Campbell River Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada. The airport serves as a gateway to the northern Vancouver Island region, providing scheduled passenger and cargo services, as well as general aviation facilities.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Campbell River Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Campbell River Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Campbell River Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Campbell River Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Campbell River Airport
Campbell River Airport is located approximately 10 kilometers south of the city center. To get there, you can take a taxi or drive your own vehicle. If you are driving, take Highway 19A south and turn left onto Jubilee Parkway. Follow the signs to the airport, which will be on your right-hand side.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there is a bus service that runs from the city center to the airport. The #3 bus route stops at the airport and runs every hour during the day. You can purchase a bus ticket from the driver or use a pre-paid transit card.
If you are coming from further away, there are also shuttle services available from nearby cities such as Nanaimo and Victoria. These services can be booked in advance and will pick you up from your location and drop you off at the airport. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
Overall, getting to Campbell River Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to drive, take public transportation, or use a shuttle service, you should have no trouble getting to your destination on time.
Campbell River Airport is a small regional airport located in Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal building. They offer a convenient and reliable option for travelers who prefer a door-to-door service. The fare from the airport to downtown Campbell River is approximately $25.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget, National, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding area at their own pace.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate in the Campbell River area, offering shared or private transportation to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and offer a comfortable and convenient option for travelers.
4. Public transportation: The Campbell River Transit System operates several bus routes that serve the airport. The #3 bus runs from the airport to downtown Campbell River and costs $2.50 per ride.
5. Private car service: Several private car services operate in the Campbell River area, offering luxury transportation options for travelers who want to arrive in style. These services can be booked in advance and offer a personalized experience.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Campbell River Airport is easy and convenient. With several options available, travelers can choose the one that best suits their needs and budget.
Campbell River Airport offers two parking options for travelers: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and each additional hour is $2.50.
Long-term parking is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for travelers who will be away for an extended period of time. The daily rate for long-term parking is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
Both short-term and long-term parking at Campbell River Airport are secure and well-lit, providing peace of mind for travelers. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosk located in the terminal building or through the HonkMobile app.
Car Rental at Campbell River Airport
- Avis Rent A Car – Campbell River Airport
- Budget Rent A Car – Campbell River Airport
- Enterprise Rent A Car – Campbell River Airport
- Hertz Rent A Car – Campbell River Airport
- National Rent A Car – Campbell River Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental – Campbell River Airport
Campbell River Airport is a small regional airport located on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with a few amenities, including a café, gift shop, and car rental services. The terminal is clean and well-maintained, with friendly staff available to assist passengers.
The international terminal is a newer building, opened in 2017, and is much larger than the domestic terminal. It features modern architecture and design, with large windows that provide plenty of natural light and stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The terminal has a spacious waiting area, a café, and a duty-free shop. There are also several car rental companies located in the terminal building.
Both terminals at Campbell River Airport are easily accessible and offer a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. The airport is served by several airlines, including Air Canada, Pacific Coastal Airlines, and WestJet, with flights to destinations across Canada and the United States. Overall, Campbell River Airport is a great option for travelers looking for a hassle-free airport experience on Vancouver Island.
- Air Canada Express: Direct flights to Vancouver
- WestJet Encore: Direct flights to Vancouver
- Orca Airways: Direct flights to Vancouver and Comox
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Direct flights to Vancouver, Comox, and Victoria
- Central Mountain Air: Connecting flights to Vancouver
Campbell River Airport takes the safety and security of its passengers very seriously. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure that all passengers and their belongings are screened thoroughly before boarding their flights.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before entering the boarding area. This checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and other screening equipment to detect any prohibited items. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detectors.
In addition to these measures, Campbell River Airport also employs trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. These personnel are trained to identify suspicious behavior and to take appropriate action if necessary.
Overall, Campbell River Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and staff. By implementing these measures, the airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for travelers, while also complying with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
Campbell River Airport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. The airport has a team of friendly and knowledgeable staff who are always available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have. The airport also has a customer service desk located in the main terminal building where passengers can seek assistance.
For passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities, Campbell River Airport provides a range of services to ensure that they can travel comfortably and safely. The airport has wheelchair assistance available upon request, and staff are trained to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities. The airport also has accessible parking spaces and toilets, as well as designated seating areas for passengers with disabilities.
In addition to these services, Campbell River Airport also offers a range of amenities to make passengers’ travel experience more enjoyable. The airport has a café and restaurant where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee before their flight. There are also shops selling souvenirs, gifts, and travel essentials. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, and there are charging stations for electronic devices.
Overall, Campbell River Airport is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience. Whether you need assistance with mobility, have a query or concern, or simply want to relax before your flight, the airport’s staff are always on hand to help.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Flight Deck Cafe: Located in the main terminal, this cafe offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
2. The Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
3. The Airport Bookstore: Located in the main terminal, this bookstore has a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
4. The Airport Lounge: This lounge offers a comfortable seating area with complimentary Wi-Fi and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
5. The Airport Bar: Located in the main terminal, this bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
6. The Airport Restaurant: This restaurant offers a selection of hot and cold meals, snacks, and drinks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Campbell River Airport offers travelers two prayer rooms and worship areas located on the main floor of the terminal building.
The first prayer room and worship area is located at the north end of the terminal building, adjacent to the security screening area. This prayer room offers travelers a quiet, private space to meditate, pray, or worship. A variety of religious materials, such as Qurans, Bibles, and other literature, are also available.
The second prayer room and worship area is located at the south end of the terminal building, adjacent to the arrivals area. This prayer room offers travelers a second, private space to meditate, pray, or worship. A variety of religious materials, such as Qurans, Bibles, and other literature, are also available.
Both prayer rooms and worship areas offer travelers a private, quiet space to practice their faith without disruption.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Campbell River Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport terminal and can be accessed by selecting the “CR Airport” network on your device.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides a comfortable workspace for travelers who need to catch up on work or study. The airport’s lounge area features ample seating, power outlets, and tables for working or studying. The lounge area is located near the departure gates and is accessible to all passengers.
For those who require more privacy, the airport also offers a private meeting room that can be rented by the hour. The meeting room is equipped with a conference table, chairs, and a whiteboard, making it an ideal space for business meetings or group discussions.
Overall, Campbell River Airport provides convenient and comfortable facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- The Pacific Club – Located at the Campbell River Airport, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free WiFi, and complimentary beverages.
- The Club Lounge – Located at the Campbell River Airport, this lounge offers a private seating area, complimentary snacks, and a selection of beverages.
- The Sky Lounge – Located at the Campbell River Airport, this lounge offers a selection of snacks and beverages, private seating, and complimentary WiFi.
Accomodation Options Nearby Campbell River Airport
1. Best Western Austrian Chalet: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
2. Comfort Inn & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
3. Travelodge by Wyndham Campbell River: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
4. Coast Discovery Inn & Marina: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
5. Ocean Resort: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
6. Heron’s Landing Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
7. Discovery Harbour Marina & Resort: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Campbell River Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
1. Elk Falls Provincial Park: Located just a few minutes away from Campbell River Airport, Elk Falls Provincial Park is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers. The park features a stunning waterfall, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
2. Discovery Fishing Pier: The Discovery Fishing Pier is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts. The pier offers stunning views of Discovery Passage and is a great place to watch the sunset.
3. Maritime Heritage Centre: The Maritime Heritage Centre is a museum that showcases the maritime history of Campbell River. The museum features exhibits on fishing, boat building, and the local First Nations culture.
4. Campbell River Whale Watching: Campbell River is known for its whale watching tours. Visitors can take a boat tour to see orcas, humpback whales, and other marine wildlife.
5. Quadra Island: Quadra Island is a short ferry ride away from Campbell River and is a popular destination for hiking, kayaking, and wildlife viewing.
6. Campbell River Art Gallery: The Campbell River Art Gallery features contemporary art exhibitions and workshops. The gallery also hosts events and performances throughout the year.
7. Campbell River Estuary: The Campbell River Estuary is a protected wildlife area that is home to a variety of bird species. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore the area on their own.
8. Strathcona Provincial Park: Strathcona Provincial Park is a wilderness area that offers hiking, camping, and fishing opportunities. The park is home to the highest peak on Vancouver Island, Mount Albert Edward.
History of Campbell River Airport
Campbell River Airport is a small regional airport located in Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has a rich history that dates back to the early 1940s when it was first established as a military airfield. During World War II, the airport served as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force and was used to train pilots for the war effort.
After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was used primarily for commercial and general aviation purposes. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region. Today, the airport is a modern facility that serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community.
In recent years, the airport has also become a popular destination for tourists and aviation enthusiasts. The airport hosts several events throughout the year, including airshows and fly-ins, which attract visitors from all over the world. With its rich history and modern facilities, Campbell River Airport is a testament to the importance of aviation in the development of the region and the country as a whole.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport