Comox Valley Airport, also known as CFB Comox, is a Canadian Forces Base located in Comox, British Columbia. It serves as a joint civilian-military airport and is the second busiest airport on Vancouver Island.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox is located in Comox, British Columbia, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving, take the Comox Valley Parkway exit off the Inland Island Highway (Highway 19) and follow signs to the airport. The airport is located approximately 4 kilometers from the highway.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in the area that can take you to the airport. Be sure to book your taxi in advance to ensure availability.
If you are using public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The Comox Valley Transit System operates several routes that stop at the airport, including Route 2, Route 3, and Route 11.
No matter how you choose to get to Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox, be sure to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to get to the airport before your flight.
The Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox offer a variety of transportation options for travelers and visitors.
1. Taxi Services: Taxis are readily available at the airport and CFB Comox. Several local taxi companies provide reliable and affordable transportation services to and from the airport and military base.
2. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies operate at the Comox Valley Airport, including Budget, National, and Enterprise. Visitors can rent a car to explore the beautiful Comox Valley and surrounding areas.
3. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are available from the airport to various destinations in the Comox Valley, including hotels, resorts, and other attractions. These services are convenient and affordable for travelers who prefer not to drive.
4. Public Transportation: The Comox Valley Transit System provides bus services throughout the Comox Valley, including stops at the airport and CFB Comox. Visitors can use public transportation to explore the area and reach their destination.
5. Private Transportation: Private transportation services, such as limousines and private cars, are available for hire at the airport and CFB Comox. These services offer a luxurious and comfortable way to travel to and from the airport and military base.
Overall, the Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox offer a range of transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers and visitors. Whether you prefer public transportation, private transportation, or car rentals, you can easily find a convenient and affordable way to get around the Comox Valley.
Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are $2 for the first hour and $1 for each additional hour, up to a maximum of $12 per day.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are $12 per day or $60 per week.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is ideal for those who are looking for a more affordable parking option. The rates for economy parking are $8 per day or $40 per week.
4. Disabled parking: There are several designated disabled parking spots located in the short-term parking area, as well as in the long-term and economy parking areas.
5. Oversized vehicle parking: There are several designated spots for oversized vehicles, such as RVs and buses, located in the long-term parking area.
All parking areas at Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox are well-lit and patrolled by security personnel. Payment for parking can be made at the pay stations located in each parking area, or by using the HonkMobile app.
Car Rental at Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Budget Car Rental Comox Valley
- National Car Rental Comox Valley Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Comox Valley Airport
- Avis Car Rental Comox Valley Airport
- Hertz Comox Valley Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental Comox Valley Airport
Comox Valley Airport, also known as CFB Comox Terminals, is a small regional airport located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. It is primarily used for commercial flights, with airlines such as WestJet and Air Canada offering daily flights to major cities such as Vancouver and Calgary. The airport also serves as a military base for the Royal Canadian Air Force, with a squadron of CF-18 Hornets stationed there.
The airport features a modern terminal building with a variety of amenities for passengers, including a restaurant, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi. There is also ample parking available for both short-term and long-term stays. The airport is easily accessible by car, with Highway 19 running directly past it, and there are also shuttle services available for those without their own transportation.
CFB Comox Terminals is an important hub for the Comox Valley and surrounding areas, providing convenient access to major cities and connecting flights. Despite its small size, the airport offers a high level of service and convenience for travelers, making it a popular choice for both locals and visitors to the area.
- Air Canada Express: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
- WestJet: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Calgary International Airport (YYC).
- Central Mountain Air: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Prince George Airport (YXS).
- Northern Thunderbird Air: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Kelowna International Airport (YLW).
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Offers regularly scheduled flights to and from Victoria International Airport (YYJ).
Comox Valley Airport, also known as CFB Comox, is a Canadian airport located in Comox, British Columbia. The airport is operated by the Comox Valley Airport Commission and serves as a hub for regional airlines such as Pacific Coastal Airlines and Central Mountain Air. The airport is also home to the Canadian Forces Base Comox, which is responsible for air defense and search and rescue operations in the region.
In terms of security protocols, Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox have stringent measures in place to ensure the safety of passengers and personnel. The airport follows the regulations set by Transport Canada and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to maintain a high level of security. This includes screening all passengers and their belongings before they board their flights, as well as conducting random checks on individuals and their luggage.
Additionally, CFB Comox has its own security measures in place to protect the base and its personnel. The base is secured by a perimeter fence and has security personnel stationed at all entry points. Visitors must go through a security screening process before being granted access to the base. The base also conducts regular training exercises to ensure that all personnel are prepared to respond to any security threats.
Overall, Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox take security very seriously and have implemented a range of measures to maintain a safe and secure environment for all. Passengers and visitors can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport or visiting the base.
Comox Valley Airport, also known as CFB Comox, is a small regional airport located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The airport serves as a hub for domestic and international flights, connecting travelers to destinations across Canada and beyond. The airport features a modern terminal building with a range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and free Wi-Fi.
Traveler’s assistance is available at Comox Valley Airport to help passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. The airport staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing assistance with everything from baggage handling to flight information. Additionally, the airport offers a range of services for travelers with disabilities, including wheelchair assistance and accessible parking.
For those traveling with pets, Comox Valley Airport offers a pet relief area outside the terminal building. The airport also provides a range of parking options, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking services. Overall, Comox Valley Airport is a convenient and welcoming airport that provides a range of services and amenities to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Comox Valley Airport Cafe: Located in the main terminal, this cafe offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
2. The Comox Valley Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this gift shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items.
3. The Comox Valley Airport Restaurant: Located in the main terminal, this restaurant offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
4. The Comox Valley Airport Bar: Located in the main terminal, this bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
5. The Comox Valley Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
6. The Comox Valley Airport Bookstore: Located in the main terminal, this bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
7. The Comox Valley Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, this newsstand offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
8. The Comox Valley Airport Convenience Store: Located in the main terminal, this convenience store offers a variety of snacks, beverages, and other items.
9. The Comox Valley Airport Pharmacy: Located in the main terminal, this pharmacy offers a variety of over-the-counter medications and other health-related items.
10. The Comox Valley Airport Car Rental: Located in the main terminal, this car rental offers a variety of vehicles for rent.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox both offer prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers and military personnel who wish to practice their faith. These areas are located in convenient and accessible locations within the airport and military base.
At Comox Valley Airport, the prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This quiet and peaceful space is open to people of all faiths and provides a comfortable and private area for prayer and reflection.
At CFB Comox, there are several worship areas available for military personnel and their families. The base chapel is located on Ryan Road and offers services for various denominations, including Catholic, Protestant, and Muslim. There is also a meditation room located in the base hospital for those who wish to practice mindfulness or meditation.
In addition, there are several outdoor spaces on the base that can be used for prayer and reflection, including a memorial garden and a peace garden.
Overall, both Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox recognize the importance of providing spaces for people to practice their faith and offer convenient and accessible areas for prayer and worship.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox offer a range of WiFi and workspace facilities for the convenience of travelers and personnel.
WiFi is available throughout the airport and military base, providing high-speed internet access to all users. Passengers can easily connect to the airport’s free WiFi network by selecting “YQQ-Free-WiFi” from their device’s list of available networks. Similarly, military personnel and visitors can access the base’s WiFi network by logging in with their credentials.
In addition to WiFi, the airport and military base offer various workspace facilities to accommodate the needs of travelers and personnel. The airport provides a business center with computers, printers, and fax machines for those who need to work while waiting for their flight. The center also offers comfortable seating and ample lighting, making it an ideal space for business travelers.
For military personnel, CFB Comox offers a range of workspace facilities, including offices, conference rooms, and training rooms. These spaces are equipped with the latest technology and can be reserved in advance for meetings or training sessions.
Overall, Comox Valley Airport and CFB Comox provide excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers and personnel can stay connected and productive while on the go.
- The Flight Deck Lounge is located in the main terminal at Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox and offers a comfortable atmosphere with a variety of seating options.
- The Pilot’s Lounge is located in the departures lounge and provides a quiet, relaxed atmosphere with complimentary light snacks and beverages.
- The Officers’ Lounge is located in the arrivals lounge and offers a full bar and a wide selection of food and drinks.
- The Lounge at the Tower is located in the control tower and provides a great view of the airfield, as well as a full bar and a variety of food and drinks.
Accomodation Options Nearby Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
1. Comox Valley Inn & Suites: Located just minutes from the Comox Valley Airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
2. Best Western Plus The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the Comox Valley Airport and offers a variety of amenities including an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
3. Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community: Located just a few minutes from the Comox Valley Airport, this resort offers a variety of amenities including an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service spa, and a variety of dining options.
4. Old House Village Hotel & Spa: Located just a few minutes from the Comox Valley Airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including a full-service spa, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
5. Comfort Inn & Suites: Located just minutes from the Comox Valley Airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
1. Mount Washington Alpine Resort: Located just 30 minutes from Comox Valley Airport, Mount Washington is a popular ski resort with over 1,700 acres of skiable terrain.
2. Goose Spit Park: This beautiful park is located on the eastern side of Comox Harbour and offers stunning views of the ocean and mountains. It’s a great spot for hiking, picnicking, and beachcombing.
3. Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park: This historic park is home to the Filberg Festival, a popular arts and crafts event held every summer. The park features beautiful gardens, a heritage lodge, and a variety of cultural events throughout the year.
4. Comox Valley Farmers’ Market: Held every Saturday from 9am-1pm, the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market is a great place to pick up fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal crafts.
5. Courtenay and District Museum: This museum showcases the history of the Comox Valley and features exhibits on local First Nations culture, logging, and mining.
6. Comox Valley Art Gallery: This contemporary art gallery features rotating exhibits by local and regional artists.
7. Comox Valley Kayaks and Canoes: Located on the shores of Comox Harbour, this outfitter offers rentals and guided tours of the area’s waterways.
8. Comox Valley Wildlife Management Area: This 2,000-acre wetland is home to a variety of bird species and is a popular spot for birdwatching and nature walks.
9. Miracle Beach Provincial Park: This beautiful park features a sandy beach, hiking trails, and campsites. It’s a great spot for swimming, picnicking, and wildlife viewing.
10. Comox Air Force Museum: Located on the grounds of CFB Comox, this museum showcases the history of the Royal Canadian Air Force and features exhibits on aircraft, uniforms, and memorabilia.
History of Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
Comox Valley Airport, also known as CFB Comox, is a Canadian Forces Base located in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The airport was originally built in 1942 as a Royal Canadian Air Force base during World War II. After the war, the base was used for training and as a home for various squadrons. In 1968, the base was transferred to the Canadian Armed Forces and became known as CFB Comox.
Over the years, CFB Comox has played an important role in Canada’s military history. During the Cold War, the base was used as a key location for NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) and was responsible for monitoring the airspace over the Pacific Ocean. The base has also been involved in various international missions, including peacekeeping efforts in Bosnia and Afghanistan.
In addition to its military operations, Comox Valley Airport is also an important civilian airport for the region. The airport serves as a hub for various airlines, including Air Canada and WestJet, and provides connections to destinations across Canada and the United States. With its rich history and strategic location, Comox Valley Airport continues to play an important role in both military and civilian aviation.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport