Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut, Canada. It serves the community of Chesterfield Inlet and provides essential air transportation services to the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Other Airports in Nunavut, Canada
How to Get to Chesterfield Inlet Airport
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is located in Nunavut, Canada. The airport is accessible by air only, with no road access. The easiest way to get to Chesterfield Inlet Airport is by booking a flight with one of the airlines that serve the airport.
There are a few airlines that operate flights to Chesterfield Inlet Airport, including Calm Air, Canadian North, and First Air. These airlines offer regular flights to and from the airport, connecting it to other major cities in Canada, such as Winnipeg and Yellowknife.
To book a flight to Chesterfield Inlet Airport, you can visit the website of any of the airlines that serve the airport or use a travel booking website. It is recommended to book your flight in advance to ensure availability and to get the best possible price.
Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle service to take you to your final destination. It is important to note that there are no car rental services available at the airport, so if you need a vehicle, you will need to arrange for one in advance.
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in Nunavut, Canada. As it is a remote location, transportation options are limited. However, there are a few options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport for travelers to hire. This is a convenient option for those who want to get to their destination quickly and comfortably. However, it is important to note that taxi services may be limited and may need to be booked in advance.
2. Car rental: Car rental services are available at the airport for those who prefer to drive themselves. This option is ideal for travelers who want to explore the area at their own pace. However, it is important to note that driving in this remote area can be challenging and requires experience.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and lodges in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked accommodation in advance. It is important to check with the hotel or lodge beforehand to confirm availability.
4. Walking: For those who are staying nearby, walking to and from the airport may be an option. However, it is important to note that the weather in this area can be harsh and unpredictable, so this option may not be suitable for everyone.
Overall, while transportation options are limited in Chesterfield Inlet, there are still a few options available for travelers to get to and from the airport. It is important to plan ahead and book transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey.
Chesterfield Inlet Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. There are two parking areas available at the airport, both located within close proximity to the terminal building.
The first parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is reserved for short-term parking. This area is ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers and is available for a maximum of two hours.
The second parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is reserved for long-term parking. This area is ideal for those leaving their vehicles at the airport for an extended period of time and is available for a maximum of 30 days.
Both parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras, ensuring the safety and security of parked vehicles. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosk located in the terminal building.
Overall, Chesterfield Inlet Airport provides convenient and secure car parking options for travelers, making it easy to park and fly without any worries.
Car Rental at Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Dollar Rent-A-Car
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small but functional, with basic amenities such as restrooms, waiting areas, and a small café.
The airport terminal is designed to accommodate the unique needs of the local Inuit community. The terminal has a traditional Inuit design, with a sloping roof that mimics the shape of an igloo. The interior of the terminal is decorated with Inuit artwork and carvings, providing a glimpse into the local culture.
Despite its small size, the terminal is well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers. The airport has a baggage handling system, security screening, and a small gift shop where visitors can purchase souvenirs. The airport also has a small parking lot for those who need to leave their vehicles while traveling.
Overall, the Chesterfield Inlet Airport terminal is a functional and welcoming space that provides a glimpse into the local Inuit culture. While it may not have all the amenities of larger airports, it is well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers and provides a unique experience for those passing through.
- First Air
- Kivalliq Air
- Calm Air
- Ptarmigan Airways
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in Nunavut, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures at Chesterfield Inlet Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes metal detectors and X-ray machines to detect any prohibited items. The airport also has a strict policy on liquids, gels, and aerosols, which must be placed in clear, sealed bags and kept in carry-on luggage.
Another important security measure at Chesterfield Inlet Airport is the presence of security personnel. The airport has a team of trained security officers who are responsible for monitoring the airport and ensuring that all security protocols are followed. They are also responsible for responding to any security incidents that may occur.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a number of security cameras installed throughout the terminal building and on the airport grounds. These cameras are monitored by security personnel and provide an additional layer of security.
Overall, Chesterfield Inlet Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include security screening equipment, trained security personnel, and security cameras. Passengers can feel confident that they are in safe hands when travelling through this airport.
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey for all passengers.
One of the key services offered at Chesterfield Inlet Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require assistance with mobility can request a wheelchair at the airport and trained staff will be on hand to assist them throughout the check-in and boarding process. Additionally, the airport has accessible washrooms and ramps to ensure that passengers with disabilities can navigate the airport with ease.
Another important service offered at Chesterfield Inlet Airport is baggage assistance. Passengers can request assistance with their luggage at the airport and staff will be available to help with loading and unloading. This service is particularly helpful for elderly passengers or those with heavy or bulky luggage.
Finally, the airport offers a range of information services to help passengers navigate their journey. Passengers can find information on flight schedules, airport facilities, and local transportation options at the airport’s information desk. Additionally, the airport has free Wi-Fi available for passengers to use, allowing them to stay connected and informed throughout their journey.
Overall, Chesterfield Inlet Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free journey for all passengers. From wheelchair assistance to baggage handling and information services, the airport is committed to providing a high level of service to all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
Chesterfield Inlet Airport offers travelers a variety of shops and restaurants to explore.
-The Northern Store: This store offers a variety of groceries, clothing, and other items.
-The Inuit Art Gallery: This gallery features a selection of Inuit art, including carvings, prints, and sculptures.
-The Airport Café: This café serves up a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks.
-The Inuit Kitchen: This restaurant serves traditional Inuit dishes, such as caribou stew and Arctic char.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Chesterfield Inlet Airport, located in Nunavut, Canada, is a small airport that serves the community of Chesterfield Inlet. The airport does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas. However, there are several places in the airport where passengers can find a quiet space for personal reflection or prayer.
One such area is the airport’s waiting lounge, which has comfortable seating and a peaceful atmosphere. Passengers can also find a quiet corner in the airport’s cafeteria or restaurant, which offer a serene environment for personal reflection.
Additionally, there are several churches and places of worship located in the town of Chesterfield Inlet, which is just a short distance from the airport. These include the Anglican Church of Canada, the Roman Catholic Church, and the Pentecostal Church, among others.
Passengers who require a designated prayer room or worship area are advised to contact the airport staff for assistance. The staff will be happy to provide information on nearby places of worship or help passengers find a quiet space for personal reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Chesterfield Inlet Airport, located in Nunavut, Canada, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for its passengers.
WiFi: The airport provides complimentary WiFi access to its passengers. However, due to its remote location, the internet connection may be slow and unreliable.
Workspace: The airport does not have a designated workspace area for passengers. However, there are a few seating areas available where passengers can work on their laptops or other devices.
Overall, while Chesterfield Inlet Airport does offer some basic WiFi and workspace facilities, passengers should not expect a fully equipped business center or high-speed internet connection. It is recommended that passengers bring their own mobile hotspot or other means of internet access if they require a reliable connection for work or other purposes.
- The International Lounge at the Chesterfield Inlet Airport: Located in the main terminal, this modern lounge offers comfortable seating, delicious snacks and drinks, and free Wi-Fi access.
- The Business Class Lounge at the Chesterfield Inlet Airport: Located on the second floor of the main terminal, this business-class lounge offers comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi access, and complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks.
- The VIP Lounge at the Chesterfield Inlet Airport: Located on the third floor of the main terminal, this exclusive lounge offers VIP-level services, including complimentary drinks, snacks, and meals, as well as access to a private bar and lounge area.
Accomodation Options Nearby Chesterfield Inlet Airport
Chesterfield Inlet Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs.
1. Inns North Chesterfield Inlet Lodge: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
2. Chesterfield Inlet Hotel: This hotel is located in the heart of the town and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
3. Chesterfield Inlet Inn: This hotel is located close to the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
4. Chesterfield Inlet Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located close to the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
5. Chesterfield Inlet Campground: This campground is located close to the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
6. Chesterfield Inlet Hostel: This hostel is located close to the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and lounge.
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is located in the Nunavut territory of Canada, and while it is a small airport, there are still plenty of attractions to explore in the surrounding area. Here are some of the top attractions near Chesterfield Inlet Airport:
1. Chesterfield Inlet: The town of Chesterfield Inlet is located just a short distance from the airport and is a great place to explore. Visitors can learn about the local Inuit culture, visit the local museum, and take part in traditional activities like hunting and fishing.
2. Thelon Wildlife Sanctuary: The Thelon Wildlife Sanctuary is a vast wilderness area that is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including caribou, wolves, and grizzly bears. Visitors can explore the area on foot or by boat and take in the stunning natural beauty of the region.
3. Hudson Bay: The Hudson Bay is a massive body of water that is home to a diverse array of marine life, including beluga whales and seals. Visitors can take a boat tour of the bay or go kayaking to get up close and personal with the local wildlife.
4. Northern Lights: The Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon that can be seen in the skies above Chesterfield Inlet. Visitors can take a guided tour to see the lights and learn about the science behind this stunning display.
5. Arctic Circle: Chesterfield Inlet is located just south of the Arctic Circle, which means visitors can experience the unique culture and environment of the Arctic. From dog sledding to ice fishing, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in this remote and beautiful region.
Overall, Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a gateway to some of the most stunning natural beauty and unique cultural experiences in Canada. Whether you’re interested in wildlife, history, or adventure, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this remote and beautiful part of the world.
History of Chesterfield Inlet Airport
Chesterfield Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1950s as a military airfield during the Cold War. In the 1960s, the Canadian government began to develop the airport for civilian use, and it was officially opened in 1964.
The airport has played an important role in the development of the surrounding area, providing a vital link to the rest of Canada. It has also been used as a base for scientific research expeditions, as well as for search and rescue operations.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2010, a new terminal building was constructed, providing passengers with modern amenities and improved comfort. The airport also has a runway extension project in progress, which will allow larger aircraft to land and take off.
Today, Chesterfield Inlet Airport continues to serve as an important transportation hub for the region, connecting remote communities with the rest of Canada. It is an essential part of the infrastructure that supports the economic and social development of the area.
- Alert Airport
- Arviat Airport
- Baker Lake Airport
- Cambridge Bay Airport
- Cape Dorset Airport
- Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Clyde River Airport
- Coral Harbour Airport
- Gjoa Haven Airport
- Grise Fiord Airport
- Hall Beach Airport
- Igloolik Airport
- Iqaluit Airport
- Kimmirut Airport
- Kugaaruk Airport
- Kugluktuk Airport
- Naujaat Airport
- Pangnirtung Airport
- Pond Inlet Airport
- Qikiqtarjuaq Airport
- Rankin Inlet Airport
- Resolute Bay Airport
- Sanikiluaq Airport
- Taloyoak Airport
- Whale Cove Airport