El Dorado International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Colombia, located in the capital city of Bogotá. It serves as a hub for several major airlines and offers flights to destinations throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to El Dorado International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at El Dorado International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby El Dorado International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of El Dorado International Airport
- Other Airports in Cundinamarca Department, Colombia
How to Get to El Dorado International Airport
El Dorado International Airport is located in Bogotá, Colombia and is the largest airport in the country. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is important to use a reputable company and negotiate the fare before getting in the car. The journey from the city center to the airport takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a bus from the city center to the airport. There are several bus companies that operate routes to the airport, including TransMilenio and SITP. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes and is a more affordable option than taking a taxi.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several parking options available at the airport. There are both short-term and long-term parking options, as well as valet parking services.
Overall, getting to El Dorado International Airport is relatively easy and there are several options available depending on your preferences and budget.
El Dorado International Airport, located in Bogotá, Colombia, is one of the busiest airports in South America. As a traveler, it’s important to know the transportation options available to get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and safe option for travelers. The fare is metered, and the cost varies depending on the distance and time of day.
2. Bus: The airport has a bus terminal located outside the terminal building. Buses run to various destinations in Bogotá and surrounding areas. The fare is affordable, and the buses are comfortable and air-conditioned.
3. Shuttle: Many hotels and private companies offer shuttle services to and from the airport. These services are convenient and reliable, and they can be booked in advance.
4. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the city and surrounding areas on your own.
5. Uber: Uber is available in Bogotá, and it’s a convenient and affordable option for travelers. The fare is calculated based on the distance and time of day.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it’s important to plan ahead and make sure you have a safe and comfortable journey to and from the airport.
El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Multi-storey car park: This is the largest parking area at El Dorado International Airport and is located just a few steps away from the terminal. It has over 3,000 parking spaces and is open 24/7. The multi-storey car park is ideal for short-term parking and offers hourly, daily, and weekly rates.
2. Long-term car park: This parking area is located a bit further away from the terminal, but it offers more affordable rates for long-term parking. It has over 1,000 parking spaces and is open 24/7. The long-term car park is ideal for travelers who will be away for several days or weeks.
3. Valet parking: This is a premium parking service offered at El Dorado International Airport. It is located just outside the terminal and offers a convenient and hassle-free parking experience. Travelers can drop off their car at the valet parking area and have it parked for them. This service is ideal for travelers who are short on time or who want to avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot.
4. Express parking: This parking area is located just outside the terminal and is ideal for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. It offers a quick and easy parking experience and is perfect for dropping off or picking up passengers.
Overall, El Dorado International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, there is a parking area that will meet your needs.
Car Rental at El Dorado International Airport
El Dorado International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Colombia, serving the capital city of Bogotá. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a pedestrian bridge.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and primarily serves domestic flights. It has three levels and is divided into two sections: the North and South sections. The North section is used for arrivals and the South section is used for departures. Terminal 1 has a variety of shops, restaurants, and services for passengers, including duty-free shops, currency exchange, and ATMs.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, which opened in 2012. It primarily serves international flights and has four levels. The first level is for arrivals, the second level is for departures, and the third level is for VIP lounges. The fourth level is used for airport operations. Terminal 2 has a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and duty-free stores. It also has a VIP lounge, a business center, and a children’s play area.
Both terminals at El Dorado International Airport are modern and well-equipped to handle the high volume of passengers that pass through the airport each day. The airport has a variety of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for passengers to get to and from the airport. Overall, El Dorado International Airport is a well-designed and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
2. LATAM Airlines
3. Copa Airlines
4. American Airlines
5. Delta Air Lines
6. United Airlines
7. Air Canada
9. Air France
10. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
11. Turkish Airlines
13. Qatar Airways
15. British Airways
17. JetBlue Airways
18. Spirit Airlines
19. Viva Air Colombia
20. Wingo Airlines
23. Air Europa
24. Ethiopian Airlines
25. Air Panama
27. Sky Airline
28. Air Transat
29. Wamos Air
30. Plus Ultra Líneas Aéreas.
El Dorado International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Colombia, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
One of the most notable security measures at El Dorado International Airport is the use of advanced technology for screening passengers and their luggage. The airport uses state-of-the-art X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners to detect any potential threats. Additionally, all passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before entering the boarding area.
El Dorado International Airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest technology and are trained to identify and respond to potential threats quickly and efficiently.
In addition to these measures, El Dorado International Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. The airport has a dedicated police force that patrols the airport and surrounding areas, and works closely with other law enforcement agencies to prevent and respond to any security threats.
Overall, El Dorado International Airport has implemented a comprehensive security program that utilizes advanced technology, highly trained personnel, and close collaboration with law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
El Dorado International Airport, located in Bogotá, Colombia, offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with children, and elderly passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at El Dorado International Airport is the Special Assistance Service. This service is available to passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility and includes wheelchair assistance, priority boarding, and personalized assistance throughout the airport. Additionally, the airport offers a dedicated parking area for passengers with disabilities, as well as accessible restrooms and elevators.
For families traveling with children, El Dorado International Airport provides a range of services to make the journey more comfortable. These services include baby changing facilities, children’s play areas, and stroller rental services. The airport also offers a Family Room, which is a private space for families to relax and take care of their children’s needs.
Finally, for elderly passengers, El Dorado International Airport offers a range of services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. These services include wheelchair assistance, priority boarding, and personalized assistance throughout the airport. Additionally, the airport provides a range of amenities, such as comfortable seating areas and restrooms, to make the journey more comfortable for elderly passengers. Overall, El Dorado International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of all passengers and ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia offers a wide range of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the top options:
1. Duty Free Americas – This shop offers a variety of tax-free products including cosmetics, fragrances, and liquor.
2. Tiendas Juan Valdez – A popular Colombian coffee chain, Tiendas Juan Valdez offers a selection of coffee beans, mugs, and other coffee-related products.
3. Artisanal Market – This market features handmade crafts and souvenirs from local artisans, including jewelry, textiles, and pottery.
4. Victoria’s Secret – A well-known lingerie and beauty brand, Victoria’s Secret offers a selection of bras, panties, and fragrances.
1. El Corral – A Colombian fast-food chain, El Corral serves up burgers, fries, and milkshakes.
2. Juan Valdez Café – In addition to selling coffee products, Juan Valdez Café also offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
3. La Brasa Roja – This restaurant specializes in rotisserie chicken and offers a variety of sides such as rice, beans, and plantains.
4. Crepes & Waffles – A popular Colombian chain, Crepes & Waffles serves up sweet and savory crepes, as well as salads and sandwiches.
Overall, El Dorado International Airport provides a diverse selection of shops and restaurants for travelers to explore and enjoy.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a moment of spiritual reflection.
1. Chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe: Located in the international departures area, this Catholic chapel is open 24/7 and offers daily mass services. It features a beautiful stained-glass window and a peaceful atmosphere for prayer and meditation.
2. Mosque: Located in the international departures area, this mosque is open 24/7 and offers prayer services for Muslim passengers and visitors. It features separate areas for men and women and provides prayer mats and copies of the Quran.
3. Interfaith Prayer Room: Located in the domestic departures area, this room is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. It features a simple design with chairs and a small altar for personal prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: Located in the international departures area, this room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Jewish passengers and visitors to pray and observe their religious customs. It features a Torah scroll and prayer books.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free of charge and open to everyone. They offer a peaceful and respectful environment for people to practice their faith or seek a moment of spiritual reflection before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
El Dorado International Airport, located in Bogotá, Colombia, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study during their layover, El Dorado International Airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. VIP Lounges:
The airport has several VIP lounges that offer comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. These lounges are equipped with high-speed WiFi, allowing passengers to work or relax in a quiet and peaceful environment.
2. Business Centers:
The airport has several business centers that offer private workstations, printing facilities, and meeting rooms. These centers are ideal for business travelers who need to work on important projects or hold meetings during their layover.
3. Co-Working Spaces:
El Dorado International Airport also has co-working spaces that offer a collaborative and creative environment for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and digital nomads. These spaces are equipped with high-speed WiFi, comfortable seating, and meeting rooms.
In conclusion, El Dorado International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make your travel experience comfortable and productive.
El Dorado International Airport offers a variety of lounges to cater to all kinds of travelers. Below is a list of the lounges located inside the airport:
- Salon VIP Conquistador – Level 4 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP Imperial – Level 4 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP Capitan – Level 4 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP Aerovias – Level 3 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP America – Level 3 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP Intercontinental – Level 3 of the Main Terminal
- Salon VIP Avianca – Level 3 of the Main Terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby El Dorado International Airport
El Dorado International Airport, located in Bogota, Colombia, offers a range of accommodation options suitable for travelers with varying budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for budget-friendly options or luxurious accommodations, there are choices available to meet your needs. Let’s explore the different accommodation options at El Dorado International Airport:
1. Airport Lounges: For an affordable option, you can book access to airport lounges at El Dorado Airport. These lounges often offer comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, refreshments, and sometimes showers, providing a convenient resting place during layovers.
2. Transit Hotels: In Terminal 1, you will find budget-friendly transit hotels or sleep pods where passengers can rest for a few hours. These rooms offer basic amenities, including a bed, shared bathrooms, and sometimes a small workspace.
3. Upscale Hotels: Located nearby the airport, several upscale hotels offer luxury accommodation options for those seeking comfort and convenience. These hotels provide well-appointed rooms, fitness centers, swimming pools, on-site restaurants, and shuttle services to the airport.
4. Airport Hotels: Another convenient option is to stay at one of the hotels located in close proximity to the airport. These hotels cater to different budgets, offering comfortable rooms, restaurants, and sometimes facilities such as gyms and conference rooms.
5. Airbnb/Short-term Rentals: If you prefer a more homely experience, you can explore short-term rentals or Airbnb options near the airport. This allows you to have your own apartment or room, often equipped with kitchen facilities, at various price points.
6. Budget Hotels: In the vicinity of the airport, several budget hotels provide affordable accommodation options. These hotels offer comfortable rooms with essential amenities such as Wi-Fi, TV, and private bathrooms.
It is important to note that accommodation options may evolve and change over time, so it is advisable to check the latest availability and prices. Additionally, consider the distance from the airport, as some accommodations may require a shuttle or taxi ride to reach the terminal.
Regardless of your budget or preferences, El Dorado International Airport offers a diverse range of accommodation options to ensure a comfortable stay for every traveler.
1. Simon Bolivar Park: Located just a short distance from El Dorado International Airport, Simon Bolivar Park is a sprawling green oasis offering visitors a chance to relax and enjoy nature. The park features beautiful gardens, walking trails, and recreational activities such as boating and cycling.
2. Gold Museum: Situated in the heart of Bogota, the Gold Museum is an iconic attraction offering a glimpse into Colombia’s rich pre-Columbian history. Visitors can explore a vast collection of gold and archaeological artifacts, showcasing the craftsmanship and artistry of ancient civilizations.
3. Monserrate Hill: Rising over 3,000 meters above sea level, Monserrate Hill is a must-visit attraction for panoramic views of Bogota. Visitors can take a scenic cable car ride or hike up the mountain to reach the summit, where they’ll find a stunning church and various dining options.
4. La Candelaria: Enveloped by quaint colonial architecture, La Candelaria is Bogota’s historic neighborhood that oozes charm and cultural significance. Stroll through its narrow streets, visit museums, and enjoy local street art while immersing yourself in the city’s rich history and bohemian atmosphere.
5. Usaquen Market: For those looking to indulge in shopping and local culture, Usaquen Market is an ideal destination. This vibrant market, located just a short drive from the airport, offers a wide array of handmade crafts, antiques, clothing, and delicious local cuisine.
6. Botero Museum: Art enthusiasts will not want to miss the Botero Museum, located within the historic La Candelaria. This museum showcases an extensive collection of artwork by renowned Colombian artist Fernando Botero, known for his signature style of voluptuous figures.
7. National Museum of Colombia: Housed in a grand neoclassical building, the National Museum of Colombia is the country’s oldest and largest museum. It houses a diverse collection of Colombian archaeological artifacts, colonial art, and contemporary exhibitions, providing valuable insights into the nation’s history and culture.
8. Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá: Just a short drive from El Dorado International Airport lies the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, a unique underground church carved into the salt mines. This architectural marvel combines stunning design with religious significance, captivating visitors with its underground chambers and illuminated pathways.
9. Paloquemao Market: Immerse yourself in the vibrant local culture at Paloquemao Market, one of Bogota’s largest and most colorful markets. Here, you can explore rows of fresh produce, flowers, handicrafts, and delicious street food, making it a true sensory experience.
10. Zona T: Located in the heart of Bogota’s trendy Zona Rosa district, Zona T is a vibrant hub for nightlife, entertainment, and upscale shopping. This lively area is home to numerous bars, clubs, restaurants, and renowned fashion boutiques, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists alike.
History of El Dorado International Airport
El Dorado International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Colombia, located in the capital city of Bogotá. The airport was first opened in 1959, replacing the old airport in the city center. It was named after the legendary city of gold, El Dorado, which was believed to be located in the region.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 2012, a new terminal was opened, increasing the airport’s capacity to handle up to 40 million passengers annually.
El Dorado International Airport has played a significant role in the development of Colombia’s aviation industry and has become a major hub for international and domestic flights. It has won several awards for its services and facilities, including the Best Airport in South America award by Skytrax in 2019.
Today, the airport serves as a gateway to Colombia’s vibrant culture, history, and natural beauty, welcoming millions of visitors from around the world each year. With its modern facilities and efficient services, El Dorado International Airport continues to be a vital transportation hub for the country and the region.
Other Airports in Cundinamarca Department, Colombia