Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is an international airport located in Porto, Portugal. It is the second busiest airport in the country, serving over 12 million passengers annually. The airport is named after the former Prime Minister of Portugal, who died in a plane crash near the airport in 1980.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
- Other Airports in Oporto District, Portugal
How to Get to Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is located in the city of Porto, Portugal. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, bus, and metro.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the A28 motorway. There are several car parks available at the airport, including short-term and long-term options.
Taxis are readily available throughout Porto and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey from the city center to the airport takes approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
There are also several bus routes that serve the airport, including the 601, 602, and 604. These buses run regularly throughout the day and connect the airport to various parts of the city.
Finally, the metro is another convenient option for getting to the airport. Line E (Violet) runs directly to the airport from the city center and takes approximately 30 minutes.
Overall, there are several convenient and affordable options for getting to Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, making it easy to travel to and from Porto.
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, also known as Porto Airport, is the second busiest airport in Portugal. It is located approximately 11 kilometers from the city center of Porto. There are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Metro: The metro is the most convenient and affordable way to get to the airport. The E line connects the airport to the city center and takes approximately 30 minutes. The metro runs from 6:00 am to 1:00 am and tickets can be purchased at the station.
2. Bus: There are several bus routes that connect the airport to the city center and surrounding areas. The 601 and 602 buses run from the airport to the city center and take approximately 40 minutes. Tickets can be purchased on the bus.
3. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The journey to the city center takes approximately 20 minutes and costs around €20-€30. Taxis are a good option for those with heavy luggage or traveling in a group.
4. Car rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport. Renting a car is a good option for those who want to explore the surrounding areas of Porto. However, driving in the city can be challenging and parking can be difficult to find.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer companies offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to and from the airport. The driver will meet you at the airport and take you directly to your destination. Prices vary depending on the company and the distance traveled.
Overall, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport. The metro and bus are the most affordable options, while taxis and private transfers offer convenience and comfort. It is important to choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport offers several car parking options for passengers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. P0 – Covered Parking: This car park is located right in front of the terminal building and is ideal for short-term parking. It has a capacity of 1,200 vehicles and is open 24/7.
2. P1 – Covered Parking: This car park is located next to P0 and is also ideal for short-term parking. It has a capacity of 1,200 vehicles and is open 24/7.
3. P2 – Covered Parking: This car park is located a bit further away from the terminal building and is ideal for long-term parking. It has a capacity of 2,500 vehicles and is open 24/7.
4. P3 – Open Parking: This car park is located next to P2 and is also ideal for long-term parking. It has a capacity of 1,000 vehicles and is open 24/7.
5. P4 – Low-Cost Parking: This car park is located a bit further away from the terminal building and is ideal for budget-conscious travelers. It has a capacity of 1,000 vehicles and is open 24/7.
All car parks at Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport are equipped with CCTV cameras and are patrolled regularly by security personnel. Passengers can pay for their parking using cash or credit/debit cards at the automated payment machines located in each car park.
Car Rental at Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, also known as Porto Airport, is the second busiest airport in Portugal, serving over 12 million passengers annually. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a covered walkway.
Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles the majority of the airport’s flights. It has three levels, with the arrivals area on the ground floor, departures on the first floor, and a mezzanine level with shops and restaurants. The terminal has a wide range of facilities, including duty-free shops, cafes, restaurants, and lounges. It also has a VIP area for premium passengers and a business center for those who need to work while waiting for their flight.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is used mainly by low-cost airlines. It has a single level with separate areas for arrivals and departures. The terminal has fewer facilities than Terminal 1, but still offers a range of shops, cafes, and restaurants.
Both terminals have excellent transport links, with buses, taxis, and a metro station located just outside the terminals. The airport also has a large car park with over 4,000 spaces, making it easy for passengers to park and fly. Overall, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport’s terminals offer a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers traveling to and from Porto.
1. TAP Air Portugal
5. Vueling Airlines
6. Air Europa
7. Azores Airlines
8. Wizz Air
10. British Airways
11. Air France
13. Swiss International Air Lines
14. Turkish Airlines
16. Qatar Airways
17. Royal Air Maroc
18. SATA Air Açores
19. Iberia Express
20. Air Transat.
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, located in Porto, Portugal, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport follows the guidelines set by the European Union Aviation Security Regulations, which include measures such as baggage screening, body scanning, and metal detectors.
Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the security checkpoint. Liquids and gels must be placed in a clear plastic bag and presented for inspection. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are confiscated and the passenger may face legal consequences.
The airport also employs trained security personnel who monitor the premises and conduct random checks on passengers and their belongings. In addition, the airport has installed CCTV cameras throughout the terminal to ensure that any suspicious activity is detected and dealt with promptly.
Overall, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport in advance of their flight to allow sufficient time for security checks.
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, also known as Porto Airport, is the second busiest airport in Portugal. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. These services are designed to cater to the needs of travelers with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is the Special Assistance Service. This service is available to passengers with reduced mobility, including those who use wheelchairs or have other mobility impairments. The service provides assistance with check-in, security, and boarding, as well as help with navigating the airport and accessing facilities such as restrooms and restaurants.
In addition to the Special Assistance Service, the airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage wrapping, luggage storage, and lost and found services. There are also baby changing facilities and play areas for families with young children, as well as a range of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights. Overall, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is committed to providing a high level of traveler’s assistance to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, located in Porto, Portugal, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, and souvenirs. It is located in the departures area and is open 24 hours a day.
– Fashion Gate: This shop sells clothing, accessories, and travel essentials. It is located in the departures area and is open from 5:00am to 11:00pm.
– Relay: This shop sells newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and drinks. It is located in the arrivals area and is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm.
– Burger King: This fast food chain offers burgers, fries, and drinks. It is located in the departures area and is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm.
– Costa Coffee: This coffee shop offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries. It is located in the departures area and is open from 5:00am to 11:00pm.
– Subway: This sandwich chain offers a variety of subs, salads, and drinks. It is located in the departures area and is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm.
Overall, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport provides a range of shopping and dining options for travelers to enjoy before their flights.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, also known as Porto Airport, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or simply find a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Catholic Chapel – Located on the ground floor of the airport, near the arrivals area, the Catholic Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and contemplation. It is equipped with an altar, pews, and religious icons.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport, near the food court. It is open 24/7 and features a prayer mat, a Quran, and a washroom for ablution.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport, near the boarding gates. It is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. It is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and a washroom for ablution.
All the prayer rooms and worship areas at Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport are free to use and open to all passengers, regardless of their religion or beliefs. They provide a peaceful and respectful environment for prayer and meditation, and are a testament to the airport’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, located in Porto, Portugal, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected and browse the internet at high speeds. The WiFi network is easy to connect to and does not require any login credentials.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. The Business Center, located in the departures area, provides a quiet and comfortable environment with desks, chairs, and power outlets. The center also offers printing, scanning, and faxing services for a fee.
In addition, the airport has several lounges that offer workspace facilities for their members. The ANA Lounge, located in the departures area, provides a quiet and comfortable space with workstations, power outlets, and free WiFi. The lounge also offers complimentary snacks and beverages.
For those who prefer a more casual setting, the airport has several cafes and restaurants that offer seating with power outlets. The Starbucks, located in the departures area, provides a cozy atmosphere with comfortable seating and free WiFi.
Overall, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has you covered.
The Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport in Porto, Portugal offers travelers a range of comfortable and convenient lounges for their convenience. Here are the available lounges and their locations:
- Salao VIP do Aeroporto do Porto (Departures, Floor 0): Located in the Departures area of the airport, this lounge offers a range of food and beverages, comfortable seating and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Salao VIP TAP (Departures, Floor 0): Located in the Departures area of the airport, this lounge offers complimentary drinks, snacks, newspapers and magazines, and Wi-Fi.
- VIP Lounge Porto (Departures, Floor 1): Located on the first floor of the Departures area, this lounge offers a range of food and beverages, comfortable seating, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Salao Executivo (Departures, Floor 2): Located on the second floor of the Departures area, this lounge offers a range of food and beverages, comfortable seating, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Sala de Desembarque (Arrivals, Floor 0): Located in the Arrivals area of the airport, this lounge offers complimentary Wi-Fi and comfortable seating.
Accomodation Options Nearby Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, located near Porto, Portugal, offers a range of accommodation options suited to all budgets and preferences. Whether you seek budget-friendly conveniences or luxurious indulgence, the airport area has something for everyone. Here are a few accommodation options you can consider:
1. Budget-Friendly Hotels:
– Park Hotel Porto Aeroporto: A cozy hotel located just a short distance from the airport offering comfortable rooms at affordable rates.
– Hotel Aeroporto: A budget-friendly, no-frills hotel conveniently situated near the airport with clean rooms and basic amenities.
– Hotel Pedras Rubras: Another economical choice near the airport, offering simplicity and comfort without breaking the bank.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
– Oporto Airport & Business Hotel: This modern hotel boasts contemporary rooms, a fitness center, free airport shuttle service, and an on-site restaurant and bar.
– Hotel Premium Aeroporto: A stylish mid-range hotel with spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast, and easy access to the airport via shuttle service.
– Porto Antas Hotel: A comfortable hotel located a bit further away from the airport, but still easily accessible, offering modern amenities and excellent customer service.
3. Luxury Hotels:
– Crowne Plaza Porto: A luxurious hotel with elegant rooms, upscale facilities including a spa, fitness center, swimming pool, and fine dining options.
– Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa: An upscale hotel featuring opulent rooms, an indulgent spa, multiple gourmet restaurants, and a coveted location near the airport.
– Hotel Boa Vista: A picturesque hotel with stunning ocean views, luxurious rooms, an outdoor pool, and a serene atmosphere, providing a retreat-like experience.
Remember to make your reservation in advance to secure your preferred accommodation. Explore the amenities offered by each establishment and choose the option that aligns with your needs and preferences. Happy travels!
1. Porto Old Town: Located just a short distance from Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, the Porto Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its narrow streets, stunning architecture, and vibrant atmosphere. Explore the historic Ribeira district, admire the iconic Dom Luis I Bridge, and indulge in the city’s famous port wine.
2. Casa da Musica: A contemporary concert hall designed by renowned architect Rem Koolhaas, Casa da Musica is a cultural gem that hosts symphonies, operas, and contemporary music performances. Visitors can also take guided tours and learn about the artistry behind this architectural masterpiece.
3. Livraria Lello: Considered one of the most enchanting bookstores in the world, Livraria Lello is a living tribute to literature and art. Its stunning neo-Gothic façade and breathtaking interior make it the perfect destination for book lovers and design enthusiasts alike.
4. Fundação Serralves: This modern art museum and surrounding park offer a captivating blend of contemporary exhibits, outdoor sculptures, and beautifully landscaped gardens. Take a leisurely stroll through the park, enjoy the tranquil ambiance, and immerse yourself in the world of contemporary art.
5. Matosinhos Beach: Located just a short drive from the airport, Matosinhos Beach is a popular spot for sun-seekers and surf enthusiasts. Aside from its beautiful sandy shores, this beach is also famous for its top-notch seafood restaurants, allowing visitors to savor the taste of the Atlantic while enjoying the ocean breeze.
6. Porto Cathedral: Majestically perched atop a hill, Porto Cathedral (Se do Porto) is a significant religious and architectural landmark. Admire the stunning views of the city from its terrace, explore the intricate cloister, and soak in the centuries of history encapsulated within its walls.
7. Port Wine Cellars: No visit to Porto would be complete without a visit to its renowned port wine cellars. Take a tour of the cellars, learn about the wine-making process, and enjoy a tasting of the city’s most famous export while overlooking the picturesque Douro River.
8. Foz do Douro: Located where the Douro River meets the Atlantic Ocean, Foz do Douro is a charming waterfront neighborhood known for its scenic beaches, upscale restaurants, and charming promenade. Take a leisurely stroll along the waterfront, enjoy a delicious seafood dinner, and witness breathtaking sunsets from the lighthouse perched on the rocky shore.
9. Clerigos Tower: Offering panoramic views of Porto’s skyline, Clerigos Tower is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. Climb the 240 steps to the top and be rewarded with a stunning panorama of Porto’s rooftops, the Douro River, and beyond.
10. Lello Bookstore: Yet another captivating bookstore in Porto, Lello Bookstore, with its awe-inspiring spiral staircase and ornate interiors, is a must-visit for book lovers. Rumored to have inspired J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, this bookstore is a true architectural and literary treasure.
History of Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport
Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport, also known as Porto Airport, is located in the city of Maia, Portugal. The airport was named after the former Prime Minister of Portugal, Francisco de Sa Carneiro, who died in a plane crash in 1980. The airport was officially opened in 1945, and since then, it has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the increasing number of passengers.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major renovation to modernize its facilities and increase its capacity. In 1985, a new terminal building was constructed to handle the growing number of passengers. In 2006, a new runway was built to accommodate larger aircraft, and in 2016, a new terminal building was opened to further increase the airport’s capacity.
Today, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is one of the busiest airports in Portugal, serving over 12 million passengers annually. It is a hub for several airlines, including TAP Air Portugal, Ryanair, and easyJet. The airport offers a wide range of services and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and car rental services. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport is an important gateway to Portugal and the rest of Europe.
Other Airports in Oporto District, Portugal