The Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Gaspe Peninsula and the surrounding areas, providing convenient access for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is located just off Route 132, which runs along the coast of the Gaspe Peninsula. From Montreal, it is approximately an 8-hour drive to the airport, while from Quebec City, it is about a 6-hour drive.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in the area that can take you to the airport. It is recommended to book your taxi in advance to ensure availability.
For those who prefer public transportation, there is a bus service that runs from Montreal to Gaspe, with stops in several towns along the way. The bus station in Gaspe is located about 5 kilometers from the airport, and taxis are available to take you the rest of the way.
Overall, getting to Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is relatively easy, with several transportation options available. Whether you are driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation, you can easily reach the airport and begin your journey.
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still several ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Gaspe or surrounding areas. The fare will depend on your destination and the distance traveled.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan to explore the Gaspe Peninsula on your own.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your accommodations to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: The Société de transport de la Gaspésie (STG) operates a bus service that connects the airport to various destinations in the region. The bus schedule is limited, so be sure to check the schedule in advance.
5. Private transportation: Private transportation companies, such as limousine services, may also be available in the area. Check with local providers for availability and pricing.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and make arrangements in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip to and from Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport.
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport offers two parking options for travelers: short-term and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are $2 for the first hour and $1 for each additional hour, up to a maximum of $12 per day.
Long-term parking is located a short distance from the terminal building, but a complimentary shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the parking lot. The rates for long-term parking are $10 per day, with a maximum charge of $50 for a week-long stay.
Both parking options are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles and their contents. Payment for parking can be made at the automated kiosks located in the terminal building or at the exit gate of the long-term parking lot.
Car Rental at Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Gaspe Airport features a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. Passengers can also enjoy a variety of food and beverage options at the airport’s restaurant and café. The terminal also has a gift shop where travelers can purchase souvenirs and other items.
In addition to these amenities, the terminal at Gaspe Airport also offers a range of services to make travel easier for passengers. These include baggage storage, car rental, and shuttle services. The airport also has a dedicated parking area for passengers who wish to park their vehicles at the airport during their trip.
Overall, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-equipped facility that provides passengers with all the necessary amenities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
- Air Canada Express: Operates regular scheduled services to and from Montreal.
- Air Inuit: Operates charter flights to destinations in Nunavik.
- Air Saguenay: Operates charter flights to destinations in Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean.
- Pascan Aviation: Operates charter flights to destinations in Quebec and Eastern Canada.
- Provincial Airlines: Operates charter flights to destinations in Newfoundland & Labrador and Eastern Canada.
- TRAXX Aviation: Operates charter flights to destinations in Quebec and Eastern Canada.
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small regional airport located in Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures at Gaspe Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened using X-ray machines and metal detectors. In addition, the airport employs trained security personnel to monitor the screening process and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are safe to board the aircraft.
Another important security protocol at Gaspe Airport is the use of security cameras. The airport has installed cameras throughout the terminal and on the tarmac to monitor activity and detect any potential security threats. The footage from these cameras is monitored by trained security personnel who are trained to identify any suspicious behavior or activity.
Finally, Gaspe Airport has implemented strict access control measures to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering restricted areas. All airport staff and contractors are required to undergo background checks and receive security clearance before they are granted access to these areas. In addition, the airport has installed security gates and barriers to prevent unauthorized access to the tarmac and other sensitive areas.
Overall, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include security screening equipment, security cameras, and strict access control measures.
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small airport located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the main services offered by Gaspe Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair at the airport and be escorted to their gate by a trained airport staff member. Additionally, the airport provides accessible parking spaces and ramps for easy access to the terminal building.
Gaspe Airport also offers a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, a café serving snacks and beverages, and a gift shop selling souvenirs and travel essentials.
For those who require additional assistance, Gaspe Airport has a customer service desk where passengers can ask for information about flights, baggage, and other travel-related queries. The airport staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and they are always willing to assist passengers in any way possible.
