Caye Caulker Airport is a small airstrip located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. It serves as a gateway to the island for tourists and locals alike, with flights arriving and departing daily from Belize City and other destinations in the region. Despite its small size, the airport plays an important role in the island’s economy and tourism industry.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Caye Caulker Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Caye Caulker Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Caye Caulker Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Caye Caulker Airport
- Other Airports in Belize District, Belize
How to Get to Caye Caulker Airport
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airport located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. The airport is primarily used for domestic flights within Belize and is served by several local airlines.
To get to Caye Caulker Airport, the most common way is to take a water taxi from Belize City. The water taxi ride takes about 45 minutes and costs around $25 USD per person. The water taxi departs from the Belize City Marine Terminal and runs several times a day.
Another option is to take a small plane from Belize City Municipal Airport. The flight takes about 10 minutes and costs around $100 USD per person. Several local airlines offer flights to Caye Caulker Airport, including Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
Once you arrive at Caye Caulker Airport, you can easily walk to your hotel or take a taxi. The island is small and there are no cars, so walking or biking is the most common mode of transportation. Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to any part of the island for a reasonable price.
Caye Caulker is a small island located off the coast of Belize, and it is a popular destination for tourists who want to experience the laid-back Caribbean lifestyle. If you are planning a trip to Caye Caulker, one of the first things you will need to consider is how to get to the island. Fortunately, there are several transportation options available to you, including:
1. Water Taxi: The most popular way to get to Caye Caulker is by water taxi. There are several water taxi companies that operate between Belize City and Caye Caulker, and the journey takes about 45 minutes. The water taxis are comfortable and air-conditioned, and they run several times a day.
2. Private Boat: If you prefer a more personalized experience, you can hire a private boat to take you to Caye Caulker. This option is more expensive than the water taxi, but it allows you to travel at your own pace and enjoy the scenery along the way.
3. Airplane: If you are short on time or want to avoid the water altogether, you can take a small plane from Belize City to Caye Caulker. The flight takes about 10 minutes, and it offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
4. Golf Cart: Once you arrive on Caye Caulker, the main mode of transportation is by golf cart. You can rent a golf cart from several rental companies on the island, and it is a fun and convenient way to explore the island.
In conclusion, there are several transportation options available to get to Caye Caulker, including water taxi, private boat, airplane, and golf cart. Each option offers a unique experience, and you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
Unfortunately, there is no car parking available at Caye Caulker Airport. The airport is located on a small island and is only accessible by boat or plane. Visitors are advised to leave their cars on the mainland and take a water taxi or flight to the island. There are several parking options available on the mainland, including private parking lots and street parking. It is important to research parking options in advance and plan accordingly to ensure a stress-free trip to Caye Caulker.
Car Rental at Caye Caulker Airport
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airport located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small and compact, with a single check-in counter and a small waiting area for passengers.
The airport terminal is equipped with basic facilities such as restrooms, a small snack bar, and a souvenir shop. There are no duty-free shops or restaurants at the airport, but there are plenty of options available in the nearby town of Caye Caulker.
The airport terminal is open-air, which means that passengers can enjoy the warm tropical breeze while waiting for their flights. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Tropic Air and Maya Island Air, which offer regular flights to Belize City and other destinations in Belize.
Overall, Caye Caulker Airport Terminal is a small but efficient facility that provides a convenient gateway to the beautiful island of Caye Caulker. Despite its small size, the terminal is well-maintained and offers all the necessary amenities for a comfortable travel experience.
- Tropic Air: Offers daily scheduled flights to Belize City and other destinations in Belize.
- Maya Island Air: Offers charter flights to various destinations in Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico.
- Cayman Airways Express: Offers direct flights to Grand Cayman.
- Avianca: Offers direct flights to San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airport located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Despite its small size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes a metal detector and X-ray machine for carry-on luggage. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes and any metal objects before passing through the metal detector.
In addition to the security checkpoint, the airport also has security personnel on site to monitor the airport and ensure that all protocols are being followed. The airport also has a secure perimeter fence and security cameras to monitor the surrounding area.
Overall, Caye Caulker Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented strict protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when flying out of this airport.
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airport located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the most important services offered at Caye Caulker Airport is baggage handling. Passengers can expect their luggage to be handled with care and delivered promptly to the baggage claim area. Additionally, the airport provides assistance to passengers with disabilities or special needs, including wheelchair assistance and priority boarding.
For travelers in need of transportation, Caye Caulker Airport offers a variety of options. Taxis are readily available outside the terminal building, and the airport also provides shuttle services to nearby hotels and resorts. For those who prefer to explore the island on their own, car rental services are available at the airport.
Overall, Caye Caulker Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether you’re arriving or departing, the airport’s friendly and helpful staff are always on hand to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Lazy Lizard Bar & Grill: This beachfront restaurant and bar offers a variety of delicious Caribbean dishes, as well as a full bar with tropical cocktails.
2. The Sand Bar: This beachfront bar and restaurant offers a variety of light snacks and drinks, as well as live music and entertainment.
