Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport, also known as CVG, is a major airport located in Hebron, Kentucky, just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio. It serves as a hub for Delta Air Lines and is the largest airport in the Cincinnati metropolitan area. With over 200 daily departures to destinations across the United States and around the world, CVG is a vital transportation hub for the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Other Airports in Kentucky, United States
How to Get to Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport is located in Hebron, Kentucky, just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from I-71, I-75, and I-275. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) offers bus service to the airport from various locations in the Cincinnati area. The airport also has a shuttle service that runs between the airport and several nearby hotels.
Finally, if you prefer to use a ride-sharing service, both Uber and Lyft operate at the airport. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will pick you up at the designated ride-share pickup area.
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) offers a variety of transportation options to meet the needs of travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination quickly and conveniently. The taxi stand is located outside of baggage claim.
2. Ride-sharing: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are available at CVG. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will pick you up at the designated ride-share pickup area.
3. Rental cars: If you prefer to drive yourself, rental car companies like Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National are located at the airport. You can easily rent a car and drive to your destination.
4. Shuttle services: Several shuttle services are available at CVG, including Executive Transportation, Airport Executive Shuttle, and Airport Taxi Shuttle. These services offer shared rides to various destinations in the area.
5. Public transportation: The Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) offers bus service to and from the airport. The bus stop is located outside of baggage claim.
No matter which transportation option you choose, CVG makes it easy to get to your destination quickly and safely.
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal Garage: Located directly across from the terminal, the Terminal Garage is the closest parking option to the airport. It offers covered parking and is ideal for short-term stays.
2. ValuPark: Located just a short shuttle ride away from the terminal, ValuPark is a great option for long-term parking. It offers both covered and uncovered parking options at an affordable rate.
3. CVG Economy Lot: Located just a few minutes away from the terminal, the CVG Economy Lot is the most affordable parking option at the airport. It offers uncovered parking and a free shuttle service to and from the terminal.
4. CVG Parking Valet: For those who want the ultimate convenience, CVG Parking Valet offers a valet parking service right at the terminal. This option is ideal for those who are short on time or have heavy luggage.
No matter which parking option you choose, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport has you covered with safe and convenient parking options.
Car Rental at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has three terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and is divided into two concourses: Concourse A and Concourse B. Concourse A serves Delta Air Lines and its partners, while Concourse B serves all other airlines. Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that serves low-cost carriers such as Allegiant Air and Frontier Airlines. Terminal 3 is a cargo terminal that handles freight and mail.
Terminal 1 is the largest and busiest terminal at CVG, with a wide range of amenities and services for passengers. It features a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops, as well as a currency exchange, ATMs, and a post office. There are also several lounges available for passengers, including the Delta Sky Club and the USO Lounge for military personnel. Terminal 2 is smaller and more basic, with fewer amenities, but still offers a range of food and beverage options.
CVG’s terminals are well-designed and easy to navigate, with clear signage and helpful staff. The airport also offers a free shuttle service between terminals, making it easy for passengers to transfer between flights. Overall, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. United Airlines
4. Southwest Airlines
5. Allegiant Air
6. Frontier Airlines
7. Air Canada
8. Alaska Airlines
10. Ultimate Air Shuttle
11. Vacation Express
13. WOW air (seasonal)
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
One of the most visible security measures at CVG is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening process. All passengers must pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes removing shoes, belts, and jackets, as well as placing liquids and electronics in separate bins for screening. TSA agents also conduct random searches of passengers and their belongings.
In addition to TSA screening, CVG has a number of other security measures in place. The airport has a 24-hour security team that monitors the terminal and surrounding areas. There are also security cameras throughout the airport, as well as bomb-sniffing dogs that patrol the terminal.
CVG also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport. The airport has a dedicated police force that patrols the terminal and parking areas. There are also regular security drills and exercises to prepare for emergency situations.
Overall, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport takes security very seriously. The airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and employees.
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation.
CVG’s Traveler’s Assistance program also offers a dedicated phone line for travelers to call for assistance before or during their trip. The phone line is staffed by trained volunteers who can provide information on airport services, flight schedules, and transportation options.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance program, CVG offers a variety of other services to make travel easier for passengers. These include baggage assistance, pet relief areas, and a variety of dining and shopping options. The airport also offers a mobile app that provides real-time flight information, parking availability, and other helpful features to help travelers navigate the airport with ease. Overall, CVG’s Traveler’s Assistance program and other services make it a top choice for travelers in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region.
Shops and Restaurants
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular options:
1. CNBC News – This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, and snacks for travelers to enjoy during their flight.
2. Hudson – Hudson is a one-stop-shop for travelers, offering a range of products from electronics to travel essentials.
3. Sunglass Hut – This shop offers a wide range of sunglasses from popular brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
1. Chick-fil-A – This popular fast-food chain offers travelers a variety of chicken sandwiches, salads, and sides.
2. Starbucks – Starbucks is a go-to spot for travelers looking for a quick coffee fix or a light snack.
3. Skyline Chili – This Cincinnati-based restaurant offers travelers a taste of the city’s famous chili, served over spaghetti or hot dogs.
Other dining options at the airport include McDonald’s, Auntie Anne’s, and Graeter’s Ice Cream. With a variety of shops and restaurants to choose from, travelers are sure to find something to suit their needs at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the food court, the Interfaith Chapel is a non-denominational space that welcomes people of all faiths. It features a peaceful atmosphere, comfortable seating, and religious literature.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the Concourse B security checkpoint. It is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla compass, and a washing area for ablution.
3. Catholic Mass Room – The Catholic Mass Room is located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the Concourse A security checkpoint. It is open for Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, and also serves as a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
4. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the Concourse A security checkpoint. It is a serene space designed for meditation, yoga, and other spiritual practices.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24/7 and are free to use. They provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers and visitors to connect with their faith and find inner peace amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
For those who need to get some work done, the airport also offers a variety of workspace facilities. The Concourse A Business Center provides a quiet and comfortable space for travelers to work, with desks, chairs, and power outlets available. The center also offers printing, copying, and faxing services, as well as a conference room for meetings.
In addition, the airport has several lounges that offer workspace facilities for passengers. The Delta Sky Club and the United Club both provide comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary WiFi, as well as snacks and beverages.
Overall, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to browse the web, the airport has everything you need to stay connected.
For travelers looking for an extra layer of comfort and convenience, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers a selection of lounges to choose from:
- United Club: Located in Concourse A, next to Gate A7.
- Delta Sky Club: Located in Concourse B, next to Gate B6.
- USO Lounge: Located in the baggage claim area, across Carousel 8.
- The Club at CVG: Located in Concourse A, next to Gate A14.
Accomodation Options Nearby Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of its travelers, ranging from affordable choices to luxurious stays. Whether you’re seeking convenience or indulgence, there’s something for everyone at and near the airport. Let’s explore the accommodation options, starting from the most affordable to the most luxurious:
1. Onsite Budget Hotels: If you prefer staying in close proximity to the airport, there are some affordable hotel options directly accessible from within the terminal. These hotels provide budget-friendly rates and offer comfortable amenities like free Wi-Fi, shuttle services, and complimentary continental breakfast.
2. Offsite Economy Hotels: Off the airport premises, several economy hotels provide a cost-effective alternative for travelers. These hotels are situated a short distance away and often offer complimentary shuttle services, making it easy to access the airport terminals.
3. Mid-Range Hotels: For those looking for a balance of affordability and comfort, you’ll find a selection of mid-range hotels near the airport. These hotels generally offer spacious rooms, modern amenities, on-site dining options, fitness centers, and may include complimentary airport shuttle services.
4. Extended Stay Hotels: If you’re planning an extended visit, consider the extended stay hotels located near the airport. These properties provide more apartment-style accommodations, complete with kitchenettes or fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, and additional living space.
