Fort Nelson Airport is a small airport located in the northeastern part of British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Northern Rockies and is an important hub for the oil and gas industry in the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Fort Nelson Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Fort Nelson Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Nelson Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Fort Nelson Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Fort Nelson Airport
Fort Nelson Airport is located in Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. It is a small airport that serves the local community and surrounding areas. There are a few ways to get to Fort Nelson Airport, depending on your location and mode of transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is located just off the Alaska Highway, approximately 5 kilometers south of Fort Nelson. Follow the signs for the airport and turn onto Airport Drive. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
If you are taking public transportation, there are a few options available. The Fort Nelson Transit System operates a shuttle service to and from the airport, with stops at various locations throughout the town. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or ride-sharing service to the airport.
If you are flying into Fort Nelson Airport, there are several airlines that operate flights to and from the airport, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Central Mountain Air. The airport has a small terminal building with basic amenities, including a cafe and gift shop. There is also a car rental service available at the airport if you need to rent a vehicle during your stay in Fort Nelson.
Fort Nelson Airport is a small airport located in Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Northern Rockies and is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. If you are planning a trip to Fort Nelson, it is important to know your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some of the transportation options available:
1. Car rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Budget, Enterprise, and National. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan on exploring the area on your own.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal. The fare to downtown Fort Nelson is approximately $20.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate in Fort Nelson, offering transportation to and from the airport. Some of the popular shuttle services include Northern Rockies Lodge Shuttle, Fort Nelson Shuttle, and Northern Rockies Taxi and Shuttle.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available at the airport. However, the Fort Nelson Transit System operates in the town, offering bus service to various locations.
5. Hotel shuttle: Some hotels in Fort Nelson offer shuttle service to and from the airport. If you are staying at a hotel, it is worth checking if they offer this service.
In conclusion, Fort Nelson Airport offers several transportation options to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, or use a shuttle service, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Fort Nelson Airport offers two parking options for travelers: short-term and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and each additional hour is $2.50. The maximum daily rate for short-term parking is $15.
Long-term parking is located a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who will be away for an extended period. The daily rate for long-term parking is $10, and the weekly rate is $60.
Both short-term and long-term parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosks located in the terminal building or at the parking lot exit.
Car Rental at Fort Nelson Airport
- National Car Rental
- Sunshine Rent-A-Car
Fort Nelson Airport is a small regional airport located in the northeastern part of British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and the other for cargo. The passenger terminal is a modern facility that offers a comfortable waiting area, a café, and free Wi-Fi. The terminal is equipped with all the necessary amenities to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
The cargo terminal at Fort Nelson Airport is a vital hub for the transportation of goods and supplies to the surrounding communities. The terminal is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology to handle a wide range of cargo, including oversized and hazardous materials. The cargo terminal is staffed by experienced professionals who ensure that all cargo is handled safely and efficiently.
Both terminals at Fort Nelson Airport are operated by the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality. The airport is an important transportation hub for the region, connecting the local communities to major cities across Canada. The airport plays a crucial role in supporting the local economy by facilitating the movement of people and goods in and out of the region. Overall, Fort Nelson Airport is a well-maintained facility that provides essential services to the local community and beyond.
- Air Canada Express operated by Jazz Aviation LP offers daily direct flights to Vancouver International Airport.
- WestJet Encore offers direct flights to Vancouver International Airport.
- Central Mountain Air offers direct flights to Edmonton International Airport and Calgary International Airport.
- Northern Thunderbird Air offers charter services to various destinations.
Fort Nelson Airport is a small regional airport located in the northern part of British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport security team is responsible for enforcing these protocols and ensuring that all passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights.
The security protocols at Fort Nelson Airport include the use of metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. All passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detectors. Any items that cannot be screened, such as liquids or gels, are not allowed through security and must be disposed of or placed in checked baggage.
In addition to screening passengers and their belongings, the security team also monitors the airport premises for any suspicious activity. They work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that any potential threats are identified and addressed promptly. Overall, the security protocols at Fort Nelson Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff, and to ensure that air travel remains a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Fort Nelson Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance with any queries or concerns that passengers may have. They can help with everything from flight information and baggage handling to wheelchair assistance and medical emergencies.
For passengers with reduced mobility, Fort Nelson Airport provides wheelchair assistance and accessible facilities throughout the terminal building. The airport also has a dedicated parking area for disabled passengers, located close to the terminal entrance. Passengers requiring medical assistance can contact the airport’s first aid team, who are trained to deal with a range of medical emergencies.
Fort Nelson Airport also offers a range of other services to make traveling easier and more convenient. These include baggage storage facilities, currency exchange, and car rental services. The airport’s dining and shopping options provide passengers with a range of choices for food and retail therapy. Overall, Fort Nelson Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience when traveling through the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Airport Café: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Café offers a variety of freshly prepared meals, snacks, and beverages.
2. The Fort Nelson Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Fort Nelson Airport Gift Shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items.
3. The Airport Lounge: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Lounge provides a relaxing atmosphere for travelers to unwind before their flight.
4. The Airport Bar: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
5. The Airport Deli: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Deli offers a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, and other light meals.
6. The Airport Bookstore: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Bookstore offers a selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Fort Nelson Airport, located in British Columbia, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their faith and offer prayers.
The airport has two prayer rooms located in the terminal building. The first prayer room is located on the second floor, near the departure gates. This room is open to all passengers and visitors and is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and other religious literature.
The second prayer room is located on the first floor, near the baggage claim area. This room is also open to all passengers and visitors and is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and other religious literature.
In addition to the prayer rooms, the airport also has a chapel located in the terminal building. The chapel is open to all passengers and visitors and is equipped with religious literature, a Bible, and a cross.
All of these areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their faith and offer prayers. The airport staff ensures that these areas are clean and well-maintained, and they are available 24/7 for passengers and visitors to use.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Fort Nelson Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities to its passengers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work on their devices while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, ensuring that passengers can easily access the internet without any interruptions.
In addition to WiFi, Fort Nelson Airport also has a designated workspace area for passengers who need to work on their laptops or other devices. The workspace area is equipped with comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets, making it an ideal spot for business travelers or anyone who needs to get some work done while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Fort Nelson Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable environment for passengers to stay connected and productive while traveling.
- The Fort Nelson Airport Executive Lounge – Located on the Departures level of the Fort Nelson Airport, this lounge provides a quiet, comfortable atmosphere with complimentary snacks and beverages.
- The Fort Nelson Airport Business Lounge – Located on the Departures level of the Fort Nelson Airport, this lounge offers a range of business services and amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi, printing and scanning facilities.
- The Fort Nelson Airport First Class Lounge – Located on the Departures level of the Fort Nelson Airport, this lounge offers a range of luxury amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant, and a selection of premium spirits and wines.
Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Nelson Airport
1. Fort Nelson Hotel: Located just a short drive from the Fort Nelson Airport, the Fort Nelson Hotel offers a variety of accommodations, including standard rooms, suites, and extended stay options.
2. Northern Rockies Lodge: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Northern Rockies Lodge offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
3. Northern Rockies Inn: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Northern Rockies Inn offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
4. Northern Rockies Resort: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Northern Rockies Resort offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
5. Northern Rockies Motel: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Northern Rockies Motel offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
6. Northern Rockies Bed & Breakfast: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Northern Rockies Bed & Breakfast offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
1. Fort Nelson Heritage Museum: This museum showcases the history of Fort Nelson and the surrounding area, including exhibits on the fur trade, the Alaska Highway, and local wildlife.
2. Northern Rockies Regional Recreation Centre: This facility offers a variety of recreational activities, including a swimming pool, ice rink, fitness centre, and indoor playground.
3. Fort Nelson Demonstration Forest: This forest features hiking trails, picnic areas, and interpretive displays that highlight the importance of sustainable forestry practices.
4. Liard River Hot Springs Provincial Park: Located approximately 60 km south of Fort Nelson, this park is home to natural hot springs that are open year-round for soaking and relaxation.
5. Stone Mountain Provincial Park: This park offers stunning views of the Rocky Mountains, as well as hiking trails, fishing opportunities, and camping facilities.
6. Muskwa-Kechika Management Area: This vast wilderness area is home to a diverse array of wildlife, including grizzly bears, caribou, and wolves. Visitors can explore the area on foot or by boat.
7. Summit Lake Provincial Park: This park is located approximately 50 km north of Fort Nelson and offers camping, fishing, and hiking opportunities, as well as stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
8. Fort Nelson River: This river is a popular destination for fishing, kayaking, and canoeing, and is home to a variety of fish species, including rainbow trout and arctic grayling.
History of Fort Nelson Airport
Fort Nelson Airport is located in the town of Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was turned over to the Canadian government and became a civilian airport.
In the 1950s, the airport underwent major renovations and upgrades to accommodate larger aircraft. The runway was extended and a new terminal building was constructed. The airport continued to grow and expand throughout the years, with additional upgrades and renovations taking place in the 1970s and 1990s.
Today, Fort Nelson Airport is a modern facility that serves as a vital transportation hub for the region. It provides regular scheduled flights to major cities in Canada, as well as charter flights for the oil and gas industry. The airport also plays an important role in emergency response, providing a base for air ambulance services and firefighting aircraft. Overall, Fort Nelson Airport has a rich history and continues to be an important part of the community.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport