Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is the largest airport in Denmark and serves as the main hub for Scandinavian Airlines. Located just eight kilometers south of Copenhagen, the airport offers a wide range of domestic and international flights to destinations all over the world. With state-of-the-art facilities and excellent customer service, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is a top choice for travelers visiting Denmark.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Other Airports in Capital Region, Denmark
How to Get to Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is located just 8 kilometers south of Copenhagen city center, making it easily accessible by various modes of transportation. The most convenient way to get to the airport is by taking the metro, which runs 24/7 and takes approximately 15 minutes from the city center. The metro station is located at Terminal 3, making it easy to access the airport terminals.
Another option is to take a taxi or an Uber, which can be found throughout the city and will take approximately 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. It is important to note that taxis in Copenhagen are quite expensive, so it is recommended to check the fare before getting in.
For those who prefer public transportation, there are also several bus routes that connect the airport to various parts of the city. The bus stops are located outside Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, and tickets can be purchased at the airport or on the bus.
Finally, for those who prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking. It is recommended to book parking in advance to ensure availability and to save money.
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is the largest airport in Denmark and serves as a hub for Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle. It is located just 8 kilometers south of Copenhagen city center and offers a variety of transportation options for travelers.
1. Metro: The Copenhagen Metro is the easiest and most convenient way to get to and from the airport. The M2 line runs from the airport to the city center in just 15 minutes, with trains departing every 4-6 minutes during peak hours and every 10 minutes during off-peak hours.
2. Train: The train is another option for getting to and from the airport. The train station is located in Terminal 3 and offers direct connections to Copenhagen Central Station and other destinations in Denmark and Sweden.
3. Bus: There are several bus routes that serve the airport, including the 5A, 35, and 36. These buses connect the airport to various parts of Copenhagen and the surrounding areas.
4. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can be found outside of Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. Taxis in Denmark are metered and fares are regulated by the government.
5. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt. Rental cars can be picked up and dropped off at the airport, making it a convenient option for travelers who want to explore Denmark on their own.
Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you prefer public transportation or renting a car, getting to and from the airport is easy and hassle-free.
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and where they are located:
1. P1 – Directly in front of Terminal 3, P1 is the closest parking option to the airport. It is ideal for short-term parking and picking up or dropping off passengers.
2. P2 – Located just a short walk from Terminal 3, P2 is a covered parking garage that is ideal for short-term and long-term parking.
3. P3 – Located a bit further from the terminal, P3 is an outdoor parking lot that is ideal for long-term parking. A free shuttle bus runs between P3 and the terminal every 10 minutes.
4. P4 – Located just a short walk from Terminal 2, P4 is a covered parking garage that is ideal for short-term and long-term parking.
5. P5 – Located a bit further from the terminal, P5 is an outdoor parking lot that is ideal for long-term parking. A free shuttle bus runs between P5 and the terminal every 10 minutes.
6. P6 – Located just a short walk from Terminal 3, P6 is a covered parking garage that is ideal for short-term and long-term parking. It also offers electric vehicle charging stations.
7. P7 – Located just a short walk from Terminal 3, P7 is a covered parking garage that is ideal for short-term and long-term parking. It also offers electric vehicle charging stations.
No matter which car parking option you choose, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers safe and secure parking facilities for all travelers.
Car Rental at Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is the largest airport in Denmark and serves as a hub for Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle. The airport has three terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3.
Terminal 1 is primarily used for domestic flights and is the smallest of the three terminals. It has a limited number of shops and restaurants, but passengers can still find basic amenities such as ATMs, currency exchange, and baggage storage.
Terminal 2 is the main terminal for international flights and is the largest of the three. It has a wide range of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as lounges for business and first-class passengers. Terminal 2 also has a duty-free shopping area, where passengers can purchase tax-free goods before boarding their flights.
Terminal 3 is used for low-cost carriers such as Ryanair and EasyJet. It has a smaller selection of shops and restaurants compared to Terminal 2, but still offers basic amenities such as ATMs and baggage storage.
All three terminals are connected by a pedestrian walkway, making it easy for passengers to navigate between them. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout all terminals, as well as charging stations for electronic devices. Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport provides a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
1. Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
2. Norwegian Air Shuttle
6. British Airways
7. Air France
8. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
9. Turkish Airlines
11. Qatar Airways
14. Air Baltic
15. Wizz Air
17. Czech Airlines
18. LOT Polish Airlines
19. Swiss International Air Lines
20. Air Canada
21. Delta Air Lines
22. United Airlines
23. Air China
24. China Eastern Airlines
25. Singapore Airlines
26. Thai Airways
27. Etihad Airways
28. Qatar Airways
30. Cathay Pacific Airways.
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is one of the busiest airports in Scandinavia, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
The airport’s security measures include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners to screen passengers and their luggage. Additionally, security personnel are stationed throughout the airport to monitor and respond to any potential threats.
Passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes removing shoes, belts, and jackets, as well as placing all liquids and electronics in a separate bin for screening. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are confiscated and the passenger may face legal consequences.
The airport also has a dedicated security team that works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all travelers passing through the airport.
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include assistance for passengers with reduced mobility, families with children, and those who require special assistance.
Passengers with reduced mobility can request assistance at the airport, including wheelchair assistance, assistance with boarding and disembarking, and assistance with baggage. The airport also has special parking spaces for disabled passengers, as well as accessible toilets and elevators.
Families with children can take advantage of the airport’s family-friendly facilities, including play areas, baby changing facilities, and family restrooms. The airport also offers strollers for rent, as well as a range of child-friendly dining options.
For passengers who require special assistance, such as those with medical conditions or disabilities, the airport offers a range of services, including medical assistance, oxygen supply, and assistance with medication. The airport also has a quiet room for passengers who require a calm and peaceful environment.
Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Whether you require assistance with mobility, have young children, or require special assistance, the airport’s dedicated staff are on hand to help.
Shops and Restaurants
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Duty-Free: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, and tobacco.
2. Georg Jensen: This shop offers a range of high-end jewelry, watches, and home decor items.
3. Lego Store: This shop is perfect for families traveling with children, offering a range of Lego sets and merchandise.
4. Flying Tiger Copenhagen: This shop offers a range of affordable and quirky items, including stationery, toys, and home decor.
5. Hugo Boss: This shop offers a range of high-end men’s and women’s clothing and accessories.
1. Joe & The Juice: This popular chain offers a range of fresh juices, smoothies, and sandwiches.
2. McDonald’s: This fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and other classic fast-food items.
3. Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
4. Caviar House & Prunier: This restaurant offers a range of seafood dishes, including caviar, smoked salmon, and oysters.
5. Yo! Sushi: This restaurant offers a range of sushi dishes, as well as other Japanese-inspired dishes.
Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers, whether they are looking for high-end luxury items or affordable fast food.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Terminal 2, Level 2, near Gate C26
This prayer room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection. It is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Prayer Room – Terminal 3, Level 2, near Gate A5
This prayer room is specifically designed for Christian worship and features a cross, a Bible, and a kneeler. It is open to all passengers who wish to pray.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Terminal 3, Level 2, near Gate A5
This prayer room is exclusively for Muslim worship and is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and ablution facilities. It is open to all Muslim passengers.
4. Quiet Room – Terminal 2, Level 2, near Gate C26
This room is not a prayer room but a quiet space for passengers who wish to meditate or relax. It is equipped with comfortable seating and soft lighting.
All of these facilities are free to use and open 24/7. They are located in convenient areas of the airport, making them easily accessible to all passengers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and offers fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of quiet areas with comfortable seating and power outlets, where passengers can work or relax in peace. There are also several business lounges located throughout the terminal, which offer a range of amenities including WiFi, refreshments, and printing facilities.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conference while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for hire. These rooms are equipped with the latest technology and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or hold a meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport offers a number of lounges for travelers looking for a comfortable and relaxing experience. Here is a list of lounges available at the airport:
- Executive Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- Air France/KLM Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- SAS Domestic Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- SAS International Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- Primera Air Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- Copenhagen Airport Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- British Airways Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- EasyJet Lounge: Level 2, Terminal 3
- Lounge 32: Level 3, Terminal 2
- OAG Lounge: Level 3, Terminal 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, located just 8 kilometers from the city center, offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a quick nap, a budget-friendly stay, or luxurious indulgence, the airport has something for everyone. Here is a comprehensive list of accommodation choices at Copenhagen Kastrup Airport:
1. Rest & Fly: Specifically designed to cater to transit passengers, Rest & Fly offers comfortable, fully equipped sleep pods. These compact pods provide a convenient place to rest, with features like a comfortable bed, privacy blinds, power sockets, and Wi-Fi access. Ideal for those seeking a short and budget-friendly stay.
2. Cabinn Metro Hotel: Situated just 150 meters from the airport terminal, Cabinn Metro Hotel is an affordable option offering modern amenities. Comfortable rooms, private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, and a full continental breakfast make it a popular choice among budget-conscious travelers.
3. Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport: Located adjacent to Terminal 3, this stylish and contemporary hotel is an excellent choice for travelers looking for convenience and comfort. With spacious rooms, fitness facilities, multiple dining options, and a rooftop pool with panoramic views, Clarion Hotel is an ideal mid-range option.
4. Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel: Offering luxury and convenience, the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel is directly connected to Terminal 3 via a covered walkway. This upscale hotel boasts a wide range of amenities, such as spacious soundproofed rooms with modern decor, fitness center, indoor pool, multiple restaurants, and 24-hour room service.
5. Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers: Just a short shuttle ride away from the airport, this eco-friendly hotel provides a tranquil retreat. With stylish and sustainable rooms, fitness center, sauna, and organic restaurant options, Crowne Plaza offers a touch of luxury in a green setting.
6. Clarion Hotel Malmö Live (Sweden): If you don’t mind crossing the bridge to Sweden, the Clarion Hotel Malmö Live is a great option. Situated just 35 minutes from the airport, this modern hotel boasts stunning views, contemporary rooms, multiple dining options, a rooftop pool, and a concert hall for entertainment.
These accommodation options at Copenhagen Kastrup Airport cater to a wide range of requirements and budgets, ensuring a comfortable stay for transit passengers and those looking to explore the vibrant city of Copenhagen.
1. The Blue Planet Aquarium: Located just a 5-minute drive from Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, The Blue Planet is the largest aquarium in Northern Europe. With its stunning architecture and diverse marine life, it offers a mesmerizing experience for visitors of all ages.
2. Amager Strandpark: This beautiful beach park is less than 10 minutes away from the airport by car. Spanning over 4 kilometers, it features sandy beaches, dunes, and vibrant promenades. Perfect for a leisurely stroll or a refreshing swim during the summer months.
3. Kastrup Søbad: Situated right next to the airport, Kastrup Søbad is a public sea bath that offers a unique swimming experience. With its wooden platforms and pristine waters, it’s an ideal spot to relax and enjoy the seaside atmosphere.
4. Den Blå Planet Park: Just a short walk from the airport, this park provides a tranquil green space in the midst of urban surroundings. It’s an excellent place to have a picnic, read a book, or simply escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
5. Tårnby Kirke: Located in the neighboring town of Tårnby, this beautiful church is worth a visit due to its impressive architecture and rich history. Dating back to the 12th century, it offers a glimpse into Denmark’s past.
6. Kastrupgaardsamlingen: A charming historic house turned museum, Kastrupgaardsamlingen is situated in the heart of Kastrup. With its collection of contemporary art and beautiful gardens, it provides a cultural experience just a stone’s throw away from the airport.
7. Kastrup Fort: For history enthusiasts, Kastrup Fort is a must-visit attraction. Built in the late 19th century to defend Copenhagen, it offers a glimpse into Denmark’s military past. The fort’s unique architecture and beautiful surroundings make for a fascinating visit.
8. Dragør Old Town: Approximately 15 minutes away from the airport, Dragør Old Town is a well-preserved fishing village. Its charming cobblestone streets, colorful houses, and picturesque harbor make it a perfect spot for a leisurely stroll and exploration of Danish heritage.
9. Flyvergrillen: Just a short distance from the airport, this iconic Danish food institution offers a classic open-air dining experience. Serving delicious hot dogs and hamburgers, it’s a popular spot for both airplane enthusiasts and locals alike.
10. Fields Shopping Center: Situated a mere 10-minute drive from the airport, Fields is one of Denmark’s largest shopping centers. With its wide range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, it’s a great place to indulge in some retail therapy or enjoy a meal before or after a flight.
History of Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, also known as Copenhagen Airport, is the largest airport in Denmark and one of the oldest in Europe. The airport was established in 1925 and was initially used for military purposes. In 1932, the airport was opened to civilian traffic, and it has since grown to become a major hub for international travel.
Over the years, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the increasing number of passengers. In 1960, a new terminal building was constructed, and in 1998, a second terminal was added to handle the growing number of passengers. In 2010, a new state-of-the-art terminal was opened, which has further enhanced the airport’s capacity and efficiency.
Today, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport serves as a major gateway to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, with over 30 million passengers passing through its gates each year. The airport is known for its modern facilities, excellent customer service, and commitment to sustainability. It has won numerous awards for its environmental initiatives, including being named the world’s most sustainable airport in 2019. With its rich history and continued growth, Copenhagen Kastrup Airport is a vital part of Denmark’s transportation infrastructure and a key player in the global aviation industry.
Other Airports in Capital Region, Denmark