Garasa Airport is a domestic airport located in the Oro Province of Papua New Guinea. Serving as a gateway to the surrounding communities, it provides essential air connectivity and transportation services to domestic travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Garasa Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Garasa Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Garasa Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Garasa Airport
- Other Airports in Morobe, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Garasa Airport
To get to Garasa Airport in Papua New Guinea, there are a few options available. If you are travelling internationally, the most common route is to fly into Jacksons International Airport in Port Moresby, the capital city. From there, you can take a domestic flight to Garasa Airport, which usually involves a layover in either Mt. Hagen or Lae. Air Niugini, the national airline, operates regular flights to Garasa Airport from these locations.
If you are already in Papua New Guinea and looking to reach Garasa Airport, you can also take a domestic flight from other regional airports. Some airlines that offer domestic flights within the country include PNG Air and Air Niugini. It is recommended to check their schedules and book your tickets in advance as availability may vary.
Another option is to travel by road, although this can be a longer and less common route. Garasa Airport is located in Gasmata, West New Britain Province. From nearby towns or provinces, you can hire a car or use public transportation to reach the airport. However, it is important to note that road conditions in some parts of Papua New Guinea may be challenging, so it is advisable to plan accordingly and seek local knowledge regarding safety and travel logistics.
Overall, the most efficient and convenient way to reach Garasa Airport is by booking a domestic flight from Port Moresby, Mt. Hagen, or Lae.
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers several transportation options for travelers. Whether you are arriving at or departing from the airport, these options provide convenience and ease of travel.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at Garasa Airport, offering a convenient and reliable mode of transportation. You can easily find taxis outside the airport terminal, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the local area. Taxis are suitable for individuals and small groups, providing a comfortable ride to your desired destination.
2. Car Rental: For those who prefer more flexibility in their travel arrangements, car rental services are available at Garasa Airport. Renting a car allows you to explore Papua New Guinea at your own pace and visit various attractions. Several reputable car rental agencies operate at the airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets.
3. Shuttle Services: Some hotels and resorts in the area provide shuttle services to and from Garasa Airport. This option is particularly convenient if you have pre-booked accommodation, as you can enjoy a hassle-free transfer directly to your hotel. These shuttle services usually run on a fixed schedule and can be arranged in advance through your hotel.
4. Public Transportation: Public transportation options, such as buses and minibusses, are available near Garasa Airport. These provide an affordable way to travel to nearby towns and cities. However, it is important to note that public transportation schedules and routes may be less reliable compared to other options. It is advisable to inquire about the local transport system in advance or seek assistance from airport staff.
5. Airport Transfers: Some tour operators and travel agencies offer dedicated airport transfer services. These services can be prearranged, ensuring a smooth and stress-free journey to your desired destination. Airport transfers are particularly beneficial for larger groups or individuals with special requirements.
Regardless of which transportation option you choose, it is always recommended to plan and book in advance whenever possible. This ensures a seamless travel experience and allows you to make the most of your time in Papua New Guinea.
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient car parking facilities for travelers. There are several parking options available at the airport to suit different needs.
1. Long-Term Parking: Garasa Airport provides spacious long-term parking areas for travelers who require extended parking periods. This parking facility is designed to accommodate vehicles for extended durations, such as for those going on long holidays or business trips.
2. Short-Term Parking: For travelers looking for a quick and hassle-free parking option, Garasa Airport offers short-term parking facilities. This is ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers, or for those needing to park their vehicles for a few hours.
3. Disabled Parking: Garasa Airport provides dedicated parking spaces for individuals with disabilities. These spaces are conveniently located near the terminal building, allowing disabled passengers easy access to the airport.
4. Express Parking: Express parking at Garasa Airport is designed for passengers in a hurry. Located close to the terminal, this parking area offers convenient and quick access to the check-in counters, ideal for travelers with limited time.
5. Valet Parking: For the ultimate convenience, Garasa Airport offers valet parking services. Travelers can hand over their vehicles to professional valets who will park their cars in a secure area. Upon return, the vehicle will be brought back to the terminal for an easy and seamless departure.
All of these parking facilities at Garasa Airport are located within the airport grounds, making them easily accessible to passengers. The airport management ensures regular surveillance and security measures to ensure the safety of parked vehicles. Whether you are flying for leisure or business, these car parking options at Garasa Airport provide convenient and secure parking solutions for all travelers.
Car Rental at Garasa Airport
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, is a vital transportation hub in the country. It serves as a gateway to various domestic and international destinations and plays a crucial role in connecting people, goods, and services. The airport boasts modern and well-equipped terminals that cater to the needs of both passengers and airlines.
The terminals at Garasa Airport are designed to provide a seamless and hassle-free travel experience. Passengers are greeted with a clean and welcoming environment upon arrival, ensuring their comfort from the moment they step foot in the airport. The terminals are equipped with modern facilities such as seating areas, shops, restaurants, and duty-free stores, providing a diverse range of amenities for travelers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
The terminals also prioritize passenger safety and efficiency. Security checkpoints are strategically placed throughout the airport to ensure a safe and secure travel experience. Additionally, the airport employs highly-trained staff members who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and assisting passengers with any inquiries or concerns they may have.
Overall, Garasa Airport’s terminals are a testament to the commitment of Papua New Guinea in providing a modern and efficient transportation infrastructure. With its focus on passenger comfort, safety, and convenience, the airport is an essential hub for both domestic and international travel, supporting the growth and development of Papua New Guinea’s tourism and economy.
As of my knowledge cutoff date in October 2021, the operating airlines at Garasa Airport in Papua New Guinea are:
1. PNG Air
2. Air Niugini (some irregular flights)
Please note that airline schedules and operations are subject to change, so it is advisable to check with airlines or local authorities for the most up-to-date information.
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, operates with strict security protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of all passengers and staff. The airport adheres to international aviation standards and guidelines to maintain a secure environment for travelers.
Upon arrival, passengers are required to go through a thorough security screening process. This includes the inspection of hand luggage, electronic devices, and personal belongings through X-ray machines. Additionally, passengers may be subject to a physical body search if deemed necessary by the airport security personnel. These measures are in place to detect and prevent the transport of any prohibited or dangerous items, guaranteeing a safe journey for all passengers.
Furthermore, Garasa Airport has implemented a highly trained security team that monitors the premises at all times. Their constant surveillance ensures the early detection of any suspicious activities or individuals within the airport premises. Any potential threats are reported promptly and appropriate actions are taken to neutralize the situation and mitigate risks, ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, airport staff, and airline crew.
In addition, the airport has a robust access control system to restrict unauthorized individuals from accessing sensitive areas. Only passengers with valid tickets or airport staff with the appropriate identification are granted access to specific zones. This controlled access helps prevent unauthorized persons from infiltrating restricted areas where aircraft, cargo, or critical airport infrastructure is located.
Garasa Airport prioritizes the safety of its passengers and is committed to maintaining a secure environment throughout the entire travel experience. By strictly adhering to internationally recognized security protocols, the airport ensures that travelers can embark on their journeys with peace of mind, knowing that their safety and security are of the utmost importance.
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as a vital gateway for travelers visiting this beautiful island nation. With its strategic location in the Western Highlands Province, the airport offers convenient access to various popular tourist destinations in the region. The airport is well-equipped to cater to the needs of both domestic and international travelers, providing a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
For international visitors, Garasa Airport offers immigration and customs facilities to ensure hassle-free entry into Papua New Guinea. The airport also has a dedicated team of friendly and knowledgeable staff who are readily available to provide assistance and answer any queries. Additionally, there are information desks and tourism centers within the airport premises, providing travelers with valuable information about local attractions, transportation options, and accommodation.
To make travel more convenient, Garasa Airport provides transportation services, including taxis and car rentals, for travelers to explore the surrounding areas. The airport also boasts a range of amenities, such as currency exchange services, ATMs, and shops, allowing visitors to fulfill their essential needs before or after their journey. Additionally, Garasa Airport prioritizes the safety and comfort of passengers, with well-maintained facilities, security measures, and medical assistance available if needed.
In conclusion, Garasa Airport in Papua New Guinea is an essential travel hub offering a range of traveler’s assistance services. From immigration facilities to information desks and transportation options, the airport aims to provide a seamless travel experience for both domestic and international visitors. With its convenient location and commitment to passenger comfort, Garasa Airport serves as a gateway to the wonders of Papua New Guinea, ensuring that every traveler’s journey starts and ends on a positive note.
Shops and Restaurants
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for last-minute souvenirs, a quick bite to eat, or a place to relax before your flight, Garasa Airport has you covered.
The airport features several shops where you can find a variety of items. From local handicrafts to clothing and accessories, you can browse through a diverse selection of souvenirs and keepsakes. These shops offer a great opportunity for travelers to find something unique to remember their trip to Papua New Guinea.
For those feeling hungry or in need of refreshment, Garasa Airport has a few restaurants and cafes to choose from. These establishments serve a range of cuisines, including local delicacies as well as international flavors. Whether you’re in the mood for a hearty meal or a light snack, there are options available to suit every palate.
In addition to the shops and restaurants, Garasa Airport also provides amenities to ensure a comfortable stay. Travelers can make use of the airport lounges, where they can relax, catch up on work, or enjoy some quiet time before their flight. The airport also provides currency exchange services, ensuring that travelers have access to the local currency during their time in Papua New Guinea.
Overall, Garasa Airport offers a pleasant and convenient experience for travelers. With its range of shops and restaurants, visitors can find everything they need, whether it’s a souvenir to take home or a satisfying meal before their journey. The airport’s amenities further enhance the travel experience, providing comfort and convenience to all passengers passing through Garasa Airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, provides a peaceful and accommodating environment for travelers who seek prayer rooms and worship areas. These dedicated spaces allow individuals to engage in spiritual practices and find solace amidst their journey. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Garasa Airport and their respective locations:
1. Main Terminal Prayer Room: Situated within the main terminal building, this prayer room offers a serene atmosphere for passengers to engage in personal prayer and reflection. It is conveniently located near the departure gates, ensuring easy access for travelers.
2. Multi-Faith Worship Area: Garasa Airport recognizes and respects the diversity of its passengers’ religious beliefs. As such, a multi-faith worship area is available within the airport premises. This inclusive space allows individuals from various faith backgrounds to conduct religious ceremonies and rituals in accordance with their respective traditions.
3. Chapel: For those seeking a more intimate and secluded area for prayer, a chapel is present at Garasa Airport. This quiet sanctuary provides a peaceful setting for passengers to connect with their spiritual beliefs and find solace during their travels.
4. Outdoor Meditation Garden: Nestled amidst the airport’s lush surroundings, an outdoor meditation garden offers a tranquil space for individuals to practice mindfulness and find inner peace. Surrounded by nature, this area provides a serene environment for passengers to relax and engage in spiritual contemplation.
These prayer rooms and worship areas at Garasa Airport exemplify the airport’s commitment to providing a respectful and inclusive environment for travelers of all religious backgrounds. Whether seeking a moment of solitude, a place to practice religious rituals, or simply a space to find peace, passengers can rest assured that Garasa Airport caters to their spiritual needs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Garasa Airport in Papua New Guinea offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities to enhance the travel experience for its passengers. Whether you are a business traveler needing a quiet place to work or a leisure traveler wanting to stay connected, the airport has you covered.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout its premises, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or catch up on important work tasks. The WiFi network is reliable and offers decent speed, ensuring a seamless browsing experience for users. Whether you need to check emails, access social media, or stream content, you can do so effortlessly at Garasa Airport.
For those who require a dedicated workspace, the airport features comfortable seating areas equipped with charging points and ample lighting. Passengers can find these work-friendly zones in various locations, providing a convenient and peaceful environment to focus on their tasks. Whether you need to prepare a presentation, respond to emails, or simply catch up on work, these designated areas offer a suitable space to be productive.
Moreover, Garasa Airport understands the importance of privacy and offers separate workstations for those who require more solitude. These individual workstations are equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and adjustable lighting, allowing passengers to work without distractions.
Additionally, the airport provides printing and photocopying services for those who need to handle paperwork or print important documents on the go. This service is a valuable convenience for business travelers who may require hard copies of presentations or contracts.
In conclusion, Garasa Airport in Papua New Guinea offers commendable WiFi and workspace facilities, ensuring the needs of both business and leisure travelers are met. The availability of free WiFi, dedicated work zones, individual workstations, and printing services make Garasa Airport a reliable choice for those seeking a productive and connected environment.
Accomodation Options Nearby Garasa Airport
1. Budget-friendly options:
– Guesthouses: Located near Garasa Airport, guesthouses offer affordable accommodation for budget-conscious travelers. These typically provide basic amenities such as private rooms, shared bathrooms, and communal areas. While they may lack luxury, guesthouses offer a comfortable stay with a homely atmosphere at affordable rates.
2. Mid-range options:
– Bed and breakfasts: For a cozy and comfortable stay, consider bed and breakfast establishments near Garasa Airport. These accommodations often provide private rooms with en-suite bathrooms and delicious breakfast options. With a warm and welcoming atmosphere, bed and breakfasts are ideal for travelers seeking a mid-range option.
3. Upscale options:
– Hotels: There are several hotels near Garasa Airport that cater to discerning travelers seeking a more luxurious stay. These establishments offer a range of services and amenities such as well-appointed rooms, on-site restaurants, swimming pools, fitness centers, and business facilities. Hotels usually provide a higher level of comfort and convenience, ensuring a pleasant and indulgent experience.
4. Luxury options:
– Resorts: For a truly indulgent stay, luxury resorts near Garasa Airport offer world-class facilities, impeccable service, and breathtaking surroundings. These upscale accommodations typically feature elegant rooms, private villas, spa and wellness centers, gourmet dining options, and recreational activities such as golf, snorkeling, and yacht trips. Resorts offer an extraordinary experience for those seeking ultimate relaxation and opulence.
5. Airport Transit Hotel:
– Garasa Airport may also have an airport transit hotel within its premises or nearby, specifically designed for travelers with short layovers or those in need of a convenient and quick stay. These accommodations are usually located within walking distance of the airport terminal, providing comfortable rooms, 24-hour reception, and amenities to ensure a hassle-free and restful stay.
It is recommended to check online booking platforms or contact Garasa Airport directly for up-to-date information, availability, and pricing of accommodation options in order to choose the one that suits your preferences and budget.
1. Mount Hagen: Located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Garasa Airport, Mount Hagen is one of Papua New Guinea’s most stunning natural landmarks. This imposing mountain offers breathtaking views, lush vegetation, and the opportunity to explore diverse bird species and flora.
2. Dei District: Just a short drive from Garasa Airport, the Dei District is famous for its vibrant traditional cultures and customs. Visitors can immerse themselves in the rich heritage of the region, witness traditional ceremonies, and get an authentic taste of Papua New Guinea’s diverse cultures.
3. Garoka Botanical Gardens: Situated around 50 kilometers southeast of Garasa Airport, the Garoka Botanical Gardens is a paradise for nature lovers and botany enthusiasts. This tranquil oasis showcases a wide variety of tropical plants, including rare flowers and medicinal herbs.
4. Kagamuga Showground: Only a few kilometers from the airport, Kagamuga Showground is an important venue for cultural events, exhibitions, and agricultural shows. Visitors can witness traditional dances, see livestock displays, and explore local crafts at this vibrant community gathering place.
5. Lupaka Wildlife Reserve: Roughly 30 kilometers southwest of the airport, the Lupaka Wildlife Reserve provides an opportunity to encounter Papua New Guinea’s extraordinary wildlife. This sanctuary is home to various exotic animal species, including the elusive tree kangaroo, hornbills, and cassowaries.
6. Hagen Market: Located in Mount Hagen town, less than 10 kilometers from the airport, the Hagen Market is a vibrant and colorful destination. Visitors can explore the bustling stalls selling fresh produce, traditional crafts, and local delicacies. It is a great place to immerse yourself in the local culture and shop for unique souvenirs.
7. Rondon Ridge: Situated on the outskirts of Mount Hagen, within easy reach of Garasa Airport, Rondon Ridge offers luxury accommodation and stunning panoramic views of the surrounding valleys. Guests can enjoy guided nature walks, birdwatching, and beautiful sunsets while experiencing the comfort of this exclusive retreat.
