Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is an international airport located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. It is the seventh busiest airport in Italy, serving over 8 million passengers annually. The airport offers a wide range of domestic and international flights, as well as various amenities for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Other Airports in Emilia-Romagna, Italy
How to Get to Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is located approximately 6 kilometers northwest of the city center of Bologna, Italy. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, bus, or train.
If you are driving to the airport, take the A14 motorway and follow the signs for the airport. There are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking.
Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey from the city center to the airport takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
There are also several bus routes that connect the city center to the airport, including the Aerobus and the BLQ shuttle. These buses run frequently throughout the day and offer a convenient and affordable way to get to the airport.
Finally, if you prefer to take the train, there is a direct train service from Bologna Centrale station to the airport. The journey takes approximately 7 minutes and trains run every 5-10 minutes during peak hours.
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is located approximately 6 kilometers northwest of the city center of Bologna, Italy. There are several transportation options available to travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the arrivals area of the airport. The journey to the city center takes around 15-20 minutes and costs approximately €20-€25.
2. Bus: The Aerobus is a convenient and affordable option for travelers. The bus runs every 15 minutes and takes approximately 20 minutes to reach the city center. A one-way ticket costs €6, while a round-trip ticket costs €11.
3. Shuttle: Shuttle services are available for travelers who prefer a more comfortable and private mode of transportation. Several companies offer shuttle services to and from the airport, with prices starting at around €15 per person.
4. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a good option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding areas of Bologna.
5. Train: The airport is connected to the city center by a train service that runs every 30 minutes. The journey takes approximately 20 minutes and costs €8.
Overall, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport. Whether you prefer a taxi, bus, shuttle, car rental, or train, you can easily reach the city center and explore all that Bologna has to offer.
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. P1 – Multi-storey car park: This is the closest car park to the terminal building and is ideal for short-term parking. It is located just a few steps away from the arrivals and departures area.
2. P2 – Long-stay car park: This car park is located a little further away from the terminal building, but it is still within walking distance. It is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a longer period of time.
3. P3 – Low-cost car park: This car park is located a little further away from the terminal building, but it is still within walking distance. It is ideal for travelers who are looking for a budget-friendly parking option.
4. P4 – Express car park: This car park is located just a few steps away from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a short period of time. It is perfect for dropping off or picking up passengers.
5. P5 – Car valet service: This is a premium parking service where a valet will park your car for you. It is located just a few steps away from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who are looking for a hassle-free parking experience.
Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy and serves as a major hub for both domestic and international flights. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a covered walkway.
Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles the majority of the airport’s traffic. It is divided into two levels, with the ground floor dedicated to arrivals and the first floor dedicated to departures. The terminal offers a range of services and facilities, including shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as currency exchange and ATM machines.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used by low-cost airlines. It has a single level and offers a more limited range of services and facilities compared to Terminal 1. However, it still provides passengers with everything they need for a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport’s terminals are modern and well-equipped, providing passengers with a range of services and facilities to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, the airport’s terminals are designed to meet your needs and make your journey as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
3. Wizz Air
5. Air France
7. Turkish Airlines
8. British Airways
10. Vueling Airlines
11. Air Arabia Maroc
12. Blue Air
13. Pegasus Airlines
15. Air Dolomiti
16. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
17. Aer Lingus
18. Norwegian Air Shuttle
19. TUI Airways
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Italy, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are safe.
The airport security protocols include a range of measures such as baggage screening, metal detectors, and body scanners. All passengers are required to pass through these security checks before boarding their flights. Additionally, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and respond to any security threats.
The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, which includes weapons, explosives, and other dangerous items. Passengers are advised to check the list of prohibited items before packing their bags to avoid any inconvenience at the security checkpoint. Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and provide a hassle-free travel experience.
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s information desk is located in the arrivals area and is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who are available to answer any questions and provide assistance with travel arrangements.
For passengers with reduced mobility, the airport provides a dedicated assistance service that includes wheelchair access, assistance with boarding and disembarking, and help with luggage. The service can be requested in advance or on arrival at the airport.
Passengers traveling with children can take advantage of the airport’s family services, which include baby changing facilities, play areas, and a dedicated family lounge. The lounge provides a comfortable and quiet space for families to relax before their flight, with toys, games, and refreshments available.
For travelers who require additional support, the airport offers a range of special assistance services, including assistance with medical needs, language interpretation, and travel arrangements. These services can be arranged in advance or requested on arrival at the airport.
Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible, ensuring that all passengers feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout their journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Bologna Welcome: This shop offers a range of souvenirs, gifts, and local products for travelers to take home.
2. Bottega Verde: A cosmetics store that offers a range of natural beauty products.
3. Ferrari Store: A store that sells Ferrari-branded merchandise, including clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
4. Relay: A convenience store that offers a range of snacks, drinks, and reading materials.
1. Autogrill: A popular Italian chain that offers a range of sandwiches, salads, and hot meals.
2. Caffè Vergnano: A café that serves coffee, pastries, and light snacks.
3. McDonald’s: A fast-food chain that offers burgers, fries, and other classic menu items.
4. Spizzico: A restaurant that serves pizza, pasta, and other Italian dishes.
Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport provides a good selection of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. These areas are located in various parts of the airport and are easily accessible to all passengers. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport:
1. Chapel – The airport chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for all passengers who wish to pray or meditate.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for all Muslim passengers who wish to pray.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The multi-faith prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all faiths who wish to pray or meditate.
4. Catholic Chapel – The Catholic chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Catholic passengers who wish to pray or attend mass.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary items for prayer and meditation. They are also maintained regularly to ensure cleanliness and comfort for passengers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. There are designated workstations with power outlets and USB ports located throughout the terminal, as well as a business lounge that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for working or relaxing.
The business lounge is equipped with high-speed WiFi, comfortable seating, and a range of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages. It is open to all passengers for a fee, or free of charge for members of certain airline loyalty programs.
In addition, there are several cafes and restaurants throughout the terminal that offer seating and power outlets, making them a convenient option for those who need to work or charge their devices.
Overall, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a variety of lounges for travelers looking for a comfortable atmosphere. Below is a list of the lounges available and their locations:
- My Lounge – Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
- The Club – Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
- Sky Lounge – Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
- Salon VIP – Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
- Dedicato Lounge – Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
Accomodation Options Nearby Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
1. Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport offers a range of accommodation options suitable for all budgets and preferences, ensuring a comfortable stay for travelers.
2. Economy Hotels: For those seeking affordable accommodation, several economy hotels are conveniently located near the airport. These modestly priced hotels provide clean and comfortable rooms, basic amenities, and often include complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast.
3. Budget Bed & Breakfasts: Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport also features budget-friendly bed and breakfast establishments. These cozy accommodations offer a more personal touch, allowing guests to experience a local atmosphere while enjoying a hearty breakfast before their flight.
4. Mid-range Hotels: If you are looking for a balance between affordability and comfort, numerous mid-range hotels are available near the airport. These hotels often feature well-appointed rooms, a variety of amenities such as fitness centers and on-site restaurants, and complimentary airport shuttles for added convenience.
5. Business Hotels: Catering to the needs of business travelers, Bologna Airport offers a selection of business hotels that provide additional amenities tailored to their requirements. These accommodations often include conference facilities, executive lounges, and 24-hour business centers to ensure an efficient and productive stay.
6. Luxury Hotels: For those seeking a touch of luxury, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport boasts several high-end hotels that offer lavish rooms, exceptional service, and an array of indulgent amenities. These luxurious accommodations often feature elegant spas, gourmet dining options, and picturesque views to enhance the overall travel experience.
7. Airport Transit Hotels: If you have a long layover or an early flight departure, transit hotels located within the airport premises offer a convenient option. These hotels provide comfortable rooms, allowing travelers to rest and freshen up without leaving the airport.
8. Short Stay Apartments: Another alternative for extended stays near the airport is short stay apartments. Offering fully furnished units with kitchenettes, these accommodations provide a more homely experience and flexibility for families or travelers desiring longer-term stays.
Regardless of your accommodation choice at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, you can expect a range of options to suit your budget and preferences.
1. Ducati Museum: Located just 4 kilometers from Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, the Ducati Museum offers an exciting journey into the world of Italian motorcycle manufacturing. Visitors can explore the rich history of Ducati motorcycles, view iconic models, and learn about the brand’s engineering innovations.
2. FICO Eataly World: This unique food-themed park is approximately 13 kilometers from the airport and showcases the best of Italian cuisine and agricultural traditions. With over 45 restaurants, street food stands, and educational exhibits, FICO Eataly World provides a fascinating experience for food enthusiasts.
3. Bologna city center: A mere 8 kilometers from the airport, the city center of Bologna is a must-visit attraction. Discover the iconic leaning towers of Bologna, stroll through beautiful piazzas, and explore the traditional markets, shops, and historic buildings that make this city so charming.
4. Basilica di San Petronio: Located in Bologna’s Piazza Maggiore, this impressive basilica is the fifth-largest church in the world. With its stunning architecture and rich history, it attracts both art and history enthusiasts who wish to admire its intricate design and unique features.
5. Archiginnasio of Bologna: Just a short distance from the city center, the Archiginnasio is a former palace and home to the oldest university in Europe. Visitors can explore its beautiful wooden anatomical theater and browse the library’s extensive collection of ancient texts.
6. Lamborghini Museum: Situated around 20 kilometers from the airport, the Lamborghini Museum offers an immersive experience into the world of luxury supercars. Discover the history of the brand, marvel at the iconic models, and even enjoy a driving simulator or guided factory tour.
7. Corte Isolani: This hidden gem is located in the heart of Bologna’s historic center, approximately 7 kilometers from the airport. A beautiful courtyard surrounded by historic buildings, Corte Isolani is a tranquil oasis where visitors can relax and soak in the city’s atmosphere.
8. Santuario Madonna di San Luca: A short drive from the airport, this hilltop sanctuary offers breathtaking views of Bologna and its surrounding countryside. Climb the iconic portico staircase, visit the church, and take in the panoramic vistas from the top.
9. Museum of Modern Art of Bologna (MAMbo): Situated within easy reach of the airport, MAMbo is a prestigious contemporary art museum that hosts temporary exhibitions, installations, and multimedia artworks. It provides a platform for national and international artists, making it a hot spot for art enthusiasts.
10. Gelato Museum Carpigiani: Located approximately 17 kilometers from the airport, this unique museum showcases the history and culture of Italian gelato. Visitors can learn about the origins of this frozen treat, discover how it is made, and of course, enjoy some delicious gelato samples.
History of Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport, also known as Bologna Airport, is an international airport located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. The airport was named after Guglielmo Marconi, an Italian inventor and electrical engineer who is credited with developing the first practical radio communication system.
The airport was first opened in 1931 as a military airfield, and it was later converted into a commercial airport in the 1950s. Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines.
Today, Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Italy, serving millions of passengers each year. It is a hub for several major airlines, including Ryanair, Alitalia, and Lufthansa, and it offers flights to destinations all over Europe and beyond. The airport is also known for its modern facilities and amenities, including a wide range of shops, restaurants, and lounges for travelers to enjoy.
Other Airports in Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
- Cervia Air Base
- Federico Fellini International Airport
- Forli Airport
- Parma Airport
- Piacenza San Damiano Air Base