Bu’u Airstrip, located in the stunning Papua New Guinea, serves as a crucial air transportation hub in the region. Surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes, this airstrip offers convenient access for both locals and tourists to explore the picturesque beauty of the surrounding Kikori River and its verdant jungles.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Bu’u Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Bu’u Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Bu’u Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Bu’u Airstrip
- Other Airports in Gulf, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Bu’u Airstrip
To reach Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, there are a few essential steps to follow. Firstly, you will need to book a flight to Port Moresby, the capital city of Papua New Guinea. Numerous airlines offer services to Port Moresby from major international hubs.
Once you arrive in Port Moresby, you will need to take a domestic flight to Goroka Airport. Operators such as Air Niugini and PNG Air provide frequent flights between these two destinations. The flight duration from Port Moresby to Goroka is approximately one hour.
Upon reaching Goroka Airport, you will need to arrange ground transportation to Bu’u Airstrip. The best option is to hire a private car or a pre-arranged taxi service, as public transportation options may be limited. The journey from Goroka to Bu’u Airstrip takes around four to five hours, depending on road conditions.
It is essential to plan your journey in advance, considering flight timings and ground transportation availability, as these schedules may vary. Lastly, consider allowing some buffer time, as unforeseen circumstances like weather conditions or road closures can sometimes cause delays.
Located in Papua New Guinea, Bu’u Airstrip offers several transportation options for both residents and visitors to the region. Whether you are looking for convenient ways to travel within the local area or planning to explore other parts of the country, Bu’u Airstrip provides various means of transportation to meet your needs.
1. Domestic Flights: Bu’u Airstrip operates regular domestic flights, connecting this remote area with other major destinations across Papua New Guinea. With well-maintained runways and reliable air transportation services, you can easily reach Bu’u Airstrip from various parts of the country or choose it as a starting point for your journey. Domestic airlines offer frequent flights, ensuring that you have flexibility when planning your travel schedule.
2. Charter Flights: For those seeking a more personalized and efficient travel experience, Bu’u Airstrip also offers the option of chartering flights. This allows you to customize your travel plans and enjoy the convenience of flying on your preferred schedule. Charter flights are especially popular for tourists who want to explore the untouched natural beauty of Papua New Guinea, as they can easily access remote areas or plan their itineraries according to their interests.
3. Land Transportation: Local bus and taxi services are available near Bu’u Airstrip, providing convenient transportation options for shorter distances. Buses are a common mode of transportation in Papua New Guinea, offering affordable fares and regular routes to nearby towns and villages. Taxis are also readily available and offer a more direct and comfortable way of getting around the region.
4. Private Vehicle Rental: To explore the surrounding areas at your own pace, renting a private vehicle is an ideal option. Several car rental companies are available near Bu’u Airstrip, offering a range of vehicles suitable for different group sizes and budgets. Having your own vehicle allows you the freedom to embark on spontaneous adventures, visit nearby attractions, or simply indulge in the stunning landscapes that Papua New Guinea has to offer.
5. Water Transportation: Given Papua New Guinea’s numerous islands and coastal locations, water transportation is another viable option. Nearby ports provide ferry services, allowing you to access nearby islands or travel along the coastline. This mode of transportation can be a scenic and enjoyable way to explore the region, with opportunities to soak in breathtaking ocean views and experience the local culture.
In conclusion, Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers a variety of transportation options to cater to different travel preferences. Whether you prefer the convenience of air travel, the flexibility of chartering flights, the affordability of buses, the privacy of a rental vehicle, or the coastal charm of water transportation, Bu’u Airstrip ensures that you can easily access various destinations within Papua New Guinea or embark on exciting adventures in this beautiful region.
Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers convenient car parking facilities for travelers and visitors. Located in Bu’u, a beautiful village in the Morobe Province, this airstrip provides a vital link for access to remote areas of the country. To ease your travel experience, Bu’u Airstrip provides safe and secure car parking options.
Situated just a few meters away from the airstrip terminal, the car parking area is easily accessible for passengers. The parking facility offers ample space to accommodate vehicles of various sizes, allowing for hassle-free parking. Whether you are planning a short trip or an extended stay, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be well taken care of.
The car parking area at Bu’u Airstrip prioritizes safety and security, providing peace of mind for travelers. With the presence of security personnel and the implementation of strict surveillance measures, you can confidently leave your vehicle in the parking lot while you embark on your journey. The well-lit premises ensure visibility even during nighttime arrivals or departures, further enhancing the security aspects.
Additionally, the car parking area at Bu’u Airstrip offers convenience and accessibility. Its proximity to the terminal ensures that travelers can easily retrieve their vehicles upon arrival, minimizing the time spent on transportation logistics. The parking lot is designed with well-marked designated areas, making it easy for visitors to locate their parked vehicles.
Furthermore, the car parking services at Bu’u Airstrip are reasonably priced, making it an affordable option for travelers. The fees are competitive and cater to various durations, allowing flexibility for both short-term and long-term parking needs. By choosing to park your vehicle at Bu’u Airstrip, you can enjoy cost-effective solutions without compromising on the safety and security of your vehicle.
In conclusion, Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers a reliable and convenient car parking facility for travelers and visitors. Located in Bu’u, Morobe Province, this parking area ensures secure parking options in close proximity to the terminal. With its focus on safety, accessibility, and affordability, Bu’u Airstrip car parking area provides an ideal solution for those seeking a hassle-free parking experience.
Car Rental at Bu’u Airstrip
Bu’u Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as a crucial transportation hub in the region. This small yet vital airstrip is situated near the Bu’un campus of the University of Goroka, making it a convenient facility for students, faculty, and staff members. The terminals at Bu’u Airstrip are designed to accommodate both domestic and international flights, contributing significantly to the connectivity of the remote region.
The Bu’u Airstrip terminals feature modern infrastructure and amenities to ensure a pleasant travel experience for passengers. Passengers can easily access the terminals via well-maintained roads, making transportation to and from the airport hassle-free. With various check-in counters, security checkpoints, and comfortable waiting areas, the terminals are equipped to handle a range of flights efficiently.
Bu’u Airstrip terminals not only offer a comfortable travel experience, but they also provide essential services such as baggage handling and customer assistance. Dedicated airport staff are available to assist passengers throughout their journey, ensuring a smooth and pleasant transition from arrival to departure. Additionally, the terminals provide essential facilities like restrooms, information desks, and shopping outlets, catering to the needs of travelers waiting for their flights.
Overall, the Bu’u Airstrip terminals play a vital role in connecting the remote region of Papua New Guinea with the rest of the country and the world. With their efficient operations, modern infrastructure, and passenger-oriented services, these terminals serve as essential gateways for travel, making the journey through Bu’u Airstrip a seamless and convenient experience.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any specific information about operating airlines at Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea. It is possible that there are no commercial airlines serving this particular airstrip, or the information may not be easily accessible. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is recommended to directly contact airport authorities or local travel agencies in Papua New Guinea.
Bu’u Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, follows strict security protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of all passengers and airport staff. These protocols are designed to minimize security risks, maintain order, and provide a safe environment for those using the facility.
Upon arrival at Bu’u Airstrip, passengers are required to go through a security screening process. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their luggage screened. These measures help prevent prohibited items from being brought onto the aircraft, ensuring the safety of everyone on board. Passengers are expected to cooperate fully with airport security staff during this process.
While at Bu’u Airstrip, both passengers and staff are also required to display proper identification at all times. This helps maintain a controlled and secure environment. Security personnel are present throughout the facility, monitoring the premises and ensuring that any suspicious activity is promptly addressed. In addition, the airstrip may have surveillance cameras in various locations for further security and monitoring purposes.
It is advised that all passengers arrive at Bu’u Airstrip with ample time to complete the security procedures. This ensures a smooth and efficient process, allowing for a hassle-free travel experience. By adhering to these security protocols, Bu’u Airstrip provides a safe and secure environment for passengers traveling to and from Papua New Guinea.
Bu’u Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as a crucial transportation hub for travelers in the region. Situated in the Morobe Province, this airstrip provides convenient access to the surrounding areas, including the famous Huon Peninsula. The facility primarily caters to domestic flights, making it an essential link between remote communities and urban centers within Papua New Guinea.
Travelers visiting Bu’u Airstrip can expect basic assistance services to ensure a smooth journey. The terminal offers essential amenities such as waiting areas, restrooms, and ticketing counters. While the facilities might be modest, they are reasonably well-maintained, providing travelers with a comfortable and safe environment.
It is important to note that Bu’u Airstrip does not have extensive traveler assistance services readily available. Therefore, it is advisable for visitors to come prepared with necessary supplies, such as food, water, and any required medications, as these might not be easily accessible in the immediate vicinity. Additionally, it is advisable to have a basic understanding of local customs and cultural norms to ensure a respectful and enjoyable experience during your time in Papua New Guinea.
Overall, Bu’u Airstrip serves as a vital transportation link for travelers exploring Papua New Guinea’s diverse landscapes and communities. While the facility itself may not offer extensive assistance services, it provides a convenient gateway to the surrounding areas, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the rich cultural heritage and natural beauty of this fascinating region.
Shops and Restaurants
Located in the Western Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, Bu’u Airstrip serves as a vital transportation hub for both locals and visitors. While it may be a small airstrip, it offers a handful of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers passing through.
For those looking to indulge in some retail therapy, Bu’u Airstrip boasts a few modest shops that offer a range of local products and essentials. Whether you’re in need of basic toiletries, snacks for your journey, or traditional handicrafts as souvenirs, these shops have got you covered. The friendly staff are always ready to assist and provide recommendations, ensuring a pleasant shopping experience.
When hunger strikes, Bu’u Airstrip offers a selection of dining options that are sure to satisfy your cravings. From casual cafes to local eateries, there is something for everyone. Delight in the flavors of Papua New Guinean cuisine, which often features fresh seafood, tropical fruits, and aromatic spices. Whether you prefer a quick bite or a leisurely meal, the restaurants at Bu’u Airstrip provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, allowing you to relax and refuel before your next adventure.
It’s important to note that due to the remote location of Bu’u Airstrip, the selection of shops and restaurants may be limited compared to larger urban areas. However, the establishments here strive to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers passing through. The staff are known for their hospitality and genuine warmth, ensuring that your visit to Bu’u Airstrip is a memorable one.
So, whether you find yourself in need of a last-minute purchase or a satisfying meal, Bu’u Airstrip has a range of shops and restaurants that cater to your needs. Embrace the local culture, indulge in delicious cuisine, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere that this small but significant airport has to offer.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea does not have designated prayer rooms or worship areas on-site. However, nearby communities offer various religious facilities for visitors and locals to practice their faith.
1. Bu’u Village Church: Located within walking distance from Bu’u Airstrip, Bu’u Village Church serves as a place of worship for the Christian community. This church welcomes individuals seeking a peaceful environment for prayer and worship.
2. St. Mary’s Catholic Church: Situated in the nearby town of Alotau, approximately 25 kilometers from Bu’u Airstrip, St. Mary’s Catholic Church is a significant religious landmark. It provides prayer rooms and worship areas for Catholics in the region.
3. Alotau Mosque: For those practicing Islam, the Alotau Mosque is located in Alotau, around 25 kilometers from Bu’u Airstrip. This mosque offers prayer rooms and worship areas for Muslims, allowing them to engage in their religious practices.
4. Various Local Churches: In the surrounding villages near Bu’u Airstrip, there are several smaller churches that cater to different Christian denominations. These include Lutheran, Seventh-day Adventist, and Anglican churches, among others. These local churches provide prayer rooms and worship areas for their respective congregations.
While Bu’u Airstrip itself does not have dedicated prayer rooms or worship areas, visitors and locals can access these nearby religious facilities to fulfill their spiritual needs. It is advisable to check the specific timings and guidelines of each religious institution before visiting.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Bu’u Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers and locals alike. While the availability and quality of these amenities may vary, the airstrip strives to provide a convenient environment for those needing to stay connected or get work done.
WiFi connectivity at Bu’u Airstrip is available, although it should be noted that the signal strength may not be as strong or as reliable as in more developed areas. The service is provided to ensure basic internet access, allowing visitors to check emails, browse the web, or stay connected with loved ones. However, it is advisable to have alternative means of staying online, such as having a mobile data plan or personal hotspot, as the WiFi signal may be intermittent or slow.
Workspace facilities at Bu’u Airstrip are limited but cater to the basic needs of travelers. There are designated areas with tables and chairs where individuals can set up their laptops or work materials. These spaces provide a quiet and comfortable environment, allowing visitors to focus on their tasks. However, it’s important to note that these facilities may not offer additional amenities like power outlets or printing services. It is advisable to bring any necessary equipment or materials needed for work.
It is worth mentioning that Bu’u Airstrip is a remote location, and as such, the availability of WiFi and workspace facilities may be subject to occasional disruptions. Visitors should be prepared for potential limitations and have contingency plans in place to ensure uninterrupted work or communication.
Overall, while Bu’u Airstrip in Papua New Guinea provides limited WiFi and workspace facilities, it strives to offer a convenient environment for individuals needing to stay connected or work on the go. Visitors should be prepared for occasional challenges and plan accordingly to make the most of these amenities.
Accomodation Options Nearby Bu’u Airstrip
1. Budget-friendly Guesthouses: Bu’u Airstrip offers several affordable guesthouses that are perfect for budget-conscious travelers. These guesthouses typically provide basic amenities such as comfortable beds, communal bathrooms, and shared kitchen facilities. While they may be more simplistic compared to high-end options, they offer a cozy and cost-effective place to rest after a long day of exploration.
2. Mid-range Hotels: For those seeking a comfortable stay with more amenities, there are a few mid-range hotels near Bu’u Airstrip. These hotels provide well-appointed rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, and often feature on-site restaurants, Wi-Fi access, and convenient transportation services. They offer a balance between affordability and comfort, making them suitable for most travelers.
3. Seaside Bungalows: Bu’u Airstrip, located near the captivating coastline of Papua New Guinea, offers charming seaside bungalows for those seeking a tranquil and picturesque retreat. These bungalows provide unique accommodation, usually constructed with local materials, offering a cozy and immersive stay experience. With stunning ocean views and fresh sea breezes, these accommodations blend comfort with nature’s beauty.
4. Ecolodges and Eco-Resorts: Recognizing the untouched natural beauty of the region, there are a few ecolodges and eco-resorts surrounding Bu’u Airstrip. These sustainable accommodation options showcase the area’s flora and fauna while minimizing their ecological impact. Guests can enjoy comfortable rooms, nature-oriented activities, and delicious cuisine, all while supporting environmentally friendly practices.
5. Luxury Resorts: For those seeking a luxurious and pampered experience, there are a few high-end resorts near Bu’u Airstrip. These resorts offer a range of upscale amenities such as spacious suites, private plunge pools, spa facilities, gourmet dining options, and personalized services. Nestled in exquisite locations, these resorts provide an indulgent escape with breathtaking views and impeccable attention to detail.
Whether you are a budget traveler, nature enthusiast, or seeking a lavish vacation, the accommodations near Bu’u Airstrip cater to diverse preferences. From affordable guesthouses to opulent resorts, each option offers a unique experience amidst the natural wonders of Papua New Guinea.
1. Mount Wilhelm: Located approximately 60 kilometers south of Bu’u Airstrip, Mount Wilhelm is the highest peak in Papua New Guinea, offering breathtaking views and challenging hiking opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Yuo Island: Situated off the coast of Madang Province, Yuo Island is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant marine life, making it a popular destination for snorkelers and divers.
3. Rafting on the Wahgi River: Just a short drive away from Bu’u Airstrip, adventure-seekers can indulge in exhilarating white-water rafting experiences on the Wahgi River, surrounded by lush rainforests and cascading waterfalls.
4. Palmalmal Wildlife Management Area: A fascinating nature reserve near Bu’u Airstrip, Palmalmal is teeming with diverse wildlife and boasts vibrant birdlife, including the colorful Raggiana bird of paradise, making it an ideal spot for birdwatching and wildlife photography.
5. Balek Wildlife Sanctuary: Nestled in the densely forested region close to Bu’u Airstrip, this sanctuary provides a sanctuary for endangered and native animal species. Visitors can spot unique creatures such as tree kangaroos, cassowaries, and various bird species.
6. Goroka Show: If you visit during mid-September, you can enjoy the Goroka Show, one of Papua New Guinea’s most vibrant cultural festivals. It showcases traditional dances, music, and colorful costumes, providing an immersive experience into the rich local culture.
7. Mt. Hagen Market: Just a short distance from Bu’u Airstrip, the bustling Mt. Hagen Market offers a vibrant and colorful display of local produce, handicrafts, and traditional artifacts. It is an ideal place to immerse yourself in the local customs and taste a variety of tropical fruits.
8. Kumul Bird of Paradise Lodge: Located in East New Britain, this lodge offers visitors an opportunity to spot the incredibly rare and beautiful bird of paradise species – a true paradise for bird enthusiasts.
9. Tari Valley: Tucked away in the highlands of Papua New Guinea, the picturesque Tari Valley boasts stunning scenery, traditional tribal villages, and colorful Huli wigmen, providing visitors with an authentic cultural experience.
10. Madang Resort: Situated on the northern coast of Papua New Guinea, the Madang Resort offers a luxurious retreat with stunning ocean views, pristine beaches, and a wide range of water sports activities, including snorkeling, kayaking, and fishing.
Please note that some attractions may require additional logistics or arrangements, and it is advisable to check local regulations, conditions, and safety guidelines before visiting.
History of Bu’u Airstrip
Bu’u Airstrip, located in the Eastern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, holds a significant historical importance in the region. Established during World War II, the airstrip played a crucial role in the Allied forces’ efforts in the Pacific Theater. Constructed by Allied engineers in the early 1940s, it served as a strategic airbase for military operations against Japanese forces.
During the war, Bu’u Airstrip allowed for the delivery of troops, equipment, and supplies to support the Allied forces’ fight against the Japanese in the region. The strategic location of Bu’u Airstrip, nestled amidst the rugged terrain of Papua New Guinea, facilitated air support for ground operations in the surrounding areas.
After the end of World War II, Bu’u Airstrip retained its importance as a transportation hub. It continued to support the region’s development, connecting remote communities with urban centers and facilitating trade and commerce. The airstrip became a lifeline for the people of Eastern Highlands, enabling access to medical services, education, and other essential resources.
Today, Bu’u Airstrip stands as a testament to the resilience and determination of the local people and the historical significance of the region. It serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made by the Allied forces during World War II and the positive impact of infrastructure development in remote areas.
Other Airports in Gulf, Papua New Guinea
- Angai Airstrip
- Baimuru Airport
- Baina Airstrip
- Bu’u Airstrip
- Haivaro Airport
- Hawabango Airport
- Ihu Airport
- Iokea Airport
- Kaintiba Airport
- Kakoro Airstrip
- Kamina Airport
- Kanabea Airport
- Kerema Airport
- Kibeni Airstrip
- Kikori Airport
- Komaio Airport
- Komako Airport
- Kuri Airport
- Lese Airport
- Malalaua Airport
- Purari Airstrip
- Sirebi Airstrip
- Terapo Airport
- Teredau Airport
- Vailala Airstrip
- Wabo Airport
- Wowobo Airstrip