Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. It serves as the main gateway for tourists visiting the island, which is known for its beautiful beaches and marine life.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Bazaruto Island Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Bazaruto Island Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Bazaruto Island Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Bazaruto Island Airport
- Other Airports in Inhambane Province, Mozambique
How to Get to Bazaruto Island Airport
Bazaruto Island Airport is located on Bazaruto Island, which is part of the Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique. The airport can only be accessed by air or sea. The easiest way to get to Bazaruto Island Airport is by taking a flight from Vilanculos Airport, which is the nearest airport to Bazaruto Island. There are several airlines that operate flights from Vilanculos Airport to Bazaruto Island Airport, including LAM Mozambique Airlines and CFA Air Charters.
If you prefer to travel by sea, you can take a boat from Vilanculos to Bazaruto Island. There are several boat operators that offer daily transfers to Bazaruto Island, including Sailaway Dhow Safaris and Odyssea Dive. The boat ride takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the weather conditions.
Once you arrive at Bazaruto Island Airport, you can take a taxi or a shuttle to your accommodation. Most hotels and resorts on the island offer airport transfers for their guests. Alternatively, you can hire a private transfer service or rent a car to explore the island on your own. It is important to note that Bazaruto Island is a protected area, and visitors are required to pay a conservation fee upon arrival.
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. The airport serves as a gateway to the beautiful Bazaruto Archipelago, which is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. To help you get around the island, here are some transportation options available at Bazaruto Island Airport:
1. Private Transfers: Private transfers are a popular option for those who want a hassle-free and comfortable ride to their hotel or resort. Several private transfer companies operate at the airport, offering air-conditioned vehicles and experienced drivers who know the island well.
2. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and they are a convenient option for those who want to travel independently. Taxis are metered, and the fare depends on the distance traveled. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before starting the journey.
3. Water Taxis: Water taxis are a unique and exciting way to travel around the Bazaruto Archipelago. They are ideal for those who want to explore the nearby islands, go snorkeling or diving, or simply enjoy a scenic ride on the water. Water taxis can be hired from the beach near the airport.
4. Bicycle Rentals: Bicycles are a popular mode of transportation on Bazaruto Island, and several rental companies offer bicycles for hire at the airport. Bicycles are an eco-friendly and affordable way to explore the island at your own pace.
5. Walking: Bazaruto Island is a small island, and walking is a great way to explore its many attractions. The island has several walking trails that take you through the lush vegetation, past the sand dunes, and along the beaches. Walking is also an excellent way to experience the local culture and interact with the friendly locals.
In conclusion, Bazaruto Island Airport offers several transportation options that cater to different needs and budgets. Whether you prefer a private transfer, a taxi, a water taxi, a bicycle, or simply walking, you can easily get around the island and enjoy all that it has to offer.
Bazaruto Island Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers who need to park their vehicles while they are away. The airport has two parking areas, both located within close proximity to the terminal building.
The first parking area is the short-term parking lot, which is located directly in front of the terminal building. This lot is ideal for travelers who need to park for a few hours or a day. The short-term parking lot is convenient for dropping off or picking up passengers, as it is just a short walk from the terminal.
The second parking area is the long-term parking lot, which is located just a short distance from the terminal building. This lot is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time, such as a week or more. The long-term parking lot offers affordable rates and is a safe and secure place to leave your vehicle while you are away.
Both parking areas at Bazaruto Island Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, you can rest assured that your car will be safe and secure while you are away.
Car Rental at Bazaruto Island Airport
- Avis Rent a Car
- Budget Rent a Car
- Hertz Rent a Car
- Europcar Rent a Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and another for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic facilities, including a waiting area, check-in counters, and a baggage claim area. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers more amenities, including a duty-free shop, a restaurant, and a lounge area.
Both terminals are well-maintained and offer a comfortable experience for travelers. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and the security measures are adequate. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including LAM Mozambique Airlines, which operates daily flights to and from Maputo, the capital city of Mozambique.
The airport is located on the eastern side of the island, near the popular tourist destinations of Bazaruto Archipelago and Benguerra Island. The airport provides easy access to these destinations, which offer a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, fishing, and beachcombing. Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport is a convenient and efficient gateway to one of Mozambique’s most beautiful destinations.
- Mozambique Airlines
- LAM Mozambique Airlines
- CFA Air Charters
- Proflight Zambia
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. As with all airports, security protocols are in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The airport has a security checkpoint where passengers are screened before entering the boarding area. This includes a baggage screening process and a body scanner.
All passengers are required to present a valid identification document such as a passport or national ID card. In addition, passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and any metal objects before passing through the body scanner. Any prohibited items such as weapons, explosives, or liquids over 100ml are not allowed in the boarding area and will be confiscated.
The airport also has security personnel who patrol the airport and monitor the boarding area to ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the area. The airport has CCTV cameras installed in strategic locations to monitor the airport and identify any suspicious activity. Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented strict protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. The airport serves as the main gateway for tourists visiting the island, which is known for its beautiful beaches and marine wildlife. To ensure a smooth travel experience for visitors, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the most important services offered at Bazaruto Island Airport is baggage handling. The airport staff is trained to handle luggage with care and ensure that it is delivered to the correct destination. Additionally, the airport provides wheelchair assistance for passengers with mobility issues. This service includes assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as transportation to and from the terminal.
Another helpful service offered at Bazaruto Island Airport is currency exchange. Visitors can exchange their currency for Mozambican meticals at the airport, making it easier to pay for goods and services during their stay on the island. The airport also has a small café where travelers can grab a snack or a drink before or after their flight.
Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for visitors to the island. From baggage handling to currency exchange, the airport staff is dedicated to making sure that every traveler’s needs are met.
Shops and Restaurants
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. Despite its size, the airport offers a few shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
1. The Bazaruto Island Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs and gifts for travelers to take home with them. From locally made crafts to postcards and t-shirts, the gift shop has something for everyone.
2. The Bazaruto Island Airport Snack Bar: This snack bar offers a selection of light snacks and beverages for travelers to enjoy while waiting for their flight. The menu includes sandwiches, pastries, and coffee.
3. The Bazaruto Island Airport Restaurant: This restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including seafood, grilled meats, and vegetarian options. The menu changes regularly to reflect the availability of fresh ingredients.
4. The Bazaruto Island Airport Bar: This bar offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine, and cocktails. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy a drink before or after your flight.
Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport may be small, but it offers a few options for travelers to shop and dine. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir or a meal, you’ll find something to suit your needs at the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. The airport has a few prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. Here are the details of these facilities:
1. Mosque: The mosque is located near the airport terminal building. It is a small prayer room that can accommodate up to 20 people at a time. The mosque is open for all Muslims and offers daily prayers.
2. Chapel: The chapel is located inside the airport terminal building. It is a small worship area that can accommodate up to 10 people at a time. The chapel is open for all Christians and offers daily services.
3. Meditation Room: The meditation room is located near the airport terminal building. It is a small room that can accommodate up to 5 people at a time. The room is open for all passengers and visitors who want to meditate or pray in silence.
All these facilities are well-maintained and clean. They provide a peaceful and quiet environment for prayer and worship. Passengers and visitors are requested to maintain the sanctity of these areas and respect the religious beliefs of others.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. Despite its size, the airport offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
WiFi: Bazaruto Island Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing travelers to browse the internet, check their emails, or stream their favorite content without any interruption.
Workspace: The airport does not have a dedicated workspace area, but there are a few seating options available for passengers who need to work on their laptops or tablets. The airport has a few benches and chairs located near the boarding gates, which offer a quiet and comfortable environment for working.
Power Outlets: The airport has a few power outlets available for passengers to charge their electronic devices. However, these outlets are limited, so it’s recommended to bring a portable charger or power bank to ensure that your devices stay charged.
Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport offers basic amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done. While the airport may not have a dedicated workspace area or an abundance of power outlets, the free WiFi and comfortable seating options make it a convenient place to wait for your flight.