Overall, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and comfortable travel experience for all passengers. From wheelchair assistance to customer service support, the airport staff is dedicated to providing exceptional service to all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
* Boutique de l’Aéroport: This shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
* Duty Free: This shop offers a variety of duty-free items such as alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
* Café de l’Aéroport: This café offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
* Restaurant de l’Aéroport: This restaurant offers a variety of hot meals, sandwiches, and salads.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
2. Christian Chapel – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This chapel is dedicated to the Christian faith and is open to all passengers who wish to pray or attend a service.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is designated for Muslim passengers and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is designated for Jewish passengers and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24/7 and are free to use for all passengers. They are maintained regularly and provide a peaceful and respectful environment for all who use them.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport offers a range of amenities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. One of the most important amenities for modern travelers is WiFi, and the airport provides free high-speed internet access throughout the terminal. Whether you need to check your email, browse the web, or stream a movie, you can stay connected throughout your time at the airport.
In addition to WiFi, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport also offers workspace facilities for travelers who need to get some work done while they wait for their flight. The airport has a business center with desks, chairs, and power outlets, as well as printing and scanning services. Whether you need to finish a report, prepare a presentation, or simply catch up on some emails, the business center provides a quiet and comfortable space to work.
Overall, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to help you stay productive and connected during your travels. Whether you’re a business traveler or just need to stay connected with family and friends, you can rely on the airport’s amenities to make your trip as smooth and comfortable as possible.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located at the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport, this lounge offers a range of amenities including complimentary snacks and beverages, comfortable seating, TVs, and Wi-Fi.
- Delta Sky Club: Also located at the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport, this lounge offers complimentary Wi-Fi, snacks, beverages, and comfortable seating.
- United Club: Located at the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport, this lounge offers complimentary snacks, beverages, comfortable seating, and TVs.
Accomodation Options Nearby Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
1. Hotel Motel Le Mirage: Located just a few minutes away from the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport, Hotel Motel Le Mirage offers comfortable and affordable accommodation. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a fitness centre, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant.
2. Auberge de la Pointe: Auberge de la Pointe is a charming hotel located just a few minutes away from the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a spa.
3. Gîte du Mont-Albert: Gîte du Mont-Albert is a cozy bed and breakfast located just a few minutes away from the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a spa.
4. Auberge de la Baie: Auberge de la Baie is a charming hotel located just a few minutes away from the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a spa.
5. Gîte du Mont-Joli: Gîte du Mont-Joli is a cozy bed and breakfast located just a few minutes away from the Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a spa.
1. Forillon National Park: Located just 30 minutes from the airport, Forillon National Park is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers. The park offers stunning views of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, hiking trails, camping sites, and opportunities for whale watching.
2. Percé Rock: One of the most iconic landmarks in Quebec, Percé Rock is a natural rock formation located about 90 minutes from the airport. Visitors can take a boat tour to see the rock up close, or hike to the top of Mont-Joli for a panoramic view.
3. Bonaventure Island: This island is home to one of the largest colonies of northern gannets in the world. Visitors can take a boat tour to the island to see these majestic birds up close, as well as other wildlife such as seals and whales.
4. Micmac Interpretation Site: Located in the town of Gesgapegiag, about 20 minutes from the airport, this site offers a glimpse into the history and culture of the Micmac people. Visitors can learn about traditional crafts, music, and dance, as well as the history of the Mi’kmaq in the region.
5. Cap-des-Rosiers Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse is located in Forillon National Park and is the tallest lighthouse in Canada. Visitors can climb to the top for a stunning view of the park and the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
6. Salmon fishing: The Gaspe Peninsula is known for its world-class salmon fishing. Visitors can hire a guide and try their luck at catching Atlantic salmon in one of the many rivers in the region.
7. Beaches: The Gaspe Peninsula has some of the most beautiful beaches in Quebec. Visitors can relax on the sandy shores of Haldimand Beach, Cap-aux-Os Beach, or many others along the coast.
History of Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Gaspe, Quebec, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1941 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and named after Michel-Pouliot, a Canadian aviation pioneer who was born in Gaspe.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2009, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and inadequate. The new terminal features modern amenities such as a restaurant, a gift shop, and a lounge area for passengers.
Today, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Gaspe Peninsula and surrounding areas. It provides regular scheduled flights to Montreal and Quebec City, as well as seasonal flights to other destinations such as Toronto and Halifax. The airport also serves as a base for air ambulance services and general aviation activities. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport continues to play a vital role in the economic and social development of the region.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport