Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is a major airport located in Broward County, Florida. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destinations of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, as well as the greater Miami area. With over 700 daily flights and a wide range of amenities, it is a convenient and efficient travel hub for both domestic and international travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Other Airports in Florida, United States
How to Get to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is located in Broward County, Florida, and is easily accessible by car, public transportation, or shuttle service. If you are driving, the airport is conveniently located just off of I-95 and I-595. Simply follow the signs for the airport and park in one of the many parking garages or lots available.
If you prefer public transportation, the Broward County Transit system offers several bus routes that stop at the airport. The Route 1 bus runs from downtown Fort Lauderdale to the airport, while the Route 4 bus runs from downtown Hollywood to the airport. Both routes operate seven days a week and offer affordable fares.
Another option is to take a shuttle service, such as SuperShuttle or GO Airport Shuttle. These services offer door-to-door transportation from your home or hotel to the airport, and are a convenient and stress-free way to travel.
No matter how you choose to get to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, be sure to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to get there. With its convenient location and multiple transportation options, getting to the airport is easy and hassle-free.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is a busy airport located in Broward County, Florida. It serves millions of passengers each year, making it one of the busiest airports in the United States. If you are planning to travel to or from the airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination quickly and easily. The fares are metered, and the cost will depend on your destination.
2. Ride-sharing services: Companies like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. They offer a convenient and affordable way to get to your destination. You can book a ride through their app, and the fare will be calculated based on the distance and time of your trip.
3. Shuttle services: There are several shuttle services available at the airport that can take you to your destination. These services are often shared with other passengers, so the cost is lower than a taxi or ride-sharing service.
4. Public transportation: The Broward County Transit bus system provides service to the airport. You can take the Route 1 bus to get to the airport or take the Route 4 bus to get to downtown Fort Lauderdale.
5. Rental cars: If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several rental car companies located at the airport. You can rent a car and drive to your destination at your own pace.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and book your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and where they are located:
1. Terminal Garage: Located directly across from the terminals, the Terminal Garage offers covered parking on multiple levels. This is the most convenient parking option for travelers who want to be close to the terminals.
2. Palm Garage: Located just a short walk from the terminals, the Palm Garage offers covered parking on multiple levels. This is a good option for travelers who want covered parking but don’t mind a short walk to the terminals.
3. Hibiscus Garage: Located just a short walk from the terminals, the Hibiscus Garage offers covered parking on multiple levels. This is a good option for travelers who want covered parking but don’t mind a short walk to the terminals.
4. Economy Parking: Located just a short shuttle ride from the terminals, the Economy Parking lot offers uncovered parking at a lower rate than the covered garages. This is a good option for travelers who want to save money on parking and don’t mind a short shuttle ride to the terminals.
5. Overflow Parking: Located just a short shuttle ride from the terminals, the Overflow Parking lot is used when the other parking options are full. This is a good option for travelers who need to park but don’t mind a short shuttle ride to the terminals.
Overall, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to meet the needs of all travelers. Whether you want covered parking close to the terminals or uncovered parking at a lower rate, there is a parking option for you.
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is a major airport located in Broward County, Florida. The airport has four terminals, each serving different airlines and destinations. Terminal 1 is primarily used by Southwest Airlines, while Terminal 2 serves Delta Air Lines and Air Canada. Terminal 3 is used by JetBlue, Allegiant Air, and Emirates, and Terminal 4 serves a variety of airlines, including American Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines.
Each terminal at FLL offers a range of amenities and services for travelers. These include restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as shops selling everything from souvenirs to luxury goods. There are also ATMs, currency exchange services, and charging stations for electronic devices. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, and there are plenty of seating areas for passengers to relax and wait for their flights.
FLL is known for its efficient and easy-to-navigate terminals, with clear signage and helpful staff on hand to assist travelers. The airport also offers a range of transportation options, including rental cars, taxis, and shuttle buses, making it easy for passengers to get to and from their destinations. Overall, the terminals at FLL provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers, with a range of amenities and services to make their journey as smooth as possible.
1. Aer Lingus
2. Air Canada
3. Air Transat
4. Alaska Airlines
5. Allegiant Air
6. American Airlines
9. British Airways
10. Caribbean Airlines
11. Delta Air Lines
13. Frontier Airlines
14. JetBlue Airways
15. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
16. LATAM Airlines
17. Norwegian Air Shuttle
18. Silver Airways
19. Southwest Airlines
20. Spirit Airlines
21. Sun Country Airlines
22. United Airlines
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
One of the most visible security measures at FLL is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening process. All passengers must pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes removing shoes, belts, and jackets, as well as placing all liquids and electronics in a separate bin for screening. TSA agents also conduct random searches of passengers and their belongings.
In addition to TSA screening, FLL has a number of other security measures in place. The airport has a 24-hour police presence, with officers patrolling the terminal and surrounding areas. There are also security cameras throughout the airport, which are monitored by trained personnel. FLL also has a K-9 unit, which is used to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, FLL takes security very seriously and is constantly evaluating and updating its protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and employees. While these measures may cause some inconvenience, they are necessary to maintain a secure and safe environment for everyone who uses the airport.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s customer service representatives are available throughout the terminal to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. Additionally, the airport provides wheelchair and electric cart services for passengers with mobility issues.
For travelers with language barriers, the airport offers translation services in multiple languages. These services can be accessed through the airport’s information desk or by calling a designated phone number. The airport also provides TTY/TDD phones for passengers with hearing impairments.
For families traveling with young children, the airport offers a designated play area and family restrooms. The play area is located in Terminal 3 and features a variety of toys and activities for children to enjoy. The family restrooms are equipped with changing tables and other amenities to make traveling with children more convenient.
Overall, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Passengers can feel confident that they will receive the support they need to navigate the airport and reach their destination safely.
Shops and Restaurants
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here is a list of some of the popular shops and restaurants at the airport:
1. Duty-Free Americas – This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including liquor, tobacco, and fragrances.
2. Hudson News – This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and souvenirs.
3. Swarovski – This shop offers a range of crystal jewelry, accessories, and home decor items.
4. Tech on the Go – This shop offers a range of electronic gadgets, including headphones, chargers, and mobile accessories.
5. Travel + Leisure – This shop offers a range of travel-related products, including luggage, travel guides, and travel accessories.
1. Einstein Bros. Bagels – This restaurant offers a range of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
2. Hard Rock Cafe – This restaurant offers a range of American cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
3. Pei Wei Asian Kitchen – This restaurant offers a range of Asian cuisine, including noodles, rice bowls, and sushi.
4. Starbucks – This restaurant offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
5. Vino Volo – This restaurant offers a range of wines, cheeses, and small plates.
In addition to these shops and restaurants, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport also offers other amenities, including lounges, spas, and currency exchange services, to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the third floor of Terminal 4, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for prayer and meditation. The chapel is open to people of all faiths and features religious texts, prayer rugs, and a peaceful atmosphere.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 4, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Muslim passengers to pray. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a washing area for ablution.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 4, the Jewish Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Jewish passengers to pray. The room is equipped with prayer books, a Torah, and a washing area for ritual hand washing.
4. Christian Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 4, the Christian Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Christian passengers to pray. The room is equipped with a Bible, prayer books, and a peaceful atmosphere for meditation.
Overall, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of all faiths to use. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for prayer and meditation, and are easily accessible throughout the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace Facilities: For those who need to get work done while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of workstations located throughout the terminal, which are equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are perfect for those who need to catch up on emails, make phone calls, or complete other work-related tasks.
In addition to the workstations, the airport also has several business centers that offer more extensive workspace facilities. These centers are equipped with private offices, conference rooms, and other amenities that are ideal for business travelers who need a quiet and professional environment to work in.
Overall, Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities that are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to stay connected to the internet or get some work done, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable during your time there.
The following is a list of lounges located in Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport:
- United Club – Located in Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B1
- Delta Sky Club – Located in Terminal 1, Concourse A, near Gate A7
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Located in Terminal 1, Concourse F, near Gate E2
- The Club at FLL – Located in Terminal 4, Concourse D, between Gates D11 and D12
- Lufthansa Business Lounge – Located in Terminal 4, Concourse D, near Gate D30
Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs and preferences of travelers. Whether you are seeking an affordable stay or a luxurious experience, there are several choices available within close proximity to the airport. Here, we present a comprehensive list of accommodation options, covering a spectrum from budget-friendly alternatives to more upscale establishments:
1. Budget-Friendly Hotels:
– Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale – Located just a short drive away, this no-frills hotel offers affordable rates and comfortable rooms.
– Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port – This budget-friendly option provides basic amenities and a convenient location near the airport.
– Super 8 by Wyndham Dania/Fort Lauderdale Airport – Within a short distance, this hotel offers simple accommodations at attractively low rates.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
– Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port – Situated near the airport, this hotel boasts modern rooms, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool.
– Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport – Offering comfortable accommodations, a 24-hour fitness center, and free airport shuttle service, this hotel is perfect for travelers seeking a balance between affordability and comfort.
– Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port – This hotel features spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast, and a convenient location near both the airport and cruise port.
3. Upscale Hotels:
– Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel – Combining elegance with convenience, this upscale hotel offers a fitness center, outdoor pool, on-site dining, and well-appointed rooms.
– Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport – With a business center, recreational facilities, and stylishly decorated rooms, this hotel caters to the needs of discerning travelers.
– Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton – While a little further away from the airport, this luxury resort offers lavish amenities including several pools, multiple dining options, spa facilities, and a stunning beachfront location.
4. Extended Stay Options:
– Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port – Ideal for those requiring a longer stay, these suite-style accommodations provide kitchenettes, a complimentary hot breakfast, and a shuttle service.
– Staybridge Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport – This extended stay hotel offers spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool.
Please note that prices may vary based on dates, availability, and individual bookings. It is recommended to check each hotel’s website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information regarding rates and amenities.
1. Port Everglades: Located just a short distance from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades is one of the busiest cruise ports in the world. It offers a picturesque waterfront with stunning views, a variety of shops, restaurants, and the chance to spot massive cruise ships up close.
2. Las Olas Boulevard: Considered the heart and soul of Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas Boulevard is a charming stretch that offers a mix of upscale boutiques, art galleries, trendy restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. This pedestrian-friendly area is perfect for leisurely walks and offers a taste of the city’s vibrant culture.
3. Fort Lauderdale Beach: Known for its pristine sandy shores and crystal-clear waters, Fort Lauderdale Beach is an iconic attraction. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, water sports, or simply strolling along the beautiful promenade while enjoying scenic views. The beach is also lined with beachfront cafes and bars, allowing for a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
4. Museum of Discovery and Science: A popular destination for families and science enthusiasts, the Museum of Discovery and Science offers hands-on exhibits and interactive displays. Visitors can enjoy a IMAX movie, explore the Everglades exhibit, get up close with marine life, or learn about space exploration.
5. Bonnet House Museum and Gardens: Nestled amidst lush tropical gardens, the Bonnet House Museum offers a glimpse into Florida’s history. This historic estate features a beautiful art collection, period furnishings, and captivating artifacts. Exploring the tranquil gardens with its native wildlife is a serene experience.
6. Hugh Taylor Birch State Park: This scenic park is a natural oasis located just moments away from the airport. Visitors can enjoy activities such as hiking, picnicking, cycling, or kayaking through the park’s freshwater lagoons, mangrove swamps, and scenic coastal dunes. The park also offers tram tours for those looking for a more informative experience.
7. Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino: For those seeking an exciting night out, the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino offers world-class gaming, live entertainment, and a vibrant nightlife scene. The complex includes multiple restaurants, bars, shopping boutiques, and even a massive guitar-shaped hotel.
8. Butterfly World: Situated in nearby Coconut Creek, Butterfly World is the largest butterfly park in the world. Visitors can walk through beautifully landscaped gardens filled with hundreds of butterfly species from around the globe. There are also aviaries, botanical gardens, and a hummingbird exhibit to explore.
9. Sawgrass Mills: Just a short drive away, Sawgrass Mills is one of the largest outlet malls in the United States. With over 300 stores, ranging from luxury brands to popular retailers, visitors can enjoy impressive discounts on fashion, electronics, homeware, and more.
10. Intracoastal Waterway: The Intracoastal Waterway offers a unique way to explore Fort Lauderdale’s waterways. Visitors can take a boat tour or rent a boat to cruise along the scenic canals, passing luxurious waterfront mansions, mega yachts, and lively waterfront restaurants and bars.
These attractions near Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport provide a range of experiences, from beach relaxation to cultural exploration, ensuring a memorable visit for travelers.
History of Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is located in Broward County, Florida, and serves the Greater Fort Lauderdale area. The airport was originally built in 1929 as a small airfield known as Merle Fogg Field. In 1942, the United States Army Air Forces took over the airfield and renamed it Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale. During World War II, the airfield was used as a training base for pilots and aircrew.
After the war, the airfield was returned to civilian control and renamed Fort Lauderdale Airport. In the 1950s and 1960s, the airport underwent several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1953, the airport’s first terminal building was constructed, and in 1959, the runway was extended to 7,000 feet.
In 1981, the airport was renamed Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport to reflect its growing importance as a gateway to the Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale areas. Today, FLL is one of the fastest-growing airports in the United States, serving over 36 million passengers annually. The airport has four terminals and offers non-stop flights to over 100 domestic and international destinations. FLL is also home to several airlines, including JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit Airlines.
Other Airports in Florida, United States
- Bob Sikes Airport
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip
- Charlotte County Airport
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Duke Field
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Homestead ARB Airport
- Hurlburt Field
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Jacksonville Naval Air Station (Towers Field)
- Key West International Airport
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Lakeland Linder International Airport
- Leesburg International Airport
- Mac Dill Air Force Base
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport
- Miami Executive Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Naples Municipal Airport
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport
- Naval Air Station Key West/Boca Chica Field
- Naval Air Station Pensacola Forrest Sherman Field
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Page Field
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Pensacola International Airport
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Space Coast Regional Airport
- St Lucie County International Airport
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport
- Tallahassee Regional Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- The Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Vero Beach Regional Airport
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station – North
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station South Airport