Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Brazil, located in the city of Salvador. It serves as a major gateway to the state of Bahia, offering domestic and international flights to various destinations around the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
- Other Airports in Bahia, Brazil
How to Get to Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is located in Salvador, Brazil. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, you can easily hail one on the street or use a ride-hailing app like Uber or 99. The ride from the city center to the airport takes about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus lines that serve the airport. The most convenient option is the Aeroporto-Praça da Sé line, which runs every 30 minutes and takes about 45 minutes to reach the airport.
If you are driving to the airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport is located on the BA-099 highway, which connects Salvador to the north coast of Bahia.
Overall, getting to Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly. The taxi fare is metered, and the cost will depend on the distance traveled.
2. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city by bus. The bus stop is located outside the terminal, and travelers can take a bus to various parts of the city. The fare is affordable, and the buses are comfortable and air-conditioned.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their counters at the airport, and travelers can rent a car to explore the city on their own. The rates vary depending on the type of car and the duration of the rental.
4. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available for travelers who want a more comfortable and personalized experience. These services can be booked in advance, and the driver will meet the traveler at the airport and take them to their destination.
5. Shuttle service: Shuttle services are available for travelers who want to share a ride with other passengers. These services are affordable and can be booked in advance.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. Travelers can choose the option that best suits their requirements and enjoy a hassle-free journey to their destination.
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers a variety of parking options for travelers.
The airport has two parking lots: P1 and P2. P1 is located in front of the terminal building and offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces. P2 is located a short distance from the terminal and offers uncovered parking spaces.
P1 has a total of 1,200 parking spaces, with 600 covered spaces and 600 uncovered spaces. The covered spaces are located on the first floor of the parking lot, while the uncovered spaces are located on the second and third floors. P1 also has reserved parking spaces for people with disabilities and pregnant women.
P2 has a total of 1,000 uncovered parking spaces and is located a short distance from the terminal building. It is a more affordable option for travelers who do not mind walking a bit further to reach the terminal.
Both parking lots offer 24-hour security and are well-lit for the safety of travelers and their vehicles. Payment for parking can be made at the automated payment machines located in the parking lots or at the airport’s information desk.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport offers convenient and secure parking options for travelers, with a range of prices to suit different budgets.
Car Rental at Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is located in Salvador, Brazil and is the largest airport in the state of Bahia. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a walkway. Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is used for international flights.
Terminal 1 has a total of 20 gates and is equipped with modern facilities such as restaurants, cafes, and duty-free shops. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who require additional amenities. Terminal 2, on the other hand, has 14 gates and is designed to handle a larger volume of passengers. It has a spacious check-in area, immigration counters, and baggage claim area.
Both terminals are equipped with modern technology and facilities to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers. The airport also offers a range of services such as currency exchange, ATMs, and car rental services. Additionally, the airport has a parking area that can accommodate up to 2,500 vehicles.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a convenient gateway to Salvador and the surrounding areas. Its two terminals offer a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers.
1. Azul Brazilian Airlines
2. Gol Transportes Aéreos
3. LATAM Brasil
4. TAP Air Portugal
5. Copa Airlines
6. American Airlines
7. Air Europa
8. Aerolíneas Argentinas
9. Avianca Brasil
10. Delta Air Lines
11. Ethiopian Airlines
12. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
14. Qatar Airways
15. Turkish Airlines.
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes surveillance cameras, metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are followed. The security team is equipped with the latest technology and equipment to detect any potential threats. They are also trained to handle emergency situations and respond quickly to any security breaches.
In addition to the security measures implemented by the airport, passengers are also required to follow certain rules and regulations. For example, passengers are not allowed to carry any sharp objects, firearms, or explosives in their carry-on or checked luggage. They are also required to remove their shoes and belts during the security screening process.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
The airport’s assistance services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities. The airport also provides a dedicated lounge area for passengers with disabilities, equipped with comfortable seating and accessible restrooms. Additionally, the airport offers a range of services for families with young children, including baby changing facilities and stroller rental services.
Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s VIP lounge, which offers a range of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages, free Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating. The airport’s assistance services are available 24/7, ensuring that passengers can receive assistance whenever they need it.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. Whether you are traveling with young children, have a disability, or simply need some extra assistance, the airport’s assistance services are there to help.
Shops and Restaurants
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy during their time at the airport.
For those looking to grab a quick bite, there are several fast food options available, including McDonald’s, Subway, and Bob’s Burgers. For a more substantial meal, travelers can visit the airport’s full-service restaurants, such as Casa do Pão de Queijo and Spoleto.
In addition to dining options, the airport also features a variety of shops for travelers to peruse. Duty-free shops offer a range of products, including liquor, tobacco, and luxury goods. There are also several souvenir shops, where travelers can purchase gifts and mementos to take home with them.
For those in need of last-minute travel essentials, there are several convenience stores located throughout the airport, including a 24-hour pharmacy and a newsstand.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport offers a diverse selection of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of all travelers passing through.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith during their travels.
The airport has two prayer rooms, one located in the domestic terminal and the other in the international terminal. The prayer rooms are open 24 hours a day and are available for passengers of all religions. They are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and seating areas.
In addition to the prayer rooms, the airport also has a chapel located in the international terminal. The chapel is open from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and offers a quiet space for passengers to reflect and pray. It is decorated with religious symbols and has seating for up to 20 people.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport provides convenient and accessible spaces for passengers to practice their faith while traveling.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, located in Salvador, Brazil, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For those who need to work on the go, the airport offers a variety of workspace facilities, including business lounges and coworking spaces. The lounges are equipped with comfortable seating, charging stations, and high-speed internet, making them ideal for business travelers who need to catch up on work or hold meetings while waiting for their flights.
In addition, the airport also has a number of private workstations available for rent, which come equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets. These workstations provide a quiet and private space for passengers to work or study without any distractions.
Overall, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of all types of travelers. Whether you need to stay connected with your work or simply want to relax and browse the internet, the airport has got you covered.
The Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport (IATA: BPS) in Salvador, Brazil offers several lounges for travelers to relax and enjoy. The following list offers information about the lounges available and their respective locations.
- TAM Airlines VIP Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, Terminal 1.
- Salvador Airport Lounge: Located in the International Departures area, Terminal 2.
- Novo Air Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, Terminal 1.
- Gol Airlines Executive Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, Terminal 1.
- Azul Airlines VIP Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, Terminal 1.
Accomodation Options Nearby Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport, also known as Salvador Airport, offers travelers a range of accommodation options suitable for different budgets. Whether you seek a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious retreat, this airport has you covered. Here are the accommodation options available:
1. Airport Lounges: If you’re looking for a brief respite during your layover, several lounges at the airport offer a comfortable place to relax, work, or grab a snack. Most lounges provide amenities like Wi-Fi, charging stations, and complimentary beverages.
2. Transit Hotels: For travelers with extended layovers or those seeking a good night’s sleep during their journey, there are transit hotels adjacent to the airport. These hotels offer rooms for a few hours or overnight stays, providing convenience and comfort right next to the terminal.
3. Budget Hotels: Just a short distance away from the airport, you can find budget-friendly hotels that cater to travelers seeking affordable accommodation. These hotels often provide clean and comfortable rooms with basic amenities, including Wi-Fi and 24-hour front desk service.
4. Mid-Range Hotels: Several mid-range hotels are located within a reasonable distance from the airport. These hotels offer a balance between affordability and comfort, with well-equipped rooms, fitness facilities, on-site restaurants, and sometimes even swimming pools.
5. Luxury Hotels: For those seeking a refined travel experience, Salvador Airport provides access to luxurious hotels located in the city center or nearby lavish beachfront areas. These prestigious establishments offer spacious rooms or suites, top-notch services, fine dining options, spas, fitness centers, and often stunning views.
No matter your budget or travel needs, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport provides diverse accommodation options. From the convenience of airport lounges or transit hotels to budget-friendly and upscale hotels nearby, you can choose the perfect place to meet your preferences and make your stay as pleasant as possible.
1. Praia de Itapuã: Located just 5 miles from the airport, Praia de Itapuã is a beautiful beach known for its clear blue waters and soft white sands. Visitors can relax under the sun, take a refreshing swim, or enjoy water sports such as surfing and windsurfing.
2. Salvador Bahia Bus Station: Situated 3 miles from the airport, the Salvador Bahia Bus Station is a convenient transportation hub that connects visitors to various destinations within the region. From here, you can easily explore the vibrant city of Salvador and its surrounding attractions.
3. Museu de Arte Moderna da Bahia: Approximately 7 miles from the airport, the Museum of Modern Art of Bahia houses an impressive collection of contemporary art from renowned Brazilian and international artists. With temporary exhibitions and a tranquil garden, this museum is a must-visit for art enthusiasts.
4. Farol da Barra: Located 9 miles from the airport, Farol da Barra is a historic lighthouse and one of Salvador’s most famous landmarks. Visitors can climb to the top for panoramic views of the coastline or enjoy a leisurely stroll along the nearby Barra beach.
5. Elevador Lacerda: Situated 10 miles from the airport, the Elevador Lacerda is an iconic urban elevator that connects the Upper Town with the Lower Town of Salvador. Visitors can ascend to the upper level to enjoy stunning views of the city’s picturesque architecture and harbor.
6. Mercado Modelo: Approximately 10 miles from the airport, the Mercado Modelo is a bustling marketplace where visitors can find a wide variety of handicrafts, souvenirs, and local products. It’s a great place to immerse yourself in the city’s vibrant culture and pick up unique gifts.
7. Pelourinho: Located 10 miles from the airport, Pelourinho is the historic heart of Salvador and a UNESCO World Heritage site. This colorful neighborhood is famous for its well-preserved colonial architecture, lively music scenes, and vibrant cultural events.
8. Solar do Unhão: Situated 11 miles from the airport, Solar do Unhão is a cultural center located in a beautifully restored colonial mansion. Visitors can explore contemporary art exhibitions, enjoy live music performances, and relax in the scenic gardens overlooking the bay.
9. Forte de Monte Serrat: Approximately 14 miles from the airport, Forte de Monte Serrat is a historic fortress that offers panoramic views of the city. Its location on a hill makes it an ideal spot for watching stunning sunsets and enjoying a picnic surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
10. Rio Vermelho: Located 15 miles from the airport, Rio Vermelho is a vibrant neighborhood known for its lively nightlife and beautiful sandy beaches. Visitors can indulge in delicious seafood at local restaurants, explore the bohemian streets, or dance the night away at one of the trendy bars and clubs.
History of Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is located in Salvador, Brazil. It was named after Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes, a Brazilian politician who served as the mayor of Salvador and later as a federal deputy. The airport was inaugurated in 1925 and was initially used for military purposes. It was only in the 1950s that the airport began to be used for commercial flights.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1998, a new terminal was built, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle more than 6 million passengers annually. In 2018, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new runway and the expansion of the terminal building.
Today, Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Brazil, serving as a major hub for domestic and international flights. It is operated by Vinci Airports, a French company that manages several airports around the world. The airport is known for its modern facilities, efficient services, and excellent connectivity to various destinations in Brazil and beyond.
Other Airports in Bahia, Brazil
- Bahia – Jorge Amado Airport
- Bom Jesus da Lapa Airport
- Caravelas Airport
- Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport
- Glauber de Andrade Rocha Airport
- Paulo Afonso Airport
- Porto Seguro Airport