Cambridge Bay Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community, providing connections to other parts of the territory and beyond. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of services and amenities for travelers passing through.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cambridge Bay Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cambridge Bay Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cambridge Bay Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cambridge Bay Airport
- Other Airports in Nunavut, Canada
How to Get to Cambridge Bay Airport
Cambridge Bay Airport is located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. To get to the airport, you can take a flight from major Canadian cities such as Edmonton, Yellowknife, or Ottawa. There are several airlines that operate flights to Cambridge Bay Airport, including Canadian North, First Air, and Calm Air.
If you are driving, the airport is located on the outskirts of Cambridge Bay and can be accessed via the Arctic Circle Highway. However, it is important to note that the highway is only open during the summer months and is not recommended for inexperienced drivers.
Once you arrive at the airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport also offers shuttle services to and from the town of Cambridge Bay, which is located approximately 5 kilometers away.
Overall, getting to Cambridge Bay Airport is relatively straightforward, with several flight options available from major Canadian cities. It is important to plan ahead and check the availability of flights and transportation options before your trip.
Cambridge Bay Airport is a small airport located in Nunavut, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Cambridge Bay. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
2. Car rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis and Budget. Renting a car is a convenient option for those who want to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels in Cambridge Bay offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation system in Cambridge Bay, but some locals may offer rides to travelers for a fee. It is recommended to arrange this in advance.
5. Walking: If you are staying close to the airport, walking may be a viable option. The airport is located in the center of Cambridge Bay, and many attractions are within walking distance.
Overall, there are several transportation options available at Cambridge Bay Airport, including taxis, car rentals, shuttle services, public transportation, and walking. Choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Cambridge Bay Airport offers two parking options for travelers: short-term and long-term parking. Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building, while long-term parking is located a short distance away from the terminal.
Short-term parking is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The parking lot is conveniently located just steps away from the terminal entrance, making it easy to access the airport.
Long-term parking is perfect for travelers who need to leave their vehicle at the airport for an extended period of time. The parking lot is located a short distance away from the terminal, but a complimentary shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport.
Both short-term and long-term parking options at Cambridge Bay Airport are safe and secure, with 24-hour surveillance and regular patrols by airport security personnel. Parking rates are affordable and competitive, making it easy for travelers to park their vehicles without breaking the bank.
Car Rental at Cambridge Bay Airport
Cambridge Bay Airport offers rental cars from several companies, such as:
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Cambridge Bay Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal building is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary facilities to make passengers’ travel experience comfortable and convenient.
The terminal building has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating arrangements for passengers. There are also several food and beverage outlets, including a café and a restaurant, where passengers can grab a quick bite or enjoy a full meal before their flight. The airport also has a duty-free shop where passengers can purchase souvenirs, gifts, and other items.
The airport terminal building also has several amenities for passengers with special needs, including wheelchair accessibility, accessible restrooms, and designated parking spaces. The airport staff is trained to assist passengers with disabilities and provide them with the necessary support and assistance.
Overall, Cambridge Bay Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-equipped facility that provides passengers with a comfortable and convenient travel experience. The airport’s staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are designed to meet the needs of all passengers, including those with special needs.
- First Air: Serving destinations such as Yellowknife, Rankin Inlet, and Ottawa.
- Kivalliq Air: Offers flights to Rankin Inlet and Arviat.
- Canadian North: Serves destinations including Yellowknife, Edmonton, and Ottawa.
- Aklak Air: Provides flights to Inuvik and Yellowknife.
Cambridge Bay Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to go through a security screening before boarding their flight. This includes passing through a metal detector and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security screening, the airport also has a security team on-site to monitor the airport and respond to any potential threats. The team is trained to handle a variety of situations, from minor incidents to more serious security breaches.
Overall, Cambridge Bay Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing these measures, the airport is able to mitigate potential risks and ensure that everyone who passes through its doors can do so with peace of mind.
Cambridge Bay Airport, located in Nunavut, Canada, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. The staff are trained to provide assistance in multiple languages, including English, French, and Inuktitut.
The airport also offers wheelchair assistance for travelers with mobility issues. The staff can provide assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as with navigating the airport terminal. Additionally, the airport has accessible washrooms and parking spaces for disabled travelers.
For travelers with young children, the airport provides baby-changing facilities and a play area to keep children entertained while waiting for their flight. The airport also has a restaurant and a gift shop where travelers can purchase snacks, drinks, and souvenirs.
Overall, Cambridge Bay Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. The airport’s friendly and helpful staff are always on hand to provide assistance and ensure that travelers have a pleasant journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Cambridge Bay Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
1. Cambridge Bay Airport Gift Shop – Offers souvenirs, books, magazines, snacks, and more.
2. Arctic Ventures – A local store offering a wide selection of groceries, clothing, and gifts.
3. Arctic Co-op – A convenience store with a selection of snacks, beverages, and other items.
1. The Arctic Café – A cozy café serving up hot meals, sandwiches, and snacks.
2. The Airport Bistro – Offers a variety of hot meals, sandwiches, and snacks.
3. The Arctic Deli – A deli-style restaurant serving up freshly made sandwiches and salads.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cambridge Bay Airport, located in Nunavut, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their faith and perform religious rituals. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Cambridge Bay Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the main level of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Inuit Prayer Room: The Inuit Prayer Room is located on the main level of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. This room is specifically designed for Inuit people and provides a space for traditional Inuit prayer and ceremony.