5. Upscale Boutique Hotels: Travelers seeking a touch of elegance and personalized service can enjoy upscale boutique hotels near Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport. These stylish accommodations often feature innovative design, gourmet dining options, spa facilities, fitness centers, and a range of luxury amenities.
6. Luxury Resorts: For those seeking the ultimate in indulgence, there are several high-end resorts located a short distance from the airport. These properties offer exceptional service, lavish rooms or suites, world-class dining experiences, well-equipped spas, golf courses, and other premium leisure facilities.
Keep in mind that prices and availability of accommodations may vary depending on the season and demand. It’s always recommended to book your stay in advance to ensure availability and secure the best rates.
1. The Creation Museum: Located just 10 miles from the Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport, the Creation Museum is a fascinating attraction that offers visitors the chance to explore the biblical history of our planet through exhibits, planetarium shows, and gardens.
2. The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden: A mere 16 miles from the airport, the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is a must-visit destination. Home to over 500 animal species and a stunning array of plants, this zoo is known for its conservation efforts and educational programs.
3. Newport on the Levee: Situated on the banks of the Ohio River, Newport on the Levee is a lively entertainment complex located just 3 miles away. With a wide variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options, such as an aquarium and movie theater, it’s a perfect place for family outings.
4. Newport Aquarium: Offering an immersive experience, the Newport Aquarium is only 2 miles from the airport and houses an impressive collection of marine life. From underwater tunnels to interactive exhibits, visitors can get up close and personal with sharks, penguins, and many other fascinating creatures.
5. National Underground Railroad Freedom Center: Located in downtown Cincinnati, just 9 miles from the airport, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center is a captivating museum that tells the powerful story of the Underground Railroad. Exhibits explore the history of slavery, the fight for freedom, and the ongoing global struggle for human rights.
6. Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal: Housed in a stunning art deco building, just 11 miles from the airport, the Cincinnati Museum Center offers a range of museums and attractions, including the Cincinnati History Museum, Duke Energy Children’s Museum, and the Museum of Natural History & Science.
7. Great American Ball Park: Baseball enthusiasts can catch a game at the Great American Ball Park, home of the Cincinnati Reds. Located just 10 miles away, this iconic ballpark offers a fantastic sports experience with stunning views of the Cincinnati skyline.
8. The Taft Museum of Art: Situated in an elegant 19th-century mansion, the Taft Museum of Art is located just 8 miles from the airport. Visitors can admire an extensive collection of European and American masterpieces, decorative arts, and sculptures in a charming setting.
9. Cincinnati Art Museum: Housed in a beautiful art-deco building, the Cincinnati Art Museum is located 14 miles from the airport. This museum boasts an impressive collection of over 67,000 artworks spanning 6,000 years, including pieces by renowned artists such as Monet, Picasso, and Rembrandt.
10. Kings Island: A short drive from the airport, Kings Island is a thrilling amusement park that offers an array of roller coasters, live entertainment, and family-friendly attractions. With water slides, a water park, and numerous rides, it’s a perfect destination for fun and adventure.
History of Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport, also known as CVG, is located in Hebron, Kentucky, just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio. The airport was originally built in 1944 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a commercial airport and opened for passenger service in 1947.
Throughout the years, CVG has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In the 1980s, the airport underwent a major renovation that included the construction of a new terminal building and the addition of several new concourses. In 1997, a new runway was added to the airport, making it one of the largest airports in the United States.
Today, CVG is a hub for Delta Air Lines and serves over 8 million passengers annually. The airport offers non-stop flights to over 60 destinations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In addition to passenger service, CVG also serves as a cargo hub for DHL Express, which operates a large sorting facility at the airport. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport continues to be an important transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in Kentucky, United States
- Barkley Regional Airport
- Blue Grass Airport
- Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport
- Bowman Field
- Campbell AAF (Fort Campbell) Air Field
- Central Kentucky Regional Airport
- Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Godman Army Air Field
- Julian Carroll Airport
- Lake Cumberland Regional Airport
- London-Corbin Airport/Magee Field
- Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
- Owensboro Daviess County Airport
- Wendell H Ford Airport