Bergen Airport, Flesland is the second-busiest airport in Norway, located in the municipality of Bergen. It serves as a hub for several airlines, including Norwegian Air Shuttle and Widerøe, and offers both domestic and international flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Bergen Airport, Flesland
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Bergen Airport, Flesland
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Bergen Airport, Flesland
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Bergen Airport, Flesland
- Other Airports in Vestland, Norway
How to Get to Bergen Airport, Flesland
Bergen Airport, Flesland is located approximately 20 kilometers south of Bergen city center. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
The most convenient way to get to Bergen Airport is by taking the airport shuttle bus, Flybussen. The bus departs from several locations in Bergen city center, including the central bus station and the fish market. The journey takes around 30 minutes and tickets can be purchased online or on board the bus.
Another option is to take a taxi or Uber. Taxis are readily available throughout Bergen and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey to the airport takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport. There are both short-term and long-term parking options, with rates varying depending on the length of stay. The airport is well signposted from the main roads and can be easily accessed by car.
Overall, getting to Bergen Airport, Flesland is straightforward and there are several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget.
Bergen Airport, Flesland is the second-busiest airport in Norway, serving millions of passengers each year. To help travelers get to and from the airport, there are several transportation options available. Here are some of the most popular:
1. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city center and surrounding areas by bus. The Flybussen airport shuttle is a popular option, with frequent departures and stops at major hotels and tourist attractions. There are also local buses that serve the airport, with routes to Bergen and nearby towns.
2. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport, with a dedicated taxi rank outside the terminal building. The journey to the city center takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have desks at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a good option for those who want to explore the surrounding area at their own pace.
4. Train: While there is no direct train connection to the airport, it is possible to take a train from Bergen city center to the nearby town of Flesland, where the airport is located. From there, it’s a short bus or taxi ride to the terminal.
5. Bicycle: For those who enjoy cycling, there is a bike rental service at the airport. Bergen is a bike-friendly city, with plenty of cycle paths and scenic routes to explore.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Bergen Airport, Flesland is easy and convenient.
Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. The airport has both short-term and long-term parking facilities available.
The short-term parking lot is located directly outside the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those dropping off or picking up passengers. The lot is open 24/7 and offers hourly and daily rates.
For those needing to park for an extended period, the airport offers several long-term parking options. The P1 and P2 parking lots are located within walking distance of the terminal and offer both covered and uncovered parking. The P3 parking lot is located a bit further away but offers a free shuttle service to the terminal.
All of the parking lots at Bergen Airport, Flesland are secure and monitored 24/7, providing peace of mind for travelers. Additionally, the airport offers online booking for parking, making it easy to reserve a spot in advance and ensure a stress-free start to your journey.
Car Rental at Bergen Airport, Flesland
Bergen Airport, Flesland Terminals is the second-busiest airport in Norway, serving over 6 million passengers annually. Located in the municipality of Bergen, the airport is situated approximately 20 kilometers south of the city center. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a covered walkway.
Terminal 1 is the main terminal and serves both domestic and international flights. It has a wide range of facilities, including shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as a duty-free store. The terminal also has a VIP lounge, which offers a comfortable and relaxing environment for passengers who want to unwind before their flight.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for domestic flights. It has a limited range of facilities, but passengers can still find a few shops and cafes to grab a quick bite or a drink. The terminal also has a children’s play area, which is perfect for families traveling with young children.
Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland Terminals is a modern and efficient airport that offers a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. With its range of facilities and services, it is well-equipped to handle the needs of both domestic and international travelers.
1. Norwegian Air Shuttle
2. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
3. Wizz Air
4. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
5. British Airways
8. Air France
9. Turkish Airlines
13. Swiss International Air Lines
16. Air Baltic
17. Vueling Airlines
18. Atlantic Airways
19. DAT Danish Air Transport
20. BRA Braathens Regional Airlines.
Bergen Airport, Flesland is one of the busiest airports in Norway, serving millions of passengers every year. As a result, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
The security measures at Bergen Airport, Flesland include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners. All passengers are required to pass through these machines before boarding their flights. In addition, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the premises and respond to any security threats.
Passengers are also required to present valid identification documents such as passports or national identity cards before boarding their flights. The airport has a strict policy on liquids, aerosols, and gels, which must be placed in clear plastic bags and not exceed 100ml. Any items that are deemed a security risk are confiscated by the airport security team.
Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the latest security threats and technologies. Passengers can be assured that they are in safe hands when travelling through Bergen Airport, Flesland.
Bergen Airport, Flesland is the second-busiest airport in Norway, serving over 6 million passengers annually. The airport is located approximately 20 kilometers south of Bergen city center and is easily accessible by car, bus, and light rail. The airport offers a range of services and facilities to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the key services offered at Bergen Airport, Flesland is traveler’s assistance. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including mobility assistance, language translation, and general information about the airport and its facilities. The traveler’s assistance team is available 24/7 and can be contacted via the airport’s information desk or by phone.
In addition to traveler’s assistance, Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a range of other services and facilities to enhance the passenger experience. These include a variety of dining and shopping options, free Wi-Fi throughout the airport, and a range of lounges for passengers to relax in before their flight. The airport also has a range of environmentally friendly initiatives in place, including a solar power plant and a rainwater harvesting system. Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland is a modern and efficient airport that offers a range of services and facilities to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Bergen Airport, Flesland is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the shops and restaurants you can find at the airport:
1. Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, and tobacco.
2. Fashion and Accessories: You can find a variety of fashion and accessory stores at the airport, including Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, and Swarovski.
3. Souvenir Shops: If you’re looking for a souvenir to take back home, you can find a variety of shops that offer traditional Norwegian gifts and souvenirs.
4. Convenience Stores: There are several convenience stores at the airport that offer snacks, drinks, and other travel essentials.
1. Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
2. O’Learys: This restaurant offers a range of American-style dishes, including burgers, ribs, and wings.
3. Upper Crust: This bakery offers a variety of freshly baked bread, pastries, and sandwiches.
4. Foodmarket: This restaurant offers a range of international dishes, including sushi, pizza, and pasta.
Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Bergen Airport, Flesland offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: This prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the domestic departures area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers of all faiths.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian Chapel is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or attend a service.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or perform ablutions.
4. Quiet Room: The Quiet Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to meditate or reflect in a peaceful environment.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a quiet and peaceful space for passengers to pray or worship. They are maintained regularly and are equipped with necessary facilities to ensure the comfort of passengers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
For those who need to get some work done, Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a number of workspace facilities. The airport has several quiet areas where passengers can work in peace, as well as a number of charging stations where they can keep their devices powered up.
In addition, the airport has a business lounge that is available to passengers who need a more private and comfortable workspace. The lounge is equipped with comfortable seating, high-speed WiFi, and a range of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages.
Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities that are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to stay connected or get some work done, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable during your time at the airport.
Bergen Airport, Flesland offers travelers two comfortable lounge spaces to relax, work, or have a snack before their flight. Here are the two lounge locations:
- First Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departure Hall, on the 1st floor, near Gate 6.
- Second Lounge: Located in the International Departure Hall, on the 2nd floor, near Gate 18.
Accomodation Options Nearby Bergen Airport, Flesland
Bergen Airport, Flesland offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you’re on a tight budget or seeking a luxurious stay, there’s something for everyone. Here are the accommodation options available at Bergen Airport, Flesland:
1. Budget-Friendly Hotels: If you’re looking for a wallet-friendly option, there are several budget hotels in close proximity to the airport. These hotels offer comfortable rooms, basic amenities, and a convenient location for a quick stopover or short stay.
2. Bed and Breakfasts: For a cozy and intimate experience, consider staying at one of the charming bed and breakfasts near the airport. Here, you can indulge in a homemade breakfast and enjoy personalized hospitality from friendly hosts.
3. Mid-Range Hotels: There are numerous mid-range hotels available near Bergen Airport, Flesland that provide a comfortable stay without breaking the bank. These hotels typically offer modern amenities, spacious rooms, and convenience for both leisure and business travelers.
4. Airport Hotels: For utmost convenience, you can opt for hotels located directly at the airport. These hotels ensure easy access to the terminals, making them ideal for early morning departures or late-night arrivals. They often provide shuttle services, elegant rooms, restaurants, and fitness facilities.
5. Independent Hotels: Bergen Airport, Flesland also boasts some independent hotels that offer a unique and personalized experience. These hotels often feature stylish designs, locally-inspired cuisine, and a friendly ambiance, allowing you to immerse yourself in the region’s culture and charm.
6. Luxury Resorts: If you desire an extravagant stay, there are luxurious resorts available near the airport. These high-end accommodations offer lavish amenities such as spa facilities, gourmet dining, scenic views, and impeccable service. Perfect for those seeking indulgence and relaxation.
7. Boutique Hotels: For a touch of individuality and sophistication, boutique hotels near Bergen Airport, Flesland are an excellent choice. These properties feature chic decor, distinctive themes, and a personalized approach to guest service, ensuring a memorable stay.
These diverse accommodation options ensure there is something suitable for every traveler’s budget and preferences at Bergen Airport, Flesland. Whether you’re looking for affordability or luxury, comfort or uniqueness, you’ll find a suitable place to stay near this bustling airport.
1. Fantoft Stave Church: Located just a short distance from Bergen Airport, Flesland, the Fantoft Stave Church is a must-visit attraction. This beautifully preserved wooden church dates back to the 12th century and provides visitors with a unique insight into Norway’s rich history and architectural heritage.
2. Troldhaugen: Music enthusiasts will definitely want to visit Troldhaugen, the former home of the renowned Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg. This museum and concert venue offers visitors the opportunity to explore Grieg’s life, enjoy his music in captivating concerts, and stroll through the stunning surroundings of Lake Nordås.
3. Gamlehaugen: Situated on the shores of the picturesque Nordåsvannet Lake, Gamlehaugen serves as the official residence of the King of Norway in Bergen. This magnificent mansion, surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens, provides a regal experience and allows tourists to glimpse into the country’s royal history.
4. Bergenhus Fortress: As one of the oldest fortresses in Norway, Bergenhus Fortress is a popular attraction situated near Bergen Airport. Visitors can explore the historic grounds, including the medieval Håkon’s Hall, the Rosenkrantz Tower, and the fascinating dungeons. The fortress also offers a panoramic view of the city and the stunning surrounding fjords.
5. Mount Fløyen: Reachable via the Fløibanen funicular, Mount Fløyen offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city of Bergen and its surrounding fjords. Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy hiking or biking along the scenic trails, while families can take advantage of the playgrounds and the opportunity to meet local wildlife at the Fløyen Mini Zoo.
6. Bergen Fish Market: Located in the heart of Bergen, the Fish Market (Fisketorget) is a lively and vibrant open-air market that showcases the freshest seafood Norway has to offer. Visitors can sample local delicacies like smoked salmon, shrimp, and king crab, or purchase traditional handcrafted souvenirs and clothing from the nearby vendors.
7. Mount Ulriken: For those seeking a more challenging outdoor adventure, a visit to Mount Ulriken is a must. The highest of Bergen’s iconic “Seven Mountains,” Ulriken boasts stunning views and the opportunity to go on a range of activities including hiking, paragliding, and zip-lining.
8. Bergen Aquarium: Situated near the city center, Bergen Aquarium presents a fascinating array of marine life from the fjords and seas surrounding Norway. Visitors can observe penguins, seals, sharks, and other exotic creatures up close, and even indulge in interactive activities such as feeding and stroking some of the animals.
9. Bryggen Wharf: Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Bryggen Wharf is an iconic symbol of Bergen’s former Hanseatic trading history. These iconic wooden buildings house a vibrant mix of souvenir shops, art galleries, and restaurants, offering visitors a charming glimpse into the city’s past while providing a delightful shopping and dining experience.
10. Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene: Delve deeper into the fascinating Hanseatic history of Bergen by visiting the Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene. Exciting exhibits showcase the life and work of the Hanseatic merchants who conducted business in the city during the Middle Ages. The museum also offers an intriguing insight into the living conditions of the merchants through guided tours of the preserved Schøtstuene assembly rooms.
History of Bergen Airport, Flesland
Bergen Airport, Flesland is the second-busiest airport in Norway, located in the municipality of Bergen. The airport was opened in 1955, and since then, it has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers. The airport is named after the nearby village of Flesland, which was the site of a German airfield during World War II.
In the early years, Bergen Airport, Flesland served as a hub for domestic flights within Norway. However, with the increase in international travel, the airport has expanded its services to include flights to several European destinations. Today, the airport serves over 6 million passengers annually, making it an important gateway to Norway.
In recent years, Bergen Airport, Flesland has undergone a major renovation project, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. The new terminal building features modern facilities and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges. The airport also has a strong focus on sustainability, with several initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact. Overall, Bergen Airport, Flesland has a rich history and continues to play a vital role in connecting Norway to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Vestland, Norway