Burwash Airport is a small regional airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community and provides access to remote areas of the territory. Despite its small size, the airport plays an important role in connecting people and goods to the rest of the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Burwash Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Burwash Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Burwash Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Burwash Airport
- Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
How to Get to Burwash Airport
Burwash Airport is located in the Yukon Territory of Canada and is accessible by road. The airport is situated approximately 25 kilometers south of the town of Burwash Landing. To get to Burwash Airport, visitors can take the Alaska Highway and turn onto the Burwash Road. The airport is located at the end of this road.
If you are traveling from Whitehorse, the capital city of the Yukon Territory, it will take approximately 4 hours to reach Burwash Airport. Visitors can take the Alaska Highway south and turn onto the Burwash Road. The road is well-maintained and is accessible year-round.
There are no public transportation options available to get to Burwash Airport. Visitors will need to rent a car or arrange for a private transfer to reach the airport. It is recommended to plan ahead and make arrangements for transportation before arriving in the area.
Burwash Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still a few ways to get to and from Burwash Airport.
1. Rental Cars: There are a few rental car companies located at the airport, including Budget and National. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the surrounding area or need to travel to a nearby town.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport, but it’s recommended to book in advance as there may not always be a taxi waiting at the airport. Taxis are a convenient option if you’re traveling alone or with a small group.
3. Shuttle Services: There are a few shuttle services available that can take you to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be a good option if you’re traveling with a larger group.
4. Public Transportation: While there is no public transportation directly to the airport, there are bus services that run to nearby towns such as Whitehorse. From there, you can take a taxi or shuttle to the airport.
Overall, while Burwash Airport may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still a few reliable ways to get to and from the airport. Whether you choose to rent a car, take a taxi, or use a shuttle service, you’ll be able to get where you need to go.
Burwash Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parks and their locations:
1. Short Stay Car Park: This car park is located just a few steps away from the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who are looking for a quick and easy parking solution. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers, or for those who are going on short trips.
2. Long Stay Car Park: This car park is located a bit further away from the terminal building, but it is still within walking distance. It is ideal for those who are going on longer trips and need to leave their car at the airport for several days or weeks.
3. Premium Car Park: This car park is located closest to the terminal building and offers the most convenient parking solution for travelers. It is ideal for those who are looking for a hassle-free parking experience and are willing to pay a bit more for the convenience.
4. Meet and Greet Car Park: This car park is located right outside the terminal building and offers a convenient valet parking service. A member of staff will meet you at the terminal and park your car for you, making it the most convenient option for those who are short on time or have heavy luggage.
Overall, Burwash Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy parking solution or a more premium service, there is a car park to suit your needs.
Car Rental at Burwash Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental
Burwash Airport Terminals is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is equipped with basic amenities such as restrooms, a small café, and a gift shop. The airport also has a small parking lot for passengers who need to leave their vehicles while traveling.
Despite its small size, Burwash Airport Terminals is an important transportation hub for the surrounding communities. The airport provides regular flights to Whitehorse, the capital city of the Yukon Territory, as well as to other destinations in Canada and the United States. The airport is also used by local businesses for cargo shipments and by tourists who want to explore the wilderness of the Yukon.
The staff at Burwash Airport Terminals are friendly and helpful, and they work hard to ensure that passengers have a pleasant experience. The airport is well-maintained and clean, and passengers can expect to have a smooth and efficient check-in and boarding process. Overall, Burwash Airport Terminals is a reliable and convenient airport for travelers in the Yukon Territory.
- Air Canada: Flights to and from Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
- WestJet: Flights to and from Edmonton, Winnipeg and Calgary.
- Porter Airlines: Flights to and from Ottawa.
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter: Offering charter flights and air ambulance services.
- Transwest Air: Offering charter flights and air ambulance services to and from the region.
Burwash Airport is a small regional airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures at Burwash Airport is the use of x-ray machines and metal detectors to screen passengers and their luggage. All passengers must pass through these machines before boarding their flights, and any suspicious items are thoroughly inspected by security personnel.
In addition to these screening measures, Burwash Airport also has a strict policy on the types of items that can be brought onto planes. For example, passengers are not allowed to bring any liquids or gels over 100ml in size, and all sharp objects must be checked in with their luggage.
Overall, the security protocols at Burwash Airport are designed to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. While these measures may seem strict, they are necessary to prevent any potential threats and to maintain the airport’s reputation as a safe and secure travel hub.
Burwash Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers who require additional help while navigating through the airport. The service is available to all passengers, regardless of their age or physical ability. The aim of the service is to ensure that all travelers have a comfortable and stress-free experience while traveling through the airport.
The assistance provided by Burwash Airport Traveler’s Assistance includes help with check-in, security screening, and boarding. The service also provides assistance with baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and escorting travelers to their departure gate. The staff members are trained to provide personalized assistance to each traveler, taking into consideration their specific needs and requirements.
The service is available 24/7 and can be booked in advance or requested on the day of travel. The staff members are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, ensuring that travelers feel comfortable and confident throughout their journey. Overall, Burwash Airport Traveler’s Assistance is an excellent service that provides invaluable support to travelers who require additional assistance while navigating through the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Burwash Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
1. Burwash Airport Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, snacks, and drinks.
2. Duty Free: Offers a wide selection of duty-free items such as alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
3. Newsstand: Offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and books.
1. The Burwash Airport Café: Offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and drinks.
2. The Burwash Airport Bar: Offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
3. The Burwash Airport Deli: Offers a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Burwash Airport, also known as Burwash Landing Airport, is a small airport located in Burwash Landing, Yukon, Canada. The airport does not have any dedicated prayer rooms or worship areas on its premises. However, passengers and visitors can find nearby places of worship in the surrounding area.
The closest place of worship is the Burwash Landing Community Church, located just a few minutes’ drive from the airport. The church offers regular services and welcomes visitors of all faiths. Another option is the St. Mary’s Catholic Church, located in the nearby town of Destruction Bay, which is about a 20-minute drive from the airport.
Additionally, there are several other churches and religious institutions located in the nearby towns of Haines Junction and Beaver Creek, which are both within an hour’s drive from the airport. These include the Haines Junction Community Church, the Beaver Creek Community Church, and the Beaver Creek Bible Church.
While there are no dedicated prayer rooms or worship areas at Burwash Airport, passengers and visitors can find nearby places of worship to meet their spiritual needs. It is always recommended to check the hours of operation and availability of services before visiting any place of worship.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Burwash Airport is a small regional airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of amenities for travelers, including WiFi and workspace facilities.
The airport’s WiFi network is free to use and available throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect their devices to the network and enjoy high-speed internet access while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is reliable and fast, making it easy for travelers to stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues.
For those who need to get work done while at the airport, Burwash Airport also offers workspace facilities. These facilities include comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets for charging devices. The workspace area is quiet and conducive to productivity, making it an ideal spot for business travelers or anyone who needs to catch up on work while waiting for their flight.
In addition to WiFi and workspace facilities, Burwash Airport also offers a range of other amenities for travelers. These include a café, gift shop, and restrooms. The airport is small and easy to navigate, making it a convenient and stress-free option for travelers in the Yukon Territory.
Overall, Burwash Airport is a great option for travelers looking for a comfortable and convenient airport experience. With free WiFi and workspace facilities, passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
- The Maple Leaf Lounge at Toronto Pearson International Airport – Terminal 1, near Gate D1
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Toronto Pearson International Airport – Terminal 3, near Gate F83
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – Main Terminal, near Gate 8
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Vancouver International Airport – International Terminal, near Gate A3
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Calgary International Airport – International Terminal, near Gate A4
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Ottawa International Airport – Main Terminal, near Gate 7
Accomodation Options Nearby Burwash Airport
1. Burwash Airport Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers. It features a 24-hour front desk, free WiFi, and a restaurant.
2. Burwash Airport Campground: This campground is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of camping sites for travelers. It features a playground, fire pits, and a picnic area.
3. Burwash Airport Hostel: This hostel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers budget-friendly accommodation for travelers. It features a shared kitchen, free WiFi, and a lounge area.
4. Burwash Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed & breakfast is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers. It features a garden, free WiFi, and a restaurant.
1. Bateman’s: This historic house was once the home of Rudyard Kipling and is now open to the public as a museum. Visitors can explore the house and gardens and learn about Kipling’s life and work.
2. Bewl Water: This large reservoir is a popular spot for water sports, fishing, and hiking. There are also several cafes and restaurants on site.
3. Scotney Castle: This 14th-century castle and its picturesque gardens are open to the public. Visitors can explore the castle ruins and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
4. Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest: This large forested area is home to a collection of conifers from around the world. Visitors can explore the forest on foot or by bike and enjoy the many trails and picnic areas.
5. Hastings: This seaside town is famous for its historic Old Town, which features a number of medieval buildings and narrow streets. Visitors can also enjoy the beach, pier, and many shops and restaurants.
6. Rye: This charming medieval town is known for its cobbled streets, historic buildings, and beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Visitors can explore the town’s many shops, cafes, and galleries.
7. Bodiam Castle: This 14th-century castle is one of the most famous in England and is surrounded by a moat. Visitors can explore the castle and its grounds and learn about its history.
8. Battle Abbey: This historic abbey was built on the site of the Battle of Hastings and is now open to the public. Visitors can explore the abbey ruins and learn about the famous battle that took place there.
History of Burwash Airport
Burwash Airport, also known as Burwash Landing Airport, is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a refueling stop for military aircraft during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for commercial purposes, primarily for transporting goods and supplies to remote communities in the Yukon.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent significant upgrades, including the construction of a new runway and terminal building. These improvements allowed for larger aircraft to use the airport, and it became an important hub for air transportation in the region. However, with the construction of new highways and the decline of the mining industry in the area, the airport’s importance diminished over time.
Today, Burwash Airport is primarily used for general aviation and serves as a base for air charter companies and bush pilots. Despite its small size and limited use, the airport remains an important part of the local community and continues to play a vital role in connecting remote areas of the Yukon with the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
- Beaver Creek Airport
- Burwash Airport
- Dawson City Airport
- Faro Airport
- Haines Junction Airport
- Herschel Island Field
- Mayo Airport
- Old Crow Airport
- Ross River Airport
- Teslin Airport
- Watson Lake Airport
- Whitehorse / Erik Nielsen International Airport