Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is the main airport serving Santiago, the capital city of Chile. It is located in the commune of Pudahuel, approximately 15 kilometers northwest of downtown Santiago. The airport is the busiest in Chile and serves as a hub for several airlines, including LATAM Chile and Sky Airline.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
- Other Airports in Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
How to Get to Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is located in Pudahuel, Santiago, Chile. There are several ways to get to the airport, including public transportation, private transportation, and taxi services.
If you are using public transportation, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taking the Metro. The nearest Metro station to the airport is Pajaritos, which is on Line 1. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to the airport.
If you prefer private transportation, you can hire a car or a shuttle service. There are several companies that offer these services, and they can be booked online or by phone. Private transportation is a good option if you have a lot of luggage or if you are traveling with a group.
Finally, if you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that operate in Santiago. You can either hail a taxi on the street or book one in advance. It is important to make sure that the taxi you choose is licensed and has a meter, as this will ensure that you are charged a fair price.
Overall, getting to Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is easy and convenient, with several options available to suit your needs and preferences.
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, also known as Santiago International Airport, is the largest airport in Chile and serves as the main gateway to the country. It is located approximately 15 kilometers northwest of Santiago’s city center. Here are some transportation options available for travelers arriving at the airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and safe option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly. The fare to the city center is around 20,000 CLP (Chilean pesos) and takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
2. Airport Shuttle: There are several airport shuttle services available at the airport. These shuttles offer shared rides to various destinations in the city, including hotels and tourist attractions. The fare is around 7,000 CLP per person, and the journey takes approximately 45 minutes.
3. Public Transportation: The airport is well-connected to the city’s public transportation system. The Metro de Santiago has a station located at the airport, providing easy access to the city center and other areas. The fare is around 830 CLP per person, and the journey takes approximately 30 minutes.
4. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the city and its surroundings at their own pace. The rental rates vary depending on the type of car and the rental period.
5. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available for travelers who want a more comfortable and personalized experience. These services offer door-to-door transportation to any destination in the city. The rates vary depending on the distance and the type of vehicle.
In conclusion, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers arriving in Santiago. Whether you prefer a taxi, shuttle, public transportation, rental car, or private transfer, there is an option that will suit your needs and budget.
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers.
The first option is the Short-Term Parking, located just a few steps away from the terminal building. This parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates are charged hourly, and the maximum daily rate is affordable.
The second option is the Long-Term Parking, located a bit further from the terminal building. This parking area is ideal for those who need to park for several days or weeks. The rates are charged daily, and the maximum weekly rate is also affordable.
The third option is the VIP Parking, located right in front of the terminal building. This parking area is ideal for those who want to park their car in a secure and convenient location. The rates are charged hourly, and the maximum daily rate is higher than the other two options.
All parking areas are monitored by security personnel and CCTV cameras, ensuring the safety of the parked vehicles. Additionally, there are shuttle buses available to transport passengers from the Long-Term Parking to the terminal building.
Passengers can choose the parking option that best suits their needs and budget, making their travel experience hassle-free and convenient.
Car Rental at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
- Avis Rent a Car
- Hertz Chile
- Europcar Chile
- Sixt Chile
- Budget Chile
- Localiza Chile
- Thrifty Chile
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is the largest airport in Chile and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a pedestrian walkway.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is primarily used for domestic flights. It has three levels and features a variety of shops, restaurants, and services for passengers. The terminal also has a VIP lounge, baggage storage, and a medical center.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, which opened in 2011. It is used for both domestic and international flights and has four levels. The terminal features a modern design and offers a wide range of amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges. Terminal 2 also has a VIP lounge, baggage storage, and a medical center.
Both terminals are equipped with modern facilities and offer a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport also provides a range of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for travelers to get to and from the airport. Overall, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is a well-designed and efficient airport that provides a high level of service to its passengers.
1. LATAM Airlines
2. Sky Airline
4. American Airlines
5. Delta Air Lines
6. Copa Airlines
7. Aerolineas Argentinas
9. Air Canada
11. British Airways
12. Air France
13. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
15. Qatar Airways
17. Turkish Airlines
18. Air Europa
19. Ethiopian Airlines
21. GOL Linhas Aéreas
22. Azul Brazilian Airlines
23. TAP Air Portugal
24. United Airlines
25. Air China
26. China Eastern Airlines
27. Korean Air
28. Japan Airlines
29. Cathay Pacific
30. Singapore Airlines.
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is the largest airport in Chile and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. The screening process includes X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the security checkpoint.
The airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and its surroundings. They are equipped with advanced technology such as CCTV cameras, facial recognition software, and explosive detection systems. The airport also has a canine unit that is trained to detect explosives and other prohibited items.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a number of other security protocols such as restricted access to certain areas, random security checks, and strict regulations on the transportation of liquids and other items. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Overall, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all those who pass through its doors. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, also known as Santiago International Airport, is the largest airport in Chile and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the most important traveler’s assistance services offered at the airport is the information desk. The information desk is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who can provide passengers with information on flight schedules, airport facilities, transportation options, and other travel-related queries. The information desk is located in the arrivals hall and is open 24 hours a day.
Another important traveler’s assistance service offered at the airport is the baggage storage facility. Passengers who need to store their luggage for a few hours or days can make use of this facility. The baggage storage facility is located in the arrivals hall and is open 24 hours a day.
The airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including currency exchange, ATMs, medical services, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities. Overall, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport is committed to providing passengers with a comfortable and stress-free travel experience, and its range of traveler’s assistance services reflects this commitment.
Shops and Restaurants
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, located in Santiago, Chile, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy during their time at the airport.
For those looking to do some shopping, there are several options available. The airport features duty-free shops where travelers can purchase a variety of items, including liquor, tobacco, and perfumes. Additionally, there are several stores selling clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
When it comes to dining options, the airport has a range of restaurants and cafes to choose from. For a quick bite, travelers can visit fast food chains such as McDonald’s, Burger King, and Subway. Those looking for a sit-down meal can choose from a variety of options, including Italian cuisine at La Pausa, sushi at Sushi Time, and traditional Chilean dishes at La Piojera.
For those looking to relax before their flight, there are several cafes and bars where travelers can grab a drink and unwind. Starbucks, Juan Valdez Cafe, and Costa Coffee are just a few of the options available.
Overall, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers passing through.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, also known as Santiago International Airport, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
1. Catholic Chapel – Located on the second floor of the international terminal, the Catholic Chapel is open 24/7 and offers daily mass services.
2. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the third floor of the international terminal, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. It features prayer mats, religious texts, and a peaceful atmosphere for meditation.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the third floor of the international terminal, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and features prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a washing area for ablution.
4. Evangelical Chapel – Located on the first floor of the domestic terminal, the Evangelical Chapel is open 24/7 and offers services on Sundays.
All prayer rooms and worship areas at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport are free of charge and open to all passengers and airport staff.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, located in Santiago, Chile, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
For those who need to get work done, the airport offers a number of workspace facilities. There are several business lounges located throughout the terminal, which provide a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers to work in. These lounges offer amenities such as comfortable seating, work desks, power outlets, and complimentary refreshments.
In addition to the business lounges, the airport also has a number of workstations located throughout the terminal. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and provide a convenient place for passengers to work on their laptops or other devices.
Overall, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to browse the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected.
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport offers a range of premium lounges for passengers to relax and unwind. Here is a list of the lounges available at the airport and where they are located:
- Sala VIP LATAM: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP Sky: Located in the International Departures area
- Salon VIP de American Airlines: Located in the International Departures area
- Salon VIP de United Airlines: Located in the International Departures area
- Lounge de Lufthansa: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Aeromexico: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Iberia: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de KLM: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Turkish Airlines: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Aerolineas Argentinas: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Air France: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Air Canada: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Qatar Airways: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Alitalia: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Avianca: Located in the International Departures area
- Sala VIP de Virgin Atlantic: Located in the International Departures area
Accomodation Options Nearby Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, located in Santiago, Chile, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you are seeking an affordable place to rest or prefer the lap of luxury, the airport has got you covered. Here are the accommodations available at Santiago Airport, ranging from economical to opulent:
1. Capsule Hotels: For budget-conscious travelers seeking a quick nap or short stay, capsule hotels provide a no-frills, affordable option. With compact sleeping pods equipped with essential amenities, these hotels offer a comfortable place to rest without breaking the bank.
2. Transit Hotels: Ideal for travelers with longer layovers or overnight stays, transit hotels within the airport premises offer convenience and comfort. Featuring well-appointed rooms, these accommodations provide a welcome respite with amenities such as cozy beds, en-suite bathrooms, and often include access to fitness centers and business facilities.
3. Budget Hotels: Located within close proximity to the airport, budget hotels offer a comfortable stay at affordable rates. These hotels provide basic amenities like clean rooms, private bathrooms, and some may have restaurants or cafes on-site, making it convenient for guests.
4. Mid-range Hotels: Categorized as three to four-star accommodations, mid-range hotels strike a balance between comfort and affordability. These hotels generally offer spacious rooms, various amenities such as Wi-Fi, fitness centers, and dining options. Some may even provide airport shuttle services for added convenience.
5. Airport Lounges: For travelers who value privacy and comfort, airport lounges provide a tranquil space to relax. These lounges often offer complimentary food and beverages, comfortable seating, Wi-Fi access, and sometimes even shower facilities. Access to these lounges can be obtained through airline loyalty programs, membership plans, or one-time passes.
6. Luxury Hotels: To indulge in an upscale experience, luxury hotels near the airport offer plush accommodations, exceptional service, and an array of amenities to pamper guests. These hotels typically feature spacious rooms or suites, gourmet restaurants, spa and wellness facilities, swimming pools, and more, ensuring a truly opulent stay.
It is important to note that while these accommodation options are within close proximity to the airport, transportation to and from the terminal may vary. Always verify whether the accommodation provides shuttle services or explore alternative transportation options such as taxis or ride-sharing services.
1. Casas del Bosque Winery: Located just 9 kilometers from the airport, Casas del Bosque Winery offers visitors a delightful wine tasting experience. Explore the vineyards, learn about the winemaking process, and indulge in some of Chile’s most renowned wines.
2. Santiago Outlet Maipú: Shop till you drop at Santiago Outlet Maipú, a massive shopping complex situated only 10 kilometers away from the airport. With over 100 stores, you can find great deals on renowned brands and enjoy a variety of dining options.
3. Parque Araucano: Just a short drive from the airport, Parque Araucano is a beautiful urban park perfect for leisurely walks or picnics. The family-friendly park boasts picturesque landscaping, jogging tracks, children’s playgrounds, and a skate park.
4. Museo Aeronáutico y del Espacio: For aviation enthusiasts, the Museo Aeronáutico y del Espacio is a must-visit attraction. Located 15 kilometers from the airport, this museum showcases the rich history of Chilean aviation, along with a remarkable collection of aircraft and space exploration artifacts.
5. Fantasilandia: Thrill-seekers and families will enjoy a visit to Fantasilandia, one of Chile’s largest amusement parks. Situated just a few kilometers away, this fun-filled park offers a wide range of rides and attractions, including roller coasters, water slides, and live entertainment.
6. Escuela Militar Metro Station: Explore Santiago’s efficient metro system and visit Escuela Militar Metro Station, located near the airport. This unique station’s architecture features stunning contemporary designs and artwork, making it a fascinating stop for architectural enthusiasts.
7. Mall Plaza Vespucio: Indulge in a shopping spree at Mall Plaza Vespucio, one of the largest shopping malls in Chile. Situated approximately 9 kilometers from the airport, this mall offers an extensive selection of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
8. Aculeo Lagoon: Escape the bustling city and enjoy a tranquil retreat at Aculeo Lagoon, around 30 kilometers from the airport. This scenic lagoon provides the perfect setting for water activities like kayaking, sailing, and swimming, surrounded by picturesque hills and nature trails.
9. Parque por la Paz Villa Grimaldi: Delve into Chile’s history by visiting Parque por la Paz Villa Grimaldi, a former detention and torture center during the Pinochet regime. This memorial site, located roughly 10 kilometers away, offers guided tours that provide insight into the country’s painful past.
10. Pueblito Los Dominicos: Experience Chilean arts and crafts at Pueblito Los Dominicos, an artisan village located approximately 16 kilometers from the airport. Explore its charming cobblestone streets, browse through traditional handicrafts, and perhaps purchase unique souvenirs to take back home.
History of Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, also known as Santiago International Airport, is the largest and busiest airport in Chile. It is located in the Pudahuel commune, about 15 kilometers northwest of Santiago’s city center. The airport was named after Arturo Merino Benitez, a Chilean aviation pioneer who founded the country’s first airline in 1929.
The airport was originally built in 1967 to replace the old Los Cerrillos Airport, which was located in the heart of Santiago. The new airport was designed to handle the growing number of passengers and aircraft, and it quickly became a hub for international flights to and from South America. Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and renovations to keep up with the increasing demand for air travel.
Today, Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport serves more than 20 million passengers annually and offers flights to over 100 destinations worldwide. It is also home to several airlines, including LATAM Airlines, Sky Airline, and JetSMART. The airport has modern facilities and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges, making it a comfortable and convenient place for travelers to start or end their journey.
Other Airports in Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile