Chimbu Airport is a small domestic airport located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea. It serves the Chimbu Province and surrounding areas, providing essential air transportation for both passengers and cargo. The airport is operated by the National Airports Corporation and has a single runway capable of accommodating small aircraft.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Chimbu Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Chimbu Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Chimbu Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Chimbu Airport
- Other Airports in Chimbu, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Chimbu Airport
Chimbu Airport is located in the town of Kundiawa in the Chimbu Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport is accessible by road and air. If you are traveling by road, you can take a bus or hire a taxi from the nearby towns of Goroka or Mount Hagen. The journey takes approximately 2-3 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
If you are traveling by air, there are several airlines that operate flights to Chimbu Airport. These include Air Niugini, PNG Air, and Mission Aviation Fellowship. Flights are available from major cities such as Port Moresby, Lae, and Mount Hagen. The airport has a single runway and a small terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights.
Once you arrive at Chimbu Airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to your final destination. There are several hotels and guesthouses in Kundiawa that offer accommodation for travelers. The town is also a hub for local markets and shops where you can buy souvenirs and local handicrafts. Overall, getting to Chimbu Airport is relatively easy and straightforward, whether you are traveling by road or air.
Chimbu Airport, also known as Kundiawa Airport, is a small airport located in the Chimbu Province of Papua New Guinea. While it may not have a wide range of transportation options, there are still a few ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and are the most convenient way to get to your destination. However, it is important to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Private Car: If you prefer a more comfortable and personalized mode of transportation, you can hire a private car. This option is more expensive than a taxi, but it offers more flexibility and comfort.
3. Public Bus: Public buses are available outside the airport terminal and are the cheapest mode of transportation. However, they can be crowded and uncomfortable, and the schedules may not be reliable.
4. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and guesthouses offer airport shuttle services for their guests. If you are staying at one of these accommodations, it is worth checking if they offer this service.
5. Rental Car: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the car rental companies located near the airport. However, driving in Papua New Guinea can be challenging, and it is recommended to hire a driver as well.
Overall, while the transportation options at Chimbu Airport may be limited, there are still a few ways to get to your destination. It is important to consider your budget, comfort level, and travel plans when choosing the best transportation option for you.
Chimbu Airport offers convenient and secure car parking options for travelers. Here are the available car parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are affordable and are charged on an hourly basis.
2. Long-term parking: For those who need to park for an extended period, the long-term parking area is the best option. It is located a short distance from the terminal building and offers affordable rates for daily, weekly, and monthly parking.
3. Disabled parking: Chimbu Airport provides designated parking spaces for disabled travelers. These spaces are located in the short-term parking area and are easily accessible from the terminal building.
4. Valet parking: For the ultimate convenience, Chimbu Airport offers valet parking services. This service allows travelers to drop off their car at the terminal building and have it parked for them. When they return, their car will be waiting for them at the terminal building.
All of the car parking areas at Chimbu Airport are secure and well-lit, providing peace of mind for travelers who leave their vehicles behind.
Car Rental at Chimbu Airport
- ABC Rental Cars
- Chimbu Airport Rental Cars
- EasyGo Rental
- Cheap Rental Cars
- EZ Car Rental
- Royal Rentals
- Economy Rent-A-Car
- Flexible Rentals
- Rent N Go
Chimbu Airport is a small airport located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small but well-maintained and provides basic facilities for passengers.
The terminal building has a check-in counter, a waiting area, and a small café. The check-in process is simple and efficient, and passengers can easily navigate through the terminal. The waiting area is comfortable and provides seating for passengers. The café offers a limited selection of snacks and drinks.
The airport terminal is staffed by friendly and helpful personnel who are always ready to assist passengers. The airport also has a small parking area for vehicles. Overall, Chimbu Airport Terminal provides a convenient and hassle-free experience for passengers traveling to and from the highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- Jetstar Airways: Offers daily flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Cairns.
- Virgin Australia: Operates flights to Brisbane and Cairns.
- Qantas: Offers direct flights to Sydney.
- Air Niugini: Connects to Port Moresby.
- Airnorth: Operates flights to Darwin.
Chimbu Airport is a small regional airport located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures at Chimbu Airport is the use of baggage scanners. All luggage is screened before it is allowed onto the aircraft, and any suspicious items are flagged for further inspection. Additionally, passengers are required to pass through metal detectors before boarding their flights.
Another important security protocol at Chimbu Airport is the use of security personnel. Trained security officers are stationed throughout the airport to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats. These officers are equipped with the necessary tools and training to handle a variety of security situations.
Finally, Chimbu Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. Regular patrols are conducted in and around the airport, and any suspicious activity is reported to the appropriate authorities.
Overall, Chimbu Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through Chimbu Airport.
Chimbu Airport is a small airport located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the key services offered at Chimbu Airport is baggage handling. Passengers can expect their luggage to be handled with care and delivered promptly upon arrival. The airport also provides assistance with check-in and boarding, ensuring that passengers are guided through the process and have all the necessary documents and information.
For those with special needs, Chimbu Airport offers wheelchair assistance and other support services. Passengers can request assistance at the time of booking or upon arrival at the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to passengers with disabilities or mobility issues.
In addition to these services, Chimbu Airport also has a small café and gift shop where passengers can grab a bite to eat or purchase souvenirs. The airport also provides free Wi-Fi, making it easy for passengers to stay connected while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Chimbu Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Passengers can expect friendly and efficient service from the airport staff, ensuring a pleasant start to their journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Chimbu Airport, located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea, is a small airport that offers a limited selection of shops and restaurants for travelers. Despite its size, the airport provides a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers.
One of the main shops at Chimbu Airport is the duty-free store, which offers a variety of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, and alcohol. The store is open during flight hours and provides travelers with the opportunity to purchase items at a discounted price.
In addition to the duty-free store, Chimbu Airport also has a small convenience store that sells snacks, drinks, and basic travel essentials. The store is open during flight hours and is a great option for travelers who need to grab a quick bite or purchase last-minute items.
For those looking for a place to eat, Chimbu Airport has a restaurant that serves a variety of local and international dishes. The restaurant is open during flight hours and provides travelers with a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a meal before their flight.
Overall, while Chimbu Airport may not have a wide selection of shops and restaurants, it provides travelers with the necessary amenities to make their journey comfortable and enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Chimbu Airport, also known as Kundiawa Airport, is a small airport located in the Chimbu Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport serves as a gateway to the highlands region of the country and is a popular destination for tourists and business travelers alike. For those who wish to pray or worship while at the airport, there are several options available.
1. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located near the airport terminal and is open to all passengers and visitors. The chapel is a quiet and peaceful space where travelers can take a moment to reflect and pray.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located near the airport terminal and is open to all Muslim passengers and visitors. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats and is a quiet and private space for prayer.
3. Buddhist Meditation Room – The Buddhist Meditation Room is located near the airport terminal and is open to all Buddhist passengers and visitors. The room is a peaceful and quiet space for meditation and reflection.
4. Hindu Prayer Room – The Hindu Prayer Room is located near the airport terminal and is open to all Hindu passengers and visitors. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats and is a quiet and private space for prayer.
Overall, Chimbu Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Chimbu Airport, located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of facilities for travelers looking to stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers, allowing them to stay connected to the internet and keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
Workspace: For those who need to get some work done while waiting for their flight, Chimbu Airport offers a comfortable and well-equipped workspace. The workspace is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy to set up a laptop or other electronic devices. The area is quiet and conducive to concentration, allowing travelers to focus on their work without distractions.
Other facilities: In addition to WiFi and workspace facilities, Chimbu Airport also offers a range of other amenities to make travelers’ stay more comfortable. These include a restaurant serving delicious local and international cuisine, a coffee shop for a quick caffeine fix, and a gift shop selling souvenirs and other items. There are also restrooms and shower facilities available for passengers who need to freshen up before their flight.
