Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, located in the city of Kochi in the state of Kerala. It is the first airport in the world to be fully powered by solar energy, making it an eco-friendly and sustainable airport.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cochin International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cochin International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cochin International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cochin International Airport
- Other Airports in Kerala, India
How to Get to Cochin International Airport
Cochin International Airport is located in the city of Kochi, in the state of Kerala, India. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and budget.
If you are coming from the city center, the easiest and most convenient way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available and can be hailed on the street or booked through a ride-hailing app. The journey takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a bus. The airport is well-connected to the city by public transport, with several buses running from different parts of the city. The bus journey takes around an hour and is a more affordable option than a taxi.
If you are driving to the airport, there is ample parking available at the airport. The airport is located on the National Highway 544, which connects Kochi to other major cities in the region.
Overall, getting to Cochin International Airport is easy and convenient, with several options available to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you choose to take a taxi, bus, or drive yourself, you can be sure of a hassle-free journey to the airport.
Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, serving millions of passengers every year. To cater to the transportation needs of the passengers, the airport offers various transportation options. Here are some of the transportation options available at Cochin International Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and they are the most convenient and comfortable way to travel to your destination. The taxis are metered, and the fare is reasonable.
2. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city by bus. The Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) operates regular bus services from the airport to various destinations in the city.
3. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the car rental companies located at the airport. The rental rates are reasonable, and you can choose from a wide range of cars.
4. Auto-rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are a popular mode of transportation in India, and they are available at the airport. The fare is negotiable, and it is advisable to agree on the fare before starting the journey.
5. Pre-paid taxi: If you want to avoid the hassle of negotiating the fare with the taxi driver, you can opt for a pre-paid taxi service. The service is available at the airport, and the fare is fixed.
In conclusion, Cochin International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to cater to the needs of the passengers. Whether you prefer to travel by taxi, bus, car rental, auto-rickshaw, or pre-paid taxi, you can choose the option that suits your needs and budget.
Cochin International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different types of car parking and their locations:
1. General Parking: This is the most common type of parking available at the airport. It is located near the terminal building and is suitable for short-term parking. The rates for general parking are charged on an hourly basis.
2. Premium Parking: This type of parking is located closer to the terminal building and is suitable for travelers who want quick access to the airport. The rates for premium parking are charged on a daily basis.
3. Valet Parking: This is a convenient parking option for travelers who want to save time and avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot. Valet parking is located near the terminal building and is available 24/7. The rates for valet parking are charged on a daily basis.
4. Long-term Parking: This type of parking is suitable for travelers who need to park their cars for an extended period of time. Long-term parking is located farther away from the terminal building and is available at a discounted rate for travelers who park for more than a day.
5. Disabled Parking: Cochin International Airport offers designated parking spots for travelers with disabilities. These spots are located near the terminal building and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Overall, Cochin International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, there is a parking option available for you.
Car Rental at Cochin International Airport
- Ace Rent a Car
Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has three terminals, each catering to different types of flights and passengers. Terminal 1 is the domestic terminal, which handles all domestic flights. It has a capacity of around 400 passengers per hour and is equipped with all the necessary facilities such as check-in counters, security checkpoints, and baggage handling systems.
Terminal 2 is the international terminal, which handles all international flights. It has a capacity of around 1,600 passengers per hour and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as duty-free shops, lounges, and restaurants. The terminal also has a separate section for VIPs and business class passengers.
Terminal 3 is the cargo terminal, which handles all cargo flights. It has a capacity of around 300,000 metric tons per year and is equipped with modern facilities such as cold storage, cargo handling equipment, and customs clearance facilities. The terminal also has a separate section for perishable goods such as fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
Overall, Cochin International Airport’s terminals are well-equipped and provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport’s management is constantly upgrading and improving the facilities to ensure that passengers have a hassle-free experience.
1. Air India
5. AirAsia India
8. Qatar Airways
9. Etihad Airways
10. Oman Air
11. Gulf Air
12. Saudi Arabian Airlines
13. SriLankan Airlines
14. Kuwait Airways
16. Malaysia Airlines
17. Thai Airways
18. Cathay Pacific
19. British Airways
21. Air Arabia
23. Jazeera Airways
25. Malindo Air
26. Air India Express
27. Jazeera Airways
29. Air Arabia
30. Qatar Airways
31. Kuwait Airways
32. Oman Air
33. Gulf Air
34. Saudi Arabian Airlines
35. SriLankan Airlines
37. Malaysia Airlines
38. Thai Airways
39. Cathay Pacific
40. British Airways
Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. The airport has a state-of-the-art security system that includes advanced technology and highly trained security personnel.
The security protocols at Cochin International Airport begin with the screening of passengers and their luggage. All passengers are required to go through a security check before entering the airport terminal. The security check includes a body scan, metal detector, and X-ray screening of luggage. The airport also has a baggage reconciliation system that ensures that every piece of luggage is screened and matched with the passenger who checked it in.
