Fredericton Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region, connecting passengers to major cities across Canada and the United States. The airport offers a range of services and amenities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for its passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Fredericton Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Fredericton Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Fredericton Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Fredericton Airport
- Other Airports in New Brunswick, Canada
How to Get to Fredericton Airport
Fredericton Airport is located approximately 13 kilometers southeast of downtown Fredericton, New Brunswick. The easiest way to get to the airport is by car. If you are driving from downtown Fredericton, take Route 102 south and follow the signs for the airport. The drive should take approximately 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you do not have access to a car, there are several taxi and shuttle services available in Fredericton that can take you to the airport. You can book a taxi or shuttle in advance or simply hail one on the street. The cost of a taxi or shuttle ride to the airport will depend on your location in Fredericton and the time of day.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there is a bus service that runs from downtown Fredericton to the airport. The bus route is operated by Fredericton Transit and runs every hour during peak times. The cost of a one-way bus ticket is $2.75 CAD. Be sure to check the bus schedule in advance to ensure you arrive at the airport on time.
Fredericton International Airport is a small airport located in the city of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the transportation options available at Fredericton Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal building. The taxi stand is located at the front of the terminal building, and taxis are available 24/7. The fare from the airport to downtown Fredericton is approximately $20.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. The car rental counters are located in the arrivals area of the terminal building.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, providing transportation to various destinations in the city and surrounding areas. Some of the shuttle services available include Fredericton Shuttle, Maritime Bus, and Airport Express.
4. Public Transit: Fredericton Transit operates a bus service that connects the airport to various locations in the city. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and the fare is $2.75.
5. Limousine Service: Limousine services are available for those who prefer a more luxurious mode of transportation. Several companies offer limousine services from the airport, including Premiere Limousine and Fredericton Limo.
No matter what your transportation needs are, Fredericton Airport has a variety of options to choose from. Whether you prefer a taxi, rental car, shuttle service, public transit, or limousine service, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Fredericton Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The hourly rate is $2.50, and the daily maximum is $20.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but it offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $40.
4. Valet Parking: This is the most convenient parking option for those who want to save time and hassle. Simply drop off your car at the designated valet parking area, and a valet attendant will park it for you. The daily rate for valet parking is $25.
No matter which parking option you choose, Fredericton Airport provides safe and secure parking facilities with 24/7 surveillance.
Car Rental at Fredericton Airport
- Budget Car Rental Fredericton
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Fredericton
- Avis Car Rental Fredericton
- Hertz Fredericton Airport
- Discount Car and Truck Rentals Fredericton
- Thrifty Car Rental Fredericton
Fredericton Airport is a small airport located in the capital city of New Brunswick, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, offering a range of facilities and services to passengers.
The terminal building at Fredericton Airport is divided into two levels. The ground level is where passengers can find the check-in counters, baggage claim area, and car rental services. There are also a few shops and restaurants located on this level, including a duty-free store, a café, and a bar.
The upper level of the terminal is where passengers can find the departure gates and boarding areas. There are also a few more shops and restaurants located on this level, including a gift shop and a restaurant. The terminal is designed to be accessible for all passengers, with elevators and ramps available for those with mobility issues.
Overall, Fredericton Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-equipped facility that offers a range of services and amenities to passengers. Whether you’re arriving or departing from the airport, you’ll find everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Air Canada: Offering direct flights to Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Winnipeg.
- WestJet: Offering direct flights to Calgary and Halifax.
- Sunwing Airlines: Offering direct flights to Cancun, Punta Cana, and Varadero.
- Air Saint-Pierre: Offering direct flights to Saint Pierre.
- Air Labrador: Offering direct flights to Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
Fredericton Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols are designed to meet or exceed the standards set by Transport Canada and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
One of the key security measures at Fredericton Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. Passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened using state-of-the-art X-ray machines and metal detectors. In addition, all checked baggage is screened using explosive detection systems. This ensures that any potential threats are identified and dealt with before they can pose a risk to the safety of passengers and staff.
Another important security protocol at Fredericton Airport is the use of trained security personnel. All security staff undergo rigorous training to ensure that they are able to identify and respond to potential security threats. They are also trained in customer service to ensure that passengers are treated with respect and dignity throughout the screening process.
Finally, Fredericton Airport has implemented a number of access control measures to ensure that only authorized personnel are able to enter secure areas of the airport. This includes the use of security cameras, access control systems, and security checkpoints. These measures help to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive areas of the airport and ensure that only those who have a legitimate reason to be there are allowed in.
Overall, Fredericton Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Through the use of advanced screening technology, trained security personnel, and access control measures, the airport is able to identify and respond to potential security threats in a timely and effective manner.
Fredericton Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist with any queries or concerns, and can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport facilities.
For passengers with reduced mobility or special needs, Fredericton Airport offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible washrooms. The airport also has a dedicated security screening line for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions, to ensure a smooth and efficient screening process.
In addition, Fredericton Airport offers a range of amenities to make your travel experience more enjoyable, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a variety of food and beverage options. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Fredericton Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make your journey as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, Tim Hortons offers a wide selection of coffee, tea, and baked goods.
2. Subway: Subway offers a variety of sandwiches and salads for travelers looking for a quick meal.
3. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is located in the main terminal and offers a full menu of steak, seafood, and other delicious entrees.
4. The Burger Bar: The Burger Bar is located in the main terminal and offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other fast food favorites.
5. The Newsstand: The Newsstand offers a variety of magazines, newspapers, and snacks for travelers.
6. The Gift Shop: The Gift Shop offers a variety of souvenirs and gifts for travelers.
7. The Duty Free Shop: The Duty Free Shop offers a variety of duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
8. The Bookstore: The Bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Fredericton Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who require a quiet space for religious practices. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Fredericton Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open 24/7 for passengers of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and a washroom for ablution.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian Chapel is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. The chapel is open 24/7 and features a cross, religious texts, and seating for prayer and reflection.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a washroom for ablution, and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. The room is equipped with prayer books, a washroom for ablution, and a Torah scroll.
Passengers are welcome to use these prayer rooms and worship areas free of charge. The airport staff ensures that these spaces are kept clean and maintained for the comfort and convenience of passengers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Fredericton Airport offers free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected and catch up on work or entertainment while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable internet connectivity.
For those who need to get some work done, the airport also provides a comfortable and well-equipped workspace area. The workspace features ample seating, power outlets, and desk space, making it an ideal spot for business travelers or anyone who needs to work on the go.
In addition to the workspace area, the airport also has several cafes and restaurants where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee while they work or wait for their flights. These establishments offer comfortable seating, free WiFi, and a relaxed atmosphere, making them perfect for getting work done or simply relaxing before a flight.
Overall, Fredericton Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, making it a great choice for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go. Whether you’re a business traveler or just looking to catch up on some work or entertainment, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and comfortable during your travels.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is located in the main terminal building at the Fredericton International Airport.
- The United Club is located in the main terminal building at the Fredericton International Airport.
- The American Airlines Admirals Club is located in the main terminal building at the Fredericton International Airport.
- The Delta Sky Club is located in the main terminal building at the Fredericton International Airport.
- The Priority Pass Lounge is located in the main terminal building at the Fredericton International Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Fredericton Airport
1. The Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton: Located just minutes away from the Fredericton Airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
2. The Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook: This hotel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
3. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericton: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
4. The Comfort Inn & Suites Fredericton: This hotel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
5. The Best Western Plus Fredericton Hotel & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
1. Kings Landing Historical Settlement: Located just 20 minutes from Fredericton Airport, Kings Landing is a living history museum that offers visitors a glimpse into life in rural New Brunswick during the 19th century.
2. Fredericton Botanic Garden: This beautiful garden is located just 10 minutes from the airport and features a wide variety of plants and flowers, as well as several walking trails and picnic areas.
3. Odell Park: This large park is located just 15 minutes from the airport and offers visitors a wide range of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and picnicking.
4. Beaverbrook Art Gallery: Located in downtown Fredericton, just 20 minutes from the airport, the Beaverbrook Art Gallery is home to a large collection of Canadian and international art, including works by Salvador Dali and Andy Warhol.
5. The Playhouse: This performing arts center is located in downtown Fredericton and offers a wide range of live theater, music, and dance performances throughout the year.
6. Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market: This popular farmers market is located in downtown Fredericton and offers visitors a wide range of fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
7. Science East: This interactive science museum is located in downtown Fredericton and offers visitors of all ages the chance to explore the world of science through hands-on exhibits and activities.
8. Mactaquac Provincial Park: Located just 30 minutes from the airport, Mactaquac Provincial Park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering hiking trails, camping facilities, and a large lake for boating and fishing.
History of Fredericton Airport
Fredericton Airport, also known as Greater Fredericton International Airport, is located in the capital city of New Brunswick, Canada. The airport was first established in 1931 as a small airfield for private planes. In 1941, the Canadian government took over the airfield and expanded it for military use during World War II. After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and underwent further expansion to accommodate commercial flights.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. The airport continued to grow and attract more airlines, and in 1997, it was officially designated as an international airport. Today, the airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines, and offers direct flights to several Canadian and US destinations.
In recent years, the airport has undergone further upgrades and renovations, including the addition of a new parking garage and the expansion of the terminal building. The airport also prides itself on its commitment to sustainability, with initiatives such as a solar panel installation and a waste reduction program. Fredericton Airport continues to play an important role in the transportation infrastructure of New Brunswick and the surrounding region.
Other Airports in New Brunswick, Canada
- Charlo Airport
- Fredericton Airport
- Greater Moncton Romeo LeBlanc International Airport
- Miramichi Airport
- Saint John Airport
- St Leonard Airport