Cornwall Regional Airport is a small airport located in the city of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region for both commercial and private flights. The airport offers a range of services and amenities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for its passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Cornwall Regional Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Cornwall Regional Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Cornwall Regional Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Cornwall Regional Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Cornwall Regional Airport
Cornwall Regional Airport is located in the town of Newquay, Cornwall, England. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, bus, and train.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the A30, which runs through Cornwall. Simply follow the signs to Newquay and then to the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport, including short-term and long-term options.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The First Kernow 56 bus runs from Truro to Newquay, with stops at the airport. The Western Greyhound 556 bus also runs from Plymouth to Newquay, with stops at the airport.
Finally, if you are coming from further afield, you can take the train to Newquay station, which is located just a few miles from the airport. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to the airport.
Overall, getting to Cornwall Regional Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available.
Cornwall Regional Airport is a small airport located in the town of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. While the airport is small, there are still several transportation options available to passengers.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. Passengers can easily hail a taxi to take them to their desired destination. The taxi fare will depend on the distance traveled.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination. This option is ideal for those who want to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport. Passengers can book a shuttle in advance and be picked up from the airport. This option is ideal for those who want a hassle-free transportation option.
4. Public transportation: The Cornwall Transit bus service operates from the airport. Passengers can take the bus to various destinations in the town of Cornwall. This option is ideal for those who want an affordable transportation option.
5. Private car service: Several private car services operate from the airport. Passengers can book a private car in advance and be picked up from the airport. This option is ideal for those who want a more luxurious transportation option.
Overall, there are several transportation options available to passengers at Cornwall Regional Airport. Passengers can choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Cornwall Regional Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for those who need to park for a short period of time. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and rates start at $2 per hour.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. Rates start at $10 per day, and discounts are available for longer stays.
3. Valet parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available at the terminal building entrance. Rates start at $15 per day.
4. Disabled parking: Designated parking spaces are available for disabled travelers in both the short-term and long-term parking areas.
All parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment can be made at the parking kiosks located in each parking area or at the airport terminal.
Car Rental at Cornwall Regional Airport
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Alamo Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
Cornwall Regional Airport is a small airport located in the town of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is located on the east side of the airport and is used for flights within Canada. The international terminal is located on the west side of the airport and is used for flights to and from other countries.
The domestic terminal at Cornwall Regional Airport is a small building with basic amenities. It has a waiting area, a check-in counter, and a small café. The terminal is clean and well-maintained, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Passengers can easily navigate the terminal and find their way to their gate.
The international terminal at Cornwall Regional Airport is a larger building with more amenities. It has a duty-free shop, a restaurant, and a lounge area for passengers. The terminal is modern and well-designed, with plenty of natural light and comfortable seating. Passengers can easily connect to Wi-Fi and stay connected while waiting for their flight. Overall, both terminals at Cornwall Regional Airport are efficient and well-run, providing a pleasant travel experience for passengers.
- Air Canada Express
- WestJet Encore
- Air Creebec
- Air Georgian
- Porter Airlines
Cornwall Regional Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes x-ray machines and metal detectors to screen for prohibited items such as weapons and explosives.
In addition to the standard security measures, Cornwall Regional Airport also employs a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. These personnel are responsible for identifying and responding to any potential security threats. They are also trained to handle emergency situations such as medical emergencies, fires, and natural disasters.
Cornwall Regional Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety and security of the airport and its passengers. This includes regular patrols of the airport and its surroundings, as well as the use of security cameras and other surveillance equipment. The airport also has a comprehensive emergency response plan in place, which is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that it remains effective in the event of an emergency. Overall, Cornwall Regional Airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Cornwall Regional Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance and answer any questions that passengers may have.
For passengers with mobility issues, Cornwall Regional Airport provides wheelchair assistance and has accessible facilities throughout the terminal. Additionally, the airport offers a special assistance line that passengers can call ahead of their arrival to request any necessary accommodations.
Passengers traveling with young children can take advantage of the airport’s family-friendly amenities, including a children’s play area and baby changing facilities. The airport also has a variety of dining and shopping options, making it easy for passengers to grab a bite to eat or pick up any last-minute travel essentials.
Overall, Cornwall Regional Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers. Whether you need help navigating the terminal or require special accommodations, the airport’s staff are dedicated to ensuring that your journey is a pleasant one.
Shops and Restaurants
Cornwall Regional Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
– The Cornwall Regional Airport Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, snacks, and other travel essentials.
– The Cornwall Regional Airport Duty Free Shop: Offers a wide selection of duty-free items including liquor, tobacco, perfume, cosmetics, and more.
– The Cornwall Regional Airport Cafe: Offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, salads, and other light snacks.
– The Cornwall Regional Airport Bar & Grill: Offers a selection of beers, wines, and spirits, as well as a full menu of pub-style food.
– The Cornwall Regional Airport Restaurant: Offers a full menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, as well as a selection of desserts.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Cornwall Regional Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This chapel is dedicated to the Christian faith and offers a quiet space for worship and prayer.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is designated for Muslim passengers and provides a space for prayer and ablution.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is designated for Jewish passengers and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Cornwall Regional Airport are open 24/7 and are free to use. They are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all passengers and visitors.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Cornwall Regional Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Here are some of the key features:
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stay in touch with friends and family.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work or study while they wait for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable and convenient workspaces. These include seating areas with tables and power outlets, as well as private workstations with desks and chairs. The workspaces are designed to be quiet and distraction-free, making them ideal for getting work done.
Charging stations: To ensure that passengers can keep their devices charged and ready to go, the airport provides a range of charging stations throughout the terminal building. These include USB charging ports, as well as traditional power outlets.
Printing and scanning: For passengers who need to print or scan documents, the airport provides a self-service printing and scanning station. This allows passengers to quickly and easily print boarding passes, tickets, and other important documents.
Overall, Cornwall Regional Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay in touch with the world, the airport has everything you need to stay connected.
- The British Airways Lounge at Cornwall Regional Airport is located in the main lobby of the airport, near the entrance to the departure hall.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is also located in the main lobby of the airport, opposite the British Airways Lounge.
- The Executive Lounge is located on the upper level of the airport, near the entrance to the departure hall.
- The Air France Lounge is located on the upper level of the airport, near the entrance to the departure hall.
Accomodation Options Nearby Cornwall Regional Airport
1. The Cornwall Regional Airport Hotel: Located just minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities such as a restaurant, bar, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
2. The Cornwall Inn & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
3. The Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
4. The Comfort Inn Cornwall: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
5. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cornwall: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
6. The Ramada Cornwall: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
1. The Cornwall Community Museum: This museum showcases the history of Cornwall and the surrounding area, including exhibits on the region’s First Nations peoples, early settlers, and industrial development.
2. The Cornwall Civic Complex: This multi-purpose facility hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and trade shows. It also features an ice rink, swimming pool, and fitness center.
3. The Cornwall Square Shopping Centre: This indoor mall features over 70 stores, including major retailers like The Bay, Sears, and Sport Chek, as well as a food court and movie theatre.
4. The Cornwall Waterfront Trail: This scenic trail runs along the St. Lawrence River, offering stunning views of the water and the surrounding landscape. It’s a popular spot for walking, cycling, and picnicking.
5. The Cornwall Golf and Country Club: This 18-hole golf course is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a challenging and scenic round of golf.
6. The Upper Canada Bird Sanctuary: This nature reserve is home to over 200 species of birds, making it a popular spot for birdwatching and nature photography.
7. The Cornwall Motor Speedway: This dirt track hosts weekly races throughout the summer months, featuring a variety of classes of race cars.
8. The St. Lawrence Power Development Visitor Centre: This interactive museum explores the history and technology behind the St. Lawrence Seaway and Power Project, which transformed the region’s economy and landscape.
History of Cornwall Regional Airport
Cornwall Regional Airport is a small airport located in the city of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1940 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and began serving the local community.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 1962, a new terminal building was constructed, which included a restaurant, gift shop, and lounge area. In 1988, a new runway was built to accommodate larger aircraft, and in 2008, the airport underwent a major renovation to modernize its facilities and improve its safety features.
Today, Cornwall Regional Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing commercial and private air services to local residents and businesses. The airport is home to several aviation companies, including flight schools, charter services, and maintenance facilities. It also hosts several events throughout the year, including air shows and aviation festivals, which attract visitors from across the country. Overall, Cornwall Regional Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in the local community.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport