Dalaman International Airport is a modern airport located in the southwest of Turkey. It serves as a gateway to popular tourist destinations such as Marmaris, Fethiye, and Bodrum. The airport offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Dalaman International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Dalaman International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Dalaman International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Dalaman International Airport
- Other Airports in Mugla Province, Turkey
How to Get to Dalaman International Airport
Dalaman International Airport is located in the southwest of Turkey, approximately 6 km south of Dalaman town. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private transfer.
If you are traveling from Dalaman town, the easiest and most convenient way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available and can be hailed from the street or booked in advance. The journey takes around 10 minutes and costs approximately 30-40 Turkish Lira.
Alternatively, you can take a bus from Dalaman town to the airport. The bus service runs regularly throughout the day and is a cheaper option than a taxi. The journey takes around 15-20 minutes and costs approximately 10-15 Turkish Lira.
If you are traveling from other parts of Turkey, you can take a private transfer to the airport. Many tour operators and hotels offer this service, which can be booked in advance. Private transfers are more expensive than taxis or buses, but they offer a more comfortable and convenient way to travel.
In summary, there are several ways to get to Dalaman International Airport, including by taxi, bus, or private transfer. Taxis are the easiest and most convenient option, while buses are a cheaper alternative. Private transfers offer a more comfortable and convenient way to travel, but are more expensive.
Dalaman International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Turkey, serving millions of passengers every year. If you’re planning to travel to or from this airport, you’ll be pleased to know that there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal, and they offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fare is metered, and you can expect to pay around 100-150 Turkish Lira (TRY) for a ride to the nearby towns.
2. Shuttle Bus: Shuttle buses are a cost-effective way to travel from the airport to your hotel or other destination. Several companies operate shuttle services from the airport, and you can book your seat in advance or on arrival. The fare is typically around 25-30 TRY per person.
3. Car Rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the many car rental companies located at the airport. This option gives you the freedom to explore the region at your own pace, and you can choose from a range of vehicles to suit your needs and budget.
4. Public Transport: If you’re on a tight budget, you can take the public bus from the airport to the nearby towns. The bus stop is located outside the terminal, and the fare is around 10-15 TRY per person.
5. Private Transfer: If you want a more personalized service, you can book a private transfer from the airport to your destination. This option is more expensive than the other options, but it offers a hassle-free and comfortable way to travel.
In conclusion, Dalaman International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit every budget and preference. Whether you’re looking for a quick and convenient taxi ride or a cost-effective shuttle bus, you’ll find the perfect option to meet your needs.
Dalaman International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers. Here are the details of each parking area and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking area is located right in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period. The parking rates are charged hourly, and the maximum daily rate is affordable.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building, but it is still within walking distance. It is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period, and the rates are charged daily, making it a cost-effective option.
3. Valet Parking: This parking option is perfect for those who want to save time and avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot. The valet parking service is available at the terminal entrance, and the staff will park your car for you. The rates are charged hourly, and the maximum daily rate is reasonable.
4. Disabled Parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building, and it is reserved for passengers with disabilities. The parking spots are wider, and there are wheelchair ramps for easy access. The rates are the same as the short-term parking rates.
5. VIP Parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building, and it is reserved for VIP passengers. The parking spots are wider, and there is a dedicated entrance for VIPs. The rates are charged hourly, and the maximum daily rate is higher than the other parking options.
Overall, Dalaman International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all passengers. Whether you need to park for a short or long period, there is a parking area that will meet your requirements.
Car Rental at Dalaman International Airport
- National Car Rental
Dalaman International Airport is located in the southwest of Turkey and serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destinations of Marmaris, Fethiye, and Bodrum. The airport has two terminals, the Domestic Terminal and the International Terminal, which are both modern and well-equipped to handle the increasing number of passengers.
The Domestic Terminal is used for flights within Turkey and has a capacity of 5 million passengers per year. It has a range of facilities including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and ATMs. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who require extra comfort and privacy.
The International Terminal is used for flights to and from other countries and has a capacity of 10 million passengers per year. It has a wide range of facilities including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and a prayer room. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who require extra comfort and privacy. The airport also offers a range of services such as car rental, currency exchange, and baggage storage.
Overall, Dalaman International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. With its two terminals, the airport is capable of handling a large number of passengers and offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
1. Turkish Airlines
2. Pegasus Airlines
5. TUI Airways
6. Thomas Cook Airlines
11. Qatar Airways
13. Ukraine International Airlines
16. Nordwind Airlines
18. S7 Airlines
19. Ural Airlines
20. Air Moldova
21. Azerbaijan Airlines
22. Mahan Air
23. Iran Air
24. Iraqi Airways
26. Nile Air
27. Air Arabia
28. Jazeera Airways
29. Kuwait Airways
30. Royal Jordanian.
Dalaman International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Turkey, serving millions of passengers every year. As a result, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport’s security measures are in line with international standards and are regularly reviewed and updated to keep up with the latest security threats.
The security protocols at Dalaman International Airport include a range of measures such as baggage screening, passenger screening, and access control. All baggage is screened using state-of-the-art X-ray machines to detect any prohibited items. Passengers are also screened using metal detectors and body scanners to ensure that they are not carrying any weapons or other dangerous items. In addition, access to restricted areas of the airport is strictly controlled, and only authorized personnel are allowed to enter.
The airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. They work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that the airport remains safe and secure at all times. Overall, the security protocols at Dalaman International Airport are designed to provide passengers with a safe and secure travel experience, and the airport is committed to maintaining the highest standards of security to ensure the safety of all those who use it.
Dalaman International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s dedicated team of customer service representatives are available 24/7 to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport facilities, as well as assist with lost or damaged luggage.
For passengers with reduced mobility or special needs, Dalaman International Airport offers a range of services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, priority boarding, and dedicated parking spaces. The airport also has specially designed restrooms and elevators to accommodate passengers with disabilities.
In addition to these services, Dalaman International Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of restaurants and cafes, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. Passengers can also relax in one of the airport’s lounges, which offer comfortable seating, refreshments, and business facilities. Overall, Dalaman International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Dalaman International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport located in the southwest of Turkey. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the shops and restaurants available at Dalaman International Airport:
1. Duty-Free: The airport’s duty-free shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, tobacco, and alcohol.
2. Souvenir Shops: There are several souvenir shops at the airport where you can buy traditional Turkish handicrafts, ceramics, and textiles.
3. Fashion and Accessories: The airport has a variety of fashion and accessory shops, including brands such as Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger, and Hugo Boss.
4. Convenience Stores: There are several convenience stores at the airport where you can buy snacks, drinks, and other travel essentials.
1. Starbucks: The airport has a Starbucks coffee shop where you can enjoy a range of hot and cold beverages, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
2. Burger King: Burger King is a popular fast-food chain that serves burgers, fries, and other fast food items.
3. Caffe Nero: Caffe Nero is a coffee shop that serves a range of hot and cold beverages, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
4. Subway: Subway is a sandwich chain that offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and other fast food items.
5. Turkish Cuisine: The airport has several restaurants that serve traditional Turkish cuisine, including kebabs, meze, and baklava.
In conclusion, Dalaman International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a full meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste at the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Dalaman International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. These facilities are located in various areas of the airport, making them easily accessible to all passengers. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Dalaman International Airport:
1. Mosque: The airport has a mosque located on the ground floor of the terminal building. The mosque is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate up to 500 worshippers at a time.
2. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The airport also has a multi-faith prayer room located on the first floor of the terminal building. This room is open 24 hours a day and can be used by passengers of all faiths.
3. Catholic Chapel: The airport has a Catholic chapel located on the first floor of the terminal building. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate up to 20 worshippers at a time.
4. Orthodox Chapel: The airport also has an Orthodox chapel located on the first floor of the terminal building. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate up to 20 worshippers at a time.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with prayer mats, copies of the Quran, and other religious texts. They are also kept clean and well-maintained to ensure a peaceful and comfortable environment for worshippers. Passengers are welcome to use these facilities at any time during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Dalaman International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable and well-equipped workspaces. These include a business lounge, which provides a quiet and professional environment for working, as well as a number of cafes and restaurants that offer free WiFi and ample seating.
Charging Stations: The airport also provides a number of charging stations throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to charge their devices and stay connected while on the go.
Overall, Dalaman International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities that are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected during your travels.
Dalaman International Airport offers a range of lounges to provide travelers with a comfortable and luxurious experience. Here is a list of the airport lounges and their locations:
- Primera Lounge: Located in the Airport’s Departure Area
- Tav Pass Lounge: Located in the Airport’s Domestic Departures Area
- Deluxe Lounge: Located in the Airport’s International Departures Area
- Business Lounge: Located in the Airport’s International Departures Area
- CIP Lounge: Located in the Airport’s International Departures Area
Accomodation Options Nearby Dalaman International Airport
At Dalaman International Airport, you’ll find a range of accommodation options catering to all budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a convenient budget-friendly stay or seeking a luxurious indulgence, the airport has got you covered. Here are the accommodation choices available:
1. On-site Airport Hotel: For utmost convenience, Dalaman Airport features an on-site hotel, the Yeni Havalimanı Hotel. This option allows you to stay merely steps away from the terminals, reducing travel time and ensuring a stress-free experience.
2. Budget Hotels: Located within close proximity to the airport, several budget-friendly hotels offer comfortable stays at affordable prices. These options typically include a variety of amenities such as free Wi-Fi, shuttle services, and 24-hour reception to cater to all your needs while keeping costs low.
3. Boutique Hotels: For those seeking a more unique and personalized experience, boutique hotels near the airport provide stylish and intimate accommodation options. Here, you can expect exceptional service, tastefully decorated rooms, and often, on-site restaurants or lounges.
4. All-Inclusive Resorts: If you wish to indulge and unwind in a luxurious setting, there are several all-inclusive resorts around the airport offering unmatched amenities and services. These resorts often boast beautiful beachfront locations, expansive pools, a variety of dining options, spa facilities, and activities for all ages.