8. Tambul Lodge: Located in Tambul town, around 60 kilometers west of Garasa Airport, Tambul Lodge presents a unique opportunity to observe the captivating traditions and rituals of the Huli people, one of Papua New Guinea’s most distinctive tribes. Visitors can witness ancient rituals, listen to traditional music, and visit the impressive Huli wigmen’s houses.
9. Baiyer River Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated approximately 85 kilometers northwest of Garasa Airport, Baiyer River Wildlife Sanctuary is a pristine area known for its diverse birdlife. Birdwatchers can spot endemic species such as the King of Saxony bird of paradise and the Blue bird of paradise in this untouched natural paradise.
10. Lake Kopiago: Nestled in the Western Highlands, roughly 75 kilometers east of Garasa Airport, Lake Kopiago offers a serene retreat for nature enthusiasts and fishing enthusiasts alike. Set against a backdrop of rolling green hills, this picturesque lake is an ideal spot for boating, fishing, and camping, allowing visitors to fully immerse themselves in Papua New Guinea’s beautiful landscapes.
History of Garasa Airport
Garasa Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, has a rich history that dates back to its establishment in the mid-20th century. Originally built as a military airfield during World War II, it played an essential role in supporting allied forces in the Pacific Theatre. After the war, the airfield was converted into a civilian airport to serve the growing needs of the region.
Over the years, Garasa Airport has witnessed significant development and expansion. Upgrades and improvements have been made to accommodate larger and more modern aircraft. This has allowed the airport to become a vital transportation hub for both domestic and international flights, connecting Papua New Guinea to various destinations around the world.
Garasa Airport has also contributed to the economic growth of the region. Its strategic location has attracted tourism, business, and investment opportunities, boosting the local economy. Additionally, the airport has facilitated the transportation of essential goods, promoting trade and commerce in the surrounding areas.
The management of Garasa Airport has been committed to maintaining high safety and security standards. Regular maintenance and operational checks are conducted to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the airport. A dedicated team of staff and personnel work diligently to provide excellent customer service and enhance the overall travel experience for passengers.
Garasa Airport continues to evolve and adapt to the changing demands of the aviation industry. It remains a vital link for Papua New Guinea, fostering development and connecting the country to the rest of the world. As the airport continues to grow, it is poised to contribute further to the region’s prosperity, serving as a gateway to Papua New Guinea’s natural beauty, cultural heritage, and economic opportunities.
Other Airports in Morobe, Papua New Guinea
- Aro Airstrip
- Aseki Airport
- Baindoung Airport
- Bapi Airstrip
- Bawan Airport
- Biaru Airport
- Boikoa Airstrip
- Bulolo Airport
- Bunguwat Airstrip
- Bunsil Airport
- Derim Airport
- Dinangat Airport
- Engati Airstrip
- Finschhafen Airport
- Garaina Airport
- Garasa Airport
- Gusap Airport
- Heiweni Airport
- Imane Airport
- Indagen Airport
- Isan Airstrip
- Kasonombe Airport
- Konge Airport
- Lab Lab Airport
- Langimar Airport
- Lengbati Airport
- Leron Plains Airport
- Lowai Airport
- Makini Airport
- Maralina Airstrip
- Masa Airport
- Menyamya Airport
- Mindik Airport
- Morobe Airport
- Nadzab Airport
- Ogeranang Airport
- Omora Airport
- Pindiu Airport
- Samanzing Airstrip
- Sapmanga Airport
- Satwag Airport
- Sialum Airport
- Siassi Airport
- Sim Airport
- Siwea Airport
- Tapen Airstrip
- Tawa Airport
- Tekadu Airport
- Tobou Airstrip
- Tsewi Airport
- Tsile Tsile Airport
- Umba Airport
- Wantoat Airport
- Wasu Airport
- Wau Airport
- Yalumet Airport
- Yasuru Airport
- Yawan Airstrip
- Yegepa Airport
- Yeva Airport
- Zenag Airport
- Zuebak Airstrip