- The Lighthouse Lounge at the Bazaruto Island Airport – Located in the international terminal
- The Beach Bar & Grill Lounge – Located in the domestic terminal
- The Zebra Lounge – Located in the international terminal
- The Sip & Snack Café Lounge – Located in the domestic terminal
- The Safari Lounge – Located in the international terminal
- The Albatross Lounge – Located in the international terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby Bazaruto Island Airport
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on the beautiful Bazaruto Island in Mozambique. The island is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. If you are planning a trip to Bazaruto Island, you will be pleased to know that there are several accommodation options available near the airport.
1. Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa: This luxurious resort is located just a short distance from the airport and offers a range of accommodation options, including villas, suites, and rooms. The resort features a spa, multiple restaurants, and a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, and fishing.
2. Azura Benguerra Island: This eco-friendly resort is located on the neighboring Benguerra Island and can be reached by boat from Bazaruto Island. The resort offers a range of villas and suites, all of which are designed to blend in with the natural surroundings. The resort features a spa, restaurant, and a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, and island tours.
3. Benguerra Lodge: This luxury lodge is located on Benguerra Island and can be reached by boat from Bazaruto Island. The lodge offers a range of villas and suites, all of which are designed to provide guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay. The lodge features a restaurant, bar, and a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, and fishing.
4. Casa Babi: This charming guesthouse is located on Bazaruto Island and offers a range of rooms and suites. The guesthouse features a restaurant, bar, and a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, and fishing.
5. Santorini Mozambique: This boutique hotel is located on the mainland, just a short distance from the airport. The hotel offers a range of rooms and suites, all of which are designed to provide guests with a luxurious and comfortable stay. The hotel features a restaurant, bar, and a range of activities, including snorkeling, diving, and island tours.
No matter what your budget or preferences are, you are sure to find the perfect accommodation option near Bazaruto Island Airport. From luxurious resorts to charming guesthouses, there is something for everyone on this beautiful island.
Bazaruto Island Airport is located on the stunning Bazaruto Island, which is part of the Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique. The airport is situated in a beautiful natural setting, surrounded by crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and lush vegetation. There are plenty of attractions near Bazaruto Island Airport that visitors can explore, including:
1. Bazaruto National Park: This is a protected area that covers the entire Bazaruto Archipelago. Visitors can explore the park’s diverse ecosystems, including coral reefs, mangrove forests, and sand dunes. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, whales, turtles, and over 180 species of birds.
2. Scuba Diving and Snorkeling: The waters around Bazaruto Island are teeming with marine life, making it an ideal destination for scuba diving and snorkeling. Visitors can explore the colorful coral reefs, swim with dolphins and turtles, and spot a variety of fish species.
3. Fishing: Bazaruto Island is known for its excellent fishing opportunities. Visitors can go deep-sea fishing for marlin, sailfish, and tuna, or try their luck at fly fishing for bonefish and permit.
4. Island Hopping: The Bazaruto Archipelago consists of several islands, each with its own unique charm. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the islands, visit local villages, and enjoy the stunning scenery.
5. Beach Activities: Bazaruto Island has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Visitors can relax on the white sandy beaches, swim in the warm waters, and enjoy a variety of beach activities, including kayaking, paddleboarding, and beach volleyball.
Overall, Bazaruto Island Airport is a gateway to a paradise-like destination that offers a range of attractions for visitors to explore. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a bit of both, Bazaruto Island has something for everyone.
History of Bazaruto Island Airport
Bazaruto Island Airport is a small airport located on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique. The airport was built in the 1960s and was originally used as a military airport. In the 1980s, the airport was opened to the public and began serving as a commercial airport.
The airport has a single runway that is approximately 1,200 meters long and is capable of handling small aircraft such as the Cessna 208 Caravan and the Beechcraft King Air. The airport is operated by the Mozambique Civil Aviation Authority and is open from sunrise to sunset.
Bazaruto Island Airport is an important gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago, which is a popular tourist destination known for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. The airport plays a crucial role in supporting the local tourism industry by providing access to the archipelago for both tourists and locals alike. Despite its small size, Bazaruto Island Airport is an important transportation hub for the region and continues to play a vital role in the economic development of Mozambique.
Other Airports in Inhambane Province, Mozambique
- Bazaruto Island Airport
- Benguera Island Airport
- Indigo Bay Lodge Airport
- Inhambane Airport
- Vilankulo Airport