CFB Trenton is a Canadian Forces Base located in Trenton, Ontario. It is the largest air force base in Canada and serves as the main hub for air transport operations in the country. The base is home to the Royal Canadian Air Force’s transport squadrons and provides support for military and humanitarian missions both domestically and internationally.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to CFB Trenton
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at CFB Trenton
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby CFB Trenton
- Attractions Nearby
- History of CFB Trenton
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to CFB Trenton
CFB Trenton is located in Trenton, Ontario, Canada. There are several ways to get to CFB Trenton, depending on your starting point.
If you are coming from Toronto, take Highway 401 East towards Kingston. Take exit 526 for Glen Miller Road and turn right onto Glen Miller Road. Follow the signs for CFB Trenton.
If you are coming from Ottawa, take Highway 417 West towards Arnprior. Take exit 145 for Highway 7 towards Carleton Place. Follow Highway 7 until you reach Highway 37 South. Take Highway 37 South towards Belleville. Follow the signs for CFB Trenton.
If you are coming from Montreal, take Highway 20 West towards Toronto. Merge onto Highway 401 West towards Kingston. Take exit 526 for Glen Miller Road and turn left onto Glen Miller Road. Follow the signs for CFB Trenton.
If you are coming from the United States, take the Thousand Islands Bridge to Highway 401 East towards Kingston. Take exit 526 for Glen Miller Road and turn right onto Glen Miller Road. Follow the signs for CFB Trenton.
Once you arrive at CFB Trenton, follow the signs to the main gate. You will need to present valid identification and follow security procedures to enter the base.
CFB Trenton, also known as Canadian Forces Base Trenton, is a military base located in Trenton, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest air force base in Canada and serves as the primary hub for air transport operations for the Canadian Armed Forces. If you are planning to visit or travel to CFB Trenton, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Car Rental: One of the most convenient ways to get around CFB Trenton is by renting a car. There are several car rental companies located in the nearby town of Trenton, including Enterprise, Budget, and Avis. You can book a car online or in person and pick it up at the airport or in town.
2. Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Trenton and can be used to get to and from CFB Trenton. You can hail a taxi on the street or call a local taxi company to arrange a pick-up. Some popular taxi companies in Trenton include Trenton Taxi, Quinte West Taxi, and Bay of Quinte Taxi.
3. Shuttle Service: If you are traveling to CFB Trenton as part of a group, you may want to consider using a shuttle service. There are several shuttle companies in the area that offer transportation to and from the base, including Quinte Access Transportation, Quinte West Transit, and Trenton Transit.
4. Public Transportation: Trenton Transit is the local public transportation system that serves the town of Trenton and surrounding areas. The bus system operates on a fixed route schedule and can be used to get to and from CFB Trenton. You can purchase bus tickets at the Trenton Transit terminal or on the bus.
5. Bike Rental: If you enjoy cycling, you can rent a bike in Trenton and ride to CFB Trenton. There are several bike rental companies in the area, including Bikes and Beyond and Pedal Pushers. You can rent a bike for a day or longer and explore the beautiful countryside around CFB Trenton.
CFB Trenton offers several car parking options for visitors and personnel. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Main Parking Lot: This is the largest parking area on the base and is located near the main entrance. It is accessible from RCAF Road and offers ample parking spaces for visitors and personnel.
2. Air Terminal Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the Air Terminal Building and is reserved for passengers and visitors using the airport facilities. It offers short-term and long-term parking options.
3. 8 Wing Fitness and Sports Centre Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the 8 Wing Fitness and Sports Centre and is reserved for visitors and personnel using the facility. It offers ample parking spaces and is accessible from RCAF Road.
4. 8 Wing Headquarters Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the 8 Wing Headquarters building and is reserved for visitors and personnel working in the building. It offers limited parking spaces and is accessible from RCAF Road.
5. 436 Transport Squadron Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the 436 Transport Squadron building and is reserved for visitors and personnel working in the building. It offers limited parking spaces and is accessible from RCAF Road.
6. 2 Air Movements Squadron Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the 2 Air Movements Squadron building and is reserved for visitors and personnel working in the building. It offers limited parking spaces and is accessible from RCAF Road.
7. 8 Air Maintenance Squadron Parking Lot: This parking area is located near the 8 Air Maintenance Squadron building and is reserved for visitors and personnel working in the building. It offers limited parking spaces and is accessible from RCAF Road.
Visitors and personnel are advised to follow the parking regulations and signs posted in each parking area to avoid any inconvenience or penalties.
Car Rental at CFB Trenton
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
CFB Trenton Terminals is a military base located in Trenton, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest air force base in Canada and serves as the primary hub for the Royal Canadian Air Force’s transport and search and rescue operations. The base is also home to the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering, which provides training for aircraft maintenance and engineering.
The terminals at CFB Trenton are an essential part of the base’s operations. They consist of two runways, several hangars, and a large apron area for aircraft parking and maintenance. The terminals are capable of handling a wide range of aircraft, from small helicopters to large transport planes like the C-17 Globemaster III.
In addition to military operations, CFB Trenton Terminals also plays a critical role in supporting humanitarian and disaster relief efforts. The base has been involved in numerous missions, including the evacuation of Canadian citizens from conflict zones and the delivery of aid to areas affected by natural disasters. Overall, CFB Trenton Terminals is a vital component of Canada’s military and humanitarian efforts, providing essential support for both domestic and international operations.
- Air Canada: Offers daily non-stop flights to Toronto.
- WestJet: Provides weekly non-stop flights to Calgary.
- Porter Airlines: Connects with major cities in the USA.
- United Airlines: Offers daily non-stop flights to Chicago and Newark.
- Air Transat: Provides weekly non-stop flights to various destinations in the Caribbean.
- Sunwing Airlines: Offers weekly non-stop flights to various destinations in the Caribbean.
CFB Trenton is a Canadian Forces Base located in Ontario, Canada. The base is responsible for providing support to Canadian military operations and is home to the Royal Canadian Air Force’s transport fleet. As a military installation, CFB Trenton has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of its personnel and assets.
CFB Trenton’s security protocols include a combination of physical security measures and operational procedures. The base is surrounded by a perimeter fence and is equipped with surveillance cameras and access control points. All visitors to the base are required to pass through a security checkpoint and provide identification before being granted access.
In addition to physical security measures, CFB Trenton has operational procedures in place to respond to security threats. The base has a dedicated security force that is responsible for monitoring the perimeter and responding to any security incidents. The security force is trained in a variety of tactics, including crowd control, riot response, and emergency response.
Overall, CFB Trenton’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety of its personnel and assets. The base takes security very seriously and is constantly reviewing and updating its protocols to stay ahead of any potential threats.
CFB Trenton Traveler’s Assistance is a program designed to provide support and assistance to military personnel, their families, and other eligible travelers who are passing through the Canadian Forces Base Trenton. The program offers a wide range of services to ensure that travelers have a safe and comfortable journey.
One of the key services offered by CFB Trenton Traveler’s Assistance is transportation. The program provides transportation to and from the base, as well as to nearby airports and other destinations. This service is particularly helpful for travelers who are unfamiliar with the area or who do not have access to their own transportation.
In addition to transportation, CFB Trenton Traveler’s Assistance also offers accommodation services. The program can help travelers find and book accommodations in the area, whether they need a hotel room for a night or an apartment for an extended stay. The program also provides information on local attractions and events, as well as assistance with travel planning and logistics.
Overall, CFB Trenton Traveler’s Assistance is an invaluable resource for military personnel, their families, and other eligible travelers passing through the Canadian Forces Base Trenton. The program’s services help ensure that travelers have a safe and comfortable journey, and that they are able to make the most of their time in the area.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Trenton Coffee House: This cozy cafe offers a variety of specialty coffee drinks, teas, and pastries.
2. The Trenton Diner: This classic diner serves up classic American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. The Trenton Taproom: This local pub features a wide selection of craft beers, wines, and spirits.
4. The Trenton Bookstore: This independent bookstore offers a wide selection of new and used books.
5. The Trenton Art Gallery: This gallery showcases the work of local and regional artists.
6. The Trenton Farmers Market: This outdoor market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other locally-sourced items.
7. The Trenton Music Hall: This historic venue hosts a variety of concerts and other live events.
8. The Trenton Toy Store: This family-owned shop offers a wide selection of toys, games, and other fun items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
CFB Trenton, also known as 8 Wing Trenton, is a Canadian Forces base located in Trenton, Ontario. The base has several prayer rooms and worship areas for its personnel and visitors. Here are some of the prayer rooms and worship areas at CFB Trenton and their locations:
1. Multi-Faith Centre: The Multi-Faith Centre is located in the base chapel building, which is situated at 17 Wing Road. The centre is open to all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection. It is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other resources to support spiritual practices.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located in the base chapel building, adjacent to the Multi-Faith Centre. It is open to all Muslim personnel and visitors and is equipped with prayer mats, Qurans, and other resources. The room is separated by gender and has ablution facilities.
3. Jewish Prayer Room: The Jewish Prayer Room is located in the base chapel building, adjacent to the Multi-Faith Centre. It is open to all Jewish personnel and visitors and is equipped with prayer books, Torah scrolls, and other resources.
4. Christian Worship Area: The Christian Worship Area is located in the base chapel building, adjacent to the Multi-Faith Centre. It is open to all Christian personnel and visitors and is equipped with a pulpit, altar, and other religious items. The area is used for worship services, weddings, and other religious ceremonies.
5. Sikh Prayer Room: The Sikh Prayer Room is located in the base gymnasium building, which is situated at 50 RCAF Road. It is open to all Sikh personnel and visitors and is equipped with prayer mats, Guru Granth Sahib, and other resources.
Overall, CFB Trenton provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to support the spiritual needs of its personnel and visitors. These spaces are maintained to ensure a peaceful and respectful environment for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
CFB Trenton offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of military personnel and their families, as well as civilian employees and visitors. Here are some of the options available:
1. Base-wide WiFi: CFB Trenton provides free WiFi access across the entire base, allowing users to stay connected while on the go.
2. Library WiFi: The base library offers WiFi access for those who need a quiet place to work or study.
3. Community Centre WiFi: The CFB Trenton Community Centre provides WiFi access for visitors and residents who need to stay connected while using the facility.
4. Workspaces: CFB Trenton offers a range of workspaces, including private offices, shared workspaces, and meeting rooms. These spaces are available for rent by military personnel, civilian employees, and visitors.
5. Business Centre: The CFB Trenton Business Centre provides a range of services, including printing, scanning, and faxing, as well as access to computers and other office equipment.
6. Conference Rooms: CFB Trenton has several conference rooms available for rent, equipped with audiovisual equipment and other amenities to support meetings and presentations.
7. Training Facilities: CFB Trenton offers a variety of training facilities, including classrooms, simulation labs, and outdoor training areas. These facilities are available for rent by military and civilian organizations.
Overall, CFB Trenton provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to support the needs of its personnel and visitors. Whether you need a quiet place to work, a meeting room for a presentation, or a training facility for a group, CFB Trenton has you covered.
- Club 7 Lounge: Located in the heart of downtown Trenton on South Broad Street.
- Trenton Social: Located on South Broad Street, just a short walk from the State House.
- The Decanter: Located in the historic Trenton City Hall building, just off of East State Street.
- The Cellar: On the corner of Broad and Market Streets, near the Trenton Transit Center.
- The Happy Hour: On the corner of South Broad and Market Streets, close to the Delaware River.
Accomodation Options Nearby CFB Trenton
1. On-Base Accommodations: CFB Trenton offers a variety of on-base accommodations, including single and family housing, as well as temporary lodging. Single housing includes bachelor apartments, while family housing includes two to five bedroom units. Temporary lodging is available for short-term stays.
2. Off-Base Accommodations: CFB Trenton also offers a variety of off-base accommodations, including hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts. These accommodations are located in the surrounding area, and offer a variety of amenities and services.
3. Camping: CFB Trenton also offers camping facilities for those who prefer a more rustic experience. Camping facilities include tent sites, RV sites, and cabin rentals.
CFB Trenton is located in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region of Ontario, Canada. There are many attractions in the area that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near CFB Trenton:
1. National Air Force Museum of Canada: This museum is located on the base and is home to a vast collection of aircraft and artifacts that tell the story of Canada’s air force history.
2. Sandbanks Provincial Park: This park is located just a short drive from CFB Trenton and is known for its beautiful beaches and sand dunes. It’s a great place to spend a day relaxing in the sun.
3. Prince Edward County: This charming county is located just east of CFB Trenton and is home to many wineries, breweries, and restaurants. It’s a great place to explore and enjoy some local food and drink.
4. Belleville Waterfront Trail: This trail runs along the waterfront in Belleville and offers stunning views of the Bay of Quinte. It’s a great place to go for a walk or bike ride.
5. Trent-Severn Waterway: This historic waterway runs through the region and offers opportunities for boating, fishing, and exploring the many locks and canals.
6. Presqu’ile Provincial Park: This park is located just west of CFB Trenton and is known for its birdwatching opportunities. It’s a great place to see a variety of bird species and enjoy some nature.
7. Brighton Speedway: This racetrack is located just north of CFB Trenton and hosts weekly races throughout the summer. It’s a great place to watch some exciting racing action.
8. Quinte Mall: This shopping mall is located in Belleville and offers a variety of stores and restaurants. It’s a great place to go for some retail therapy.
Overall, there are many attractions near CFB Trenton that offer something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or just having fun, there’s plenty to see and do in the area.
History of CFB Trenton
CFB Trenton is a Canadian Forces Base located in Trenton, Ontario. The base was established in 1929 as a Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) station and was originally used for training purposes. During World War II, CFB Trenton played a vital role in the war effort by serving as a major transportation hub for the Canadian military. The base was also used as a training facility for aircrew and ground crew.
In the post-war years, CFB Trenton continued to serve as a transportation hub and was used for search and rescue operations. In the 1960s, the base became home to the Canadian Forces School of Survival and Aeromedical Training, which provided training for aircrew and ground crew in survival techniques and aeromedical evacuation. The base also became home to the Canadian Forces Parachute Centre, which provided training for military parachutists.
In the 1990s, CFB Trenton played a key role in the Canadian military’s peacekeeping efforts in the Balkans. The base was used as a staging area for Canadian troops and equipment, and also served as a medical evacuation hub for injured soldiers. Today, CFB Trenton remains an important transportation hub for the Canadian military and is home to a number of units, including the Royal Canadian Air Force’s 8 Wing and the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport