Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation link for the community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as connecting residents to larger urban centers. Despite its small size, the airport plays a crucial role in the daily lives of those who call Cat Lake home.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cat Lake Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cat Lake Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cat Lake Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cat Lake Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Cat Lake Airport
Cat Lake Airport is located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. There are no roads that lead to the airport, so the only way to get there is by air. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Wasaya Airways, North Star Air, and Thunder Airlines.
To get to Cat Lake Airport, you will need to book a flight with one of the airlines that services the airport. You can do this online or by calling the airline directly. Flights depart from several cities in Ontario, including Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, and Timmins.
Once you arrive at Cat Lake Airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle to take you to your final destination. The airport is located about 2 kilometers from the community of Cat Lake, so it is a short drive to most destinations in the area.
Overall, getting to Cat Lake Airport requires a bit of planning and coordination, but it is the only way to access this remote community in northern Ontario. With several airlines offering regular flights to the airport, it is relatively easy to get there from many cities in the region.
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size and location, there are a few transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: The most convenient option for transportation to and from Cat Lake Airport is a taxi service. There are a few local taxi companies that operate in the area and can be contacted to arrange for pick-up and drop-off at the airport.
2. Car Rental: Another option for transportation is to rent a car from one of the car rental companies located in the nearby town of Sioux Lookout. This option is ideal for travelers who want the flexibility to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from Cat Lake Airport. This option is convenient for travelers who have booked accommodations at these properties.
4. Private Transportation: Private transportation services can also be arranged for travelers who prefer a more personalized and customized travel experience. These services can be arranged through local tour operators or travel agencies.
It is important to note that due to the remote location of Cat Lake Airport, transportation options may be limited and travelers are advised to plan ahead and make arrangements in advance.
Cat Lake Airport offers convenient and secure car parking options for travelers. There are two parking areas available at the airport: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. This parking area is available for a maximum of 24 hours and is charged at an hourly rate.
Long-term parking is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who require parking for an extended period. This parking area is charged at a daily rate and offers 24-hour security surveillance to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
Both parking areas at Cat Lake Airport are easily accessible and well-maintained, providing travelers with peace of mind while they are away. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Cat Lake Airport’s car parking options are designed to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Cat Lake Airport
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for arrivals and one for departures. The terminals are small and basic, but they provide all the necessary facilities for passengers to check-in, board their flights, and collect their baggage.
The arrival terminal at Cat Lake Airport is a single-story building with a small waiting area, a baggage claim area, and a check-in counter. The terminal is equipped with basic amenities such as restrooms, drinking water, and a payphone. The terminal is staffed by friendly and helpful airport personnel who are always ready to assist passengers with their needs.
The departure terminal at Cat Lake Airport is also a single-story building with a small waiting area, a check-in counter, and a security checkpoint. The terminal is equipped with basic amenities such as restrooms, drinking water, and a payphone. The terminal is staffed by security personnel who ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings. Overall, the terminals at Cat Lake Airport may be small, but they provide all the necessary facilities for passengers to have a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience.
- Cat Lake Airport offers commercial flights operated by Wasaya Airways.
- Passengers may fly to and from destinations such as Pickle Lake, Fort Frances, and Sioux Lookout.
- In addition to regular passenger services, Wasaya Airways also offers charter flights from Cat Lake Airport.
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes security very seriously. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding the aircraft. The screening process includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and physical searches if necessary.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has strict protocols for employees and visitors. All employees are required to undergo background checks and receive security training. Visitors are required to sign in and out of the airport and are only allowed in designated areas.
The airport also has a security team on site 24/7 to monitor the premises and respond to any security incidents. The team works closely with local law enforcement and other agencies to ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
Overall, Cat Lake Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented comprehensive protocols to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. These protocols are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure they remain effective and up-to-date with the latest security standards.
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It serves as an important transportation hub for the local community and visitors to the area. To ensure that travelers have a smooth and hassle-free experience, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the key services offered at Cat Lake Airport is baggage handling. The airport staff is trained to handle baggage with care and ensure that it is loaded and unloaded safely. They also assist travelers with any special needs or requirements, such as oversized or fragile items.
Another important service provided at Cat Lake Airport is passenger assistance. The airport staff is available to help travelers with any questions or concerns they may have, including directions to their destination, flight information, and local amenities. They can also provide assistance to passengers with disabilities or mobility issues, ensuring that they have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Overall, Cat Lake Airport is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that travelers have a positive experience. Whether you are a local resident or a visitor to the area, you can count on the airport staff to provide the assistance you need to make your journey as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Cat Lake Airport Café: This cozy café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, light snacks, and sandwiches.
2. Cat Lake Airport Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks at this convenient shop.
3. Cat Lake Airport Bar: Enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine while waiting for your flight at this full-service bar.
