Buffalo Niagara International Airport is a public airport located in Cheektowaga, New York. It serves the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area and is the third-busiest airport in the state of New York. The airport offers a variety of domestic and international flights, making it a convenient travel hub for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Other Airports in New York, United States
How to Get to Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Buffalo Niagara International Airport is located in Cheektowaga, New York, just 11 miles east of downtown Buffalo. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi or rideshare service, or using public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (I-90) and the Kensington Expressway (NY-33).
If you prefer to take a taxi or rideshare service, there are several companies that serve the airport, including Uber, Lyft, and local taxi companies. The airport also has a designated pick-up and drop-off area for these services.
For those who prefer public transportation, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) operates several bus routes that serve the airport. The 204 and 24 buses both stop at the airport, and the NFTA also operates a shuttle service between the airport and downtown Buffalo.
No matter how you choose to get to the airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to navigate traffic and security checkpoints. With a little planning, getting to Buffalo Niagara International Airport can be a stress-free experience.
Buffalo Niagara International Airport is a major airport located in Buffalo, New York, serving the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area. The airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and provide a convenient and efficient way to get to your destination. The taxi stand is located outside of the baggage claim area.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Popular ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. The pick-up location is located outside of the baggage claim area.
3. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. The rental car facility is located across from the terminal building and can be accessed via a pedestrian walkway.
4. Public Transportation: The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) provides bus service to and from the airport. The Metro Bus Route 204 runs between the airport and downtown Buffalo, with stops at several key locations along the way.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Buffalo Niagara International Airport makes it easy for travelers to get to and from their destination.
Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here is a list of the car parking options and their locations:
1. Daily/Hourly Parking: This parking lot is located directly across from the terminal building. It is ideal for short-term parking and is available at an hourly rate of $4 and a daily rate of $24.
2. Preferred Parking: This parking lot is located adjacent to the terminal building and offers easy access to the airport. It is available at a daily rate of $14.
3. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. It is available at a daily rate of $10.
4. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a little further from the terminal building and is the most affordable parking option. It is available at a daily rate of $9.
5. Cell Phone Lot: This parking lot is located near the airport entrance and is free for drivers who are waiting to pick up passengers. Drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles unattended in this lot.
All parking lots at Buffalo Niagara International Airport are open 24/7 and offer shuttle service to and from the terminal building. Travelers can pay for parking using cash, credit card, or debit card.
Car Rental at Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Buffalo Niagara International Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in Cheektowaga, New York. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a walkway. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and serves most of the airlines that operate at the airport. Terminal 2 is used by low-cost carriers and charter airlines.
Terminal 1 has two levels and is equipped with all the necessary facilities to make passengers’ travel experience comfortable and convenient. The upper level is used for departures, while the lower level is used for arrivals. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as ATMs, currency exchange, and baggage storage facilities. There are also charging stations and free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal, but it still offers a range of amenities for passengers. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge area with comfortable seating and charging stations. There is also free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. Passengers can easily access Terminal 1 from Terminal 2 via the walkway.
Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport’s terminals are well-designed and offer a range of amenities to make passengers’ travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. The airport’s efficient layout and modern facilities make it a popular choice for travelers in the region.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. United Airlines
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Frontier Airlines
7. Spirit Airlines
8. Allegiant Air
9. Air Canada
Buffalo Niagara International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include TSA screening, baggage screening, and security personnel stationed throughout the airport.
TSA screening is conducted at all checkpoints and includes the use of advanced imaging technology, metal detectors, and pat-downs. Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets, and place all liquids and electronics in a separate bin for screening. TSA PreCheck is also available for eligible passengers, allowing for expedited screening.
Baggage screening is conducted using state-of-the-art equipment to detect any potential threats. All checked baggage is screened before being loaded onto the aircraft. Passengers are also encouraged to keep an eye on their belongings and report any suspicious activity to airport personnel.
Security personnel are stationed throughout the airport to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats. The airport also has a K-9 unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive early and follow all security protocols to ensure a smooth and efficient screening process.
Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. These volunteers can be found throughout the airport, wearing distinctive blue vests and ready to help with directions, flight information, and other travel-related inquiries.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance program, the airport also offers a variety of accessibility services for passengers with disabilities or special needs. These services include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for expedited security screening, as well as a Clear lane for members of the Clear program.
For travelers who need to stay connected while on the go, the airport offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. There are also charging stations located throughout the airport, so passengers can keep their devices powered up and ready to go. And for those who need a little extra help navigating the airport, there are interactive kiosks located throughout the terminal that provide real-time flight information, maps, and other helpful resources.
Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program and other traveler assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you’re a first-time traveler or a seasoned pro, the airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are there to help you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC Newsstand: This shop offers a wide selection of newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
– Hudson: Hudson is a one-stop-shop for all your travel needs, including books, electronics, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Marshall Retail Group: This shop offers a variety of gifts, souvenirs, and travel essentials.
– Duty-Free Americas: Duty-Free Americas offers a wide selection of tax-free products, including liquor, tobacco, and luxury goods.
– Anchor Bar: This restaurant is famous for inventing the Buffalo wing and offers a variety of wings, burgers, and sandwiches.
– Queen City Kitchen: Queen City Kitchen offers a variety of breakfast items, sandwiches, and salads.
– Lake Erie Grille: Lake Erie Grille offers a variety of American cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
– Tim Hortons: Tim Hortons is a Canadian coffee chain that offers a variety of coffee, tea, and baked goods.
In addition to these options, there are also several bars and lounges available for those looking to relax before their flight. Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to meet the needs of all travelers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the food court, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. It features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel. It is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with a prayer rug and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the third floor of the terminal, near the Delta Air Lines gates. It is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for passengers to meditate or practice yoga. The room features comfortable seating, dim lighting, and a peaceful ambiance.
Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport provides several options for passengers to practice their faith or find a quiet space for reflection. These prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and offer a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of seating areas with power outlets, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business centers located throughout the terminal that offer private workspaces, printing and copying services, and other amenities.
Conference Rooms: For those who need to hold meetings or conduct business while at the airport, there are several conference rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, high-speed internet, and other amenities to ensure that meetings run smoothly.
Overall, Buffalo Niagara International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to stay connected to the internet or work on important projects, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable during your time at the terminal.
The Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers a variety of lounges to ensure a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere for its travelers. Here is a list of the available lounges and their locations:
- The Admiral’s Club – Located in Concourse B
- Delta Sky Club – Located in Concourse C
- United Club – Located in Concourse C
- American Express Centurion Lounge – Located in Concourse D
Accomodation Options Nearby Buffalo Niagara International Airport
1. On-site Airport Hotels:
– Cheektowaga area, which surrounds Buffalo Niagara International Airport, offers a variety of hotels within close proximity. These hotels provide convenience for travelers looking to stay just steps away from the airport terminals. They range from budget-friendly options to upscale accommodations, ensuring a suitable choice for every budget and preference.
2. Budget-Friendly Hotels:
– If you’re looking for a wallet-friendly accommodation, several hotels near Buffalo Niagara International Airport offer comfortable rooms at affordable rates. These include popular chains like Days Hotel by Wyndham Buffalo Airport and Budget Inn Buffalo Airport, where you can find basic amenities and convenient shuttle services.
3. Mid-range Hotels:
– Travelers seeking a balance between affordability and comfort can opt for mid-range hotels in the area. Brands like Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville and Millennium Buffalo provide quality accommodations with modern amenities, such as fitness centers, on-site dining options, and complimentary airport shuttles.
4. Extended Stay Hotels and Suites:
– For longer stays, consider the extended-stay hotels and suites near the airport. These options are ideal when you require the convenience of a fully equipped kitchenette, spacious living areas, and additional amenities to make your stay more comfortable. The Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall, Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, and Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport are excellent choices for extended visits.
5. Upscale Hotels:
– Travelers looking for luxury and refined accommodations will find a range of high-end hotels in the Buffalo Niagara region. While not directly at the airport, luxurious hotels such as The Mansion on Delaware Avenue and the Curtiss Hotel, located in downtown Buffalo, provide sophisticated elegance and top-notch amenities, including upscale dining options, spas, and stunning city views.
