Chaoyang Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Chaoyang, in the Liaoning Province of China. It serves as a hub for domestic flights to major cities in China, as well as some international destinations in Southeast Asia. The airport features modern facilities and amenities for passengers, including restaurants, shops, and lounges.
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Chaoyang Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Chaoyang Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Chaoyang Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Chaoyang Airport
- Other Airports in Liaoning Province, China
How to Get to Chaoyang Airport
Chaoyang Airport is located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, China. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, subway, or bus.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use a reputable taxi company and make sure the meter is turned on. The ride from central Beijing to Chaoyang Airport takes approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
The subway is also a convenient option, with Line 15 connecting directly to the airport. The journey takes around 45 minutes from central Beijing and costs around 25 RMB.
Finally, there are several bus routes that go to Chaoyang Airport, including the airport shuttle bus and several local bus routes. The airport shuttle bus is the most convenient option, with several stops throughout the city and a journey time of around 1 hour.
Overall, there are several options for getting to Chaoyang Airport, depending on your budget and travel preferences. It is recommended to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during peak travel times.
Chaoyang Airport, also known as Beijing Capital International Airport, is the main international airport serving Beijing, China. As one of the busiest airports in the world, it offers a variety of transportation options for passengers to get to and from the airport.
1. Airport Express Train: The Airport Express Train is a fast and convenient way to travel between the airport and downtown Beijing. It runs every 10 minutes and takes approximately 20 minutes to reach the city center. The train is equipped with comfortable seating, luggage racks, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a popular transportation option for travelers. The fare is based on the distance traveled and can vary depending on traffic conditions. It is recommended to use licensed taxis and negotiate the fare before getting in.
3. Airport Shuttle Bus: The airport shuttle bus is a cost-effective option for travelers on a budget. It operates on several routes and stops at major hotels and tourist attractions in the city. The fare is fixed and can be paid in cash or with a transportation card.
4. Private Car Service: Private car services offer a more comfortable and personalized transportation option for travelers. They can be booked in advance and provide door-to-door service to and from the airport. The cost varies depending on the type of vehicle and distance traveled.
5. Public Bus: Public buses are the cheapest transportation option but can be crowded and confusing for non-Chinese speakers. They operate on several routes and stop at various locations in the city. The fare is paid with a transportation card or in cash.
Overall, Chaoyang Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. It is recommended to research and plan ahead to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Chaoyang Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal Parking: This parking lot is located right in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for travelers. It offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
2. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and offers affordable parking rates for travelers who are looking to save money. Shuttle buses are available to transport passengers to and from the terminal building.
3. Valet Parking: This parking option is perfect for travelers who are short on time and want to avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot. Valet parking attendants will park your car for you and have it ready for you when you return.
4. VIP Parking: This parking option is located closest to the terminal building and offers exclusive parking spaces for VIP travelers. It is a premium parking option and comes with additional perks such as a dedicated check-in counter and lounge access.
Overall, Chaoyang Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Chaoyang Airport
- E-z Rent A Car
Chaoyang Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are both modern and well-equipped to handle the high volume of passengers. Terminal 1 was built in 1984 and underwent a major renovation in 2004, while Terminal 2 was opened in 2008 to accommodate the increasing number of passengers.
Terminal 1 at Chaoyang Airport is primarily used for domestic flights, with a few international flights as well. The terminal has a total of 20 gates and is equipped with modern facilities such as restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and lounges. The terminal also has a business center and conference rooms for business travelers.
Terminal 2 at Chaoyang Airport is the main international terminal and is used by most major airlines. The terminal has a total of 30 gates and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as automated check-in kiosks, self-service baggage drop-off, and immigration counters. The terminal also has a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and shops, as well as lounges for premium passengers.
Overall, Chaoyang Airport’s terminals are modern, efficient, and well-equipped to handle the high volume of passengers. The airport is constantly upgrading its facilities to provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
- Air China: www.airchina.com.cn/
- China Southern Airlines: www.csair.com/en/
- China Eastern Airlines: us.ceair.com/
- Hainan Airlines: global.hnair.com/
- Sichuan Airlines: www.sichuanair.com/
- XiamenAir: www.xiamenair.com/
- Tianjin Airlines: www.tianjin-air.com/
- Juneyao Airlines: www.juneyaoair.com/
- Shanghai Airlines: www.shanghai-air.com/
- Lucky Air: www.luckyair.net/
Chaoyang Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. As a result, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport security team is highly trained and equipped with the latest technology to detect any potential threats.
All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors, having their luggage scanned, and undergoing a body scan if necessary. Any prohibited items such as weapons, explosives, and liquids over 100ml are not allowed through security and will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security procedures, Chaoyang Airport also has a dedicated team of security personnel who patrol the airport and monitor CCTV cameras to ensure that any suspicious behavior is detected and dealt with promptly. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to maintain a high level of security and safety for all passengers and staff. Overall, Chaoyang Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all travelers, making it one of the most reliable airports in China.
Chaoyang Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service provided to travelers at Chaoyang Airport in Beijing, China. The service is designed to help travelers navigate the airport and provide assistance with any issues they may encounter during their travels. The service is available to all travelers, regardless of their destination or airline.
The assistance provided by Chaoyang Airport Traveler’s Assistance includes help with check-in, security, and customs procedures. The service also provides assistance with baggage handling, including help with carrying and transporting luggage. Additionally, the service can provide information about flight schedules, airport amenities, and transportation options to and from the airport.
Chaoyang Airport Traveler’s Assistance is staffed by trained professionals who are fluent in multiple languages, including English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. The staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached by phone or in person at the airport. The service is designed to provide travelers with a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience, and is highly recommended for anyone traveling through Chaoyang Airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Chaoyang Airport, located in Beijing, China, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the top options:
1. Beijing Duty-Free Shop – This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, and electronics.
2. Starbucks – This popular coffee chain offers a variety of coffee and tea drinks, as well as snacks and sandwiches.
3. KFC – This fast-food chain offers a variety of fried chicken dishes, burgers, and sides.
4. Haagen-Dazs – This ice cream shop offers a variety of flavors, as well as sundaes and milkshakes.
5. The Body Shop – This shop offers a variety of skincare and beauty products, including lotions, body washes, and makeup.
6. Nike – This sportswear brand offers a variety of athletic shoes, clothing, and accessories.
7. Cinnabon – This bakery chain offers a variety of cinnamon rolls, as well as coffee and other baked goods.
8. Chow Tai Fook – This jewelry store offers a variety of high-end jewelry, including diamonds, gold, and pearls.
9. McDonald’s – This fast-food chain offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other fast-food items.
10. Swarovski – This jewelry store offers a variety of crystal jewelry, including necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
Overall, Chaoyang Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to suit the needs and preferences of all travelers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Chaoyang Airport in Beijing, China, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet place for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 2, near Gate E11, this prayer room is exclusively for Muslim travelers. It is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – Located in Terminal 3, near Gate E12, this chapel is open to all Christian denominations. It has a simple altar, pews, and a cross, and offers a peaceful atmosphere for prayer and contemplation.
3. Buddhist Meditation Room – Located in Terminal 3, near Gate E11, this meditation room is designed for Buddhist travelers. It features a statue of Buddha, incense burners, and cushions for sitting.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 3, near Gate E11, this prayer room is open to travelers of all faiths. It has separate areas for men and women, and provides prayer mats, religious texts, and other amenities.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free of charge and accessible to all passengers. They offer a quiet and serene environment for travelers to practice their faith or simply find a moment of peace amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Chaoyang Airport, located in Beijing, China, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers have a comfortable and productive experience. Here are some of the facilities available:
1. WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building. Passengers can connect to the network by selecting “Airport_Free_Wifi” on their device and following the instructions.
2. Charging Stations: There are multiple charging stations located throughout the airport, allowing travelers to charge their devices while waiting for their flight.
3. Business Lounges: Chaoyang Airport has several business lounges that offer comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary refreshments. These lounges are available to passengers who have access through their airline or membership program.
4. Meeting Rooms: For those who need a private space to conduct business, the airport offers meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and high-speed internet access.
5. Workstations: There are designated workstations located throughout the airport, providing passengers with a quiet and comfortable space to work. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and USB ports.
6. Printing and Faxing: The airport has printing and faxing facilities available for passengers who need to print documents or send faxes.
Overall, Chaoyang Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flight.
- Emperor International Lounge: Located in the international departures area of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- Panda Airlines Club: Located in the international departures area of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- Air China First Class Lounge: Located in the international departures area of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- Air China Business Class Lounge: Located in the international departures area of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- Air China VIP Lounge: Located in the international departures area of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- China Southern Airlines First Class Lounge: Located in Terminal 2 of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- China Southern Airlines Business Class Lounge: Located in Terminal 2 of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- China Eastern Airlines First Class Lounge: Located in Terminal 2 of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
- China Eastern Airlines Business Class Lounge: Located in Terminal 2 of Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
Accomodation Options Nearby Chaoyang Airport
Chaoyang Airport offers a range of accommodation options for travelers who need to stay near the airport. These options include:
1. Airport Hotels: There are several hotels located within the airport complex, offering convenient access to the terminals. These hotels offer a range of amenities, including restaurants, bars, and fitness centers.
2. Nearby Hotels: There are also several hotels located within a short distance of the airport, offering shuttle services to and from the terminals. These hotels offer a range of amenities, including swimming pools, spas, and restaurants.
3. Hostels: For budget-conscious travelers, there are several hostels located near the airport. These hostels offer basic accommodation options, including dormitory-style rooms and shared bathrooms.
4. Airbnb: There are also several Airbnb options available near the airport, offering a range of accommodation options, including private rooms and entire apartments.
No matter what your budget or travel needs, Chaoyang Airport has a range of accommodation options to suit your needs.
Chaoyang Airport is located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, China. The airport serves as a hub for domestic flights and is a popular destination for business travelers. There are several attractions near Chaoyang Airport that visitors can explore during their stay in Beijing.
1. China International Exhibition Center: Located just a few minutes away from Chaoyang Airport, the China International Exhibition Center is a popular venue for trade shows, exhibitions, and conferences. The center hosts a wide range of events throughout the year, including the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition and the China International Industry Fair.
2. Olympic Green: The Olympic Green is a large park located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing. The park was built for the 2008 Summer Olympics and features several iconic structures, including the National Stadium (also known as the Bird’s Nest) and the National Aquatics Center (also known as the Water Cube). Visitors can take a tour of the Olympic Green and learn about the history of the 2008 Olympics.
3. Sanlitun: Sanlitun is a popular shopping and entertainment district located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing. The area is known for its trendy bars, restaurants, and shops. Visitors can explore the many boutiques and galleries in the area, or enjoy a night out at one of the many clubs or bars.
4. Beijing National Stadium: The Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird’s Nest, is an iconic structure located in the Olympic Green. The stadium was built for the 2008 Summer Olympics and is now used for sporting events and concerts. Visitors can take a tour of the stadium and learn about its history and architecture.
5. Beijing National Aquatics Center: The Beijing National Aquatics Center, also known as the Water Cube, is another iconic structure located in the Olympic Green. The center was built for the 2008 Summer Olympics and is now used for swimming and diving events. Visitors can take a tour of the center and learn about its history and architecture.
Overall, there are plenty of attractions near Chaoyang Airport that visitors can explore during their stay in Beijing. From the Olympic Green to the China International Exhibition Center, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Chaoyang Airport
Chaoyang Airport is a small airport located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, China. The airport was originally built in 1930 as a military airfield during the Japanese occupation of China. After the end of World War II, the airport was taken over by the Chinese government and used for both military and civilian purposes.
In the 1950s, Chaoyang Airport became an important hub for domestic flights within China. However, as air travel became more popular in the 1980s and 1990s, the airport became overcrowded and outdated. In response, the Chinese government decided to build a new airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, which opened in 1999.
Despite the opening of the new airport, Chaoyang Airport continued to operate as a secondary airport for smaller aircraft and private jets. In recent years, the airport has undergone renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. Today, Chaoyang Airport remains an important part of Beijing’s aviation infrastructure, serving as a convenient alternative for private and business flights.
Other Airports in Liaoning Province, China
- Anshan Teng’ao Airport / Anshan Air Base
- Changhai Airport
- Chaoyang Airport
- Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport
- Dandong Langtou Airport
- Fuxin Air Base
- Jinzhou Bay Airport
- Kaiyuan Air Base
- Laohutun Air Base
- Pulandian Air Base
- Sanshilipu Air Base
- Shenyang Beiling Air Base
- Shenyang Taoxian International Airport
- Shenyang Yuhong Quansheng Airport
- Suizhong Air Base
- Tuchengzi Air Base
- Xingcheng Air Base
- Yingkou Lanqi Airport