5. Vacation Rentals: For travelers looking for a homely stay, vacation rentals or private villas provide a great alternative. These options offer more privacy, space, and the freedom to create your own schedule. Many vacation rentals often come equipped with kitchens, allowing you to prepare meals to your liking.
6. High-End Hotels: Luxury hotels close to the airport provide opulent accommodations and exceptional services. These establishments often feature lavish rooms and suites with breathtaking views, world-class restaurants, spa facilities, and top-notch amenities to cater to the most discerning guests.
7. Business Hotels: Ideal for business travelers, several hotels in the area offer specialized services and facilities to cater to their unique needs. These hotels often include business centers, meeting rooms, high-speed internet access, and convenient locations for quick access to the airport and nearby business districts.
No matter your budget or preference, Dalaman International Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay during your visit. Whether you choose to stay near the airport or venture further, you’ll find the perfect place to rest and recharge before or after your journey.
1. Dalyan: Situated about 30 kilometers from Dalaman International Airport, Dalyan is famous for its stunning natural landscape. The area is home to the mesmerizing Turtle Beach, ancient Lycian rock tombs, and therapeutic mud baths, making it a must-visit attraction for nature lovers and history enthusiasts.
2. Iztuzu Beach: Located near Dalyan, Iztuzu Beach is a paradise for sunbathers and wildlife enthusiasts. This picturesque sandy beach is a protected area, serving as a nesting site for loggerhead turtles. Visitors can relax on the pristine shores while enjoying the company of these fascinating creatures.
3. Fethiye: About 45 kilometers from the airport, Fethiye is a buzzing coastal town with an impressive marina, bustling bazaars, and historical landmarks such as the Lycian rock tombs and the ancient city of Telmessos. The town also serves as a gateway to Ölüdeniz, known for its turquoise lagoon and paragliding.
4. Ölüdeniz: Situated a short drive from Fethiye, Ölüdeniz is a famous resort town renowned for its iconic Blue Lagoon. The crystal-clear waters and the surrounding pine-clad mountains create a postcard-worthy scene. Adventure seekers can also indulge in paragliding, offering breathtaking views of the coastline.
5. Patara: Approximately 80 kilometers from Dalaman, Patara boasts a mesmerizing 18-kilometer-long sandy beach, making it the longest beach in the Mediterranean region. Visitors can explore the fascinating ruins of ancient Patara, including theaters, a Roman triumphal arch, and a well-preserved amphitheater.
6. Gocek: A popular yachting destination, Gocek is a picturesque town with a charming harbor and a laid-back atmosphere. Surrounded by lush green hills, this tranquil town offers a range of boat trips and cruises, allowing visitors to explore the stunning bays and islands of the Turkish Riviera.
7. Saklıkent Gorge: Situated about 100 kilometers from the airport, Saklıkent Gorge is a natural wonder that shouldn’t be missed. This awe-inspiring canyon, carved by the powerful Akçay River, offers thrilling hiking and canyoning experiences. The icy cold waters and striking cliffs provide a thrilling adventure for outdoor enthusiasts.
8. Kaunos: Close to Dalyan, the ancient city of Kaunos offers a glimpse into Turkey’s rich history. Visitors can explore the remains of an amphitheater, Roman baths, churches, and the unique rock-cut tombs overlooking the Dalyan River. A boat trip along the river provides a scenic journey to this fascinating archaeological site.
9. Marmaris: Located approximately 95 kilometers from the airport, Marmaris is a lively resort town famous for its vibrant nightlife, trendy marina, and beautiful beaches. Visitors can enjoy water sports, boat trips to nearby islands, and explore the historic Marmaris Castle.
10. Cleopatra Island: Situated off the coast of Marmaris, Cleopatra Island (Sedir Island) is steeped in history and legend. According to mythology, Cleopatra and Mark Antony visited the island and Cleopatra ordered the shipment of sand from Egypt to create the island’s unique sandy beach. Today, visitors can marvel at the ancient ruins and swim in the crystal-clear waters.
History of Dalaman International Airport
Dalaman International Airport is located in the southwestern part of Turkey, in the province of Muğla. The airport was first opened in 1981, and since then, it has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. The airport is named after the town of Dalaman, which is located nearby.
In the early years, the airport served mainly domestic flights, but in the 1990s, it started to receive international flights. Today, Dalaman International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Turkey, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights, and it offers a wide range of services and facilities to passengers, including restaurants, shops, and car rental services.
Over the years, Dalaman International Airport has played an important role in the development of tourism in the region. The airport is located close to several popular tourist destinations, such as Marmaris, Fethiye, and Ölüdeniz, and it has helped to bring millions of tourists to the area. The airport has also contributed to the local economy by providing employment opportunities and supporting local businesses. Overall, Dalaman International Airport has a rich history and continues to play a vital role in the transportation and tourism industries in Turkey.
Other Airports in Mugla Province, Turkey