6. Nearby Bed and Breakfasts:
– If you prefer a more intimate and charming atmosphere, you can explore the numerous bed and breakfast options available within a short distance of Buffalo Niagara International Airport. These accommodations, such as Asa Ransom House and Parkside House, offer personalized service, beautiful accommodations, and delicious homemade breakfasts.
Regardless of your budget or preference, the Buffalo Niagara International Airport area offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. From affordable hotels to luxurious retreats, you’ll find the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate before or after your journey.
1. Niagara Falls: One of the most famous natural wonders in the world, Niagara Falls is just 25 miles away from Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Experience the breathtaking beauty of the largest waterfall in North America and take a boat tour for a truly immersive experience.
2. Buffalo Zoo: Located just a short drive from the airport, the Buffalo Zoo is a popular attraction for families. Home to over 1,000 animals including lions, tigers, giraffes, and penguins, the zoo offers a great opportunity to learn about and interact with various species.
3. Albright-Knox Art Gallery: For art enthusiasts, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery should not be missed. This world-renowned cultural institution features an extensive collection of modern and contemporary art, including works by Picasso, Monet, and Warhol.
4. Anchor Bar: Indulge in Buffalo’s culinary specialty, the Buffalo wings, at the iconic Anchor Bar. Just a short distance from the airport, this is where the famous hot wings originated, making it a must-visit spot for foodies.
5. Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens: Escape to a lush oasis at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. Explore the stunning collection of flora from around the world, stroll through beautifully designed gardens, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
6. Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: If you’re feeling lucky, head to Seneca Niagara Casino, located in Niagara Falls. With over 4,000 slot machines, table games, and live entertainment, it offers a vibrant and exciting atmosphere for those looking to test their luck.
7. Canalside: Situated along Buffalo’s historic Erie Canal, Canalside is a vibrant waterfront district offering lively concerts, food festivals, and numerous outdoor activities. Take a beautiful stroll, rent a kayak, or enjoy a bike ride along the water.
8. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin D. Martin House: Architecture enthusiasts will appreciate a visit to the famous Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Darwin D. Martin House. Witness Wright’s genius in this stunning complex, considered one of his greatest achievements.
9. Shea’s Performing Arts Center: Catch a live Broadway show or a stunning performance at Shea’s Performing Arts Center. This beautifully restored historic theater hosts a variety of productions, offering a memorable experience for theater lovers.
10. Buffalo Museum of Science: Situated near downtown Buffalo, the Buffalo Museum of Science is a captivating museum that aims to educate and inspire visitors through its extensive exhibits on natural history, astronomy, and technology.
These attractions near Buffalo Niagara International Airport provide a diverse range of experiences, from the natural beauty of Niagara Falls to cultural and culinary delights in Buffalo.
History of Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) is a public airport located in Cheektowaga, New York, United States. The airport was originally built in 1926 as a small airfield known as Buffalo Municipal Airport. In 1933, the airport was renamed Buffalo Airport and was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft. During World War II, the airport was used as a military base and was later returned to civilian use in 1946.
In the 1950s, the airport underwent major renovations and expansions, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway. In 1991, the airport was renamed Buffalo Niagara International Airport to reflect its growing importance as a regional hub. Today, the airport serves over 5 million passengers annually and is the third-busiest airport in New York State.
In recent years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. These include the construction of a new parking garage, the expansion of the terminal building, and the addition of new restaurants and shops. The airport also offers a variety of amenities for travelers, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a pet relief area. With its rich history and ongoing commitment to modernization, Buffalo Niagara International Airport continues to be an important transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in New York, United States
- Adirondack Regional Airport
- Albany International Airport
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Chautauqua County-Jamestown Airport
- Dutchess County Airport
- Elmira Corning Regional Airport
- Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- Greater Binghamton/Edwin A Link field
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Griffiss International Airport
- Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport
- John F Kennedy International Airport
- La Guardia Airport
- Long Island Mac Arthur Airport
- Massena International Airport Richards Field
- New York Stewart International Airport
- Niagara Falls International Airport
- Plattsburgh International Airport
- Republic Airport
- Schenectady County Airport
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport
- Watertown International Airport
- Westchester County Airport
- Wheeler Sack Army Air Field