In addition to the screening process, the airport has a robust security system that includes CCTV cameras, access control systems, and perimeter security. The airport also has a dedicated security team that monitors the airport 24/7. The security team is trained to handle any security threat and respond quickly to any emergency situation.
Overall, Cochin International Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in India.
Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, including those with disabilities, elderly passengers, families with children, and solo travelers.
One of the most popular traveler’s assistance services offered by Cochin International Airport is the Meet and Greet service. This service is available for passengers who require assistance with their luggage, navigating the airport, or finding their way to their destination. The airport staff will meet the passenger at the arrival gate and escort them through the airport to their destination.
Another important service offered by the airport is the Special Assistance service. This service is designed for passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility. The airport staff will provide assistance with check-in, security screening, boarding, and disembarking. The airport also has special facilities for passengers with disabilities, including wheelchair ramps, accessible restrooms, and designated parking spaces.
In addition to these services, Cochin International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage wrapping, lost and found, currency exchange, and car rental. These services are available 24/7 to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Overall, Cochin International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel easier and more convenient for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Cochin International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a wide range of shopping and dining options for travelers. Here are some of the shops and restaurants that you can find at the airport:
1. Fabindia: This popular Indian brand offers a range of clothing, accessories, and home decor items made from natural materials.
2. The Bombay Store: This store offers a range of Indian handicrafts, souvenirs, and gifts.
3. Kairali: This store offers a range of Ayurvedic products, including herbal supplements, skincare products, and massage oils.
4. WHSmith: This popular bookstore chain offers a range of books, magazines, and stationery items.
5. The Chocolate Room: This store offers a range of chocolates, cakes, and pastries.
6. Kerala Souvenirs: This store offers a range of souvenirs and gifts that are unique to Kerala, including spices, tea, and handicrafts.
1. KFC: This popular fast-food chain offers a range of fried chicken, burgers, and sides.
2. Cafe Coffee Day: This popular coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
3. Subway: This popular sandwich chain offers a range of sandwiches, salads, and sides.
4. The Great Kabab Factory: This restaurant offers a range of Indian kebabs, curries, and biryanis.
5. Pizza Hut: This popular pizza chain offers a range of pizzas, sides, and desserts.
6. The Kerala Kitchen: This restaurant offers a range of traditional Kerala dishes, including appam, dosa, and fish curry.
Overall, Cochin International Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants that cater to a variety of tastes and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a full meal, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cochin International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. These areas are located in different parts of the airport terminal and are easily accessible.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: This prayer room is located on the ground floor of the terminal building, near the domestic arrival area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for people of all faiths.
2. Masjid: The Masjid is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the international departure area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Muslim passengers and visitors.
3. Chapel: The Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the international departure area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Christian passengers and visitors.
4. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the international departure area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for people who want to meditate or practice yoga.
5. Hindu Prayer Room: The Hindu Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the international departure area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Hindu passengers and visitors.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are well-maintained and provide a peaceful and serene environment for prayer and meditation. They are equipped with prayer mats, religious books, and other necessary facilities. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to use these facilities as per their convenience.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cochin International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers throughout the terminal building. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flights, the airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Lounge:
The airport has a dedicated business lounge that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers to work or relax. The lounge is equipped with high-speed WiFi, comfortable seating, and charging points for electronic devices.
2. Meeting Rooms:
The airport has several meeting rooms that can be rented by passengers who need to conduct business meetings or interviews. The meeting rooms are equipped with audio-visual equipment, high-speed WiFi, and comfortable seating.
The airport has several workstations located throughout the terminal building. These workstations are equipped with power outlets, high-speed WiFi, and comfortable seating, making them ideal for passengers who need to work on their laptops or tablets.
In conclusion, Cochin International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to make your stay enjoyable.
Cochin International Airport provides travelers a range of lounges and services to make their journey more comfortable. Here’s a listing of the lounges available at Cochin International Airport:
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Departure): Located at the Departure Hall (Domestic)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (International): Located at the Departure Hall (International)
- Air India Lounge: Located at the Domestic Departure Hall
- International Business Lounge: Located at the International Departure Hall
- Airport Lounge – Kochi: Located at the Domestic Departure Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Cochin International Airport
Cochin International Airport, located in Kochi, Kerala, India, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you are looking for budget-friendly options or seeking luxury and comfort, this airport has something to suit every preference. Let’s explore the accommodation options available:
1. Transit Lounge:
For travelers seeking a quick rest or an overnight stay at an affordable rate, the Transit Lounge at Cochin International Airport provides a basic yet convenient option. Equipped with cozy beds, clean bathrooms, and necessary amenities, this budget-friendly accommodation allows passengers to relax and rejuvenate during their layovers.
2. Nearby Budget Hotels:
Located in close proximity to the airport, there are numerous budget hotels that offer comfortable stays at reasonable prices. These hotels provide clean and well-maintained rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, and essential facilities like 24-hour front desk assistance, room service, and in-house restaurants. Some popular choices include Hotel Elite Palazzo, Hotel Airlink Castle, and Hotel Royal Castle.
3. Mid-Range Hotels:
If you prefer a more substantial accommodation experience, Cochin International Airport offers mid-range hotels that strike a balance between affordability and comfort. These hotels often provide spacious rooms, modern amenities, complimentary breakfast, fitness centers, and in some cases, swimming pools and spa facilities. Examples of mid-range hotels include Quality Airport Hotels, Flora Airport Hotel, and Hotel Air Terminal.
4. Upscale Hotels:
For travelers seeking a luxurious stay, there are upscale hotels conveniently located near the airport. These hotels boast elegant rooms with upscale furnishings, refined dining options, and a comprehensive range of amenities including fitness centers, swimming pools, spa services, and dedicated business centers. Highly recommended luxury hotels in the vicinity include Courtyard by Marriott Kochi Airport, Diana Heights Luxury Hotel, and Kochi Marriott Hotel.
5. Airport Lounges:
For passengers with access to airport lounges, Cochin International Airport offers a variety of lounges equipped with comfortable seating, complimentary refreshments, entertainment options, and even shower facilities. These lounges provide a tranquil and exclusive space to unwind before or after your flight.
With these diverse accommodation options, Cochin International Airport ensures that travelers have a range of choices to suit their preferences and budgets. Whether you are a budget-conscious traveler or seeking luxurious indulgence, this airport strives to make your stay comfortable, convenient, and memorable.
1. Athirappilly Waterfalls: Located just 40 kilometers away from Cochin International Airport, Athirappilly Waterfalls is a breathtaking natural attraction. With lush green surroundings and a 330-foot drop, this majestic waterfall provides a perfect spot for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
2. Cherai Beach: Situated around 25 kilometers from the airport, Cherai Beach offers a serene and beautiful coastline. The golden sands, pristine waters, and calm atmosphere make it an ideal place to relax and unwind after a flight.
3. Fort Kochi: A historic neighborhood located about 40 kilometers away from the airport, Fort Kochi is known for its colonial charm and cultural fusion. Visitors can explore the colonial architecture, ancient churches, and experience the local Kerala cuisine and arts scenes.
4. Marine Drive: Situated in the heart of Kochi city, only 35 kilometers from the airport, Marine Drive is a popular promenade along the backwaters. Visitors can take a leisurely walk, enjoy the scenic beauty, and indulge in local street food.
5. Hill Palace Museum: Located just 22 kilometers away from the airport, Hill Palace Museum is the largest archaeological museum in Kerala. It houses a remarkable collection of artifacts, royal heirlooms, and artwork from the Kochi royal family.
6. Kerala Folklore Museum: Around 20 kilometers from the airport, the Kerala Folklore Museum is a treasure trove of traditional art and artifacts. Visitors can explore the diverse cultural heritage of Kerala through exhibits that showcase dance forms, martial arts, and traditional costumes.
7. Parikshith Thampuran Museum: Situated in Thrissur, about 53 kilometers from the airport, this museum displays a rich collection of antiques, sculptures, and artifacts representing the history of the region. The museum building itself is a beautifully restored palace.
8. Thattekad Bird Sanctuary: Approximately 62 kilometers from the airport, Thattekad Bird Sanctuary is a paradise for bird lovers. With over 300 species of birds, including some rare and endemic ones, this sanctuary offers excellent opportunities for birdwatching and photography.
9. Paniyeli Poru: Located about 55 kilometers from the airport, Paniyeli Poru is a scenic riverside destination with rocky terrains, dense forests, and gushing waterfalls. Adventurous travelers can enjoy activities like trekking, river rafting, and picnicking amidst the stunning natural landscapes.
10. Bolgatty Palace: Just 32 kilometers away from the airport, Bolgatty Palace is a beautiful heritage hotel situated on an island in the backwaters of Kochi. With stunning architecture, lush gardens, and scenic views, it is a popular destination for tourists seeking a luxurious stay or a romantic getaway.
History of Cochin International Airport
Cochin International Airport is located in the city of Kochi, in the southern Indian state of Kerala. It is the first airport in the world to be fully powered by solar energy. The airport was established in 1936 as a small airstrip for the British Royal Air Force. After India gained independence in 1947, the airport was taken over by the Indian Air Force and used for military purposes.
In 1999, the government of Kerala decided to convert the airport into a civilian airport. The airport was then managed by the Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL), a public-private partnership company. The airport underwent a major renovation and expansion, and a new terminal was built to handle the increasing number of passengers.
In 2015, Cochin International Airport became the first airport in the world to be fully powered by solar energy. The airport installed a 12 MW solar power plant, which generates enough electricity to meet the airport’s entire energy needs. The airport has won several awards for its innovative and sustainable practices, including the United Nations Environment Programme’s Champions of the Earth award in 2018. Today, Cochin International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India, serving millions of passengers every year.
Other Airports in Kerala, India
- Calicut International Airport
- Cochin International Airport
- Kannur International Airport
- Trivandrum International Airport