Fort St John Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Peace River Region and provides essential air services to the local community and surrounding areas. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and offers a range of amenities to ensure a comfortable travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Fort St John Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Fort St John Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Fort St John Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Fort St John Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Fort St John Airport
Fort St John Airport is located approximately 7.5 kilometers northeast of the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or shuttle bus.
If you are driving, take the Alaska Highway and turn onto the Fort St John Bypass. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located on the east side of the highway. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
Alternatively, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle bus to take you to the airport. Several local taxi companies offer airport transportation services, and there are also shuttle bus services available from nearby hotels and other locations in the city.
It is recommended that you plan to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your scheduled departure time, to allow for check-in and security screening. Once you arrive at the airport, check the flight information displays to confirm your flight details and gate number, and proceed to the appropriate check-in counter.
Fort St John Airport is a small regional airport located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and can take you to your destination in Fort St John or surrounding areas. The fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget, Enterprise, and National. Renting a car is a convenient option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate in Fort St John, providing transportation to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Public Transportation: The Fort St John Transit System operates several bus routes throughout the city, including one that stops at the airport. The fare is affordable, and the buses are equipped with bike racks.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are not available in Fort St John. However, there are several local companies that offer similar services, including Peace Country Shuttle and Northern Lights Limousine.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it’s important to plan ahead and book in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey to and from Fort St John Airport.
Fort St John Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and after that, it costs $2 per hour.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their car at the airport. The cost for long-term parking is $12 per day.
3. Oversized vehicle parking: This parking area is located near the long-term parking area and is designed for vehicles that are larger than a standard car. This includes RVs, trailers, and buses. The cost for oversized vehicle parking is $20 per day.
4. Disabled parking: There are several designated disabled parking spots located in the short-term parking area. These spots are reserved for those with a valid disabled parking permit and are free of charge.
Overall, Fort St John Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a short period of time or an extended period, there is a parking area that will meet your needs.
Car Rental at Fort St John Airport
Fort St John Airport is a regional airport located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a single-story building that houses the check-in counters, security screening, and baggage claim area. The terminal also has a small café and gift shop for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
The international terminal is a two-story building that was built in 2015 to accommodate the growing number of international flights to and from Fort St John. The terminal has a spacious check-in area, customs and immigration facilities, and a departure lounge with comfortable seating and charging stations. The terminal also has a restaurant and bar, as well as a duty-free shop for passengers to purchase tax-free goods.
Both terminals at Fort St John Airport are modern and well-equipped to handle the needs of passengers. The airport offers a range of services, including free Wi-Fi, wheelchair assistance, and car rental services. The airport also has ample parking facilities for both short-term and long-term parking. Overall, Fort St John Airport is a convenient and comfortable airport for travelers visiting northeastern British Columbia.
- Air Canada: Offers daily non-stop flights to and from Calgary, Alberta
- WestJet: Offers daily non-stop flights to and from Calgary, Alberta
- Central Mountain Air: Offers daily non-stop flights to and from Vancouver, British Columbia
- Northwestern Air Lease: Offers daily non-stop flights to and from Edmonton, Alberta
Fort St John Airport is a regional airport located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety and security of its passengers, staff, and facilities. The airport follows the guidelines set by Transport Canada and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to ensure compliance with national security standards.
All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes a thorough check of carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a full-body scan using advanced imaging technology. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and any metal objects before passing through the security checkpoint. Liquids, gels, and aerosols are also subject to strict restrictions and must be placed in a clear plastic bag for inspection.
The airport also employs a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and conduct random checks of passengers and their belongings. In addition, the airport has installed surveillance cameras throughout the facility to monitor activity and ensure compliance with security protocols. The airport also has a strict policy regarding the use of drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the vicinity of the airport.
Overall, Fort St John Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety and security of its passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport well in advance of their scheduled departure time to allow for sufficient time to pass through security screening.
Fort St John Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport facilities, as well as assist with lost or damaged luggage.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, Fort St John Airport provides a range of accessibility services. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible washrooms. The airport also has a hearing loop system installed in the terminal building to assist passengers with hearing impairments.
In addition to these services, Fort St John Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable. These include free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a variety of food and beverage options. The airport also has a gift shop where travelers can purchase souvenirs or last-minute travel essentials. Overall, Fort St John Airport is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a pleasant and hassle-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Fort St John Airport Café: This café offers a variety of snacks and beverages, including coffee, tea, and pastries.
2. The Fort St John Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a selection of souvenirs and gifts, including books, toys, and clothing.
3. The Fort St John Airport Bar: This bar offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine, and cocktails.
4. The Fort St John Airport Restaurant: This restaurant offers a variety of hot and cold meals, including sandwiches, salads, and burgers.
5. The Fort St John Airport Deli: This deli offers a selection of freshly-made sandwiches and salads.
6. The Fort St John Airport Convenience Store: This store offers a selection of snacks, beverages, and other convenience items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Fort St John Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal building.
1. Christian Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator for the convenience of Muslim passengers.
3. Multi-Faith Meditation Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for meditation and prayer.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open 24/7. They are maintained regularly to ensure cleanliness and comfort for all users. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to make use of these facilities during their time at Fort St John Airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Fort St John Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides a comfortable workspace for travelers who need to get some work done. The airport has a business center equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for you to work on your laptop or charge your devices.
The airport also has a lounge area where you can relax and unwind before your flight. The lounge is equipped with comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets, making it a great place to catch up on some work or read a book.
Overall, Fort St John Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that your travel experience is as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Kruger Lounge: Located in the main terminal of Fort St John Airport
- Airport Lounge: Located in the International Terminal of Fort St John Airport
- First Class Lounge: Located in the International Terminal of Fort St John Airport
- VIP Lounge: Located in the International Terminal of Fort St John Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Fort St John Airport
1. Best Western Plus Chateau Inn & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the Fort St John Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Super 8 by Wyndham Fort St John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness centre, and a business centre.
3. Ramada by Wyndham Fort St John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness centre.
4. Comfort Inn & Suites Fort St John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
5. Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre Fort St John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness centre.
1. Charlie Lake Provincial Park: Located just 10 minutes from Fort St John Airport, this park offers a beautiful lake for fishing, boating, and swimming, as well as hiking trails and picnic areas.
2. North Peace Cultural Centre: This cultural center is just a 15-minute drive from the airport and hosts a variety of events, including concerts, theater productions, and art exhibits.
3. Fort St John Farmers’ Market: Held every Saturday from May to October, this market is a great place to find fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
4. Beatton Provincial Park: This park is located about 20 minutes from the airport and offers hiking trails, a beach, and a campground.
5. Alaska Highway House: This museum is located in downtown Fort St John and tells the story of the construction of the Alaska Highway during World War II.
6. Peace River Valley Lookout: This scenic viewpoint is located about 30 minutes from the airport and offers stunning views of the Peace River Valley.
7. Hudson’s Hope Museum: This museum is located in the town of Hudson’s Hope, about 45 minutes from the airport, and showcases the history of the area.
8. Kiskatinaw Bridge: This historic wooden bridge is located about an hour from the airport and is a popular spot for photos and sightseeing.
9. Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre: This wildlife center is located about an hour and a half from the airport and offers guided tours to see wolves and other animals.
10. Tumbler Ridge Global Geopark: This geopark is located about two hours from the airport and features hiking trails, waterfalls, and dinosaur fossils.
History of Fort St John Airport
Fort St John Airport is a regional airport located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The airport was established in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and has since served as a vital transportation hub for the region.
In the early days, the airport was primarily used for bush flying and charter flights. However, with the growth of the oil and gas industry in the region, the airport has become an important hub for commercial flights as well. Today, the airport serves several major airlines, including Air Canada and WestJet, and offers daily flights to major cities across Canada.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region. In 2011, a new terminal building was constructed, featuring modern amenities and state-of-the-art facilities. The airport also boasts a 7,500-foot runway, making it capable of accommodating larger aircraft.
Fort St John Airport continues to play a critical role in the economic development of northeastern British Columbia, providing essential air transportation services to residents, businesses, and industries in the region.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport