Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Niamey, the capital of Niger. It is named after Hamani Diori, the first President of Niger. The airport is located approximately 11 kilometers east of the city center and serves as a hub for several airlines operating in West Africa.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Diori Hamani International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Diori Hamani International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Diori Hamani International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Diori Hamani International Airport
- Other Airports in Niamey Capital District, Niger
How to Get to Diori Hamani International Airport
Diori Hamani International Airport is located in Niamey, the capital city of Niger. The airport is situated approximately 8 kilometers east of the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
Taxis are readily available in Niamey and are a convenient way to get to the airport. The fare from the city center to the airport is typically around 2,000 CFA francs (about $3 USD). It is recommended to negotiate the fare with the driver before getting in the taxi.
Buses are also available to take passengers to the airport. The bus stop is located near the Grand Marché, and the fare is around 300 CFA francs (about $0.50 USD). However, buses can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option.
If you prefer a more comfortable and convenient option, you can hire a private car or arrange for a shuttle service. Many hotels in Niamey offer airport shuttle services for their guests. The cost of a private car or shuttle service varies depending on the provider and the distance traveled.
Overall, getting to Diori Hamani International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to take a taxi, bus, or private car, make sure to plan ahead and leave enough time to arrive at the airport before your flight.
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport in Niger, located in the capital city of Niamey. There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. They are metered and fares are reasonable. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a good option if you plan to explore the city or travel to other parts of the country.
3. Airport shuttle: Some hotels in Niamey offer airport shuttle services for their guests. It is recommended to check with your hotel if they provide this service.
4. Public transportation: Public transportation is available in Niamey, but it can be crowded and unreliable. Buses and minibusses operate on fixed routes and schedules.
5. Private transfers: Private transfer services are available for those who prefer a more comfortable and personalized transportation option. These services can be booked in advance and include a driver and a vehicle.
It is important to note that traffic in Niamey can be congested, especially during peak hours. It is recommended to plan your transportation in advance and allow extra time for travel.
Diori Hamani International Airport in Niamey, Niger offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged by the hour.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged by the day.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is reserved for VIPs and is located closest to the terminal building. It offers a higher level of security and convenience, with rates charged by the hour.
4. Disabled parking: This parking area is reserved for travelers with disabilities and is located near the terminal building. It offers easy access to the terminal and is free of charge for those with a valid disabled parking permit.
Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, or require VIP or disabled parking, there is a parking area available to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Diori Hamani International Airport
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Niamey, the capital of Niger. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights. It has a capacity of 300,000 passengers per year and is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is used primarily for domestic flights. It has a capacity of 50,000 passengers per year and is equipped with basic facilities such as check-in counters and waiting areas. The terminal is located next to Terminal 1 and is easily accessible by foot.
Both terminals are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers. The airport also has a range of services and amenities, including currency exchange, ATMs, and car rental services. Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a convenient gateway to Niger and the surrounding region.
1. Air Burkina
2. Air Côte d’Ivoire
3. Air France
4. ASKY Airlines
5. Brussels Airlines
6. Ethiopian Airlines
7. Nouvelle Air Affaires Sénégal
8. Royal Air Maroc
9. Turkish Airlines
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport in Niger and serves as a gateway to the country. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and cargo. The security measures are in line with international standards and are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the changing security landscape.
The airport has a comprehensive security screening process for passengers and their luggage. All passengers are required to go through metal detectors and have their carry-on bags and checked luggage scanned. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who conduct random checks and pat-downs to ensure that no prohibited items are brought on board.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport has a robust security system in place to protect the airport perimeter and facilities. The airport has installed CCTV cameras throughout the airport, and security personnel monitor the footage in real-time. The airport also has a dedicated security team that patrols the airport grounds and conducts regular inspections of the facilities.
Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. The airport’s security protocols are designed to be efficient and effective while also being respectful of passengers’ privacy and rights.
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport in Niger, located in the capital city of Niamey. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the key services offered at Diori Hamani International Airport is the Meet and Greet service. This service is designed to assist passengers upon arrival at the airport, providing them with a personal assistant who will guide them through the airport and help with any necessary procedures such as immigration and baggage claim. This service is particularly useful for first-time visitors to the airport or those who may require additional assistance.
Another important service offered at Diori Hamani International Airport is the VIP Lounge. This lounge is available to passengers who require a more comfortable and private space to wait for their flight. The lounge offers a range of amenities including comfortable seating, refreshments, and Wi-Fi access. Passengers can also access the lounge’s concierge service, which can assist with travel arrangements and other requests.
Finally, Diori Hamani International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services such as baggage wrapping, currency exchange, and car rental. These services are designed to make the travel experience as convenient and stress-free as possible for passengers. Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport is committed to providing high-quality traveler’s assistance services to ensure a positive travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Niamey, the capital of Niger. The airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the shops and restaurants available at Diori Hamani International Airport:
1. Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products such as perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and liquor.
2. Souvenir Shop: This shop offers a variety of traditional African handicrafts, clothing, and accessories.
3. Bookstore: This shop offers a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers in different languages.
4. Convenience Store: This shop offers a range of snacks, drinks, and travel essentials such as toiletries and electronics.
1. Café: This restaurant offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, and pastries.
2. Fast Food: This restaurant offers a range of fast food options such as burgers, fries, and soft drinks.
3. Restaurant: This restaurant offers a variety of local and international dishes, including vegetarian options.
4. Bar: This restaurant offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport offers a good selection of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Diori Hamani International Airport in Niamey, Niger, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a separate area for men and women to perform their prayers.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The chapel is open during airport operating hours and offers a quiet space for Christian worship and reflection.
3. Multi-Faith Meditation Room – Located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the VIP lounge. The meditation room is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths to use the space for quiet contemplation and prayer.
4. VIP Lounge Prayer Room – Located within the VIP lounge on the first floor of the airport terminal. The prayer room is exclusively for VIP lounge guests and provides a private space for prayer and reflection.
All prayer rooms and worship areas at Diori Hamani International Airport are clean, well-maintained, and equipped with necessary facilities such as prayer mats, ablution areas, and religious literature. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to use these facilities and respect the religious practices of others.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Diori Hamani International Airport, located in Niamey, Niger, offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. For those who need to stay connected, the airport provides WiFi and workspace facilities.
The airport’s WiFi service is available throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet while waiting for their flights. The WiFi service is free of charge and can be accessed by connecting to the airport’s network.
In addition to WiFi, Diori Hamani International Airport also offers workspace facilities for passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flights. The airport provides a dedicated workspace area with desks, chairs, and power outlets, allowing passengers to work in a quiet and comfortable environment.
The workspace area is equipped with high-speed internet access, making it easy for passengers to stay connected and productive. Whether you need to catch up on work emails, finish a project, or study for an exam, the airport’s workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable space to do so.
Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, these facilities provide a convenient and comfortable space to stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
The following is a list of lounges available at Diori Hamani International Airport:
- Lounge Haroune: Located in the International Departures hall
- Lounge Espace Siesta: Located in the Domestic Departures hall
- Lounge Omega: Located in the International Departures hall
- Lounge Akwaba: Located in the Domestic Departures hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Diori Hamani International Airport
Diori Hamani International Airport, located in Niamey, Niger, provides a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of its travelers. Whether you are seeking budget-friendly lodgings or luxurious accommodations, you will find a suitable choice near the airport. Let’s explore the range of accommodation options available:
1. Budget Hotels: For travelers seeking affordable options, budget hotels in close proximity to Diori Hamani International Airport offer comfortable stays without burning a hole in your pocket. These modest accommodations provide basic amenities such as clean rooms, Wi-Fi, and convenient access to the airport. They are ideal for short stays or those on a budget.
2. Transit Hotels: If you are looking for a place to rest during a long layover or for a few hours’ sleep before or after a flight, transit hotels located near the airport offer a convenient and economical option. These hotels provide comfortable rooms on an hourly basis, allowing you to refresh yourself without paying for a full night’s stay.
3. Mid-range Hotels: Travelers seeking a balance between affordability and comfort can opt for mid-range hotels, conveniently situated near Diori Hamani International Airport. These hotels offer spacious rooms with modern amenities like Wi-Fi, room service, and often include on-site restaurants. They provide a comfortable stay without breaking the bank.
4. Business Hotels: Visitors with business needs and seeking more amenities can choose from several business hotels located near the airport. These hotels often feature well-equipped meeting rooms, high-speed internet access, and additional services to cater to the specific requirements of business professionals. They provide an ideal setting for meetings, conferences, and networking opportunities.
5. Luxury Hotels: For discerning travelers who prefer lavish accommodation, luxury hotels near the airport offer exquisite amenities, impeccable service, and stylish interiors. These establishments boast spacious suites, fine dining restaurants, wellness facilities, swimming pools, and other indulgent features. They provide an opulent experience, creating a memorable stay for those willing to splurge.
It is worth noting that while Diori Hamani International Airport does not have on-site accommodations within its premises, there are numerous hotels available within a short distance. These hotels often provide airport shuttle services, ensuring convenient transfers to and from the airport.
When planning your stay near Diori Hamani International Airport, evaluate the range of accommodation options available, considering your budget, preferences, and the purpose of your visit. With the varied options at hand, you can find a suitable lodging that meets your needs and ensures a comfortable stay during your time in Niamey, Niger.
1. National Museum of Niger: Located just 3 kilometers from Diori Hamani International Airport, the National Museum of Niger is a must-visit attraction for history and culture enthusiasts. It houses a remarkable collection of archaeological artifacts, traditional arts, and exhibits that showcase Niger’s rich heritage.
2. Niger National Museum of Traditional Arts and Crafts: Situated around 15 kilometers from the airport, this museum is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Niger’s traditional arts and crafts. Visitors can admire exquisite wood carvings, pottery, jewelry, and fabrics created by skilled local artisans.
3. Grand Mosque of Niamey: A short drive away from the airport, the magnificent Grand Mosque of Niamey is an architectural gem and an important landmark in the city. Its impressive minarets and intricate designs attract both locals and tourists interested in Islamic culture and history.
4. Niamey Grand Market: Less than 10 kilometers from the airport, this bustling market offers a vibrant sensory experience. Visitors can explore a maze of stalls selling a variety of goods, from fresh produce and spices to traditional clothing and souvenirs.
5. Abdou Moumouni University: Situated adjacent to the airport, Abdou Moumouni University is Niger’s largest and most prestigious university. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through its picturesque campus, admire its striking architecture, or attend cultural events and exhibitions held on the premises.
6. Wadata Handicrafts Village: Located approximately 10 kilometers from the airport, this traditional village is a treasure trove for authentic Nigerien handicrafts. Local artisans proudly showcase and sell their handcrafted goods, including pottery, ceramics, leatherwork, and textiles.
7. Petit Marché: Situated within close proximity to the airport, this bustling street market is a perfect spot to immerse yourself in the local atmosphere. Here, visitors can browse through the numerous stands offering traditional food, spices, and textiles, giving a taste of daily life in Niger.
8. Niger River: Just a short distance from the airport, the mighty Niger River flows, providing a scenic setting for leisurely walks or boat rides. With its calm waters and picturesque surroundings, it offers a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle.
9. Zoo of Niger: Approximately 8 kilometers from Diori Hamani International Airport, the Zoo of Niger is home to a variety of wildlife species. Visitors can observe lions, giraffes, elephants, and other native animals while learning about their natural habitats and conservation efforts.
10. W National Park: Although located a bit farther from the airport (around 200 kilometers), the W National Park is worth mentioning due to its significance as a UNESCO World Heritage site. This vast park spans three countries and offers a unique opportunity to encounter diverse wildlife, including elephants, cheetahs, and hippos, in their natural habitat.
History of Diori Hamani International Airport
Diori Hamani International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Niamey, the capital of Niger. The airport was named after Hamani Diori, the first president of Niger, who played a significant role in the country’s independence from France in 1960. The airport was originally built in the 1970s and has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines.
In 2005, a new terminal building was constructed, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 500,000 passengers annually. The new terminal features modern facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges. The airport also has a runway that is 3,180 meters long and can accommodate large aircraft such as the Boeing 747.
Diori Hamani International Airport is a hub for several airlines, including Air Niger, Air Burkina, and Air France. The airport serves as a gateway to Niger’s tourism industry, which includes attractions such as the Sahara Desert, the W National Park, and the historic city of Agadez. The airport also plays a vital role in the country’s economy by facilitating trade and commerce with other countries in the region. Overall, Diori Hamani International Airport is an essential transportation hub for Niger and a significant contributor to the country’s development.
Other Airports in Niamey Capital District, Niger