3. The Reef Bar & Grill: This beachfront restaurant and bar offers a variety of seafood dishes, as well as a full bar with tropical cocktails.
4. The Beach Shack: This beachfront restaurant and bar offers a variety of light snacks and drinks, as well as live music and entertainment.
5. The Island Market: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, snacks, and drinks, as well as local produce and seafood.
6. The Dive Shop: This shop offers a variety of dive gear and supplies, as well as snorkeling and diving tours.
7. The Gift Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, clothing, and accessories.
8. The Airport Café: This café offers a variety of light snacks and drinks, as well as a full bar with tropical cocktails.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Unfortunately, there are no known prayer rooms or worship areas located at Caye Caulker Airport. As a small airport, it does not have the facilities to accommodate such spaces. However, visitors are welcome to find a quiet area within the airport to pray or meditate. Alternatively, there are several churches and religious institutions located on the island that visitors can attend for worship services.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airport located on the island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Despite its small size, the airport offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
The airport provides free WiFi for all passengers. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy to stay connected with friends and family or get some work done while waiting for your flight.
While there are no dedicated workspaces at the airport, there are a few areas where you can set up your laptop and get some work done. The airport has a few benches and tables where you can sit and work, and there are also a few cafes and restaurants nearby that offer seating and WiFi.
Overall, while Caye Caulker Airport may not have the most extensive facilities for digital nomads or remote workers, it does offer enough amenities to ensure that you can stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
- Paradise Lounge: Located at the Caye Caulker International Airport, the Paradise Lounge offers a wide range of amenities, including complimentary drinks and snacks, comfortable seating, and free Wi-Fi.
- VIP Lounge: The VIP Lounge at the Caye Caulker International Airport is a luxurious lounge that offers private areas with comfortable seating, complimentary drinks and snacks, and free Wi-Fi.
- Executive Lounge: The Executive Lounge at the Caye Caulker International Airport provides a quiet and comfortable atmosphere, with complimentary drinks and snacks, comfortable seating, and free Wi-Fi.
Accomodation Options Nearby Caye Caulker Airport
1. Seaside Cabanas: Located just a few steps away from the Caye Caulker Airport, Seaside Cabanas offers comfortable and affordable rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, and free Wi-Fi.
2. The Palms Resort: The Palms Resort is a luxurious beachfront resort located just a few minutes away from the airport. It features a variety of amenities, including an outdoor pool, a spa, and a restaurant.
3. The Lazy Lizard Hostel: The Lazy Lizard Hostel is a budget-friendly option located just a few minutes away from the airport. It offers dorm-style rooms with shared bathrooms, air conditioning, and free Wi-Fi.
4. Island Cabanas: Island Cabanas is a beachfront hotel located just a few minutes away from the airport. It offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, and free Wi-Fi.
5. The Beach House: The Beach House is a beachfront hotel located just a few minutes away from the airport. It offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, and free Wi-Fi.
Caye Caulker Airport is located on the small island of Caye Caulker, which is a popular tourist destination in Belize. There are many attractions near the airport that visitors can enjoy during their stay on the island.
One of the main attractions near Caye Caulker Airport is the island’s beautiful beaches. The island is surrounded by crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches, making it the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun. Visitors can swim, snorkel, or scuba dive in the warm waters to explore the colorful coral reefs and marine life.
Another popular attraction near the airport is the Split, which is a narrow channel that separates the island into two parts. The Split is a great place to swim, sunbathe, or enjoy a refreshing drink at one of the beach bars.
Visitors can also explore the island’s mangrove forests by taking a kayak or boat tour. These tours offer a unique opportunity to see the island’s diverse wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, and a variety of bird species.
For those interested in history and culture, the island has several museums and art galleries that showcase the local art and history of the island. Visitors can also take a walking tour of the island to learn about its rich history and cultural heritage.
Overall, Caye Caulker Airport is surrounded by many attractions that offer something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural experiences, there’s plenty to see and do near the airport.
History of Caye Caulker Airport
Caye Caulker Airport is a small airstrip located on the island of Caye Caulker, Belize. The airport was first built in the 1960s and was initially used for military purposes. It was later converted into a commercial airport in the 1970s to cater to the growing tourism industry in the area.
The airport has a single runway that is approximately 2,500 feet long and 60 feet wide. It is capable of accommodating small aircraft such as Cessna 172s and 206s, as well as helicopters. The airport is operated by the Belize Airports Authority and is open from sunrise to sunset.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2015, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which was deemed inadequate to handle the increasing number of passengers. The new terminal features modern amenities such as a waiting lounge, restrooms, and a snack bar.
Today, Caye Caulker Airport serves as a vital transportation hub for tourists and locals alike, providing easy access to the island’s many attractions and activities. Despite its small size, the airport plays a significant role in the economic development of the area, contributing to the growth of the tourism industry and supporting local businesses.
Other Airports in Belize District, Belize
- Caye Caulker Airport
- Caye Chapel Airport
- Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Sir Barry Bowen Municipal Airport