Eduardo Gomes International Airport is a major airport located in Manaus, Brazil. It serves as a gateway to the Amazon rainforest and is one of the busiest airports in the northern region of the country. The airport is named after Eduardo Gomes, a Brazilian aviator and politician.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Other Airports in Amazonas, Brazil
How to Get to Eduardo Gomes International Airport
Eduardo Gomes International Airport is located in Manaus, Brazil. To get to the airport, there are several transportation options available.
One option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through an app. Ride-sharing services such as Uber and 99 are also available in Manaus and can be booked through their respective apps.
Another option is to take a bus. The airport is served by several bus lines, including the 306 and 813. These buses run regularly and are an affordable option for getting to the airport.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport. There are both short-term and long-term parking lots, as well as a valet service.
Overall, getting to Eduardo Gomes International Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget.
Eduardo Gomes International Airport, located in Manaus, Brazil, offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered, and the cost will depend on your destination.
2. Bus: The airport has a bus station located outside the terminal building. Several bus companies operate from here, offering services to different parts of the city. The fare is affordable, and the buses are comfortable.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the city on your own. The rates are reasonable, and the process is hassle-free.
4. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you have booked your accommodation in advance.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport, and they offer a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination. The rates are higher than other options, but the convenience is worth it.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Eduardo Gomes International Airport has something to offer for everyone.
Eduardo Gomes International Airport in Manaus, Brazil offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Premium Parking: This is the closest parking area to the airport terminal, located just a few steps away from the entrance. It is a covered parking lot with 24-hour security and surveillance. The Premium Parking area is ideal for travelers who want quick and easy access to the airport.
2. Economy Parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal, but still within walking distance. It is an open-air parking lot with 24-hour security and surveillance. The Economy Parking area is a more affordable option for travelers who are looking to save money on parking fees.
3. Valet Parking: This is a convenient parking option for travelers who want to drop off their car and have it parked for them. The Valet Parking area is located near the terminal entrance and offers 24-hour security and surveillance. This service is available for an additional fee.
4. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located further from the terminal and is ideal for travelers who will be away for an extended period of time. It is an open-air parking lot with 24-hour security and surveillance. The Long-Term Parking area offers discounted rates for extended stays.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Localiza Rent A Car
- Movida Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Unidas Rent A Car
Eduardo Gomes International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Manaus, Brazil. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights. It has a capacity to handle up to 6 million passengers annually and is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Terminal 2, on the other hand, is a smaller terminal that is used exclusively for domestic flights. It has a capacity to handle up to 2 million passengers annually and is equipped with basic facilities such as check-in counters, waiting areas, and a few shops and restaurants.
Both terminals are connected by a covered walkway and are easily accessible from the city center. The airport also offers a range of transportation options including taxis, buses, and rental cars.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. With its two terminals, it is able to handle a large volume of passengers and offers a range of facilities and services to meet their needs.
1. Azul Brazilian Airlines
2. Gol Transportes Aéreos
3. LATAM Brasil
4. MAP Linhas Aéreas
5. Passaredo Linhas Aéreas
6. VoePass (formerly known as Passaredo)
Eduardo Gomes International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Brazil, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
The airport’s security measures include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. Additionally, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the premises and respond to any security threats.
The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, which includes weapons, explosives, and flammable materials. Passengers are advised to check the list of prohibited items before packing their luggage to avoid any inconvenience during the screening process.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to maintaining high levels of security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in Brazil.
Eduardo Gomes International Airport, located in Manaus, Brazil, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
The airport’s assistance services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities. The airport also provides a dedicated lounge area for passengers with disabilities, equipped with comfortable seating and accessible restrooms.
For families with young children, the airport offers a play area and baby changing facilities. The airport also provides strollers for families to use while navigating the airport.
Elderly passengers can take advantage of the airport’s assistance services, which include wheelchair assistance and priority boarding. The airport also provides a dedicated lounge area for elderly passengers, equipped with comfortable seating and accessible restrooms.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s commitment to providing excellent customer service ensures that travelers feel welcomed and supported throughout their journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Eduardo Gomes International Airport, located in Manaus, Brazil, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free Americas: This shop offers a wide range of products, including cosmetics, fragrances, electronics, and liquor. It is a great place to pick up souvenirs or gifts for loved ones.
– Amazonas Store: This shop specializes in products from the Amazon region, such as handicrafts, jewelry, and clothing. It is a great place to find unique and authentic items.
– Livraria Saraiva: This bookstore offers a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers in Portuguese and English. It is a great place to pick up reading material for your flight or to learn more about Brazil.
– Casa do Pão de Queijo: This restaurant serves traditional Brazilian snacks, such as pão de queijo (cheese bread) and coxinha (chicken croquettes). It is a great place to grab a quick bite before your flight.
– Subway: This sandwich chain offers a variety of fresh and healthy options, including salads and wraps. It is a great option for those looking for a quick and easy meal.
– Café do Ponto: This coffee shop serves a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and sandwiches. It is a great place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee before your flight.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to meet the needs of travelers. Whether you are looking for souvenirs, reading material, or a quick meal, you are sure to find something to suit your needs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Eduardo Gomes International Airport in Manaus, Brazil, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Catholic Chapel – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the food court, the Catholic Chapel is open 24 hours a day and offers a peaceful environment for prayer and contemplation. It features a small altar, religious icons, and seating for up to 20 people.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the international arrivals area, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for Muslims to perform their daily prayers. It is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a washing area.
3. Evangelical Chapel – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the domestic arrivals area, the Evangelical Chapel is open 24 hours a day and welcomes Christians of all denominations. It features a small altar, religious literature, and seating for up to 15 people.
4. Meditation Room – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the boarding gates, the Meditation Room is open 24 hours a day and offers a quiet space for reflection and meditation. It is equipped with comfortable seating, dim lighting, and soothing music.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to people of all faiths. They provide a valuable service to travelers who wish to practice their religion or find a peaceful space in the midst of a busy airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Eduardo Gomes International Airport, located in Manaus, Brazil, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely.
2. Business Center: The airport has a business center equipped with computers, printers, and other office equipment. This facility is ideal for business travelers who need to work on urgent projects or print important documents.
3. Lounges: Eduardo Gomes International Airport has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, charging points, and high-speed WiFi. These lounges are perfect for travelers who want to relax or work in a quiet environment.
4. Charging Stations: The airport has numerous charging stations located throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to charge their electronic devices while waiting for their flights.
5. Meeting Rooms: The airport has meeting rooms available for rent, equipped with audiovisual equipment and high-speed WiFi. These rooms are ideal for business meetings or conferences.
Overall, Eduardo Gomes International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to work on a project or simply want to stay connected, the airport has you covered.
Eduardo Gomes International Airport offers a variety of lounges for travelers to relax in before their flight. The following are the lounges available:
- VIP Executive Lounge: Located in the international area of the airport, this lounge offers a selection of drinks and snacks, as well as comfortable seating.
- Lounge Network Avianca: Located in the domestic area of the airport, this lounge offers free internet access, a selection of drinks and snacks, and comfortable seating.
- Lounge Network GOL: Located in the domestic area of the airport, this lounge offers free internet access, a selection of drinks and snacks, and comfortable seating.
Accomodation Options Nearby Eduardo Gomes International Airport
Eduardo Gomes International Airport, located in Manaus, Brazil, offers a range of accommodation options catering to the diverse needs and budgets of travelers. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, the airport ensures comfortable and convenient options for your stay.
1. Budget-friendly accommodations:
– Hostels: There are numerous hostels in close proximity to the airport, providing affordable dormitory-style accommodations with shared facilities. These hostels offer comfortable beds, clean rooms, and basic amenities, making them ideal for backpackers or travelers on a budget.
2. Mid-range accommodations:
– Budget hotels: Several budget hotels are situated near the airport, offering comfortable rooms with essential amenities such as private bathrooms, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi. These properties provide a convenient stay at reasonable prices, making them a popular choice for economical travelers.
3. Upscale accommodations:
– Business hotels: For those seeking a comfortable stay, several business hotels are available near the airport. These hotels boast well-appointed rooms, top-notch amenities, and additional services like conference facilities, fitness centers, and on-site dining options. They cater to the needs of business travelers with added comfort and convenience.
– Luxury hotels: For travelers who seek a more lavish experience, there are luxury hotels located within a short distance from the airport. These establishments offer a range of extravagant amenities such as spa facilities, fine dining restaurants, beautifully designed rooms, and personalized services. Guests can indulge in ultimate relaxation and enjoy world-class luxury during their stay.
4. Transit hotels:
– Airport hotels: In terms of convenience, several hotels are directly connected to the airport, ensuring easy access for transit passengers or those with early or late flights. These transit hotels offer comfortable rooms, often equipped with soundproofing to ensure a good night’s sleep amidst the bustling airport atmosphere.
It is worth noting that while the Eduardo Gomes International Airport does not have on-site hotels, the surrounding area provides a plethora of accommodation options to suit various needs and budgets. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay, a mid-range experience, or an upscale retreat, you will find suitable accommodations in close proximity to the airport.
1. Ponta Negra Beach: Located just 13 kilometers from Eduardo Gomes International Airport, Ponta Negra Beach is a must-visit attraction for beach lovers. Stretching for miles, this pristine beach offers golden sands, crystal-clear waters, and stunning views of the Morro do Careca, a majestic sand dune.
2. Amazon Rainforest Tours: Visitors to the airport can indulge in the ultimate adventure by embarking on an Amazon rainforest tour. Experienced guides can take you on a thrilling journey, where you can explore the rich biodiversity, spot unique wildlife, and learn about indigenous cultures.
3. Teatro Amazonas: Located in the heart of Manaus, Teatro Amazonas is a cultural gem that showcases the city’s vibrant arts scene. This stunning opera house, constructed during the rubber boom era, offers guided tours that reveal the building’s history and architectural beauty.
4. Meeting of the Waters: One of nature’s wonders near the airport is the Meeting of the Waters, where the dark Rio Negro and the sandy-colored Rio Solimões rivers flow side by side without mixing for kilometers. It’s a fascinating sight that offers a unique experience to witness the meeting of these two major tributaries of the Amazon River.
5. Bosque da Ciência: For nature enthusiasts and animal lovers, Bosque da Ciência is a fantastic attraction near the airport. This research park, managed by the National Institute of Amazonian Research, features a vast collection of native Amazonian plants and animals, including giant water lilies, sloths, and monkeys.
6. Mercado Municipal Adolpho Lisboa: Immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting the Mercado Municipal Adolpho Lisboa, Manaus’ main market. Located close to the airport, this bustling market offers a vibrant atmosphere, where you can browse through a wide range of regional fruits, foods, crafts, and souvenirs.
7. Museu do Seringal Vila Paraíso: Experience a step back in time at the Museu do Seringal Vila Paraíso, an open-air museum located on the banks of the Rio Negro. This reconstructed rubber plantation provides insight into the region’s rubber boom past, showcasing the life and work of the rubber tappers.
8. Cachoeira do Tarumã: A short distance from the airport, Cachoeira do Tarumã offers a refreshing nature escape. This beautiful waterfall, surrounded by lush forest, is perfect for a day trip. Visitors can swim in the natural pools, hike through the trails, and immerse themselves in the stunning natural surroundings.
9. Praia da Lua: Located about 12 kilometers from the airport, Praia da Lua is a tranquil oasis along the Rio Negro. This small river beach provides a serene setting, ideal for relaxation and leisure activities such as kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, or simply enjoying a picnic while admiring the breathtaking river views.
10. Palácio da Justiça: History buffs will appreciate a visit to the Palácio da Justiça, a neoclassical palace in the heart of Manaus. This historic building, which houses the Amazonas State Court of Justice, offers guided tours that provide insight into the city’s past and its role in the rubber boom era.
History of Eduardo Gomes International Airport
Eduardo Gomes International Airport is located in Manaus, Brazil, and is named after Brazilian Air Force Marshal Eduardo Gomes. The airport was originally built in the 1970s to replace the old airport in Manaus, which was too small to handle the increasing number of passengers and cargo. The new airport was inaugurated in 1976 and has since undergone several renovations and expansions.
In 2000, the airport underwent a major renovation to modernize its facilities and increase its capacity. The renovation included the construction of a new terminal building, which is now one of the largest in Brazil, with a total area of 64,000 square meters. The new terminal has 28 boarding gates, 60 check-in counters, and a capacity to handle up to 13 million passengers per year.
Eduardo Gomes International Airport is an important hub for air travel in the Amazon region of Brazil, serving both domestic and international flights. It is also a major cargo hub, handling a significant amount of the region’s exports, including fish, fruits, and other agricultural products. The airport has won several awards for its services and facilities, including the Best Airport in Brazil award in 2013 and 2014.
Other Airports in Amazonas, Brazil
- Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Itacoatiara Airport
- Manicore Airport
- Ponta Pelada Airport
- Sao Gabriel da Cachoeira Airport
- Tabatinga Airport
- Tefe Airport