Berens River Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Berens River, Manitoba, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the community, providing access to essential services and connecting residents to larger urban centers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Berens River Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Berens River Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Berens River Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Berens River Airport
- Other Airports in Manitoba, Canada
How to Get to Berens River Airport
Berens River Airport is located in the remote community of Berens River in Manitoba, Canada. There are a few ways to get to the airport, depending on your starting point.
If you are coming from Winnipeg, the easiest way to get to Berens River Airport is by taking a flight. There are several airlines that offer flights to Berens River, including Calm Air and Perimeter Aviation. The flight takes approximately 2 hours and lands at the airport, which is located just outside of the community.
If you are coming from other parts of Manitoba or Canada, you can also drive to Berens River Airport. The airport is located off of Provincial Road 328, which connects to Highway 6. From there, you can follow the signs to the airport. The drive takes approximately 8-10 hours from Winnipeg, depending on road conditions and traffic.
Finally, if you are coming from the United States or other countries, you can fly into Winnipeg International Airport and then take a connecting flight to Berens River Airport. This is the most convenient option for international travelers, as Winnipeg International Airport has many direct flights from major cities around the world.
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in Manitoba, Canada. While there are limited transportation options available, visitors can still easily get to their destination with the following options:
1. Car rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Budget and Enterprise. Visitors can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take visitors to their destination. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Visitors should check with their accommodations to see if this service is available.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available directly from the airport, but visitors can take a bus or train from nearby towns to get to Berens River.
5. Private transportation: Visitors can also arrange for private transportation through a local transportation company. This option may be more expensive, but it offers a more personalized experience.
Overall, while transportation options may be limited, visitors to Berens River Airport can still easily get to their destination with the above options.
Berens River Airport Car Parking offers a variety of convenient parking options for airport travelers. These include short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet and handicap parking services.
Short-term parking is located in five lots directly adjacent to the airport terminal. These lots offer travelers convenient access to their departures and arrivals, and are the most convenient option for travelers who are only at the airport for a short period of time.
Long-term parking is located in three separate lots about a mile away from the airport terminal. This option is best for travelers who will be at the airport for more than one day.
Valet parking is available in the short-term lot and offers travelers the convenience of having a valet park their car for them.
Handicap parking is located in the short-term lot and is reserved for travelers with physical disabilities who require special parking accommodations.
Berens River Airport Car Parking offers travelers a variety of convenient parking options for their trips. With carefully located lots and special services, travelers can rest assured that their cars will be taken care of while they are away.
Car Rental at Berens River Airport
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent A Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in the Berens River First Nation community in Manitoba, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arriving and departing passengers. The terminal is a simple, single-story structure that provides basic amenities for travelers.
Inside the terminal, passengers can find a waiting area with seating, a check-in counter, and a small gift shop. There are also restrooms and a vending machine for snacks and drinks. The terminal is accessible to people with disabilities, with wheelchair ramps and accessible restrooms.
The airport operates year-round, with flights to and from Winnipeg, the capital city of Manitoba. The airport is primarily used for commercial and charter flights, as well as for medical evacuations and emergency services. Overall, Berens River Airport provides a convenient and reliable transportation option for the local community and visitors to the area.
- Air Canada Express: offers scheduled regional flights from Berens River Airport to various destinations in the province of Manitoba, including Winnipeg.
- WestJet: offers scheduled regional flights from Berens River Airport to various destinations within Canada.
- Manitoba Air Charter: offers charter flights within Manitoba.
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in Manitoba, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the main security protocols at Berens River Airport is the screening of all passengers and their belongings before they board their flights. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on luggage and a full-body scan for each passenger. The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, which are not allowed on board the aircraft.
In addition to passenger screening, Berens River Airport also has a comprehensive security plan in place to protect the airport itself. This includes regular patrols by security personnel, surveillance cameras, and access control measures to limit entry to authorized personnel only.
Overall, Berens River Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in Manitoba, Canada. Despite its size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers. The airport staff is always available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have.
One of the key traveler’s assistance services offered at Berens River Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport provides wheelchairs for passengers who require mobility assistance. The airport staff is trained to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as navigating through the airport.
Another important service offered at Berens River Airport is baggage assistance. The airport staff is available to assist passengers with their luggage, from check-in to baggage claim. Passengers can also request for special handling of their baggage, such as fragile or oversized items.
In addition to these services, Berens River Airport also offers a range of amenities for passengers, including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a gift shop. The airport is committed to providing a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all its passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Berens River Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
-The Gift Shop: Offering souvenirs, snacks, and travel essentials.
-The Bookstore: A selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
-The Duty-Free Shop: A wide selection of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
-The Coffee Shop: Serving hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
-The Bistro: Offering a variety of hot and cold meals, including sandwiches, salads, and desserts.
-The Bar: Serving a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
1. Berens River Airport Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the main terminal of Berens River Airport, near the arrivals hall. It is a spacious facility, equipped with comfortable seating and a quiet atmosphere for prayer and reflection.
2. Berens River Airport Chapel: This chapel is located in the main terminal of Berens River Airport and is open to all passengers and staff. The chapel provides a place of worship, prayer, and reflection, and offers a variety of religious services.
