Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is a major airport located in Cleveland, Ohio. It serves as a hub for several airlines, including United Airlines and Frontier Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to over 50 destinations worldwide. The airport is known for its modern facilities and efficient operations, making it a popular choice for travelers in the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Other Airports in Ohio, United States
How to Get to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is located approximately 9 miles southwest of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Interstate 71 and Interstate 480. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers several bus routes that serve the airport. The Red Line train also stops at the airport, providing a convenient and affordable option for travelers.
Finally, ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available for those who prefer not to drive or take public transportation. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will take you directly to the airport.
No matter which option you choose, getting to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is easy and convenient. Plan ahead and choose the option that works best for you and your travel needs.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to help travelers get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available 24/7 outside of the baggage claim area. The ride to downtown Cleveland takes about 20 minutes and costs around $35.
2. Ride-sharing services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will pick you up at the designated ride-share pickup area.
3. Public transportation: The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers bus and train service to and from the airport. The Red Line train runs directly from the airport to downtown Cleveland and takes about 30 minutes.
4. Rental cars: Several rental car companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. You can reserve a car in advance or rent one on the spot.
5. Hotel shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport makes it easy to get where you need to go.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here is a list of the different parking options and where they are located:
1. Smart Parking Garage: Located directly across from the terminal, the Smart Parking Garage offers covered parking with easy access to the airport. Rates start at $18 per day.
2. Red Lot: Located just a short walk from the terminal, the Red Lot offers uncovered parking at a lower rate than the Smart Parking Garage. Rates start at $15 per day.
3. Blue Lot: Located just a short shuttle ride from the terminal, the Blue Lot offers uncovered parking at an even lower rate than the Red Lot. Rates start at $11 per day.
4. Orange Lot: Located just a short shuttle ride from the terminal, the Orange Lot offers uncovered parking at the lowest rate of all the parking options. Rates start at $8 per day.
5. Curbside Valet: For those who want the ultimate convenience, the Curbside Valet service allows you to drop off your car right at the terminal and have it waiting for you when you return. Rates start at $25 per day.
No matter which parking option you choose, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has plenty of convenient and affordable parking options to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has one main terminal building with three concourses: A, B, and C. The terminal building is divided into two levels, with the upper level being used for departures and the lower level for arrivals. The airport is located approximately 9 miles southwest of downtown Cleveland and is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation.
Concourse A is primarily used by Southwest Airlines and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including a Starbucks, Hudson News, and a Cinnabon. Concourse B is home to United Airlines and offers similar amenities, including a duty-free shop and a Hudson Booksellers. Concourse C is used by Delta Air Lines and offers a variety of dining options, including a Great Lakes Brewing Company restaurant and a Bar Symon.
The airport also offers a variety of services and amenities for travelers, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a pet relief area. Additionally, there are several parking options available, including a covered garage, surface lots, and valet parking. Overall, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport provides a convenient and comfortable travel experience for passengers flying in and out of Cleveland.
1. Air Canada
2. American Airlines
3. Delta Air Lines
4. Frontier Airlines
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Southwest Airlines
7. Spirit Airlines
8. United Airlines
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols are designed to detect and prevent potential threats, including terrorism, smuggling, and other criminal activities.
One of the key security measures at Cleveland Hopkins is the use of advanced screening technology, including full-body scanners and explosive detection systems. These systems are designed to detect any potential threats, including weapons, explosives, and other dangerous items.
In addition to these screening technologies, Cleveland Hopkins also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These personnel are trained in a variety of security protocols, including threat assessment, emergency response, and crisis management.
Overall, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of its passengers and staff. By implementing advanced screening technologies and employing highly trained security personnel, the airport is able to detect and prevent potential threats, ensuring the safety of everyone who passes through its doors.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Travelers Aid Society provides information and assistance to passengers with disabilities, lost or delayed baggage, and other travel-related issues. The society also offers wheelchair assistance and escort services for those who need it.
In addition, the airport has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. These representatives can be found throughout the airport and are easily identifiable by their bright green vests.
For international travelers, the airport offers a Global Entry program, which allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. This program is designed to speed up the customs and immigration process, making it easier for travelers to get through the airport quickly and efficiently.
Overall, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and assistance to all travelers. Whether you need help navigating the airport or have a specific travel-related issue, the airport’s dedicated staff is there to help you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to meet the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
– Hudson News: This newsstand offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, books, snacks, and travel essentials.
– InMotion Entertainment: This electronics store offers headphones, chargers, and other tech accessories.
– Swarovski: This jewelry store offers a selection of crystal accessories and gifts.
– Sunglass Hut: This store offers a variety of sunglasses from popular brands.
– XpresSpa: This spa offers massages, facials, and other relaxation services.
– Bar Symon: This restaurant, owned by celebrity chef Michael Symon, offers burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
– Cinnabon: This bakery offers cinnamon rolls, coffee, and other sweet treats.
– Great Lakes Brewing Company: This restaurant and bar offers craft beer and pub fare.
– Panini’s Bar & Grill: This restaurant offers sandwiches, salads, and burgers.
– Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a variety of coffee drinks, pastries, and snacks.
These are just a few of the many shops and restaurants available at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, there’s something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the lower level of the main terminal, near baggage claim, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located near Gate C6, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass.
3. Meditation Room – Located near Gate A5, the Meditation Room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for passengers to meditate or practice yoga. The room features comfortable seating, dim lighting, and a peaceful atmosphere.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located near Gate C6, the Jewish Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Jewish passengers to pray and observe their religious customs. The room is equipped with a Torah, prayer books, and a menorah.
Overall, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse needs of its passengers. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or find a moment of tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of workstations located throughout the terminal, which are equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are perfect for catching up on emails, making phone calls, or working on a project.
In addition, the airport also has a business center located in the main terminal, which offers a range of services including printing, copying, and faxing. The business center is open 24/7, making it convenient for travelers who need to work outside of regular business hours.
For those who need a more private workspace, the airport also has several lounges available for use. These lounges offer comfortable seating, power outlets, and complimentary snacks and beverages. Access to the lounges is available for a fee or through membership programs.
Overall, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers several lounges for travelers to relax and enjoy complimentary snacks and drinks before their journey. Here are some of the lounges located in the airport:
- United Club – Concourse B
- Delta Sky Club – Concourse C
- American Express Centurion Lounge – Concourse D
- The Club at CLE – Concourse C
- The Club at CLE Express – Ticketing Lobby
Accomodation Options Nearby Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers a range of accommodation options to cater to varied budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, the airport has various choices to suit every traveler’s needs. Here are the accommodation options available at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport:
1. On-site Hotel: The airport houses an on-site hotel, offering convenience and proximity for travelers. The hotel provides basic amenities and comfortable rooms within walking distance of the terminals.
2. Nearby Economy Hotels: Just a short distance away from the airport, there are several economy hotels that offer affordable rates without compromising on comfort. These options provide clean rooms, basic amenities, and shuttle services to and from the airport.
3. Mid-Range Hotels: If you prefer more amenities and a higher level of comfort, there are mid-range hotels available in the vicinity of the airport. These options often feature fitness centers, on-site restaurants, and spacious rooms, allowing you to unwind and relax.
4. Extended Stay Suites: For those requiring a longer stay, there are extended stay suites available near the airport. These accommodations offer additional conveniences such as fully equipped kitchens, living areas, and laundry facilities, making them suitable for both business and leisure travelers.
5. Luxury Hotels: If you are seeking a luxurious stay during your visit, there are premium hotels available in the nearby area. These hotels offer elegant rooms, exceptional service, upscale amenities such as spas, fine dining options, and often provide transportation services to the airport.
In addition to these accommodation options, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport provides travelers with a variety of local transportation options to ensure easy access to hotels throughout the area. Whether you have a limited budget or are seeking premium comfort, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport strives to cater to all passengers with its diverse range of accommodation choices.
1. Cleveland Metroparks – Located just a short drive from the airport, Cleveland Metroparks offers over 23,000 acres of stunning natural beauty, including hiking trails, picnic areas, and scenic views.
2. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – Situated along the shores of Lake Erie, the famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a must-visit attraction for music enthusiasts. Discover the history and cultural impact of rock and roll through fascinating exhibits and interactive displays.
3. Great Lakes Science Center – Explore the wonders of science and technology at the Great Lakes Science Center. With hands-on exhibits, an IMAX theater, and the NASA Glenn Visitor Center, this attraction promises an engaging and educational experience for visitors of all ages.
4. Cleveland Museum of Art – One of the most distinguished art museums in the country, the Cleveland Museum of Art houses a vast collection spanning thousands of years. From ancient artifacts to contemporary masterpieces, art lovers will appreciate the diverse range of exhibits.
5. West Side Market – Experience the vibrant culinary scene of Cleveland at the West Side Market, a historic indoor market offering a wide array of local produce, meats, baked goods, and international cuisine. Browse the stalls and indulge in delicious food from around the world.
6. Greater Cleveland Aquarium – Dive into the fascinating underwater world at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. Home to hundreds of species from across the globe, this attraction allows visitors to get up close and personal with sharks, stingrays, and other marine life.
7. Playhouse Square – As the largest performing arts center outside of New York, Playhouse Square offers a rich lineup of Broadway shows, concerts, and other live performances. Enjoy an evening of entertainment and be captivated by world-class talent.
8. Cleveland Botanical Garden – Located in the University Circle neighborhood, the Cleveland Botanical Garden provides a serene and beautiful escape within the city. Stroll through the various themed gardens, including a Japanese garden and an enchanting glasshouse filled with exotic plants.
9. A Christmas Story House – Fans of the classic holiday film will enjoy visiting the actual house where “A Christmas Story” was filmed. Step into Ralphie’s world, explore the festive display, and catch a glimpse of iconic movie props.
10. The Cleveland Orchestra – Recognized globally for its exceptional performances, the Cleveland Orchestra is a cultural gem for music lovers. Attend a concert at Severance Hall and be mesmerized by the orchestra’s unparalleled talent and repertoire.
With these diverse attractions near Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, visitors can make the most of their time in Cleveland, Ohio, whether they have a short layover or an extended stay.
History of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is a major airport located in Cleveland, Ohio. It was first opened in 1925 as a small airfield known as Cleveland Municipal Airport. The airport was named after William R. Hopkins, a prominent Cleveland businessman and aviation enthusiast who played a key role in the development of the airport.
Over the years, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has undergone several major expansions and renovations to keep up with the growing demand for air travel. In the 1950s, a new terminal building was constructed to accommodate the increasing number of passengers. In the 1990s, the airport underwent a major renovation that included the construction of a new concourse and the addition of several new gates.
Today, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers each year. It is home to several major airlines, including United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and American Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to destinations across the United States and around the world. The airport is also a major hub for cargo operations, with several cargo airlines operating out of the airport.
Other Airports in Ohio, United States
- Akron Canton Regional Airport
- Akron Executive Airport
- Burke Lakefront Airport
- Cincinnati Municipal Airport Lunken Field
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Cuyahoga County Airport
- Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport
- Findlay Airport
- James M Cox Dayton International Airport
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Mansfield Lahm Regional Airport
- Northeast Ohio Regional Airport
- Rickenbacker International Airport
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport
- The Ohio State University Airport – Don Scott Field
- Wilmington Airpark
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Youngstown Warren Regional Airport
- Zanesville Municipal Airport