Overall, Chimbu Airport provides a range of facilities to ensure that travelers have a comfortable and productive stay. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to make your time there as enjoyable as possible.
- Jalan Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
- Kamangai Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
- Kamalibu Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
- Kunga Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
- Nyang Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
- Tana Airport Lounge, located in Chimbu Airport, Chimbu Province
Accomodation Options Nearby Chimbu Airport
Chimbu Airport, located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of accommodation options for travelers. Here are the options available:
1. Airport Lodge: This lodge is located just a few minutes’ walk from the airport terminal. It offers comfortable rooms with basic amenities such as a bed, a fan, and a shared bathroom. The lodge also has a restaurant that serves local and international cuisine.
2. Chimbu Village Homestay: For travelers who want to experience the local culture, Chimbu Village Homestay is a great option. This accommodation is located in a traditional village near the airport and offers guests the opportunity to stay with a local family. Guests can participate in daily activities such as cooking, farming, and cultural performances.
3. Guesthouses: There are several guesthouses located near the airport that offer basic accommodation with shared facilities. These guesthouses are ideal for budget travelers who are looking for a simple place to stay.
4. Hotels: For travelers who prefer more luxurious accommodation, there are several hotels located in the nearby town of Kundiawa. These hotels offer comfortable rooms with modern amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and private bathrooms.
Overall, Chimbu Airport offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or a more luxurious stay, there is something for everyone at Chimbu Airport.
Chimbu Airport is located in the heart of the Chimbu Province in Papua New Guinea. The airport serves as a gateway to some of the most beautiful and culturally rich destinations in the region. Here are some of the top attractions near Chimbu Airport:
1. Kundiawa: This bustling town is the capital of Chimbu Province and is known for its vibrant markets, traditional dances, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
2. Mount Wilhelm: This majestic peak is the highest mountain in Papua New Guinea and is a popular destination for hikers and adventurers. The trek to the summit offers breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and forests.
3. Kalam Cultural Centre: This cultural center is dedicated to preserving the traditions and customs of the Kalam people, one of the indigenous groups in the region. Visitors can learn about the Kalam way of life, including their unique art, music, and dance.
4. Simbu War Memorial: This memorial honors the soldiers who fought and died in World War II. The site offers a sobering reminder of the sacrifices made by the people of Chimbu Province during the war.
5. Chimbu River: This scenic river is a popular spot for fishing, swimming, and picnicking. Visitors can enjoy the tranquil beauty of the river and its surrounding forests and mountains.
Overall, Chimbu Airport is an excellent starting point for exploring the natural beauty and rich culture of Chimbu Province. Whether you’re interested in hiking, cultural experiences, or simply enjoying the stunning scenery, there’s something for everyone near Chimbu Airport.
History of Chimbu Airport
Chimbu Airport, also known as Kundiawa Airport, is located in the Chimbu Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport was built in the 1960s by the Australian government to serve the local community and provide access to the remote highlands region. The airport was initially a grass airstrip, but it was later upgraded to a sealed runway to accommodate larger aircraft.
Over the years, Chimbu Airport has played a vital role in the development of the Chimbu Province. It has facilitated the transportation of people, goods, and services to and from the region, which has helped to boost the local economy. The airport has also been used for medical evacuations, disaster relief efforts, and other emergency situations.
In recent years, Chimbu Airport has undergone several upgrades to improve its facilities and services. These upgrades include the construction of a new terminal building, the installation of new navigational aids, and the expansion of the runway. These improvements have made the airport safer and more efficient, and they have helped to attract more airlines and passengers to the region. Today, Chimbu Airport is a vital transportation hub for the Chimbu Province and a gateway to the highlands region of Papua New Guinea.
Other Airports in Chimbu, Papua New Guinea
- Ambai Airstrip
- Appa Airstrip
- Bomai Airport
- Chimbu Airport
- Dobu Airstrip
- Haia Airport
- Kapi Airstrip
- Karimui Airport
- Keglsugl Airport
- Mengina Airstrip
- Nambaiyufa Airport
- Negarbo Airport
- Nomane Airport
- Talbakul Airstrip