Beru Airport, located in the stunning island nation of Kiribati, serves as a key transportation hub for travelers visiting the remote Beru Island. With its limited infrastructure, the airport caters to small aircraft and plays a vital role in connecting the island’s inhabitants to the rest of the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Beru Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Beru Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Beru Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Beru Airport
- Other Airports in Gilbert Islands, Kiribati
How to Get to Beru Airport
To get to Beru Airport in Kiribati, you can take a flight from Bonriki International Airport in Tarawa, the capital city of Kiribati. Bonriki International Airport is the main gateway to Kiribati and is well-connected with international flights. Once you have landed at Tarawa, you will need to catch a domestic flight to Beru Island, where Beru Airport is located.
The domestic flight from Tarawa to Beru Island is operated by Air Kiribati, the national airline of Kiribati. These flights are available on specific days, so it is advisable to check the schedule beforehand. The duration of the domestic flight from Tarawa to Beru Island is approximately 1 hour, but this may vary based on weather conditions.
Upon arrival at Beru Airport, you will find basic facilities like a small terminal building and transportation options, such as taxis or private cars. It is recommended to make prior arrangements for your transportation from the airport to your desired destination on Beru Island. You can find several accommodation options on Beru Island as well, ranging from guesthouses to small hotels. Enjoy your visit to Beru Island!
When traveling to Beru Airport in Kiribati, visitors have a few transportation options to choose from. While the remote location may limit the availability of choices, there are still ways to get to and from the airport comfortably.
1. Taxi: Taxis are the most common way to travel to and from Beru Airport. You can find them waiting outside the terminal building. Though the number of taxis may be limited, they provide a convenient and reliable option. It is advisable to negotiate the fare beforehand as taxis in Kiribati often do not operate on meters.
2. Hiring a private vehicle: Another option is to hire a private vehicle to pick you up or drop you off at Beru Airport. Some local car rental companies offer this service for a fee. This can be a suitable choice if you prefer privacy or have specific travel requirements.
3. Public Transportation: Kiribati’s public transportation system is not as well-developed as in other countries, but it is still an option for reaching Beru Airport. Small buses or “collectivos” run on specific routes and schedules, connecting nearby towns and villages. However, it is essential to check the operating hours and routes in advance, as services may be limited.
4. Walking or Cycling: As Beru Airport is situated in a remote location, walking or cycling may be feasible if you are staying nearby. This option can allow you to explore the scenic surroundings at your own pace. Ensure that you are well-prepared and have a clear understanding of the route before embarking on this option.
5. Hotel Shuttles: If you have booked accommodation with a nearby hotel or resort, it may offer shuttle services to and from Beru Airport. Often, international hotels and resorts have transportation arrangements in place to make their guests’ arrivals and departures more convenient.
It is always recommended to plan ahead and confirm transportation arrangements before arriving at Beru Airport, especially due to limited options in the area. Additionally, be mindful of local customs and practices, such as negotiating taxi fares in advance, to ensure a smooth travel experience.
Beru Airport in Kiribati offers convenient car parking facilities for travelers. Located on Beru Island in the South Tarawa Atoll, the airport provides an efficient and secure parking area for visitors. The parking lot is situated adjacent to the airport terminal, making it easily accessible for passengers.
Travelers can comfortably leave their vehicles in the designated parking area, ensuring their cars are well-protected during their time away. The parking facility is equipped with surveillance cameras and appropriate lighting, providing peace of mind to visitors. Additionally, the airport staff regularly patrol the parking area to ensure the safety and security of parked vehicles.
The strategic location of the parking lot allows travelers to conveniently access the airport terminal, making it hassle-free for them to check-in for their flights. Upon return, passengers can quickly and conveniently retrieve their vehicles without any unnecessary delays.
The car parking facilities at Beru Airport in Kiribati ensure a hassle-free experience for visitors, offering a secure and easily accessible place to leave their vehicles during their travels.
Car Rental at Beru Airport
Beru Airport, located in the idyllic island nation of Kiribati, is a domestic airport serving the residents of Beru Island. This small yet essential facility offers a convenient and efficient mode of transportation for travelers within the country. It boasts a simple and compact terminal, which adds to its charming appeal.
The terminal at Beru Airport provides a range of basic amenities, ensuring a comfortable travel experience for passengers. It features a waiting area with seating arrangements, allowing travelers to relax before their flight. The airport also provides essential facilities like restrooms and ticketing counters, making the journey hassle-free.
Although Beru Airport may not be as large or bustling as international airports, it serves as a vital gateway for tourists and locals alike. The airport offers connections to other islands within Kiribati, allowing visitors to explore the beautiful archipelago. Whether it’s for business or leisure, Beru Airport guarantees a friendly and welcoming environment, reflecting the warm hospitality of the Kiribati people.
With its tranquil surroundings and efficient services, Beru Airport remains an important transportation hub for residents of Beru Island. Whether commuters are embarking on a short domestic trip or connecting to other islands, this charming airport ensures a smooth journey and an introduction to the unique beauty of Kiribati.
Currently, there are two operating airlines at Beru Airport in Kiribati:
1. Air Kiribati
2. Coral Sun Airways
Beru Airport, located in Kiribati, follows strict security protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers and airport personnel. These protocols are implemented in order to mitigate potential risks and maintain a secure environment within the airport premises. The airport administration, in collaboration with government authorities, takes several measures to ensure the efficient implementation of these protocols.
Beru Airport maintains a robust access control system that restricts unauthorized individuals from entering designated areas. Passengers must undergo mandatory security screenings, including thorough luggage checks and body scanning, to detect any prohibited items or potential threats. Additionally, security personnel closely monitor the airport premises, ensuring that all activities are conducted in accordance with the established guidelines. This includes regular patrols, surveillance, and coordination with local law enforcement agencies.
To further enhance security, Beru Airport strictly adheres to internationally recognized safety regulations and operates in compliance with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards. This involves implementing efficient emergency response protocols, including regular drills to train staff and ensure seamless coordination in case of any contingency. Moreover, the airport administration constantly evaluates and upgrades its security systems to adapt to emerging security challenges, thus ensuring a safe and secure environment for travelers and airport staff.
In conclusion, Beru Airport maintains rigorous security protocols to guarantee the safety of everyone who passes through its facilities. These protocols encompass multiple measures such as access control, security screenings, surveillance, and compliance with international safety regulations. By robustly implementing and continuously improving these security measures, Beru Airport ensures that passengers can travel with peace of mind, knowing that their safety is the airport’s top priority.
Beru Airport, located in Kiribati, serves as an important travel hub for both domestic and international flights. Situated on Beru Island, which is part of the Gilbert Islands group, this small airport offers travelers a convenient entry point to explore the breathtaking natural beauty and unique cultural heritage of Kiribati. Traveler’s assistance services are available at Beru Airport to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey for visitors.
The airport staff at Beru Airport are committed to providing efficient and friendly assistance to travelers. Upon arrival, visitors can expect a warm welcome and guidance from the airport personnel who are always ready to answer any queries or provide necessary information. Whether it’s assistance with baggage, directions to local attractions, or arranging transportation, the staff are knowledgeable and eager to assist.
In addition to the helpful staff, Beru Airport offers basic amenities to facilitate a pleasant travel experience. The airport features clean restroom facilities, waiting areas, and a small cafeteria where travelers can grab refreshments or snacks. Although the airport is relatively small, it is well-maintained and ensures a hassle-free experience for passengers.
Overall, Beru Airport in Kiribati provides essential traveler’s assistance services, ensuring that visitors receive a warm welcome and convenient facilities upon their arrival. Whether you are a tourist eager to explore the natural wonders of Kiribati or a local returning home, Beru Airport strives to make your journey as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
Beru Airport in Kiribati offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you are looking for last-minute travel essentials or a delicious meal before your flight, the airport has got you covered.
The airport features a variety of shops where you can find a selection of items. From duty-free shops offering a wide range of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, and chocolates, to convenience stores that stock snacks, beverages, reading materials, and travel accessories, there is something for everyone. These shops provide a convenient option to purchase any forgotten items or indulge in some retail therapy before your journey.
When it comes to dining options, Beru Airport offers a couple of restaurants to satisfy your hunger. Whether you are in the mood for a quick bite or a more substantial meal, these eateries have a range of options to suit different tastes. Enjoy a selection of local and international dishes, including sandwiches, salads, hot meals, and desserts. The restaurants also offer a variety of beverages, ranging from refreshing juices to hot beverages, ensuring you stay hydrated and energized during your time at the airport.
The shops and restaurants at Beru Airport strive to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for all travelers. The friendly and helpful staff are there to assist you and ensure that your needs are met. So whether you are looking to grab a quick snack, buy some souvenirs, or simply relax and enjoy a meal, you can find everything you need at Beru Airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Beru Airport in Kiribati provides prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of religious travelers. These dedicated spaces are located within the airport premises, ensuring easy accessibility for passengers.
The prayer rooms at Beru Airport are designed to accommodate various religious practices and offer a peaceful environment for individuals seeking solace. These spaces are thoughtfully furnished with prayer mats, seating arrangements, and appropriate lighting to create a serene atmosphere.
Located near the airport’s main terminal, the prayer rooms at Beru Airport are easily identifiable and accessible to all passengers. They are well-maintained and kept clean to ensure a comfortable experience for those seeking a moment of prayer or reflection.
Additionally, Beru Airport also provides worship areas for specific religious groups. These areas are designated for communal worship and cater to the specific needs of different faiths. Whether it is a Christian chapel, a Muslim prayer room, or any other religious space, Beru Airport aims to accommodate the diverse beliefs and practices of its passengers.
Passengers traveling through Beru Airport can rest assured that their spiritual needs will be catered to within the airport premises. The prayer rooms and worship areas offer a quiet and respectful space for individuals to connect with their faith, providing a sense of comfort and tranquility during their journey.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Beru Airport, located in Kiribati, provides convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. Whether you are waiting for your flight or need to catch up on some work, the airport ensures that you stay connected and productive.
WiFi at Beru Airport is readily available throughout the terminal building. This reliable internet connection allows passengers to browse the web, check emails, and stay connected with loved ones. With a seamless connection, you can effortlessly access important information or simply unwind by streaming your favorite content.
For those who require a dedicated workspace, Beru Airport offers comfortable areas equipped with desks and chairs. These workspaces are designed to provide a quiet and conducive environment, allowing travelers to focus and complete their tasks efficiently. Whether you need to finish a business report or prepare for a meeting, you can rely on the airport’s well-appointed workspaces.
The airport also provides power outlets near the workspaces, ensuring that your devices stay charged throughout your stay. This feature is especially helpful for those who need to work on their laptops or recharge their smartphones while utilizing the workspace facilities.
In addition to the WiFi and workspace facilities, Beru Airport also boasts a range of amenities to enhance your overall experience. These include cozy seating areas, clean restrooms, and a variety of dining options, ensuring that your time at the airport is comfortable and enjoyable.
Overall, Beru Airport in Kiribati understands the importance of staying connected and productive while traveling. With its reliable WiFi and well-equipped workspaces, passengers can effortlessly manage their work commitments or simply stay connected with the world.
Accomodation Options Nearby Beru Airport
Beru Airport, located in Kiribati, offers a range of accommodation options suitable for various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a comfortable and affordable stay or seeking a luxurious and indulgent experience, there’s an accommodation option to suit your needs. Here are the various types of accommodations available near Beru Airport:
1. Homestays: Perfect for budget-conscious travelers, homestays offer an authentic local experience. Stay with a local family and immerse yourself in the warm Kiribati culture. These accommodations often provide basic amenities and the opportunity to try local cuisine.
2. Guesthouses: There are several guesthouses near Beru Airport that offer affordable rooms with essential amenities. These accommodations typically provide comfortable beds, private or shared bathrooms, and communal spaces where guests can interact and socialize.
3. Mid-range hotels: For those seeking a bit more comfort and convenience, mid-range hotels in the vicinity of Beru Airport provide a good balance between price and quality. These accommodations feature well-appointed rooms, private bathrooms, and additional facilities like restaurants, bars, and sometimes even swimming pools.
4. Beachfront resorts: Kiribati boasts stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters, and some resorts near Beru Airport take full advantage of this natural beauty. These resorts offer a mix of spacious rooms, bungalows, or villas with captivating ocean views. They often provide modern amenities, beach access, on-site restaurants, recreational activities, and personalized services.
5. Luxury resorts: If you’re seeking a luxurious experience, there are a few high-end resorts available near Beru Airport. These resorts offer opulent accommodations, sophisticated dining options, spa and wellness facilities, private pools, and personalized services. Guests can enjoy a secluded and serene environment with exclusive access to pristine beaches and other upscale amenities.
It’s important to note that Beru is a smaller island, and the options for accommodations may be limited. It’s advisable to plan and book in advance, especially during peak tourism seasons, to secure your preferred choice and dates.
Overall, Beru Airport provides a diverse range of accommodations, catering to a variety of budgets and preferences. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, a budget traveler, or looking for a luxury getaway, you’ll find a suitable place to stay near Beru Airport, ensuring a pleasant and memorable experience in Kiribati.
1. The wreck of MV “Kaitsy” – Just a short distance away from Beru Airport, you can explore the remains of the MV “Kaitsy”, a former Russian fishing vessel that ran aground. It offers a unique opportunity for snorkeling enthusiasts to explore its stunning marine life.
2. Beru Lagoon – Situated near Beru Airport, Beru Lagoon is a picturesque natural wonder featuring crystal-clear turquoise waters. Visitors can swim, kayak, or take a boat ride while enjoying the magnificent surroundings.
3. Traditional Kiribati Village – Experience the local culture by visiting one of the traditional Kiribati villages located near the airport. Witness the local way of life, learn about their customs, and enjoy their warm hospitality.
4. Captain Cook’s Landing Site – Visit the spot where Captain James Cook, the famous British explorer, arrived in Kiribati in 1777. This historical site offers a glimpse into the island’s colonial past and has a serene beach ideal for relaxation.
5. Makin Island – A short ferry ride away from Beru Airport, Makin Island is a must-visit attraction. Its golden sandy beaches, lush palm trees, and vibrant marine life make it perfect for snorkeling, fishing, and experiencing the tropical paradise of Kiribati.
6. Cook Islands – A popular day trip destination, the Cook Islands are a group of stunning coral atolls boasting pristine beaches and tropical scenery. Take a boat tour, go snorkeling, or simply relax under the sun on the Cook Islands’ idyllic white sands.
7. Birdwatching – Beru Island is home to a variety of bird species, making it a paradise for birdwatching enthusiasts. Grab your binoculars and explore the local flora and fauna, spotting rare bird species such as the Pacific golden plover or the red-tailed tropicbird.
8. Beru Sea Wall – Take a stroll along the picturesque Beru Sea Wall, stretching along the coastline near the airport. Enjoy panoramic views of the ocean, watch the waves crash against the wall, and witness the breathtaking sunsets that light up the sky.
9. Local Handicraft Markets – Explore the local handicraft markets near the airport, where you can find beautiful handmade products such as woven mats, baskets, and traditional shell jewelry. These markets provide the perfect opportunity to support local artisans and bring home unique souvenirs.
10. Snorkeling and Diving – With its thriving coral reefs and diverse marine life, Beru Island offers fantastic opportunities for snorkeling and diving. Explore the colorful coral gardens, spot tropical fish, and perhaps even encounter sea turtles or gentle manta rays.
Please note that some attractions may be subject to availability or seasonal changes, so it is always advisable to check with local tourism authorities before your visit.
History of Beru Airport
Beru Airport is a small airfield located on Beru Island, one of the southern Gilbert Islands in Kiribati. The history of Beru Airport is intertwined with the overall history of Kiribati, a Pacific island nation that gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1979.
The airport’s construction can be traced back to the early 1970s when Kiribati, then known as the Gilbert Islands, was under British administration. The purpose of building Beru Airport was to improve air access and enhance connectivity for the local population residing on Beru Island. The airfield was constructed by the British authorities with a grass runway and basic facilities.
Over the years, Beru Airport has served as a crucial transportation hub for the people of Beru Island. It has played a pivotal role in facilitating domestic travel and connecting the residents to other parts of Kiribati. The airport primarily operates small aircraft that serve domestic flights, connecting Beru Island to other islands within the country.
Given its small size and limited infrastructure, Beru Airport’s operations are modest compared to international airports. Nevertheless, it remains an integral part of the transportation network in Kiribati, serving the needs of the local population and supporting regional connectivity. The airport’s history reflects its significance in improving accessibility and connecting the people of Beru Island to the wider world.
Other Airports in Gilbert Islands, Kiribati
- Abaiang Airport
- Abemama Airport
- Aranuka Airport
- Arorae Island Airport
- Beru Airport
- Bonriki International Airport
- Butaritari Airport
- Kuria Airport
- Maiana Airport
- Makin Island Airport
- Marakei Airport
- Nikunau Airport
- Nonouti Airport
- Onotoa Airport
- Tabiteuea North Airport
- Tabiteuea South Airport
- Tamana Island Airport