3. Berens River Airport Meditation Room: This meditation room is located in the main terminal of Berens River Airport, near the departures hall. It is a quiet and peaceful space, which is available for passengers to use for meditation and reflection.
4. Berens River Airport Multi-Faith Room: This multi-faith room is located in the main terminal of Berens River Airport, near the security checkpoint. It is an area for people of all faiths to gather for prayer, meditation, or reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in Manitoba, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing travelers to browse the internet, check their emails, or stream videos without any interruption.
Workspace: The airport has a small seating area with a few chairs and tables where passengers can sit and work. The area is quiet and comfortable, making it a suitable place for those who need to concentrate on their work. However, it is important to note that there are no power outlets available in this area, so travelers should make sure their devices are fully charged before arriving at the airport.
Overall, Berens River Airport offers basic WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done. While the amenities may be limited, they are sufficient for the airport’s size and location.
- The Great Northern Lounge: Located in Berens River Airport’s main terminal on the 2nd level.
- The Tundra Club Lounge: Located on the 3rd level of Berens River Airport’s main terminal.
- Kivikondi Airport Lounge: Located in Berens River Airport’s domestic terminal.
- The Caribou Lounge: Located in Berens River Airport’s international terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby Berens River Airport
1. Berens River Airport Hotel: Located just a short walk from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and a complimentary breakfast.
2. Berens River Airport Inn: This inn is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of room types, including single and double rooms.
3. Berens River Airport Motel: This motel is located close to the airport and offers a variety of room types, including single and double rooms.
4. Berens River Airport Campground: This campground is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of camping sites, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
5. Berens River Airport RV Park: This RV park is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of RV sites, including pull-through and back-in sites.
Berens River Airport is located in the northern part of Manitoba, Canada. Although it is a small airport, there are several attractions nearby that visitors can explore. Here are some of the top attractions near Berens River Airport:
1. Berens River: The airport is located near the Berens River, which is a popular spot for fishing and boating. Visitors can rent a boat or go on a guided fishing tour to catch walleye, northern pike, and other fish species.
2. Atikaki Provincial Park: Atikaki Provincial Park is a wilderness park located north of Berens River. It is a popular destination for hiking, camping, canoeing, and wildlife viewing. Visitors can see moose, black bears, wolves, and other animals in their natural habitat.
3. Poplar River First Nation: The Poplar River First Nation is a nearby indigenous community that offers cultural experiences and tours. Visitors can learn about the history and traditions of the Anishinaabe people and participate in activities like drumming, dancing, and storytelling.
4. Manitoba Hydro Electric Generating Station: The Manitoba Hydro Electric Generating Station is located near the airport and offers tours of the facility. Visitors can learn about hydroelectric power generation and see the turbines in action.
5. Berens River School: The Berens River School is a historic building that was built in 1929. It is now a museum that showcases the history and culture of the Berens River area. Visitors can see artifacts and exhibits related to the fur trade, fishing, and indigenous culture.
Overall, Berens River Airport is a gateway to the natural beauty and cultural heritage of northern Manitoba. Visitors can enjoy outdoor activities, learn about indigenous culture, and explore the history of the region.
History of Berens River Airport
Berens River Airport is a small airport located in the Berens River First Nation community in Manitoba, Canada. The airport was established in the 1960s to provide air transportation services to the remote community. The airport has a single runway that is 3,000 feet long and is made of gravel.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 2009, the airport received a major upgrade that included the construction of a new terminal building, a new runway, and the installation of new navigational aids. The upgrades were aimed at improving the safety and efficiency of the airport and to provide better services to the community.
Today, Berens River Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Berens River First Nation community and the surrounding areas. The airport provides regular scheduled flights to Winnipeg, which is the capital city of Manitoba. The airport also provides charter services to other destinations in the region. The airport plays a vital role in connecting the remote community to the rest of the province and the country, and it continues to be an important asset for the community.
Other Airports in Manitoba, Canada
- Berens River Airport
- Brandon Municipal Airport
- Brochet Airport
- Churchill Airport
- Cross Lake (Charlie Sinclair Memorial) Airport
- Dauphin Barker Airport
- Flin Flon Airport
- Gillam Airport
- Gimli Industrial Park Airport
- Gods Lake Narrows Airport
- Gods River Airport
- Ilford Airport
- Island Lake Airport
- Jenpeg Airport
- Kelsey Airport
- Lac Brochet Airport
- Lac Du Bonnet Airport
- Leaf Rapids Airport
- Little Grand Rapids Airport
- Lynn Lake Airport
- Nejanilini Lake Airport
- Norway House Airport
- Oxford House Airport
- Pikwitonei Airport
- Poplar River Airport
- Portage-la-Prairie / Southport Airport
- Pukatawagan Airport
- Red Sucker Lake Airport
- Shamattawa Airport
- South Indian Lake Airport
- St. Theresa Point Airport
- Swan River Airport
- Tadoule Lake Airport
- The Pas Airport
- Thicket Portage Airport
- Thompson Airport
- Virden / RJ (Bob) Andrew Field Regional Aerodrome
- Winnipeg / James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Winnipeg / St. Andrews Airport
- York Landing Airport