3. Christian Worship Area: The Christian Worship Area is located on the main level of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. This area is designed for Christian worship and provides a space for prayer, Bible study, and other religious activities.
4. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the main level of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. This room is specifically designed for Muslim prayer and provides a space for individuals to perform their daily prayers.
Overall, Cambridge Bay Airport offers a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and respectful environment for individuals to practice their faith.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cambridge Bay Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal building, allowing you to stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to get work done on the go. The airport’s business center is equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and power outlets, making it the perfect place to catch up on emails, make phone calls, or finish up a project.
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Cambridge Bay Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to help you stay connected and productive during your time at the airport. So sit back, relax, and get to work!
- The Arctic Coast Lounge: Located in the Cambridge Bay Airport terminal, this lounge is an ideal spot for travelers to relax and unwind before or after their flight.
- The Northern Lights Lounge: Located in the Cambridge Bay Airport terminal, this lounge offers an array of food, drinks, and entertainment options for travelers to enjoy.
- The Tundra Club Lounge: Located in the Cambridge Bay Airport terminal, this lounge is designed to provide a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for travelers.
Accomodation Options Nearby Cambridge Bay Airport
1. Cambridge Bay Hotel: Located just a short walk from the airport, the Cambridge Bay Hotel offers comfortable rooms with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a lounge.
2. Nunavut Arctic College Residence: The Nunavut Arctic College Residence is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of accommodation options ranging from single rooms to family suites.
3. Inns North: Inns North is a local chain of hotels located near the airport, offering comfortable rooms and amenities such as a restaurant, lounge, and free Wi-Fi.
4. Arctic Chalet: The Arctic Chalet is a cozy bed and breakfast located a short drive from the airport. It offers a variety of rooms and amenities such as a restaurant and lounge.
5. Arctic Haven Wilderness Lodge: Located a short drive from the airport, the Arctic Haven Wilderness Lodge offers a unique experience with comfortable rooms and amenities such as a restaurant and lounge.
Cambridge Bay Airport is located in the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut, Canada. The airport serves as a gateway to the Arctic and offers visitors a chance to explore the unique culture and natural beauty of the region. Here are some of the attractions near Cambridge Bay Airport:
1. Ulukhaktok: This small Inuvialuit community is located on the west coast of Victoria Island and is known for its traditional arts and crafts. Visitors can purchase handmade carvings, clothing, and jewelry from local artists.
2. Thomsen River: This scenic river is a popular spot for canoeing and kayaking. It offers stunning views of the surrounding tundra and is home to a variety of wildlife, including caribou, muskoxen, and grizzly bears.
3. Kitikmeot Heritage Society: This museum showcases the history and culture of the Kitikmeot region. Visitors can learn about the traditional Inuit way of life, view artifacts from the area’s whaling and fur trading industries, and see exhibits on contemporary Inuit art.
4. Arctic Char Fishing: The waters around Cambridge Bay are home to some of the best Arctic char fishing in the world. Visitors can hire a local guide and try their luck at catching this delicious fish.
5. Northern Lights: Cambridge Bay is one of the best places in the world to view the Northern Lights. Visitors can take a guided tour or simply step outside on a clear night to see the spectacular display of colors in the sky.
6. Northwest Passage: Cambridge Bay is located on the Northwest Passage, a historic shipping route that connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Visitors can learn about the history of exploration in the region and see the remains of historic ships and buildings.
Overall, Cambridge Bay Airport offers visitors a chance to experience the unique culture and natural beauty of the Arctic. From traditional Inuit communities to scenic rivers and wildlife viewing opportunities, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this remote and beautiful part of Canada.
History of Cambridge Bay Airport
Cambridge Bay Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. The airport was first built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airfield was used for civilian purposes and was eventually upgraded to a full airport in the 1960s.
In the 1980s, the airport underwent major renovations and expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and increased traffic. The runway was extended and a new terminal building was constructed. Today, the airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the remote community of Cambridge Bay and the surrounding area.
Despite its remote location, the airport has played an important role in Canadian history. During the Cold War, the airport was used as a strategic location for monitoring Soviet activity in the Arctic. It was also used as a base for scientific research expeditions to the North Pole.
In recent years, the airport has faced challenges due to climate change and melting permafrost. The runway has had to be repaired and reinforced to prevent damage from shifting ground. Despite these challenges, Cambridge Bay Airport remains an important transportation hub and a symbol of Canada’s northern heritage.
- Alert Airport
- Arviat Airport
- Baker Lake Airport
- Cambridge Bay Airport
- Cape Dorset Airport
- Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Clyde River Airport
- Coral Harbour Airport
- Gjoa Haven Airport
- Grise Fiord Airport
- Hall Beach Airport
- Igloolik Airport
- Iqaluit Airport
- Kimmirut Airport
- Kugaaruk Airport
- Kugluktuk Airport
- Naujaat Airport
- Pangnirtung Airport
- Pond Inlet Airport
- Qikiqtarjuaq Airport
- Rankin Inlet Airport
- Resolute Bay Airport
- Sanikiluaq Airport
- Taloyoak Airport
- Whale Cove Airport