4. Cat Lake Airport Newsstand: Pick up the latest newspapers and magazines for your flight.
5. Cat Lake Airport Bookstore: Find books, magazines, and other reading materials for your journey.
6. Cat Lake Airport Duty-Free Shop: Shop for duty-free items such as alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
7. Cat Lake Airport Restaurant: Enjoy a full-service restaurant with a variety of hot and cold dishes.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport offers a few options for prayer and worship for travelers and visitors.
1. Prayer Room – The airport has a designated prayer room located inside the terminal building. The prayer room is open to all travelers and visitors and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Outdoor Worship Area – The airport also has an outdoor worship area located near the runway. The area is open to all and provides a serene and natural setting for worship and meditation.
3. Local Church – For those looking for a more traditional worship experience, there is a local church located in the community of Cat Lake. The church is just a short distance from the airport and offers regular services and events for visitors and residents alike.
Overall, while the options for prayer and worship at Cat Lake Airport may be limited, the airport and surrounding community offer a welcoming and inclusive environment for all visitors and travelers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size and location, the airport offers some basic facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. You can easily connect to the airport’s network and stay connected with your loved ones or work while waiting for your flight.
Workspace: The airport has a small seating area where you can sit and work on your laptop or read a book. The seating area is equipped with power outlets, so you can charge your devices while you work.
Refreshments: There is a small vending machine at the airport that offers snacks and drinks. You can grab a quick bite or a refreshing drink while waiting for your flight.
Restrooms: The airport has clean and well-maintained restrooms for passengers and visitors. You can freshen up before or after your flight.
Overall, Cat Lake Airport offers basic facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Whether you need to work or relax, the airport has everything you need to make your wait more enjoyable.
- The Club at CAT – Located at Cat Lake Airport in Ontario, Canada
- The Sky Lounge at CAT – Located at Cat Lake Airport in Ontario, Canada
- The Business Lounge at CAT – Located at Cat Lake Airport in Ontario, Canada
- The Executive Lounge at CAT – Located at Cat Lake Airport in Ontario, Canada
Accomodation Options Nearby Cat Lake Airport
1. Cat Lake Airport Lodge: Located just a few steps away from the airport, this lodge offers comfortable rooms with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a bar.
2. Cat Lake Inn: This inn is located within walking distance of the airport and offers a variety of room types, including single, double, and family rooms.
3. Cat Lake Hotel: This hotel is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
4. Cat Lake Campground: This campground is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of camping sites, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
5. Cat Lake Bed & Breakfast: This bed & breakfast is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of rooms, including single, double, and family rooms.
Cat Lake Airport is located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its isolated location, there are several attractions that visitors can explore in the surrounding area. Here are some of the top attractions near Cat Lake Airport:
1. Cat Lake First Nation: The airport is located within the traditional territory of the Cat Lake First Nation, which has a rich history and culture. Visitors can learn about the community’s traditions, language, and way of life by visiting the local cultural center.
2. Fishing: The area surrounding Cat Lake Airport is known for its excellent fishing opportunities. Visitors can try their luck at catching walleye, northern pike, and lake trout in the nearby lakes and rivers.
3. Hunting: The region is also popular for hunting, with opportunities to hunt moose, black bear, and other game animals. Visitors can arrange guided hunting trips with local outfitters.
4. Snowmobiling: During the winter months, the area around Cat Lake Airport is transformed into a winter wonderland. Snowmobiling is a popular activity, with miles of groomed trails to explore.
5. Northern Lights: The remote location of Cat Lake Airport makes it an ideal spot for viewing the Northern Lights. Visitors can witness the spectacular display of colors and patterns in the night sky during the winter months.
6. Hiking: The surrounding wilderness offers plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploring. Visitors can take a guided hike to see the local flora and fauna, or venture out on their own to discover hidden waterfalls and scenic vistas.
7. Cultural Events: Throughout the year, the Cat Lake First Nation hosts a variety of cultural events and celebrations. Visitors can experience traditional drumming, dancing, and storytelling, and learn about the community’s history and traditions.
History of Cat Lake Airport
Cat Lake Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Cat Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport was first established in the early 1960s as a gravel airstrip to provide access to the community for medical and emergency services. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and improvements to meet the growing needs of the community.
In 1984, the airport was upgraded to a paved runway, which allowed for larger aircraft to land and take off. This upgrade was essential for the community as it provided better access to essential services such as medical care, food, and supplies. In 2009, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and lighting upgrades.
Today, Cat Lake Airport serves as a vital transportation link for the community, connecting them to the rest of the world. The airport is primarily used for medical evacuations, cargo shipments, and passenger flights. Despite its remote location, the airport plays a crucial role in the lives of the people of Cat Lake, providing them with access to essential services and connecting them to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport