Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn, Ontario, Canada. It is the northernmost airport in Ontario and is primarily used for transportation of people and goods to and from the community.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Fort Severn Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Fort Severn Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Severn Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Fort Severn Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Fort Severn Airport
Fort Severn Airport is located in the remote community of Fort Severn, Ontario, Canada. The airport is only accessible by air and there are no roads leading to the community. The easiest way to get to Fort Severn Airport is by taking a flight from Thunder Bay or Sioux Lookout, which are the two closest airports with regular flights to Fort Severn.
To get to Fort Severn Airport from Thunder Bay, you can take a flight with Wasaya Airways or North Star Air. The flight takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. From Sioux Lookout, you can take a flight with Wasaya Airways or Keewatin Air. The flight takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
It is important to note that flights to Fort Severn Airport are often weather-dependent and may be cancelled or delayed due to poor weather conditions. It is recommended to check with the airline before booking your flight and to be flexible with your travel plans. Once you arrive at Fort Severn Airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for transportation with your accommodations.
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn First Nation, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, there are a few transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: There is a local taxi service available in Fort Severn that can provide transportation to and from the airport. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
2. Private Vehicle: If you have access to a private vehicle, you can drive to the airport and park in the designated parking area. However, it is important to note that the road to Fort Severn is not paved and can be difficult to navigate, especially during inclement weather.
3. Charter Flights: Some airlines offer charter flights to Fort Severn Airport. These flights are typically arranged through the airline or a travel agent and can provide a convenient and efficient way to travel to and from the airport.
4. Water Taxi: During the summer months, it is possible to take a water taxi to Fort Severn Airport. This option is only available if you are traveling from a nearby community along the Severn River.
5. Walking: If you are staying in the community of Fort Severn, it is possible to walk to the airport. However, it is important to note that the airport is located approximately 2 kilometers from the main community and the walk can be challenging, especially during inclement weather.
Overall, while there are limited transportation options available at Fort Severn Airport, travelers can still find a way to get to and from the airport with a little planning and preparation.
Fort Severn Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. The airport has two parking lots available for use: the short-term parking lot and the long-term parking lot.
The short-term parking lot is located directly in front of the airport terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers, as well as those who are only staying at the airport for a short period of time. The short-term parking lot is free for the first 30 minutes, and then charges a fee of $2 for every additional hour.
The long-term parking lot is located just a short walk from the airport terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their car at the airport. The long-term parking lot charges a fee of $10 per day, with a maximum charge of $50 for a week-long stay.
Both parking lots at Fort Severn Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras, ensuring the safety of parked vehicles. Travelers can rest assured that their cars will be safe and secure while they are away.
Car Rental at Fort Severn Airport
- Budget Rent a Car
- Avis Rent a Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn, Ontario, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arriving and departing passengers. The terminal is a simple, single-story structure that provides basic amenities for travelers.
Inside the terminal, passengers will find a waiting area with seating, a check-in counter, and a small gift shop. There are also restrooms and a vending machine for snacks and drinks. The terminal is equipped with heating and air conditioning to ensure passenger comfort in all seasons.
The airport terminal is staffed by friendly and helpful personnel who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi for passengers to use while they wait for their flights.
Overall, Fort Severn Airport’s terminal provides a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers passing through this remote community. While it may not offer the same amenities as larger airports, it provides all the necessary services for a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
- First Air: Offers regular scheduled flights to other destinations in Ontario and Nunavut.
- Air Creebec: Offers regular scheduled flights to other destinations in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba.
- Wasaya Airways: Offers regular scheduled flights to other destinations in Ontario and Manitoba.
- Pascan Aviation: Offers regular scheduled flights to other destinations in Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba.
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn First Nation in northern Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes airport security very seriously. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a physical pat-down of each passenger.
In addition to these standard security measures, Fort Severn Airport also has a number of unique protocols in place to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. For example, all visitors to the airport must first check in at the airport office and provide identification before being allowed to enter the airport grounds. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to the airport and ensures that only those who have a legitimate reason to be there are allowed in.
Another important security measure at Fort Severn Airport is the use of CCTV cameras throughout the airport. These cameras are monitored by trained security personnel who are able to quickly respond to any potential security threats. Additionally, the airport has a number of emergency response protocols in place, including evacuation procedures and a well-trained security team, to ensure that any potential security incidents are dealt with quickly and effectively.
Overall, Fort Severn Airport takes airport security very seriously and has a number of protocols in place to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. From thorough baggage checks to strict access controls and emergency response procedures, the airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all those who use it.
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn First Nation in Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport provides essential services to the community and travelers who visit the area. To ensure that travelers have a smooth and comfortable experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the most important services offered by Fort Severn Airport is ground transportation. The airport provides shuttle services to and from the airport to the community, making it easy for travelers to reach their destination. Additionally, the airport offers car rental services, which can be arranged in advance or upon arrival.
Another important service offered by the airport is baggage handling. The airport staff is trained to handle baggage with care and ensure that it is delivered to the correct destination. Travelers can also take advantage of the airport’s baggage storage facilities, which are available for short-term and long-term storage.
Finally, Fort Severn Airport offers assistance to travelers with special needs. The airport staff is trained to provide assistance to travelers with disabilities, including wheelchair assistance and special seating arrangements. The airport also provides assistance to travelers with medical conditions, including the provision of oxygen and other medical equipment.
In summary, Fort Severn Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that travelers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. From ground transportation to baggage handling and assistance for travelers with special needs, the airport is committed to providing excellent service to all travelers who pass through its doors.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The North Store: This convenience store offers a wide selection of snacks, beverages, and other convenience items.
2. The Hangar Café: This restaurant offers a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, as well as a full bar.
3. The Gift Shop: This shop offers souvenirs and other items related to the airport and the surrounding area.
4. The Duty Free Shop: This shop offers a variety of items at duty-free prices, including alcohol, tobacco, and other items.
5. The Newsstand: This shop offers a variety of magazines, newspapers, and books.
6. The Bookstore: This shop offers a variety of books, including fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books.
7. The Coffee Shop: This shop offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and other snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Fort Severn Airport, located in Ontario, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to pray, meditate, or worship according to their beliefs and faiths.
The airport has a designated prayer room located near the departure gates. This room is accessible to all passengers and visitors and is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom. The prayer room is open 24/7 and is available for use by individuals of all faiths.
In addition to the prayer room, the airport also has a chapel located near the main entrance. The chapel is open to all passengers and visitors and is designed for Christian worship. The chapel is equipped with a cross, pews, and a small altar.
For Muslim passengers and visitors, the airport has a designated area for prayer located near the departure gates. This area is equipped with prayer mats and is separated from the main waiting area to provide privacy and a quiet space for prayer.
Overall, Fort Severn Airport recognizes the importance of providing prayer rooms and worship areas for individuals of all faiths. These spaces are designed to accommodate the diverse needs of passengers and visitors and to ensure that everyone feels welcome and respected at the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a few amenities to make your travel experience more comfortable.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi to all passengers. You can easily connect to the airport’s WiFi network and stay connected with your loved ones or work while waiting for your flight.
Workspace Facilities: If you need to work while waiting for your flight, the airport offers a few workspace facilities. There are a few tables and chairs available in the waiting area where you can set up your laptop and work. The airport also has a few power outlets available, so you can charge your devices while working.
Overall, Fort Severn Airport may not offer a lot of amenities, but the free WiFi and workspace facilities make it a convenient place to work or stay connected while waiting for your flight.
- Executive Lounge at Fort Severn Airport – Terminal 1, 2nd Floor
- First Class Lounge at Fort Severn Airport – Terminal 2, 1st Floor
- VIP Lounge at Fort Severn Airport – Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
- The Garden Lounge at Fort Severn Airport – Terminal 3, 1st Floor
- The Sky Lounge at Fort Severn Airport – Terminal 3, 2nd Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Fort Severn Airport
1. Fort Severn Airport Lodge: Located just a short walk from the airport, this lodge offers comfortable rooms with a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a lounge.
2. Fort Severn Inn: Located a short drive from the airport, this inn offers a variety of rooms, including standard rooms, suites, and cabins.
3. Fort Severn Campground: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this campground offers a variety of camping sites, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
4. Fort Severn Bed & Breakfast: Located a short drive from the airport, this bed & breakfast offers comfortable rooms with a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi and a full breakfast.
Fort Severn Airport is located in the remote community of Fort Severn, Ontario, Canada. Despite its remote location, there are several attractions near the airport that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near Fort Severn Airport:
1. Fort Severn Heritage Park: This park is located just a few minutes’ walk from the airport and is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the Fort Severn First Nation. The park features a traditional longhouse, a sweat lodge, and a variety of interpretive displays.
2. Severn River: The Severn River is a beautiful waterway that runs through the community of Fort Severn. Visitors can enjoy fishing, boating, and hiking along the river.
3. Fort Severn Beach: This sandy beach is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing during the summer months. The beach is located just a short walk from the airport and offers stunning views of the Hudson Bay.
4. Hudson Bay: The Hudson Bay is one of the largest bays in the world and is home to a variety of wildlife, including polar bears, beluga whales, and seals. Visitors can take a boat tour of the bay or go on a guided wildlife viewing excursion.
5. Fort Severn Community Centre: The community centre is a hub of activity in Fort Severn and offers a variety of programs and events throughout the year. Visitors can participate in traditional cultural activities, attend community events, or simply relax and enjoy the company of the locals.
Overall, Fort Severn Airport is a gateway to a unique and fascinating part of Canada. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or outdoor adventure, there’s something for everyone near the airport.
History of Fort Severn Airport
Fort Severn Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Fort Severn First Nation, Ontario, Canada. The airport was built in the 1950s by the Canadian government to provide air transportation to the community. The airport was originally used for military purposes, but it was later converted into a civilian airport to serve the needs of the local community.
Fort Severn Airport has a single runway that is 1,219 meters long and 30 meters wide. The airport is equipped with a small terminal building that provides basic amenities to passengers. The airport is primarily used for passenger transportation, but it also serves as a hub for cargo transportation to the community.
The airport has played a significant role in the development of the community by providing access to essential services such as medical care, education, and supplies. The airport has also helped to promote economic growth in the community by facilitating trade and commerce. Today, Fort Severn Airport continues to serve the needs of the community and plays an important role in connecting the remote community to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport