Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as connecting residents to larger cities and towns.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Big Trout Lake Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Big Trout Lake Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Big Trout Lake Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Big Trout Lake Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Big Trout Lake Airport
Big Trout Lake Airport is located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. There are a few ways to get to the airport, but the most common method is by air. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Wasaya Airways, North Star Air, and Thunder Airlines. These airlines offer regular flights to and from the airport, connecting it to major cities in Ontario and other parts of Canada.
If you are traveling to Big Trout Lake Airport by car, the only road access is via the winter road, which is only open during the winter months. The winter road connects the airport to the town of Pickle Lake, which is approximately 180 kilometers away. However, it is important to note that the winter road is only accessible to experienced drivers with the appropriate equipment, as it can be treacherous and unpredictable.
Another option for getting to Big Trout Lake Airport is by boat. The airport is located on the shores of Big Trout Lake, which is accessible by boat from other nearby lakes and waterways. However, this method of transportation is only recommended for experienced boaters, as the lake can be unpredictable and dangerous, especially during inclement weather.
Overall, the easiest and most reliable way to get to Big Trout Lake Airport is by air. With regular flights from several airlines, it is the most convenient and efficient way to reach this remote airport.
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: There is a taxi service available at the airport that can take you to your destination in Big Trout Lake. The taxi service is reliable and affordable, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the area.
2. Car Rental: There are several car rental companies located near the airport that offer a variety of vehicles for rent. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the area on your own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and lodges in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you are staying at one of these locations.
4. Private Transportation: If you prefer a more personalized transportation experience, there are private transportation companies that offer airport transfers and other transportation services in the area.
5. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available in Big Trout Lake, but there are several bus companies that operate in the surrounding areas. You can take a bus to nearby towns and cities and then arrange for transportation to Big Trout Lake.
Overall, there are several transportation options available at Big Trout Lake Airport, and travelers can choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Big Trout Lake Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. There are two parking areas available at the airport, both located close to the terminal building.
The first parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is reserved for short-term parking. This area is ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers and is available for a maximum of two hours.
The second parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is reserved for long-term parking. This area is ideal for those traveling for an extended period and is available for a maximum of 30 days.
Both parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Parking rates are affordable and can be paid at the self-serve kiosk located in the terminal building.
Overall, Big Trout Lake Airport provides convenient and secure car parking options for travelers, making it easy to park your vehicle and catch your flight with peace of mind.
Car Rental at Big Trout Lake Airport
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent A Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for arrivals and one for departures. Both terminals are small and basic, but they provide all the necessary services for passengers.
The arrival terminal has a small waiting area with a few chairs and a television. There is also a baggage claim area where passengers can collect their luggage. The terminal is staffed by friendly and helpful airport personnel who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have.
The departure terminal is similarly small and basic, with a few chairs and a check-in counter. There is also a small gift shop where passengers can purchase snacks and souvenirs. The terminal is equipped with all the necessary security measures to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings.
Overall, while the terminals at Big Trout Lake Airport may be small, they provide all the necessary services for passengers traveling to and from this remote community. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, making the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Big Trout Lake Airport (YTL) is served by two airline carriers: Bearskin Airlines and Wasaya Airways.
- Bearskin Airlines offers direct flights to and from Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay, and Red Lake.
- Wasaya Airways offers direct flights to and from Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, Pickle Lake, and Red Lake.
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes security very seriously. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding any flights. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a full body scan for passengers.
In addition to the standard security measures, Big Trout Lake Airport also has a number of other protocols in place to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. For example, the airport has a strict no-fly zone around its perimeter, which is enforced by the Canadian Air Force. This helps to prevent unauthorized aircraft from entering the airspace around the airport.
The airport also has a number of security cameras installed throughout the terminal and on the tarmac. These cameras are monitored 24/7 by trained security personnel, who are able to quickly respond to any suspicious activity. Additionally, the airport has a team of trained security officers who are on duty at all times to provide an extra layer of protection.
Overall, Big Trout Lake Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures help to provide peace of mind to those traveling through the airport, and ensure that everyone can enjoy a safe and comfortable journey.
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. The airport provides essential transportation services to the community, connecting it to other parts of the region and the country. Travelers who use this airport can benefit from a range of assistance services that are available to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
One of the primary traveler’s assistance services available at Big Trout Lake Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport staff is trained to provide assistance to travelers who require a wheelchair to move around the airport. The staff can help with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as navigating the airport terminal. Additionally, the airport has wheelchair-accessible facilities, including washrooms and parking spaces.
Another assistance service available to travelers at Big Trout Lake Airport is baggage handling. The airport staff can assist travelers with their luggage, including loading and unloading it from the aircraft. This service is particularly helpful for travelers who have heavy or bulky luggage or who require assistance due to mobility issues.
Finally, travelers at Big Trout Lake Airport can benefit from the airport’s customer service desk. The desk is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who can provide information and assistance on a range of travel-related issues, including flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport facilities. The customer service desk is also available to help travelers with any issues or concerns they may have during their travel experience. Overall, the traveler’s assistance services available at Big Trout Lake Airport can help ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Big Trout Lake Airport Cafe: This cozy cafe offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks and sandwiches.
2. Big Trout Lake Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items to help you remember your trip.
3. Big Trout Lake Airport Newsstand: This newsstand offers a selection of newspapers and magazines from around the world.
4. Big Trout Lake Airport Bar: This bar offers a selection of beer, wine, and spirits, as well as light snacks.
5. Big Trout Lake Airport Duty Free Store: This store offers a selection of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and perfume.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Big Trout Lake Airport does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas on its premises. However, visitors and passengers are welcome to use the airport’s public spaces for personal prayer and meditation. There are also several nearby places of worship for those who wish to attend religious services. The closest church is the St. Theresa Roman Catholic Church, located about 2.5 kilometers from the airport. Additionally, there is a United Church of Canada and a Pentecostal church located within a 10-minute drive from the airport. Visitors are advised to check the worship schedules and service times before attending.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size and location, the airport offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi for all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing you to browse the internet, check your email, or stream videos without any issues. The password for the WiFi network is available at the airport information desk.
Workspace Facilities: The airport does not have a dedicated workspace area, but there are a few seating areas where you can set up your laptop or tablet and work comfortably. The airport has a small waiting area with chairs and tables, as well as a few benches outside the terminal building. These areas are quiet and peaceful, making them ideal for getting some work done.
Power Outlets: The airport has a few power outlets scattered throughout the terminal building, allowing you to charge your electronic devices while you work or wait for your flight. However, these outlets are limited, so it’s a good idea to bring a portable charger or power bank with you.
Overall, while Big Trout Lake Airport may not have extensive facilities, it does offer some basic amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done. The free WiFi and quiet seating areas make it a convenient and comfortable place to spend some time before your flight.
- Lounge 1 at Big Trout Lake Airport: Located in the main terminal, this lounge offers comfortable seating and complimentary snacks and drinks.
- Lounge 2 at Big Trout Lake Airport: Located in the international terminal, this lounge offers premium amenities and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Lounge 3 at Big Trout Lake Airport: Located in the domestic terminal, this lounge offers a variety of food and beverage options as well as comfortable seating.
Accomodation Options Nearby Big Trout Lake Airport
Big Trout Lake Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers.
1. Big Trout Lodge: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this lodge offers comfortable rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and lounge.
2. Big Trout Inn: This inn is located in the heart of the village and offers cozy rooms and a restaurant.
3. Big Trout Campground: This campground is located on the edge of the lake and offers tent and RV sites, as well as a convenience store.
4. Big Trout Cabins: These cabins are located in a secluded area and offer a variety of amenities, including a hot tub, fire pit, and BBQ.
5. Big Trout B&B: This bed and breakfast is located in the village and offers comfortable rooms and a delicious breakfast.
1. Big Trout Lake: The airport is located near the beautiful Big Trout Lake, which is a popular destination for fishing, boating, and swimming.
2. Ojibway Provincial Park: This park is located just a short drive from the airport and offers visitors the chance to explore the natural beauty of the area through hiking, camping, and wildlife watching.
3. Sandy Beach: This beach is located on the shores of Big Trout Lake and is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
4. Fishing: Big Trout Lake is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, with a variety of fish species including walleye, northern pike, and lake trout.
5. Cultural experiences: Visitors to the area can learn about the local Indigenous culture through visits to the nearby First Nations communities and cultural centers.
6. Winter activities: In the winter months, visitors can enjoy snowmobiling, ice fishing, and cross-country skiing in the surrounding area.
7. Local events: The area hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including fishing tournaments, powwows, and cultural festivals.
8. Scenic drives: The area surrounding Big Trout Lake Airport offers stunning views of the Canadian wilderness, with scenic drives that take visitors through forests, lakes, and mountains.
History of Big Trout Lake Airport
Big Trout Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Big Trout Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s by the Canadian government as part of a network of airports used to transport supplies and personnel during World War II. After the war, the airport was used primarily for commercial purposes, serving the local community and providing access to the surrounding wilderness for hunting and fishing.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed, and in the 1990s, the runway was extended and widened to accommodate larger aircraft. Today, the airport is equipped with modern navigation and communication systems, making it a vital transportation hub for the region.
Despite its remote location, Big Trout Lake Airport plays an important role in the economic and social development of the surrounding area. It provides essential air transportation services for the local community, including medical evacuations, and supports the region’s tourism industry by providing access to some of the most pristine wilderness areas in Canada. Overall, the airport has a rich history and continues to be an important asset for the people of Big Trout Lake and the surrounding region.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport