Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is a small airport located on the Toronto Islands in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is primarily used for regional flights and serves as a hub for Porter Airlines. Despite its small size, the airport offers a range of amenities and services for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is located on Toronto Island, just a short distance from downtown Toronto. There are several ways to get to the airport, including public transit, taxi, and car.
If you’re taking public transit, the quickest and most convenient option is to take the 509 Harbourfront streetcar from Union Station to the airport. The streetcar runs every 10 minutes and takes about 15 minutes to reach the airport.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that serve the airport. The ride from downtown Toronto to the airport takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you’re driving, there is a parking garage located at the airport. The garage offers both short-term and long-term parking options, and rates vary depending on the length of your stay.
Overall, getting to Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport, also known as Toronto Island Airport, is a small airport located on the Toronto Islands in Lake Ontario. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available to get to and from the airport.
1. Ferry: The most popular and iconic way to get to Billy Bishop Airport is by taking the ferry. The ferry runs every 15 minutes and takes only 90 seconds to cross the harbour. The ferry is free for airport passengers and their companions.
2. Shuttle Bus: There are several shuttle bus services that operate between the airport and various locations in downtown Toronto. These shuttle buses are convenient and affordable, with prices starting at around $10 per person.
3. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to any destination in the city. The ride to downtown Toronto takes about 10-15 minutes and costs around $20-$30.
4. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the city or surrounding areas.
5. Public Transit: The airport is also accessible by public transit. The 509 streetcar and the 511 streetcar both stop at the airport, and the 509 connects to the Union Station subway station.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is easy and convenient.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Main Terminal Parking: This parking lot is located directly across from the airport terminal building. It offers both covered and uncovered parking options for short-term and long-term stays.
2. Value Park Lot: This parking lot is located a short distance from the airport terminal building. It offers uncovered parking options for long-term stays at a discounted rate.
3. Express Valet: This parking option is located at the terminal building’s departures level. It offers a convenient and hassle-free parking experience for travelers who want to drop off their cars and head straight to the airport.
4. Off-Site Parking: There are several off-site parking options available near the airport, including private parking lots and garages. These options offer competitive rates and shuttle services to and from the airport.
Overall, Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers. Whether you’re looking for a convenient valet service or a budget-friendly long-term parking option, you’re sure to find a suitable parking solution at this airport.
Car Rental at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is a small airport located on the Toronto Islands, just a short ferry ride from downtown Toronto. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the South Terminal. The Main Terminal is the larger of the two and is home to the airport’s check-in counters, security screening, and baggage claim. The South Terminal is primarily used for private and charter flights.
The Main Terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is a modern and efficient facility. Passengers can check-in for their flights at one of the many self-service kiosks or at the counter with a customer service representative. The security screening process is quick and easy, with dedicated lanes for passengers with disabilities or special needs. Once through security, passengers can enjoy a variety of food and beverage options, as well as duty-free shopping.
The South Terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is a smaller, more intimate facility. It is primarily used for private and charter flights, but also serves as a backup for the Main Terminal in case of high passenger volumes. The South Terminal has a small lounge area for passengers, as well as a café and a gift shop. Overall, both terminals at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport provide a convenient and hassle-free travel experience for passengers flying in and out of Toronto.
- Air Canada Express: Offers daily non-stop service to Ottawa and Montreal
- WestJet: Provides daily non-stop service to Calgary and Edmonton
- Air Transat: Offers seasonal non-stop service to various destinations in the Caribbean and Europe
- Sunwing Airlines: Provides seasonal non-stop service to various destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean
- Porter Airlines: Offers daily non-stop service to Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, New York City and numerous other destinations
- CanJet: Provides seasonal non-stop service to various destinations in Canada and the U.S.
- Air Creebec: Offers daily non-stop service to various destinations in Northern Ontario
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is a regional airport located on Toronto Island, just a few minutes away from downtown Toronto. The airport is known for its convenience and accessibility, as well as its strict security protocols. The airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff, and has implemented a number of measures to achieve this goal.
One of the key security protocols at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened using state-of-the-art X-ray machines and metal detectors, which are designed to detect any potential threats. In addition, the airport has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the screening process and responding to any security incidents.
Another important security measure at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is the strict access control system. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter certain areas of the airport, and all visitors are required to pass through security checkpoints before entering the terminal building. The airport also has a comprehensive CCTV system, which is monitored 24/7 by security personnel.
Overall, Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport’s security protocols are designed to minimize the risk of security incidents, and to ensure that any potential threats are detected and dealt with quickly and efficiently. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, you can rest assured that you are in good hands at Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport amenities.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, the airport offers a range of services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated accessibility team that can provide additional assistance as needed.
Passengers traveling with young children can take advantage of the airport’s family-friendly amenities, including nursing rooms, baby changing stations, and stroller rentals. The airport also offers a range of dining options, including kid-friendly restaurants and cafes.
Overall, Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport is committed to providing a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, the airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make your journey as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Starbucks: Enjoy a hot cup of coffee or a refreshing cold beverage before your flight.
2. The Burger’s Priest: Treat yourself to a delicious burger and fries before your flight.
3. Tim Hortons: Enjoy a classic Tim Hortons coffee or donut before your flight.
4. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Enjoy a delicious steak dinner or a light snack before your flight.
5. Hudson’s Bay: Pick up a last minute gift or souvenir before your flight.
6. Duty Free: Shop for duty-free items such as alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics before your flight.
7. The Wine Shop: Pick up a bottle of wine or spirits before your flight.
8. The Beer Store: Pick up a six-pack of beer before your flight.
9. The Shoe Company: Pick up a pair of shoes or sandals before your flight.
10. The Body Shop: Pick up a last minute beauty product before your flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalator leading to the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalator leading to the departure gates. This room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator for Muslim passengers.
3. Chapel – located on the main floor of the airport terminal, near the check-in counters. This room is dedicated to Christian worship and is open to passengers and visitors of all denominations.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are accessible to passengers and visitors with disabilities and are maintained to ensure a clean and peaceful environment. The airport also provides prayer mats, religious texts, and other resources to support the spiritual needs of its guests.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with their work or personal matters. The WiFi is fast and reliable, ensuring that travelers can quickly and easily access the information they need.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also offers a number of workspace facilities, including comfortable seating areas and charging stations. These areas are designed to provide travelers with a quiet and comfortable space to work, read, or relax before their flight.
For those who need more privacy or a dedicated workspace, the airport also offers a number of private lounges and meeting rooms. These spaces are equipped with high-speed WiFi, comfortable seating, and other amenities to ensure that travelers can work or conduct meetings in a professional and productive environment.
Overall, Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all travelers, whether they are looking to stay connected, get some work done, or simply relax before their flight.
The Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport has several lounges for travelers to enjoy. Here are the lounges and where they are located:
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Domestic Terminal, Main Floor
- Elevate Lounge – Domestic Terminal, Main Floor
- Miller’s Landing – Pedestrian Tunnel, Arrivals Level
- City Lounge – Pedestrian Tunnel, Arrivals Level
- International Arrivals Lounge – International Arrivals, Mezzanine Level
Accomodation Options Nearby Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
1. The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto: Located just a short walk away from Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport, The Westin Harbour Castle offers luxurious accommodations with stunning views of Lake Ontario.
2. The Fairmont Royal York: This iconic hotel is located just a few minutes away from Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport and offers a variety of accommodation options, including suites, rooms, and apartments.
3. The Strathcona Hotel: This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and is just a few minutes away from the airport. It offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms, suites, and apartments.
4. The Delta Hotels Toronto: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Delta Hotels Toronto offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms, suites, and apartments.
5. The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms, suites, and apartments.
6. The Hilton Toronto: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Hilton Toronto offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms, suites, and apartments.
7. The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms, suites, and apartments.
1. CN Tower: The iconic CN Tower is located just a short distance from Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport. This towering structure offers breathtaking views of the city from its observation deck and is a must-visit attraction for anyone visiting Toronto.
2. Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: This popular aquarium is located just a few minutes away from the airport and is home to over 20,000 aquatic animals. Visitors can explore a variety of exhibits, including a shark tunnel, a jellyfish exhibit, and a touch tank.
3. Rogers Centre: This multi-purpose stadium is located just a short walk from the airport and is home to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. Visitors can catch a game or take a tour of the stadium to learn more about its history and architecture.
4. Harbourfront Centre: This cultural hub is located on the shores of Lake Ontario and offers a variety of activities and events throughout the year. Visitors can enjoy live music, theatre performances, art exhibits, and more.
5. Toronto Islands: Located just a short ferry ride from the airport, the Toronto Islands offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Visitors can enjoy beaches, parks, and stunning views of the skyline.
6. St. Lawrence Market: This historic market is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and is a must-visit for foodies. Visitors can sample a variety of local and international cuisine, including fresh seafood, artisanal cheeses, and baked goods.
7. Royal Ontario Museum: This world-renowned museum is located just a short distance from the airport and is home to over 6 million artifacts and specimens. Visitors can explore exhibits on natural history, art, and culture from around the world.
8. Art Gallery of Ontario: This impressive gallery is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and features a collection of over 95,000 works of art. Visitors can explore exhibits on Canadian and international art, as well as attend lectures and workshops.
History of Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport, formerly known as Toronto Island Airport, is a small regional airport located on the Toronto Islands in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The airport was first established in 1939 and was named after Billy Bishop, a Canadian World War I flying ace. The airport was initially used for commercial flights, but it was later converted to a military airfield during World War II.
After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and was operated by the Toronto Port Authority. In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. The airport continued to serve as a regional airport for many years, but it faced several challenges in the 1990s, including noise complaints from nearby residents and competition from other airports in the region.
In 2009, the airport was renamed Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport in honor of the Canadian flying ace. The airport has since undergone several upgrades and expansions, including the addition of a pedestrian tunnel that connects the airport to the mainland. Today, the airport serves as a hub for regional airlines and offers flights to several destinations in Canada and the United States. Despite its small size, Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport remains an important transportation hub for the city of Toronto and the surrounding region.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport