Chevery Airport is a small airport located in the village of Chevery, Quebec, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the Lower North Shore region of Quebec, connecting the remote communities to the rest of the province.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Chevery Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Chevery Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Chevery Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Chevery Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Chevery Airport
Chevery Airport is located in the small village of Chevery, Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by car or by plane. If you are driving, take Route 138 to the village of Chevery. Once you arrive in the village, follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located on the outskirts of the village and is easily visible from the road.
If you are flying into Chevery Airport, there are several airlines that offer service to the airport. Air Inuit and Pascan Aviation both offer regular flights to and from the airport. The airport is small and does not have a lot of amenities, so be sure to bring any necessary supplies with you.
If you need transportation to or from the airport, there are several options available. Taxis are available in the village of Chevery and can be hired to take you to the airport. There are also several car rental companies located in the village that offer rental cars for those who need them. Additionally, some hotels in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport for their guests.
Chevery Airport is a small airport located in the municipality of Chevery, Quebec, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still a few ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Chevery or the surrounding areas. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
2. Car rental: There are a few car rental companies located near the airport, including Hertz and Enterprise. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan on exploring the area during your stay.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodations to see if this is an option.
4. Private car service: Private car services, such as Uber or Lyft, are not available in the area. However, there are local companies that offer private car services. It is recommended to book in advance.
5. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available directly from the airport. However, there are bus services that run through the town of Chevery, which is approximately 10 km from the airport.
Chevery Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other options, but it is the closest option to the terminal.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building, but a shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the parking lot. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking, making it a good option for those who need to park for several days or longer.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located farther from the terminal building, but it is the most affordable option for long-term parking. A shuttle service is also available to transport passengers to and from the parking lot.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and have it waiting for you upon your return. Valet parking is located in front of the terminal building.
Overall, Chevery Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Chevery Airport
Chevery Airport is a small airport located in the northernmost part of Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, restrooms, and a small cafe. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers additional services such as duty-free shopping, currency exchange, and a restaurant.
Both terminals at Chevery Airport are well-maintained and offer a comfortable experience for passengers. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and the security procedures are efficient and thorough. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi to passengers, making it easy to stay connected while waiting for a flight.
Despite its small size, Chevery Airport is an important transportation hub for the region. It serves as a gateway to the remote communities of the Lower North Shore, providing essential air services for residents and businesses in the area. Overall, Chevery Airport is a reliable and convenient option for travelers looking to explore the northernmost parts of Quebec.
- Air Canada Express: Serves Toronto and Montreal
- Air Creebec: Serves Mistassini and Chisasibi
- Air Inuit: Serves Montreal
- Air North: Serves Yellowknife, Edmonton, and Calgary
- Canadian North: Serves Edmonton and Ottawa
- First Air: Serves Ottawa and Montreal
- Kivalliq Air: Serves Rankin Inlet and Winnipeg
- North-Wright Airways: Serves Fort Good Hope and Norman Wells
Chevery Airport is a small airport located in Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures at Chevery Airport is the screening of all passengers and their baggage. This includes a thorough inspection of carry-on items and checked luggage using X-ray machines and other scanning equipment. In addition, passengers are required to pass through metal detectors and may be subject to additional screening if necessary.
Another important security protocol at Chevery Airport is the use of security personnel. Trained security officers are stationed throughout the airport to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats. They are also responsible for enforcing security policies and procedures, such as checking identification and verifying boarding passes.
Finally, Chevery Airport has implemented several measures to protect against potential terrorist threats. This includes the use of advanced technology to detect explosives and other dangerous materials, as well as the implementation of strict access control measures to prevent unauthorized individuals from entering secure areas of the airport.
Overall, Chevery Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include passenger and baggage screening, the use of security personnel, and advanced technology to detect potential threats.
Chevery Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers who are arriving or departing from Chevery Airport. The service is designed to make the travel experience more comfortable and stress-free for passengers. The assistance is provided by trained professionals who are available to help with a variety of tasks, including luggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and information about flight schedules and gate locations.
The Chevery Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is available to all passengers, regardless of their age or physical ability. The service is particularly useful for elderly passengers or those with disabilities who may require additional assistance during their travel. The service is also available to families with young children who may need help with strollers or car seats.
The Chevery Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service can be requested in advance or on the day of travel. Passengers can request assistance by contacting the airport directly or by speaking to their airline representative. Overall, the Chevery Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is an excellent resource for travelers who want to make their travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
Chevery Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
– Hudson News: A newsstand offering books, magazines, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Duty Free: A duty-free shop offering a wide selection of alcohol, tobacco, and other items.
– Gift Shop: A shop offering souvenirs, clothing, and other items.
– Café Chevery: A café offering a variety of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, and snacks.
– Bistro Chevery: A bistro offering a selection of hot meals, sandwiches, and salads.
– Bar Chevery: A bar offering a selection of beer, wine, and spirits.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Chevery Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or find a quiet place for reflection. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Chevery Airport and where they are located:
1. Christian Prayer Room – Located near the airport’s main entrance, the Christian Prayer Room is a quiet space for passengers and visitors who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Bible.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located near the airport’s departure gate. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a washroom for ablution.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located near the airport’s baggage claim area. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Torah.
4. Multi-Faith Meditation Room – The Multi-Faith Meditation Room is located near the airport’s security checkpoint. The room is open to people of all faiths and is equipped with chairs, a table, and a peaceful atmosphere for meditation and reflection.
Overall, Chevery Airport offers a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. These spaces provide a peaceful and respectful environment for people to practice their religion or find a quiet place for reflection before or after their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Chevery Airport, located in the northernmost region of Quebec, Canada, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
Chevery Airport provides free WiFi access to all its passengers. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport terminal and provides high-speed internet connectivity. Passengers can easily connect their devices to the network and stay connected with their loved ones or work colleagues.
Chevery Airport offers a range of workspace facilities to cater to the needs of its passengers. The airport has a dedicated business center that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers to work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it an ideal space for business travelers.
In addition to the business center, Chevery Airport also provides charging stations throughout the terminal. These charging stations are equipped with power outlets and USB ports, allowing passengers to charge their devices while waiting for their flights.
Overall, Chevery Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable travel experience for its passengers. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, Chevery Airport has got you covered.
- Plaza Premium Lounge at Calgary International Airport: Located in the Domestic and International Departure Levels of the main terminal building.
- Escape Lounge at Calgary International Airport: Located in the Domestic and International Departure Levels of the main terminal building.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Calgary International Airport: Located in the Domestic and International Departure Levels of the main terminal building.
Accomodation Options Nearby Chevery Airport
1. Chevery Airport Hotel: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a fitness center.
2. Chevery Airport Inn: This inn is located within walking distance of the airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a continental breakfast, and a 24-hour front desk.
3. Chevery Airport Motel: This motel is located a short drive away from the airport and offers basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a 24-hour front desk.
4. Chevery Airport Campground: This campground is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabin rentals.
5. Chevery Airport Hostel: This hostel is located a short drive away from the airport and offers basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a shared kitchen, and a common area.
Chevery Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Although it is a small airport, there are several attractions that visitors can explore in the surrounding area. Here are some of the top attractions near Chevery Airport:
1. Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve: This park is located on the north shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and is home to a unique collection of limestone islands and islets. Visitors can explore the park’s hiking trails, admire the stunning views, and observe the diverse wildlife.
2. Chevery River: The Chevery River is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts. It is home to a variety of fish species, including salmon, trout, and arctic char. Visitors can hire a guide or rent equipment to enjoy a day of fishing on the river.
3. Tadoussac: Tadoussac is a charming village located on the Saguenay River. It is known for its whale watching tours, where visitors can spot beluga, minke, and humpback whales. The village also has several historic sites, including the Tadoussac Chapel and the Tadoussac Fort.
4. Sept-Îles: Sept-Îles is a city located on the north shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. It is home to several museums, including the North Shore Regional Museum and the Sept-Îles Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology. Visitors can also explore the city’s parks and beaches.
5. Natashquan: Natashquan is a small village located on the north shore of the St. Lawrence River. It is known for its picturesque scenery and cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the village’s historic sites, including the Natashquan River Bridge and the Natashquan Lighthouse.
Overall, Chevery Airport is surrounded by natural beauty and cultural attractions. Visitors can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, explore historic sites, and immerse themselves in the local culture.
History of Chevery Airport
Chevery Airport is a small airport located in the village of Chevery, Quebec, Canada. The airport was built in the 1960s to serve the needs of the local community and to provide access to the remote region of northern Quebec. The airport has a single runway and is primarily used for general aviation and charter flights.
Over the years, Chevery Airport has played an important role in the development of the region. It has provided a vital link between the isolated communities of northern Quebec and the rest of the province. The airport has also been used for search and rescue operations, as well as for transporting medical supplies and personnel to remote areas.
In recent years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and improvements to ensure that it continues to meet the needs of the local community. These upgrades have included the installation of new navigational equipment, the expansion of the runway, and the construction of a new terminal building. Today, Chevery Airport remains an important hub for the people of northern Quebec, providing essential services and connecting them to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport