
Shops and Restaurants
Barwon Heads Airport in Australia offers a range of shops and restaurants, ensuring that visitors have access to various amenities during their time at the airport. Whether you’re waiting for a flight or simply passing through, these establishments provide a convenient and enjoyable experience.
Upon arriving at Barwon Heads Airport, travelers can find a well-stocked gift shop that offers a variety of souvenirs, local products, and travel essentials. This shop is perfect for those looking to purchase unique items or last-minute gifts for loved ones. Additionally, it provides a convenient option for travelers who may have forgotten to pack certain items.
For those with a craving for a delicious meal or a quick snack, the airport boasts a selection of restaurants and cafes. These establishments offer a diverse range of cuisines, ensuring that there is something to suit every taste. From cozy cafes serving freshly brewed coffee and pastries to restaurants with extensive menus featuring both local and international dishes, there is no shortage of options to satisfy any appetite.
Furthermore, Barwon Heads Airport takes pride in supporting local businesses. Many of the shops and restaurants are owned and operated by individuals from the surrounding area, providing a unique and authentic experience for visitors. This commitment to the local community adds to the airport’s charm and creates a welcoming atmosphere for all travelers.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport’s shops and restaurants offer a convenient and enjoyable experience for visitors. Whether you’re in need of travel essentials, looking for a unique gift, or simply seeking a delicious meal, these establishments ensure that your time at the airport is both comfortable and memorable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Australia, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its visitors. These spaces are designed to accommodate individuals seeking a quiet and peaceful space for prayer, meditation, or religious observances. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Barwon Heads Airport:
1. Main Terminal Prayer Room:
Located within the main terminal building, the prayer room provides a dedicated space for prayer and reflection. It is easily accessible and offers a serene environment for individuals of different faiths to practice their religious rituals.
2. Outdoor Meditation Garden:
Adjacent to the main terminal, the airport features an outdoor meditation garden that serves as a tranquil space for meditation and contemplation. Surrounded by lush greenery, this area offers a peaceful atmosphere for those seeking a connection with nature during their spiritual practices.
3. Multi-Faith Worship Area:
Barwon Heads Airport also offers a multi-faith worship area, catering to individuals from various religious backgrounds. This inclusive space allows people to come together and engage in collective worship or group activities, fostering unity and understanding among different faith communities.
4. Private Prayer Rooms:
For individuals who prefer a more secluded space, Barwon Heads Airport provides private prayer rooms. These rooms offer a quiet and intimate setting, allowing visitors to observe their religious practices in solitude.
It’s important to note that these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to people of all faiths and are intended to promote inclusivity and respect for diverse religious beliefs. Visitors are encouraged to utilize these spaces responsibly, maintaining cleanliness and observing any specific rules or guidelines provided by the airport authorities.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport recognizes the significance of providing prayer rooms and worship areas that cater to the spiritual needs of its visitors. These designated spaces allow individuals to find solace and connect with their faith while traveling through the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Australia, offers a range of convenient amenities for travelers, including WiFi and workspace facilities. Whether you’re a business traveler or simply looking for a comfortable spot to catch up on work or browse the internet, Barwon Heads Airport has you covered.
First and foremost, the airport provides WiFi access to all its visitors. This means that you can easily connect your devices and stay connected throughout your time at the airport. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the web, or stay connected on social media, the reliable WiFi service ensures that you can stay connected without any interruptions.
In addition to WiFi, Barwon Heads Airport also offers workspace facilities. These spaces are designed to provide a comfortable and productive environment for individuals who need to work or study while waiting for their flights. The airport provides well-equipped workstations with comfortable seating, ample desk space, and power outlets to ensure that you have everything you need to be productive during your stay.
Moreover, the airport’s workspace facilities are designed to cater to different needs. Whether you prefer a quiet corner for concentration or a more collaborative setting, Barwon Heads Airport has a variety of options to suit your preferences. These spaces are well-lit, quiet, and offer a peaceful atmosphere, allowing you to focus on your work without any distractions.
Overall, Barwon Heads Airport in Australia provides convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. With reliable internet access and well-equipped workstations, you can stay connected and be productive during your time at the airport. Whether you’re catching up on work or simply need a comfortable spot to browse the internet, Barwon Heads Airport ensures that you have all the necessary amenities to make your stay as seamless and efficient as possible.
Accomodation Options Nearby Barwon Heads Airport
At Barwon Heads Airport, Australia, visitors will find a range of accommodation options catering to diverse preferences and budgets. Whether you are seeking a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious retreat, the following accommodations offer a variety of choices for your convenience.
1. Budget-friendly accommodations:
– Caravan parks: Adjacent to the airport, you can find several caravan parks offering powered sites for caravans, campervans, and tents at affordable rates. These parks often provide convenient amenities such as BBQ facilities, communal kitchens, and shared amenities.
2. Mid-range accommodations:
– Motels: There are several comfortable motels located within a short drive from Barwon Heads Airport. These establishments offer clean and cozy rooms equipped with basic amenities such as ensuite bathrooms, TV, and Wi-Fi. Some motels may also have on-site dining options.
– Bed and Breakfasts: For a charming and personalized experience, consider staying at a bed and breakfast in the nearby town. These accommodations typically offer comfortable rooms with breakfast included, allowing you to start your day with a delicious meal.
3. Luxury accommodations:
– Resorts and Retreats: Located a short distance from the airport, you can find luxurious resorts and retreats offering an indulgent experience. These high-end establishments boast spacious rooms, upscale amenities, and often feature on-site restaurants, spa facilities, and recreational activities.
– Boutique Hotels: For a touch of elegance and exclusivity, consider staying at one of the boutique hotels in the area. These stylish accommodations offer unique designs, personalized service, and often feature upscale amenities such as fine dining restaurants, bars, and wellness facilities.
– Private Rentals: Ideal for larger groups or families seeking privacy and exclusivity, various holiday rental properties are available near Barwon Heads Airport. These range from upscale beach houses to stylish villas, offering a wide range of amenities and stunning views of the surrounding areas.
In conclusion, whether you seek affordability or luxury, the accommodation options near Barwon Heads Airport cater to all needs. Enjoy your stay in this picturesque location while choosing the accommodation that suits your preferences and budget.
1. Barwon Heads Beach: Located just a short distance from the airport, Barwon Heads Beach is a popular attraction for its pristine golden sands and crystal-clear waters. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking in this beautiful coastal setting.
2. Barwon Heads Golf Club: Situated adjacent to the airport, Barwon Heads Golf Club is a must-visit for golf enthusiasts. The 18-hole championship course offers stunning views of the coastline and challenges players of all skill levels.
3. Jirrahlinga Koala and Wildlife Sanctuary: A short drive from Barwon Heads Airport, this wildlife sanctuary is home to a variety of native Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, and wombats. Visitors can enjoy close encounters, learn about conservation efforts, and even participate in animal feeding.
4. Ocean Grove Nature Reserve: Located a few kilometers from the airport, this nature reserve is a haven for nature lovers. It boasts a diverse range of flora and fauna, walking trails, and panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
5. Marine Discovery Centre: Situated in nearby Queenscliff, the Marine Discovery Centre offers a unique and educational experience for all ages. Visitors can explore interactive exhibits, touch sea creatures, and learn about the diverse marine life found along the Bellarine Peninsula.
6. Point Lonsdale Lighthouse: Just a short drive from Barwon Heads Airport, the iconic Point Lonsdale Lighthouse overlooks the entrance to Port Phillip Bay. Visitors can climb to the top for breathtaking panoramic views or take a leisurely stroll along the nearby promenade.
7. Bellarine Adventure Golf: This family-friendly attraction, located in Wallington, is a miniature golf course with a twist. Offering a unique and challenging outdoor setting, visitors can enjoy a fun-filled game of putt-putt while taking in the picturesque surroundings.
8. Queenscliff Maritime Museum: Situated in the historic town of Queenscliff, this museum showcases the rich maritime history of the region. Visitors can explore exhibits, artifacts, and historic vessels, gaining a deeper appreciation for the area’s nautical heritage.
9. Barwon Heads Village: With its charming boutiques, cafes, and art galleries, a visit to Barwon Heads Village is a delightful way to spend an afternoon. Visitors can wander the streets, enjoy a meal at a waterfront restaurant, or browse local crafts and produce markets.
10. The Bellarine Taste Trail: For food and wine enthusiasts, the Bellarine Taste Trail offers a unique opportunity to sample the region’s finest produce. From wineries and breweries to farm gates and artisanal food producers, this self-guided tour allows visitors to indulge in local flavors while exploring the beautiful countryside.
History of Barwon Heads Airport
Barwon Heads Airport, located in Victoria, Australia, has a rich and fascinating history. Originally constructed in the late 1930s, this regional airport played a vital role during World War II. Initially used as a training facility for the Royal Australian Air Force, it later became a base for anti-aircraft artillery units and a storage site for military equipment. Following the war, the airport emerged as a civilian facility, catering to recreational pilots and becoming a popular destination for aviation enthusiasts.
Throughout the years, Barwon Heads Airport has undergone various transformations to accommodate the growing demands of the aviation industry. In the 1960s, an asphalt runway was added, allowing for a smoother takeoff and landing experience. This improvement attracted an increasing number of private aircraft owners, who appreciated the picturesque coastal location and the convenient access to nearby tourist destinations.
Today, Barwon Heads Airport primarily serves as a general aviation facility, offering services such as flight training, aircraft maintenance, and charter flights. With its well-maintained facilities and a focus on safety, it continues to attract a diverse range of pilots, from amateur aviators to seasoned professionals. The airport’s proximity to popular tourist spots like the Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula makes it an ideal starting point for scenic flights and aerial sightseeing tours.
Steeped in military history and cherished by aviation enthusiasts, Barwon Heads Airport remains a significant part of Australia’s aviation heritage. As it continues to evolve and grow, this regional airport stands as a testament to the enduring fascination and importance of flight in the Barwon Heads community.
Other Airports in Victoria, Australia
- Amphitheatre Airport
- Apollo Bay Airport
- Ararat Airport
- Avalon Airport
- Avonmore Airport
- Bacchus Marsh Airport
- Baddaginnie Airport
- Bairnsdale Airport
- Ballarat Airport
- Bamawm Airport
- Barwon Heads Airport
- Beaufort Airport
- Bellbrae private airstrip
- Benalla Airport
- Benambra Airport
- Bendigo Airport
- Beulah 1 Airport
- Birchip Airport
- Boort Airport
- Branxholme Airport
- Bridgewater Airport
- Bunyip Airport
- Burren Junction Airstrip
- Cann River Airport
- Casterton Airport
- Castlemaine Airport
- Ceres Airport
- Charlton Airport
- Chatsworth Airport
- Clydebank private Airstrip
- Cohuna Airport
- Colac Airport
- Coldstream Airport
- Coleraine Airport
- Concongella private airfield
- Corryong Airport
- Cowes Airport
- Cullulleraine airstrip private
- Delatite Airstrip
- Derby Field
- Derrinallum Airport
- Derrinallum Airstrip
- Donald Airport
- Drouin Airport
- Dunolly Airport
- Echuca Airport
- Edenhope Airport
- Eildon Weir Airport
- Elmore Airport
- Euroa Aerodrome
- Euroa Wingnells Airfield
- Fish Creek Airport
- Fiskville Airport
- Fraser Island Airstrip
- Gabo Island Airport
- Gleneagles Park Station
- Grampians Airport
- Great Lakes Vi Airport
- Gunbower Airport
- Hamilton Airport
- Hopetoun Airport
- Horsham Airport
- Kaniva Airport
- Kelly head airstrip
- Kerang Airport
- Koongarra Airport
- Kotta Airport
- Kuruc-A-Ruc South Airport
- Kurweeton Airport
- Kyabram Airport
- Kyneton Airport
- Lake Bolac Airport
- Lake Glen Maggie Airfield
- Lake Leagur Airport
- lake Modewarre Private airstrip
- lake Modewarre Private airstrip no.2
- Lake Omeo Dry Lake Ultralightport
- Lakes Entrance Airport
- Latrobe Valley Airport
- Leongatha Airport
- Lethbridge Airpark
- Lilydale Airport
- Ling Lake Airfield
- Lismore Airport
- Locksley Field
- Longwarry Airport
- Longwood Airport
- Lovely Banks Airport
- Mallacoota Airport
- Manangatang Airport
- Mangalore Airport
- Mansfield Airport
- Maygars Hill Winery Airstrip
- Melbourne Essendon Airport
- Melbourne International Airport
- Melbourne Moorabbin Airport
- Melton Airport
- Merton Airport
- Milawa Vineyard Airport
- Mildura Airport
- Mitta Mitta Airport
- Moonambel Airfield
- Mount Beauty Airport
- Mount Elephant Airport
- Mount Hotham Airport
- Mount William Airport
- Murray-Sunset airstrip
- Nagambie Airport
- Natya Airport
- Navarre Airport
- Neds Corner Airport
- Newry Airfield
- Nhill Airport
- Normanville Airport
- Omeo Airport
- Orbost Airport
- Ouyen Airport
- Patchewollock Airport
- Penfield Airfield
- Pomonal Airstrip
- Porepunkah Airport
- Port Fairy
- Portland Airport
- Prairie Airport
- Puckapunyal Military Airport
- Pyramid Hill Airport
- Quambatook Airport
- RAAF Williams, Point Cook Base
- Raglan Airport
- Rainbow Airport
- Raywood Airfield
- Riddell Airport
- Robinvale Airport
- Romsey Airport
- Rothwell Airfield
- Saint Arnaud Airport
- Sea Lake Airport
- Shepparton Airport
- Smeaton airfield private
- Snowy Range Airfield
- St James Private airfield
- St Leonards Airfield
- Stawell Airport
- Stoney Creek Airfield
- Strathbogie Airport
- Strathdownie Airport
- Sunbury East airport
- Swan Hill Airport
- Taggerty Airport
- Tidal River Airport
- Tooradin Airport
- Torquay Airport
- Torrumbarry Airport
- Trawalla Airport
- Tyabb Airport
- Victoria Valley Airbase
- Victoria Valley Airport
- Violet Town Airfield
- Wahring Field
- Wangaratta Airport
- Warracknabeal Airport
- Warrnambool Airport
- Wedderburn Airport
- Welshpool Airport
- West Sale Airport
- Wilsons Promontory Airport
- Wonthaggi Airport
- Woodvale Airport
- Wooloomanata Airfield
- Wright Field
- Wycheproof Airport
- Yarram Airport
- Yarrawonga Airport
- Yea Airport
- Yeaburn Airport