Located in the lush rainforests of Papua New Guinea, the Benaria Airstrip serves as a vital transportation hub connecting remote communities in the region. Surrounded by towering mountains and dense vegetation, this small but essential airstrip plays a crucial role in enabling access to medical services, supplies, and communication for the local population.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Benaria Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Benaria Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Benaria Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Benaria Airstrip
- Other Airports in Hela, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Benaria Airstrip
To get to Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, there are a few steps you can follow. Start by booking a flight to Port Moresby, the capital city of Papua New Guinea. Various international airlines offer direct flights to Port Moresby from major cities such as Sydney, Brisbane, Singapore, and Manila. Once you arrive in Port Moresby, you will need to take a domestic flight to Mount Hagen. Domestic carriers like Air Niugini and PNG Air operate daily flights from Port Moresby to Mount Hagen. From Mount Hagen, you will need to arrange for ground transportation to Benaria Airstrip, which is approximately a three-hour drive. Local taxis or hired vehicles can be arranged at the airport or through accommodations in Mount Hagen. It’s recommended to communicate and make arrangements in advance to ensure a smooth journey to Benaria Airstrip.
Benaria Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, provides a vital transportation link for travelers and locals in the region. Although it is a small airport, it offers various transportation options to ensure convenient and efficient travel for passengers.
1. Domestic Flights: Benaria Airstrip serves as a hub for domestic flights within Papua New Guinea. Several airlines, such as Air Niugini and PNG Air, operate regular flights to and from this airstrip. Passengers can book tickets for their desired destinations within the country and enjoy the convenience of air travel.
2. Charter Flights: For those seeking a more personalized travel experience or needing to reach remote locations, charter flights are available at Benaria Airstrip. Chartering an aircraft allows passengers to customize their itineraries, timings, and destinations, providing flexibility and convenience.
3. Airport Transfers: To ensure a seamless transition from the airport to their desired location, passengers can hire airport transfer services. Local transportation companies offer shuttle services, private taxis, and rental cars to transport individuals to nearby towns, accommodations, or tourist attractions. These services can be pre-arranged or found at the airport upon arrival.
4. Public Buses: For budget-conscious travelers or locals looking for an economical transportation option, public buses are available near Benaria Airstrip. These buses operate on scheduled routes, connecting the airport to nearby towns and villages, making it a cost-effective choice for commuting within the region.
5. Hotel Shuttle Services: Many hotels located in the vicinity of Benaria Airstrip offer complimentary shuttle services for their guests. Passengers can make arrangements with their designated accommodations in advance to avail of these services. This option provides convenience and peace of mind, particularly for visitors unfamiliar with the area.
6. Private Transportation: Those who prefer privacy and exclusivity can opt for private transportation services. Local providers offer chauffeur-driven cars, private taxis, or rental vehicles upon request. These services offer flexible timings, personalized itineraries, and the comfort of traveling in a dedicated vehicle.
7. Walking and Cycling: Benaria Airstrip is also conveniently located near nearby towns, making it possible for travelers to walk or cycle to their destination, especially for short distances. This eco-friendly option allows visitors to experience the local environment, interact with the community, and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.
Overall, Benaria Airstrip offers a range of transportation options tailored to meet the diverse needs and preferences of travelers in Papua New Guinea. Whether one prefers air travel, private or public transportation, or even walking and cycling, the airport ensures that passengers can conveniently and efficiently reach their desired destinations.
Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers convenient car parking facilities for visitors and travelers. The airstrip is situated in the Southern Highlands Province on the island of Papua New Guinea.
Located in close proximity to the airstrip terminal, the car parking area provides a safe and secure place for vehicles. The parking space is well-maintained, ensuring ease of access and a hassle-free parking experience for all visitors.
Upon arriving at Benaria Airstrip, visitors can easily find the designated car parking area near the terminal entrance. Ample signage guides drivers to the parking area, making it convenient to locate and park their vehicles. The car park is equipped with necessary infrastructure and facilities to accommodate a significant number of cars, ensuring that space is usually available for most travelers.
The car parking area at Benaria Airstrip is designed to provide convenience and peace of mind to passengers. With its strategic location near the terminal, travelers can quickly park their cars and proceed with their journey, knowing that their vehicles are safely stored.
The car parking facilities at Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea contribute to a seamless travel experience, allowing visitors to conveniently access the terminal and enjoy the various services the airstrip has to offer.
Car Rental at Benaria Airstrip
Benaria Airstrip is a small but vital aviation facility located in the remote Western Province of Papua New Guinea. Serving as a crucial transportation hub, it offers a vital link for the indigenous communities living in the vicinity. The airport primarily caters to domestic flights, connecting the region to major cities in Papua New Guinea. Despite its limited size and capacity, Benaria Airstrip plays a critical role in facilitating much-needed essentials such as medical supplies, educational resources, and goods for the local population.
The terminal at Benaria Airstrip is a modest structure designed to support the airport’s operations efficiently. Although compact in size, it provides essential services to passengers and flight crew. The terminal features waiting areas with basic seating arrangements, ensuring a comfortable experience while awaiting flights. Additionally, the terminal is equipped with necessary amenities, including a ticketing counter and information desk, where passengers can inquire about flight schedules and make necessary arrangements.
Passengers can expect a simplified process when traveling through Benaria Airstrip’s terminal. While the airport may not boast the elaborate facilities of larger international airports, it offers a streamlined experience, ensuring a smooth transition from check-in to boarding. Airport staff strive to provide friendly and helpful assistance, keeping passengers informed and ensuring their needs are met. Although the terminal is humble in size, it embodies the heart of this remote region’s aviation infrastructure, facilitating essential air travel for both locals and visitors alike.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there isn’t specific information available about the operating airlines at Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea. It’s recommended to contact the local aviation authorities or the airport management directly to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the operating airlines at Benaria Airstrip.
Located in Papua New Guinea, Benaria Airstrip is a vital transportation hub serving both domestic and international flights. As with any modern airport, ensuring safety and security is a top priority to protect passengers, staff, and the facility itself. Benaria Airstrip implements stringent security protocols, creating a safe and efficient environment for all stakeholders.
To ensure comprehensive security, the airport maintains a well-trained security team that operates round the clock. These dedicated professionals undergo rigorous training and follow strict procedures to ensure the safety of everyone within the airport grounds. They are responsible for conducting regular patrols, including baggage screening, access control, and threat detection. This continual presence and vigilance form a crucial part of the security protocols at Benaria Airstrip.
Additionally, the airport utilizes advanced technology to enhance security measures. With state-of-the-art surveillance systems and high-resolution CCTV cameras strategically placed throughout the premises, potential threats can be identified and addressed promptly. These systems provide comprehensive coverage, monitoring activities in key areas such as terminals, runways, and parking facilities. Furthermore, the airport collaborates closely with relevant law enforcement agencies to ensure effective coordination during emergencies or potential security incidents.
Passenger safety is of utmost importance at Benaria Airstrip. Rigorous passenger screening procedures are implemented to detect prohibited items and potential threats. Alongside traditional security measures such as metal detectors, X-ray machines, and physical pat-downs, the airport also employs advanced technologies like body scanners, capable of detecting hidden items that may pose a risk to flight safety. These processes are designed to be efficient yet thorough to maintain optimum security standards.
In conclusion, Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea prioritizes the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport’s robust security protocols, backed by a dedicated security team, technologically advanced surveillance systems, and stringent passenger screening procedures, contribute to creating a secure environment for air travel. These measures ensure that every individual passing through this bustling airport experiences a secure and hassle-free journey.
Benaria Airstrip is a small but vital transportation hub located in the remote region of Papua New Guinea. Situated in the Western Highlands Province, this airstrip serves as a gateway for travelers looking to explore the rugged beauty and cultural diversity of Papua New Guinea. While it may be relatively modest in size, the airstrip plays a crucial role in connecting various local communities and providing essential traveler’s assistance.
Travelers visiting Benaria Airstrip can expect a range of helpful services and facilities to ensure a smooth journey. The airstrip has a dedicated terminal building where travelers can find basic amenities such as restrooms, waiting areas, and information desks. Friendly and knowledgeable staff members are readily available to provide assistance and answer any queries travelers may have.
In terms of transportation options, visitors can find local taxis or private car hires near the airstrip, facilitating convenient access to nearby towns and attractions. Additionally, there are a few small shops and eateries in the vicinity, offering essential supplies and refreshments. Travelers are advised to plan their trips in advance and make necessary arrangements to cater to the limited availability of services in this remote location.
Overall, Benaria Airstrip serves as a vital lifeline for travelers venturing into the untamed landscapes of Papua New Guinea. It not only provides a convenient entry point to the region but also offers essential traveler’s assistance, ensuring a safe and comfortable experience for those exploring the unique wonders of this captivating destination.
Shops and Restaurants
Benaria Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you are looking to grab a quick bite or indulge in some retail therapy, this small airstrip has got you covered.
For those in need of a caffeine fix or a light snack, the airstrip features a cozy coffee shop conveniently situated within the terminal. Here, you can enjoy a variety of freshly brewed coffees, teas, and refreshing beverages. The menu also includes a selection of pastries and light snacks, perfect for a quick pick-me-up before or after your flight.
If you’re in the mood for a more substantial meal, there is a restaurant located near the airstrip. This eatery offers a diverse menu featuring both local and international cuisine. From traditional Papua New Guinean dishes to Western favorites, there is something to satisfy every palate. The restaurant provides a comfortable dining experience, allowing you to relax and enjoy your meal while taking in the serene surroundings.
Additionally, Benaria Airstrip boasts a few retail shops where you can browse through a range of items. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs to commemorate your trip or need to purchase essentials, these shops offer a variety of products to cater to your needs. From locally crafted handicrafts and artwork to everyday necessities like toiletries and snacks, you can find a little bit of everything here.
It’s important to note that while the shops and restaurants at Benaria Airstrip may not be as extensive as those found in larger airports, they provide a convenient and welcoming environment for travelers passing through. The friendly staff are always ready to assist you, ensuring a pleasant experience during your visit.
In conclusion, Benaria Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick bite, a relaxing meal, or some retail therapy, this small airstrip has you covered. Enjoy the cozy coffee shop, savor the diverse menu at the restaurant, and browse through the retail shops for a delightful experience during your time at Benaria Airstrip.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Benaria Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient prayer rooms and worship areas for visitors and passengers to engage in spiritual activities. These dedicated spaces provide a peaceful and serene environment for individuals seeking solace and communion with their faith.
Located within close proximity to the airstrip’s main terminal, the prayer rooms are easily accessible to travelers arriving or departing from Benaria Airstrip. These rooms are designed to accommodate various religious beliefs and practices, ensuring inclusivity and respect for diverse faith traditions.
Equipped with comfortable seating, prayer mats, and religious literature, the prayer rooms at Benaria Airstrip are thoughtfully designed to cater to the needs of worshippers. The serene ambiance and quiet atmosphere allow individuals to engage in personal prayer, meditation, or reflection, away from the noise and distractions of travel.
Additionally, the worship areas at Benaria Airstrip provide designated spaces for congregational prayers and religious ceremonies. These areas are often adorned with religious symbols and decor, creating a sacred atmosphere for communal worship and religious gatherings.
Whether you are a passenger passing through the airstrip or a visitor seeking a moment of spiritual connection, Benaria Airstrip’s prayer rooms and worship areas serve as invaluable spaces for individuals to practice their faith and find solace in the midst of their journeys.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Benaria Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, provides limited WiFi and workspace facilities for its passengers.
While the airstrip offers WiFi connectivity, it is important to note that the coverage and speed may be inconsistent due to the remote location. The WiFi may be accessible in certain areas of the airstrip, such as the waiting lounge or the airport café, but it is advisable to have alternative means of communication and internet access as a backup.
In terms of workspace facilities, Benaria Airstrip provides a basic space for travelers to work or attend to their business needs. There are a few designated areas within the terminal building where passengers can set up their laptops or other devices. However, it is important to mention that these workspaces may not have all the amenities of a traditional office environment. Therefore, it is recommended to bring any necessary equipment or supplies needed for work, such as power adapters or extension cords.
Additionally, it is worth mentioning that the availability of workspace facilities might be limited, especially during peak travel times. Passengers are advised to arrive early to secure a suitable working area.
Overall, while Benaria Airstrip does offer WiFi and workspace facilities, it is important to manage expectations given the remote nature of the location. Travelers should plan accordingly and be prepared with alternative means of communication and work arrangements to ensure a smooth and productive experience.
Accomodation Options Nearby Benaria Airstrip
Located in the mesmerizing region of Papua New Guinea, Benaria Airstrip offers a range of diverse accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. From cozy budget-friendly options to luxurious retreats, here is a comprehensive list of accommodation choices at Benaria Airstrip:
1. Guest Houses/Shared Accommodation:
– The Backpacker’s Retreat: A laid-back and affordable guest house providing clean rooms with shared facilities, perfect for budget-conscious backpackers or those seeking a simple yet comfortable stay.
– Papua Adventure Lodge: Offering shared accommodation in traditional-style huts, this lodge provides an authentic experience with basic amenities and a communal dining area.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
– Benaria Gateway Hotel: A popular choice amongst travelers, this hotel offers well-appointed rooms, friendly staff, and essential amenities such as Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and private bathrooms. It’s an ideal choice for those looking for comfort without breaking the bank.
– Karawari Lodge: Nestled on the banks of the Karawari River, this lodge provides a serene setting with spacious rooms, scenic views, and an array of activities and amenities.
3. Resorts and Wilderness Lodges:
– Sepik Spirit Lodge: Immerse yourself in the stunning natural beauty of Papua New Guinea at this riverside lodge. Offering comfortable rooms, exceptional service, and a range of activities like canoe trips and cultural visits, it’s a perfect oasis for nature enthusiasts.
– Lake Murray Lodge: Situated on the tranquil shores of Lake Murray, this wilderness lodge provides a secluded and peaceful experience. Surrounded by lush rainforest, guests can enjoy spacious rooms, delicious cuisine, and breathtaking views.
4. Luxury Lodges:
– Karawari Lodge: Already mentioned in the mid-range category, it’s worth noting that Karawari Lodge also offers luxurious suites with premium amenities, personalized service, and exclusive experiences like aerial tours and village visits.
– Bensbach Wildlife Lodge: This upscale lodge caters to discerning travelers seeking the ultimate wildlife expedition. Nestled in a remote area, Bensbach offers luxurious riverfront cabins, exceptional cuisine, and guided safaris to spot diverse fauna.
Whatever your budget or preferences, Benaria Airstrip provides a variety of accommodations, ensuring a memorable stay in the stunning surroundings of Papua New Guinea.
1. Kokoda Track: The famous Kokoda Track is a World War II historical landmark located near Benaria Airstrip. It offers a challenging trek for adventurous visitors, allowing them to immerse in the rich history and natural beauty of the region.
2. Lake Murray: Situated within close proximity to Benaria Airstrip, Lake Murray is a pristine freshwater lake known for its breathtaking scenery. Visitors can indulge in activities like fishing, boating, and bird-watching while taking in the tranquil atmosphere.
3. Baiyer River Wildlife Sanctuary: Nature enthusiasts will find this sanctuary a true gem near Benaria Airstrip. It is home to a diverse range of exotic wildlife, including various bird species, marsupials, and reptiles. Visitors can explore the sanctuary’s walking trails and experience the beauty of Papua New Guinea’s unique fauna and flora.
4. Mount Wilhelm: For those seeking a thrilling adventure near Benaria Airstrip, Mount Wilhelm is the highest mountain in Papua New Guinea and offers an exceptional trekking experience. Hikers can conquer the peak and relish panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
5. Ambua Lodge: Elegantly nestled amidst the foothills of the highlands, Ambua Lodge is a stunning eco-lodge located close to Benaria Airstrip. It offers an opportunity for visitors to immerse themselves in the local culture, witness traditional performances, and explore the nearby tribal villages.
6. Bosavi Crater: A visit to the Bosavi Crater, one of the world’s largest volcanic calderas, is a must for adventure enthusiasts near Benaria Airstrip. This natural wonder is surrounded by dense rainforests, teeming with unique flora and fauna.
7. PNG Tribal Foundation: Located near the airstrip, this foundation aims to preserve and promote the cultural heritage of the communities surrounding Benaria. Visitors can learn about traditional art, music, and customs through interactive displays and workshops.
8. Madang: Situated a short flight away from Benaria Airstrip, the captivating town of Madang offers beautiful coastal scenery, stunning diving spots, and a vibrant market filled with local produce and handicrafts.
9. Bismarck Sea: Nature lovers and diving enthusiasts can explore the magnificent Bismarck Sea, famous for its pristine coral reefs and abundant marine life. Located near Benaria Airstrip, it offers unforgettable underwater experiences.
10. Tari Basin: The Tari Basin, an area known for its unique culture and mesmerizing landscapes, is also conveniently accessible from Benaria Airstrip. Visitors can witness the traditional Huli Wigmen performances and immerse themselves in the striking scenery of the highlands.
Note: Please make sure to check the current travel advisories and follow all safety precautions when planning a trip to Papua New Guinea.
History of Benaria Airstrip
Benaria Airstrip is a small but significant airstrip located in the remote Highlands region of Papua New Guinea. Its history dates back to the early 1950s when it was constructed as part of Australia’s efforts to develop infrastructure in the region. The airstrip was originally built to serve as a supply and transportation hub, connecting remote villages and contributing to the economic growth of the area.
During its early years, Benaria Airstrip played a crucial role in facilitating trade and commerce, particularly in the coffee industry. The Highlands region is known for its fertile lands, ideal for growing high-quality coffee beans. With its reliable air transport services, the airstrip became instrumental in exporting coffee beans to international markets.
Over the decades, Benaria Airstrip has evolved into a lifeline for the local communities, providing vital access to medical services, education, and other essential resources. Its strategic location amidst the rugged unexplored terrains makes it an indispensable transportation link, enabling locals to travel to urban centers for medical treatment and patients to be airlifted in case of emergencies.
Today, Benaria Airstrip continues to play an integral role in connecting the remote highland communities of Papua New Guinea to the rest of the world. The airstrip serves as a testament to the impact of infrastructure development in fostering economic growth, improving livelihoods, and enhancing the overall quality of life for the people residing in this beautiful yet isolated part of the country.
Other Airports in Hela, Papua New Guinea
- Agali Airstrip
- Ambua Airstrip
- Arou Airstrip
- Auwi Airstrip
- Benaria Airstrip
- Fugwa Airstrip
- Huya Airstrip
- Kelabo Airstrip
- Komo Airport
- Komo-Manda Airport
- Kopiago Airport
- Koroba Airport
- Pori Airstrip
- Tari Airport
- Yatoam Airstrip